“Life is Grand, it Yacht to be, we are at Disney! 1/29 New TR link, a question, and this TR is complete!

Haha! It is so true, I love the lights and aliens, however not a clue what I am doing!:confused3
:laughing:
I was just fine, he must of thought I could use a drink. It was very nice.
:)
I should have said something, we were so close to the other table and I didn’t feel like making a scene, I should have nicely said slow down lady.
Future info. If/when you do that again... you'll know. :)
This rings true, I didn’t leave much.
Deserved.

Friday 8/23/19

A morning at MK and a proper tea for lunch.

This post could be called, my love/hate relationship with MK, could our photos be any worse, pinky out for tea, could we be any closer to these guests? where did our server go? Is she ever coming back?

It was extra magic hour at MK and we were ready, except the monorail wasn’t, oh no, this really delayed our early start. We had to take a bus and the security at MK was so busy this morning. Tomorrow Land was our first stop and it was about 8:10 as we made our way to Buzz. We did Buzz twice, the second time Andi was a galactic hero, yay, again, happy for her.:sad2: This ride makes me happy. I honestly have no idea what I am doing on it and I still love it.
View attachment 454693

We still had time in the extra hour and decided on meeting Rapunzel and Tiana. We did wait about 15-20 minutes. I don’t remember much about the meets, not too exciting. The one thing I remember are the awful photos. Poor Andi is squinting in most of them and the lighting was bad. I will show you how bad these pictures are! #photopassfail!

View attachment 454696
Yuck!
View attachment 454702
even worse! 😟
We stopped at the tangled bathroom and then lined up for HM. We were the second group to get on the ride this morning. We did better with the picture here. We enjoyed our ghostly trip.
View attachment 454694

We wanted to do JC next, however, the wait was already to long. Pirates was a short wait, so we jumped on a boat to meet some interesting pirates.
View attachment 454692

Once we finished up on pirates, the park was already so crowded. This is where my love/hate feelings came out. I love this park so much except the crowds, with pushy, and rude people gets to be a bit much. We needed to escape to a less stressful world so we headed back in time on the CoP. What a nice decompressor this ride is, even when we got stuck in the 40’s for awhile.
View attachment 454701

PM was next. This is another great stress reliever. I got the obligatory picture on here.
View attachment 454700

Andi was craving her Mickey pretzel with plastic cheese. We went to Lunching Pad and the CM gave me a free Diet Coke, that was nice. I must have looked like I could use the caffeine.:drinking1

We decided to head out of the very busy park. We took the boat back to the GF. This was a nice relaxing ride as well. I was feeling more zen after CoP, PM, and the boat ride.

We rested for awhile and then we got ready for our afternoon tea. The tea room was not very busy and with our seating luck, we were brought to a table less than 6 inches away from another table of two. We found out they were also a mother/daughter traveling team. We talked to them for awhile. They had just arrived from South Carolina. They were enjoying the tea except the daughter was a little cranky and short with her mom, huh, imagine that. I had no idea what the poor mom must be feeling!:rolleyes1:hyper:
View attachment 454697
love Andi’s farmer tan😂
We left them to their tea and started ours. We had a fair waitress, she was sweet, however, a bit pushy and wanting us to order right away. Andi didn’t even know what tea she wanted and did feel rushed. She literally brought everything at one time. I thought it was spaced a little more in May, oh well not a big deal. We enjoyed our tea. We shared a fruity tea and a chai tea. Both teas tasted very good even on a hot day. We had the service which included the tea, finger sandwiches, scones, and dessert.
View attachment 454698

View attachment 454699

Andi was able to substitute the curry chicken salad with another vegetarian choice. Well, everything arrived all at once literally 2 minutes after the tea and then we never saw our waitress again. It was the famous Disney disappearance of the wait staff!

My favorite finger sandwich is the chicken curry and the cucumber one. I also love the scone with the clotted cream, lemon cream, and jelly. The onion tart is really yummy as well. Andi and I both chose the parfait with the fresh strawberries for our dessert. We really enjoyed our afternoon high tea. We made sure to have pinky out when drinking the tea. The service was initially very rushed and then basically non existent so definite negative for me.😞

It was raining by the end of the tea. We looked around the lobby for a little before we made a run for it. We rested in the room for awhile before our evening plans. Stay tuned for DHS and more bad photos!🤪
Oh, I LOVE your Alice tank top---how cute!!!! So fun reading your reviews too, can't wait for more.

Hello Everyone
I hope everyone had a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving.

Welcome to part 2 of our Friday, this post could be called, did that box take my picture?, mom is crazy in TSL, an Andi miracle, more less than stellar pictures, wow I don’t think the family understands we are hitchhikers...............

After a brief rest in our room, we headed to DHS. We had dinner plans here and fast pass for a few favorites. We arrived around 3:30pm. Our first stop was the ToT. We got in quickly with our pass. It was a fun ride as usual. I love the ability to check out GE up in the tower. I am usually screaming so when I actually have my eyes open to look around, wow, very cool!

IMG_Dec22019at120701PM.jpg

We decided to check out Launch Bay next. We took our time and checked out a couple stores along the way. It mostly was to get out of the heat for a few minutes.

When we arrived at Launch Bay, Chewbacca had a low wait. We decided to visit with our favorite SW friend. I did forget the box was taking our pictures now. It was a little distracting and I did get several pictures of my back. :D :confused3 Nice going picture box.
IMG_Dec22019at120726PM.jpg

Chewie was very nice and it was fun visiting with him. I wanted to check out some SW memorabilia for Jack, he loves SW and Luke’s lightsaber. I sent him a few pictures!
IMG_Dec22019at121035PM.jpg

Off track here, :offtopic:how does everyone like the Mandalorian? I love it and so does Jack. Okay back to HS. We decided to get out of the heat and join Ariel on her voyage. This is a nice heat reliever. It is dated but we hadn’t been for awhile and it was relaxing.
It was time for our next FP and it was on slinky dog. I made Andi take a less than flattering picture of me doing the chunky dump at the Pixar ball. :scared1: She thought I was crazy and quickly took the picture, haha!
IMG_Dec22019at120946PM.jpg

We had a fun ride on slinky.
IMG_Dec22019at120818PM.jpg

Andi was a little perturbed that I got Slinky Dog for every HS day.o_O She would rather do TSM. I have remedied this for January and did 2 days worth of both. It does stink that everything fun at HS is a tier 1 FP. Ugh!
We went to The Muppet area next. It was time to cool down with our favorite show at HS. We do enjoy the Muppet movie, it just doesn’t get old to us. After the quirky show, we checked out the gift shop and Christmas shoppe.
Star Tours was next, we got the Batuu ending, very cool! BB8 was also in our sequence I enjoyed this one!
A miracle happened next, Andi agreed to do the Frozen sing along, it was the last show. We got right in. Andi thought it was fine. I find it very entertaining. I had a good laugh. I think we did this before our ST ride.

We went to sit by the dockside area. We had some ice water and visited. We do like to review our days and plans to come. This was nice. It was shady enough to get a little reprieve from the heat.
IMG_Dec22019at121304PM.jpg

It was time to become hitchhikers now. Almost every time, we eat at Sci Fi diner the hostess tells us we are the hitchhikers. We get the back of the car with a family. Tonight was not any different.
We did get some poor photo pass pictures before we went in. This was new to us, I haven’t seen a photographer here before.
IMG_Dec22019at120848PM.jpg

The family we hitched a ride with in the diner was from Britain and very nice. I do believe they were a little shocked we would be sitting in the back of the car. I don’t believe they understood the whole hitchhiking thing. After their initial surprise, we all went back to chilling in the drive in. Andi and I love this place. It is truly an oasis from the hustle of the park.
We decided to share everything. We started with the Oreo milkshake,
IMG_Dec22019at121209PM.jpg

fried pickles,
IMG_Dec22019at121112PM.jpg

and the falafel burger.
IMG_Dec22019at121144PM.jpg

We both loved the milkshake and fried pickles. The falafel burger was weird. It was mushy and dry at the same time. It was not good. I missed my good juicy burger from here. I should have ordered my own burger, oh well. The French fries were yummy and with the pickles and malt it was enough.
Andi didn’t care for it either. We won’t order that again. Despite the miss on the vegetarian item, we did enjoy our dinner time.
We decided to call it an evening. Our waitress was good at Sci Fi. I would give 1 thumbs up for this meal.
We made our way back to the GF and I had cheesecake for dessert, yummy!
We chilled and went to bed a little earlier than usual, our Epcot tour was the next morning! It would be a long tour in the heat and we wanted to rest up!
Stay tuned for the Epcot WS tour coming soon................

I hope everyone had a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving.
It's been more than a month, but yes I did, thanks for asking.
this post could be called, did that box take my picture?,
:laughing:
I love the ability to check out GE up in the tower.
Oh! I hadn't thought of that.
I am usually screaming so when I actually have my eyes open to look around, wow, very cool!
:lmao:
When we arrived at Launch Bay, Chewbacca had a low wait.
Really! Surprised to hear that.
I did forget the box was taking our pictures now. It was a little distracting and I did get several pictures of my back. :D :confused3 Nice going picture box.
Wait... it's not a person anymore???? (Or ever? I wouldn't know. Never been.)
Off track here, :offtopic:how does everyone like the Mandalorian? I love it and so does Jack.
So far (seen 2-3 episodes) I'm really liking it. ::yes::
I made Andi take a less than flattering picture of me doing the chunky dump at the Pixar ball.
:lmao: Good for you! I'm sure @Steppesister will be pleased.
It does stink that everything fun at HS is a tier 1 FP. Ugh!
:sad2: Everything fun in all of DHS is tier 1. So stupid.
Star Tours was next, we got the Batuu ending, very cool! BB8 was also in our sequence I enjoyed this one!
Cool! Haven't seen that one.
A miracle happened next, Andi agreed to do the Frozen sing along, it was the last show. We got right in. Andi thought it was fine. I find it very entertaining.
I liked it. Want to see it again. :)
We get the back of the car with a family.
Uh... what?????
I do believe they were a little shocked we would be sitting in the back of the car.
I would be too! I had no idea this happened. Last time I was there, there were 4 of us, so I guess it didn't matter.
This just dropped Sci Fi from somewhere in the middle of my list to the very bottom.
We started with the Oreo milkshake,
Although that brings it back up a bit.
fried pickles,
As does this...

I really liked your ToT photo with you looking out at GE! I haven't ridden it because I think it would give me issues with headaches and whatnot, but I think this is a really neat feature that it gives you a birds-eye view of the park!

Thanks for your quick review of The Mandalorian, by the way! I've heard very good things. Nathan really likes it so far. I haven't started watching it yet because I'm not much of a SW fan, so I was worried that I wouldn't understand it, but Nathan says you only need a very basic understanding of the Star Wars movies and that I would probably like it.

When we arrived at Launch Bay, Chewbacca had a low wait. We decided to visit with our favorite SW friend. I did forget the box was taking our pictures now. It was a little distracting and I did get several pictures of my back. :D :confused3 Nice going picture box.

I forgot Chewie had the photo box. It's been a while since we met him. So annoying!

It does stink that everything fun at HS is a tier 1 FP. Ugh!

Yeah I don't get this at all.

I do believe they were a little shocked we would be sitting in the back of the car. I don’t believe they understood the whole hitchhiking thing.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

The tiering at HS is so irritating. I keep hoping they'll change the tiers around again before our trip, but that's looking less and less likely. :sad2:

I wasn't overly impressed with my meal at Sci Fi (it was... fine?), but I LOVED my shake. Getting a shake there alone is almost worth the ADR! It's a bummer your burger wasn't very good, but I'm glad your shake slightly made up for it!

Ok, finally binged your report! I'll comment along in the future!

Too bad you had to cancel the cruise, but at least you will get to go to Disney!

Check out etsy for Mandalorian gear - lots of cute Baby Yoda shirts (I've ordered a couple)! Maybe you can find Xmas presents for Jack?

I did forget the box was taking our pictures now. It was a little distracting and I did get several pictures of my back. :D :confused3 Nice going picture box.
Although I haven't experienced the infamous picture box yet, I really don't like the idea. But I guess I should experience it first before being too judgmental. I just think the photographers made it a better experience.

Off track here, :offtopic:how does everyone like the Mandalorian?
Would you believe I still haven't signed up for Disney Plus!
I plan on getting it this month, before the holidays. So I have more time to watch.

The family we hitched a ride with in the diner was from Britain and very nice. I do believe they were a little shocked we would be sitting in the back of the car. I don’t believe they understood the whole hitchhiking thing.
How strange. I had never heard of this before. I've been to Sci Fi twice - once with my parents so there was 6 of us and the other time with my SIL and we had 5 in the party. We had a full car both times.
Sci Fi for me is just OK.

It's been more than a month, but yes I did, thanks for asking.
I didn’t realize you all celebrated Thanksgiving, that’s cool!
Wait... it's not a person anymore???? (Or ever? I wouldn't know. Never been.)
It is the infamous box. It was distracting. This was the only one we came across during the trip. There is much controversy over these. A money saver measure at Disney? I don’t agree with this move and it also is unfair to the PhotoPass CM’s!
So far (seen 2-3 episodes) I'm really liking it.
I agree, it is really good!
Good for you! I'm sure @Steppesister will be pleased.
The Chunky dump lives on! :rotfl:
Everything fun in all of DHS is tier 1. So stupid.
::yes:: So stupid!
I would be too! I had no idea this happened. Last time I was there, there were 4 of us, so I guess it didn't matter.
This just dropped Sci Fi from somewhere in the middle of my list to the very bottom
It really isn’t to bad because of the car rows, we are not all up in the other guests business. We have always been in a car with another family except when my sister was with us! I would imagine family’s could complain if they didn’t want 2 strangers in the last row. We sure don’t mind. The Oreo shake and fried pickles were so yummy!

I really liked your ToT photo with you looking out at GE! I haven't ridden it because I think it would give me issues with headaches and whatnot, but I think this is a really neat feature that it gives you a birds-eye view of the park!

Thanks for your quick review of The Mandalorian, by the way! I've heard very good things. Nathan really likes it so far. I haven't started watching it yet because I'm not much of a SW fan, so I was worried that I wouldn't understand it, but Nathan says you only need a very basic understanding of the Star Wars movies and that I would probably like it.
It was really cool to see SWGE from up in ToT. I am getting more comfortable on ToT now and sometimes I keep my eyes open. :rotfl:
The Mandalorian is so good and the baby Yoda is so cute! I don’t think you have to be a big SW fan to enjoy this series!

forgot Chewie had the photo box. It's been a while since we met him. So annoying!
It is distracting. It was the only one we encountered!
Yeah I don't get this at all.
The tier system it DHS really detracts from enjoying this park. There just isn’t enough to do here with this system. This park is my least favorite now even with the additions.
We are always hitch hikers at Sci-Fi, we don’t mind

The tiering at HS is so irritating. I keep hoping they'll change the tiers around again before our trip, but that's looking less and less likely. :sad2:

I wasn't overly impressed with my meal at Sci Fi (it was... fine?), but I LOVED my shake. Getting a shake there alone is almost worth the ADR! It's a bummer your burger wasn't very good, but I'm glad your shake slightly made up for it!
I keep hoping this will change at HS. The tier system gets two thumbs down from me!
We have always enjoyed Sci-Fi, our service at times has not been the best. They use to have this all American picnic burger, it was so good, it had a hot dog on it. Disney is always changing the menus and meals are getting smaller now.

Ok, finally binged your report! I'll comment along in the future!

Too bad you had to cancel the cruise, but at least you will get to go to Disney!

Check out etsy for Mandalorian gear - lots of cute Baby Yoda shirts (I've ordered a couple)! Maybe you can find Xmas presents for Jack?
Hi Lesley! I’m glad to see you back on the boards some! I can’t wait to read your TR you started!
It was sad to cancel the cruise, I was really looking forward to this more than Andi and with the added college expenses she was fine dropping the cruise portion.
Thanks for the info about Mandalorian gear, I will need to check it out. The key question is who/what is this adorable baby Yoda! I love your Christmas tee with baby Yoda, so cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!