“Life is Grand, it Yacht to be, we are at Disney! 1/29 New TR link, a question, and this TR is complete!

giphy.gif

Sorry about having to cancel your Thanksgiving trip and the cruise.
I know, I could cry!

I am so with you on the ride. Jason and Casey got to be pilots which seemed mildly more exciting otherwise i just felt like we were in a really expensive video game
Yes I was hoping for a different experience. I get the interaction part but it really doesn’t make this ride more exciting, at least not the engineer role!
I'm really surprised by this. We had the kefta and loved it. Were there nuts in it or something?
I know! After talking with you, we were excited to try it but it did contain tree nuts and Andi is allergic to those. Her peanut allergy is the most severe but as a good mom I didn’t risk it :hyper:
My two favorite toppings. Wish they had a tofu beef combo bowl. I'd be so all over that
I would so order the beef and tofu bowl, yum!
Oh no, sorry to hear this but it sounds like the cuts are definitely worth it in the long run.
Yes, Disney is out pricing my vacation budget these days with adult kids! Who knew adult kids would still be costing a fortune :confused3
Now that almost makes up for Thanksgiving!!!
I was happy the majority of this trip was paid for. The cruise was just to much right now.
This picture may describe my life perfectly
:drinking1Haha!
Do they have a CP in Disneyland Paris/? Best of both words
If they had Disney in Latin America she would be in!!
Bummer that you had to cancel some of your trips but at least you still have 2 to look forward too!
Yes! The January trip will be 10 nights and a good time to leave Minnesota!
All caught up! Boo for the cuts to your upcoming travels, but still yay for more trips!
It’s always nice to have a trip on the horizon! I would have loved to take Andi for her Birthday week. We will celebrate her Birthday in January!

Holy crap! 10 pages behind!
I'll never take another trip again! (until the next one.)
Okay... Here we go!
The price one must pay to go on vacation :hyper:
I never used the app. Maybe once.
I don't need to, as you probably know. I have the VIP transportation pass so I never wait anyways.
How do I sign up for your VIP transportation pass? I want it!
I love this ride. It's in my top... 3-4. In all of Disney.
I am always so happy to ride PPF, it is a must at the beginning and end of our trip.
I live with 3 girls (not including the dogs or hamster)… so yes. I do. Pray for me.
I feel for you!!:sad:
Oh dear. Did you get pooh on her tail?
:rotfl2:
Obligatory PM foot shot!
This is a must!
You got to meet Tracy! yay!
Yes! We spent more time together during the trip and it was so nice!
Tracy is wonderful. :)
::yes::
Oh! I forgot about this one. I put it on my list for the next (or future) trip.
The Reds Revenge was very good. It was strawberry flavored. The infamous hat has been called a uterus all over social media:rotfl:
Hmmm... care to share?
It is by the magic carpets, there is a seating area, however if you go back further into the space there are built in little curved benches and quite hidden actually. Nice spot to chill!
What in the heck?
I would've gotten her name and talked to a manager... maybe... time is money and I don't want to waste any time in a Starbucks. But... yeah, that deserved a mention.
I should have, she was rude and not just to me. I was so flustered and hot, I just wanted to get out of there!
My rooms never have balconies, but... if ever... thanks for the tip!
Lock it away in your good tips section! One of these days you will have a balcony!
Oh! Not a bad idea! I know I came back once, fairly late and my room hadn't been done yet. I wasn't thrilled.
It really has worked well for us!
Then you should've gotten a lotion that would rub you the right way.
:rotfl:
Really? That's not the norm, I don't think?
I know, I wonder if it really went to the right place. It said it sent but I tried again after not hearing anything and that one failed to send.
I've done it a couple times and really liked it. So much that I've considered going from my resort to a Boardwalk resort just to avoid the dreaded Epcot main bag check entrance.
I agree, so much better than the mess at the front of Epcot!
Unless... "I really want to hoot and holler, but... I don't want to disturb these nice ladies sitting beside me."
That could be! He was just being kind not a downer at Disney:hyper:
Great mental image there.
Andi at WDW!!
That's nice. Betting you enjoyed that.
It worked out well!
Nice! Worth it, then.
I have been skeptical of these EMM events but this really was worth it!
Really! I wouldn't have thought of that. And it sounds like it worked out really well, too.
I read it on one of the Disney info sites and it worked to wait a little before heading to SDD
10 minutes isn't bad at all! And yes it is!
It was so nice, like I said we could have rode several more times on this but I was feeling a little queasy
I finally rode it last trip. It's okay. It's definitely meant for the littles, but glad I tried it.
I totally agree, not a ride I need to do every trip!
It still was fairly chaotic in September.
It was a mess in there for us!
The themeing is top notch. I enjoyed walking around more than I did riding SR.
I do enjoy all the details, the ride not as much!
That's a shame. What did it taste like?
It is hard to describe, like a bitter spice?? Just not good
I wouldn't be. They're usually quite safe. And I'd be very surprised if there was any other kind of incident.
That is what Andi keeps telling me! I do want to ride the Skyliner and staying at Pop will give us a chance!
Everyone raves about Satuli. I wasn't that happy with my meal there (a few trips ago), but feel I need to give it another chance.
I have loved all my food here, give it another try!
family? fun? filibuster?
None of those happy words:rotfl2:
Oh, shoot. Well... you have to do what you have to do.
Yes, Disney is out pricing my vacation budget right now!
Congrats to her friend. :)

And... all caught up!
I would love to be heading to Disney for the winter. Do you think they hire older ladies for mid life program?? I would sign up in a heartbeat!
Yay your caught up!

The price one must pay to go on vacation :hyper:
Never again!!!!

until the next time.
How do I sign up for your VIP transportation pass? I want it!
It must be bestowed upon you. This will happen if you are deemed worthy.
I am always so happy to ride PPF, it is a must at the beginning and end of our trip.
I haven't done that... but should!!! What a great way to start and end the trip!
I had... a bit of a different experience this fall...

(Stand by for the TR...)
I feel for you!!:sad:
:laughing:
The Reds Revenge was very good. It was strawberry flavored. The infamous hat has been called a uterus all over social media:rotfl:
:lmao:
It is by the magic carpets, there is a seating area, however if you go back further into the space there are built in little curved benches and quite hidden actually. Nice spot to chill!
Thanks for that. Gotta try to remember that.
I should have, she was rude and not just to me. I was so flustered and hot, I just wanted to get out of there!
I get that.
A lot of times I'm so in shock at bad behaviour that I freeze up.
Only after do I think "I should have said..."

Andi at WDW!!
I do enjoy all the details, the ride not as much!
This seems to be the majority impression.
It is hard to describe, like a bitter spice?? Just not good
Sounds... ick.
Yes, Disney is out pricing my vacation budget right now!
I'm positive there's a group of Disney execs who sit around a table and...
"Really? They're still filling the parks? Well... let's raise the prices again!"
I would love to be heading to Disney for the winter. Do you think they hire older ladies for mid life program?? I would sign up in a heartbeat!
They do hire older ladies. So unfortunately that rules you out. Have you considered the College Program?

Aww.....2 cancellations!! I agree though, it’s for a good reason, there isn’t really a better reason is there!

But, you’ve made some nice additions with the extra nights and some lovely plans....... ::yes::
I know! I was really wanting to do the cruise for a really relaxing time, oh well I will do the DCL one of these years! I am looking forward to our trip in January!

I think Calista is planning to do some sort of teacher thing in Peru in a couple of years. I think once they start doing studies abroad they just want to keep going places! I give them all the credit in the world! haha
This is actually what Andi wants to do. I’m not sure where yet but somewhere in Latin America. Do it while you are young!
actually is cheaper to do winter
This surprises me but makes me happy for in the future because we will definitely go in the winter!

can't wait to report on that part. Might take me a year to get there, but I will!
I will be waiting. Love to hear your views
avoid them too now after a couple of bad experiences. Just not worth it.
The MK Starbucks was awful
That was such a wonderful time together!
Let’s do it again, sooner than later. Once our budgets are fat again!
UGH! The worst! Maybe it'll get better over time, but what a detraction.
I so agree, the ride just has to many distractions, from the strangers in the ship with you and all the button pushing!
I'd agree with this. Theming great with loads of details, love the roaming CMs in character and the stormtroopers, etc... ride was meh
I wonder if the second ride will be any better, I hope so!
That's super weird! With so many with peanut and tree nut allergies this really surprises me.
I agree, the one vegetarian entree had tree nuts in it!
I always get the kids bowl on greens with chicken. So good! One daughter got the tofu and called it, "meh"; the other got beef and loved it. I love that there is something for everyone there- so many choices!
So yummy, I like the kids size as well, very good!
love when I get the back of the boat in a row to myself!
We have been crammed with 2 large men a few times, not fun!
Sigh... yeah, it's what we parents do.
Yes College and kids are expensive aren’t they!
You don't need one to my knowledge. Attendance is super low and you can come and go as you please. Correct me, if I'm wrong, but we did.
That’s good! I was wondering with the new ride if it will be really crowded, maybe not.

Hello Everyone!

I have the day off today, after working the weekend.

Here how I feel most days, haha!

I have decided this is a good time to catch up on everyone’s TR and continue with mine!

Today was Tuesday 8/20/19. Andi said I snored during the night:faint: I blame it totally on my scratchy throat. I woke up with the sore throat still there. I didn’t feel to bad other than a sore throat. I didn’t have any other head cold symptoms, thank goodness!

We had breakfast plans at Garden Grill. Our ADR was scheduled for 9am. We walked over to Epcot and we were able to walk through an empty WS! This was so nice.

We made it over to The Land right before 9am and before the sea of people. Andi was so funny, she was saying don’t look behind you mom, keep going mom, oh my gosh mom the crowds are coming, keep going don’t look back!:rotfl2: It reminded me of the scene from Jaws (my all time favorite movie by the way) when Charlie falls in and the guy on the dock keeps saying “swim Charlie swim, don’t look back”

We did make it and thankfully we were not trampled by the Soarin hungry sharks coming in!:rotfl:

I checked us in and we were seated within 5 minutes for our breakfast with Chipmunks, yay! Our table was on the upper level this time so we didn’t get to see Lwtl going by.

We ordered coke for our beverages, these are included in the meal price. The delicious warm cinnamon roll came out with our drinks. This was delicious, it was soft and gooey like it should be. We also got a bowl of fruit. Standard Disney fruit, it was fresh.

IMG_Oct152019at82935AM.jpg

IMG_Oct152019at83400AM.jpg

Chip and Dale were the first to come over and say hi! These two are always so sweet and playful. They both take time to visit and don’t act rushed.
IMG_Oct152019at83128AM.jpg

IMG_Oct152019at83206AM.jpg

IMG_Oct152019at83705AM.jpg

Our breakfast platter came out next. This includes Mickey Waffles, scrambled eggs, tater tots, sausage, and bacon. This was all very good. It was fresh and tasty. The tater tots are so good. They are seasoned well and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
IMG_Oct152019at83032AM.jpg

Mickey and Pluto came over during this time. Very fun meets with those two! I love Mickey in his Farmer’s outfit, so cute!
IMG_Oct152019at83250AM.jpg

IMG_Oct152019at83443AM.jpg

We both enjoyed this breakfast and the character interactions. The restaurant was not real busy and Chip and Dale stopped by a couple times!

We finished up and paid for the meal and I had a little sticker shock! We did get the 10% off for being passholders but wow, this breakfast is 59.99 now per person. The last time we ate here it was 39.99 with 20% off for the AP. This is ridiculously expensive for us. We do not get our moneys worth at these AYCTE places and with a price tag like that, it is hard to swallow. This was $120.00 for 2 people. 😳 I love the characters and all but man that is to much for us to go again!

We went downstairs and rode Lwtl and this was fun as always. We decided to head out so Andi could change her shirt for DHS.

We had FP+ at DHS.................... cont in the next post.................

Once Andi changed her shirt, we headed to DHS. We took the boat over. It was hot again, can you believe it? :rotfl:

We arrived at DHS and it was crowded. We decided to go over to the new Lightning McQueen area. A show was starting shortly so we went in and had a seat. This was a cute little show. I enjoyed it. It wasn’t a show you have to see every trip.

IMG_Oct152019at121248PM.jpg

It was time for our ToT FP. We headed over to do this. The wait was about 15 minutes, not bad! This ride is a fun one and we had a good sequence of up and down. The picture isn’t the best but it was fun.
IMG_Oct152019at121354PM.jpg

IMG_Oct152019at121423PM.jpg

The QS place close to ToT had water out on the counter with cups. This was really nice because some of the QS locations have you wait in line to just ask for water. We had some water and worked our way towards TSL. The park was so busy, way more busy they I thought it would be this time of year. I keep hearing attendance is down at WDW. It sure wasn’t in August!

Andi loves the movie about Walt Disney in One Man’s Dream. We went into the lovely cool area and watched the movie. I get tearful every time I see the movie. Andi was happy it was the original movie and not a preview for something. We looked around some before it was time to do SDD.

IMG_Oct152019at121217PM.jpg

We went in to TSL and rode Slinky Dog. Another fun ride on the bouncy dog! We didn’t linger much after this. It was hot and we wanted to go rest before the MNSSHP! This was coming up tonight. I braved Starbucks at HS and the experience was so much better. We each got a refresher and made it down to a waiting boat, yay!!
IMG_Oct152019at121130PM.jpg

IMG_Oct152019at121509PM.jpg

We got back to our room and Mousekeeping had been here and left us a cute duck towel.
IMG_Oct152019at121055PM.jpg

I had another macaron, might have been the last one. :sad: It was nice to chill in the room for awhile. We talked about the party and dinner ideas. We decided to try Ale and Compass right here at YC.

Our reservation was right when A&C opened. We were literally the only ones in there and we get this tiny 2 topper very close to other tables, in which they chose to fill up, ugh! There was a huge round table in the corner next to us and it was filled with a super loud family. A single guy was seated literally in our elbow space next to us. I will have to say choose the bar area instead, way quieter and tables not as close together. We decided to try a few different appetizers and a protein bowl.

We started with the Parker House Rolls and spreads.
These were very good, I like the bacon jam spread the best. The other spreads were pub cheese and citrus butter.

IMG_Oct152019at120853PM.jpg

I got one meat choice and this was the Oven-Roasted Meatballs. These were okay, I remember really liking these in May. Tonight there was one strong herb standing out and that was all I tasted. The marina sauce was good.
IMG_Oct152019at121014PM.jpg

Andi got the Vegan Protein Bowl. This had vegan Italian sausage, quinoa, sweet potatoes, and broccolini with a roasted cherry tomato sauce. This was the true winner of our dishes. This was so delicious. It had so much flavor and the vegan sausage was very tasty. We shared this.
IMG_Oct152019at120933PM.jpg

Overall the dinner was good. I would recommend this place. Just realize the tables are close together. The menu has quite a few appetizers and main entrees. We paid our bill, which was 1/2 the price of our breakfast! It was time to get ready for the MNSSHP!

Stay tuned for the party, it was a hot and crowded party!! We had fun despite the crowds, and had a Dis meet again yay!!

It was hot again, can you believe it? :rotfl:
In Florida?? In August?? No way, I don't believe that!! :rotfl:

We decided to go over to the new Lightning McQueen area. A show was starting shortly so we went in and had a seat. This was a cute little show.
I'm looking forward to checking out this area next month, while the rest of the family rides RNR and TOT. It looks cute.

The park was so busy, way more busy they I thought it would be this time of year. I keep hearing attendance is down at WDW. It sure wasn’t in August!
I thought the same thing, just watching wait times this summer! Couldn't figure out what people were talking about with crowds being lower, because wait times were certainly high!

Just loving your TR! Ugh, that is a very pricey breakfast :( The cinnamon roll looked amazing though!
Hope you started to feel better, I hate being on vacation not feeling the greatest....looking forward to more reading!!!

That breakfast price sounds crazy high!! Did they charge you for lunch on accident? I think the GG Candlelight Processional package is like $64 or something??? That sounds crazy!

I have the day off today,
Me too... except it's because I have to replace my oven.
Here how I feel most days, haha!
I like that!!
Today was Tuesday 8/20/19. Andi said I snored during the night:faint: I blame it totally on my scratchy throat.
Uh, oh...
Andi was so funny, she was saying don’t look behind you mom, keep going mom, oh my gosh mom the crowds are coming, keep going don’t look back!:rotfl2:
It reminded me of the scene from Jaws (my all time favorite movie by the way) when Charlie falls in and the guy on the dock keeps saying “swim Charlie swim, don’t look back”
Ooohh… I remember the first time... I thought for sure he was gonna get et.
The delicious warm cinnamon roll came out with our drinks. This was delicious, it was soft and gooey like it should be.
Wow that looks good!
Our breakfast platter came out next. This includes Mickey Waffles, scrambled eggs, tater tots, sausage, and bacon.
Yum!
this breakfast is 59.99 now per person.
Hoookay. I was considering doing this, but... not at that pricetag!
I expect a lot more for $60 than a cinnamon roll and some tater tots.
It was hot again, can you believe it? :rotfl:
No! Hot? In Florida???
We decided to go over to the new Lightning McQueen area. A show was starting shortly so we went in and had a seat. This was a cute little show. I enjoyed it. It wasn’t a show you have to see every trip.
I saw that when I was there with Elle and didn't know what it was.
What is Andi waving? A hat?
I keep hearing attendance is down at WDW.
You could've fooled me. It seems as packed as always.
Andi loves the movie about Walt Disney in One Man’s Dream.
I've never seen this.
<hangs head in shame>
We got back to our room and Mousekeeping had been here and left us a cute duck towel.
IMG_Oct152019at121055PM.jpg
Cute!
We were literally the only ones in there and we get this tiny 2 topper very close to other tables, in which they chose to fill up, ugh!
:sad2:
Probably just one server on duty and that's there "area".
I like the bacon jam spread the best.
mmm... sounds good!
It was time to get ready for the MNSSHP!

Stay tuned for the party
Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter