“Life is Grand, it Yacht to be, we are at Disney! 1/29 New TR link, a question, and this TR is complete!

Andi and I walked over to Epcot. We checked out the gondola construction and the new security area at IG. We made our way towards FW. It was so nice to be back in Epcot! I do love this park and the WS area is such a favorite.
I am looking forward to checking out the gondolas in December!
t was time to call it a night, it was about 8:40, we are such night owls.:laughing: We walked back to the room and had a little dessert on the deck watching Illuminations!pixiedust: Nothing better than eating a delicious macaron and watching fireworks! Blissful! It’s hard to believe this was only our first full day! We did get many things done!
You had an awesome first day!
We did stop to admire the beautiful Cinderella’s castle and decided to line up on the bridge going to Liberty Square. Our first ride plan was PPF. This ride seals the deal for me, meaning it makes me so happy and welcomes me “home”

As we were waiting on the bridge, I realized Ms. Sass had replaced my sweet mellow Andi. Man this girl was irritable this hot, steamy morning. I’m sure it was hormone related, you all know what I mean! She was complaining about everything! The crowds, people standing to close to her, and even her mom! Like what? I didn’t deserve any negativity. I have to say it did put a damper on my wait for PPF! I know we all have off days and wake up a little irritated but geesh, you are WDW!
Ugh....teenagers!
We made our way through FL and right by the Tangled area we ran into @Tracy161. We quickly introduced ourselves and visited for a few minutes. We were right in the traffic flow so we just said a quick :wave2:. I knew we would see her again soon, all I can say is what a sweet nice lady she is!! Even cranky Andi said she was nice:sad2:
Tracy is a sweetheart!
Ariella texted me and gave me directions to their secret sitting area. This is a really nice area and for all the times I have walked by here, I didn’t even know it was there. We got to say hi to @StarWarsMomofGirls! her family and @kastoney and her family. We discussed the heat and crowds. We all walked over to Splash and rode together with our FP+. This was so fun! Improved my morning! Thanks for meeting up with us, ladies and I am sorry if Andi was a little cranky!
Love the Splash picture!
I headed out of MK, I was done with the heat and crowds this morning! I vowed to not go back into that Starbucks again this trip! It was complete chaos. I got a bus back to YC. I entered our room and it was hot! The temp was 76 degrees. I called down and a really nice maintenance lady came up. She informed me our balcony door was not completely shut and this causes the air to turn off. Once we fully shut the door, the air was working fine! So remember in the rooms with a balcony make sure the door clicks or the air will not work!
Good tip!

Now, I am not going to sugar coat this update even though we were heading to the most magical place on earth, AKA MK!!

This morning was not without some really frustrating moments. Thank goodness we also had some wonderful highlights mixed in!

The crowds were crazy that morning, I definitely see how it could have caused frustration for you and Ms. Sass! Sounds like you guys got a lot done despite the craziness. That incident at Starbucks was horrible, I'm so sorry you had to endure that! Sending hugs and hoping the evening was a bit better :hug:

We headed out of our beautiful room to the bus stop. The bus app failed us more than not this trip.
The app barely worked for us this trip for bus times. It was kind of a bummer.

As we were waiting on the bridge, I realized Ms. Sass had replaced my sweet mellow Andi.
OH no! i sadly have expierence in my own Ms. Sass... And hormones are def part of the problem.

I know we all have off days and wake up a little irritated but geesh, you are WDW!
Ha I know! But it happens. I know I have had a morning of crabbiness trying to get everyone up and out of the room.

I love this ride! Hi Nana! I always say that. Nana is one of my favorite Peter Pan characters! We flew through London and Neverland. There, now I am home and hopefully Ms. Sass will lighten up! :rotfl:
I love Nana too! Of course I always think about the fact that the parents are leaving the kids with a dog as the baby sitter.... questionable. ...

This was so fun! Improved my morning! Thanks for meeting up with us, ladies and I am sorry if Andi was a little cranky!
I didn't know. She was quiet, wihch makes sense. I am so glad the timing worked out.

IMG_Sep212019at75550PM.jpg
I love this picture!!!!

It was really hot and crowded. I
It really was! Sigh... Seems like whenever we go it is busy.

minutes, glared at me and finally gave me an ice water! What the h***! I guess everyone was irritable today! I just had it by then. I took my water and left. Starbucks got my $5.00 today and I was just so glad to get out of there, I didn’t care.
I was going to say that I would have done the same. WE have really only gone in that Starbucks a couple times. It is just always busy.

Our room was freshly cleaned and I decided to take a rest. Overall MK was fun this morning, however, Ms. Sass, the heat, the crowds, and my experience at Starbucks caused me so much frustration!
Sorry that the morning was as magical as you would have liked. Hopefully things picked up after your rest.

My goodness, what a morning!! Too bad Andi (and everyone else, it seems!) was feeling crabby. Everyone had their days—I know I certainly do sometimes—but when you're at the happiest place on earth it's really not the best time for it! I can't believe that at Starbucks! I can see it being really busy, but 40 minutes for a drink you didn't even get?!? That's absolutely mad. I don't blame you for leaving! I would have been tempted to stop in to Guest Relations on my way out, but I'm sure you were just ready to leave and not wait in another line at that point. I really hope things brighten up soon for this day! And glad to see you managed to get in a good ride on PPF and some fun Dismeets to help balance things out a bit :)

It was time to try the newly famous Reds Revenge from Sunshine Tree Terrace. It was so hot out and this was very good! Andi ate the chocolate hat or as some say uterus:laughing:

Oh my gosh, I will never be able to look at this the same again! :rotfl2: Bring's a whole new meaning to "Red's Revenge"!
I think we all have our crabby days at Disney, I hope it all improved quickly!

Crabby mornings in Disney are no fun but I've definitely been there lol. Seems like you still managed to make the best of your time though!

Ugh that Starbucks experience sounds like a disaster. I got a major attitude at Starbucks in AK in June when I asked for water too :confused3 :confused3

Hi Caroline,

I've enjoyed following your trip report. We love the BC/YC and Epcot, too. :)

It was really nice to be able to run into so many Dis-ers.

Ariella texted me and gave me directions to their secret sitting area. This is a really nice area and for all the times I have walked by here, I didn’t even know it was there.

Where was the secret sitting area? It is nice to find quiet areas in the parks.

Oh wow, so sorry about your Starbucks encounter! How utterly ridiculous.
On another note, can I ask, where the secret sitting area is, that Ariella spoke of? Sounds nice :) Just love your TR, and can't wait to read more!!!
Also, we made a day trip to Duluth on Saturday, and I thought of you and Andi! Such a cool city - we ate at Grandma's! Hope you had a nice weekend :teeth:

I'm sorry Andi was cranky this morning! You can't tell by the photos though, at least she has a smile on her face!

Love the Splash ride photo- a whole DISboard crew in one log!

What a crappy experiene at Starbucks, I'm sorry! :(

Heading back to the room to recharge was probably a good idea!

Well, that certainly wasn't the way you were expecting your MK morning to go. The summer heat can bring out the worst in people, unfortunately, and I feel like it all builds. One cranky guest sets off two guests, etc etc. Still no reason for the Cast Member at Starbucks to be so rude to you, though.

On the flip side, you managed to get an awesome Splash Mountain photo! Look at all you DISers having a blast. How fun!

Good to know about the balcony door; sometimes those doors can be tricky to close completely.

It was time to try the newly famous Reds Revenge from Sunshine Tree Terrace. It was so hot out and this was very good! Andi ate the chocolate hat or as some say uterus:laughing: she said it was good. I loved the strawberry flavors, it did melt fast and we had to eat/drink it fast.
That looks good! I don't think I knew about this new treat at all. I love Dole Whip, but a change is nice too.

You all nailed the Splash picture! Looks like you had a lot of fun, despite some crabbiness in the air.

Ugh Starbucks. I have to be honest, I just avoid it entirely, either at home or on vacation. I'm not a coffee drinker and there's really nothing on the menu I feel like spending 5 or 6 bucks on. My wife and daughters like it though, so we ended up in the Starbucks in the parks almost every day. It was always crowded, but not as bad as your experience.

Following along.
I was there last week, and was a bit surprised at how crowded it was. I barely did MK because of the high levels (lots of ride breakdowns too). I of course made it for a few laps on the PM. Instant bliss.
I stayed at WL, which was great! Thinking of YC for next spring and your pics sold me on it.
Looking forward to reading more

I remember your pictures from your YC room. We really did get lucky especially with having booked standard! I loved the balcony, so nice and the view was spectacular.
I know! When is your March trip? We maybe going 3/22-3/28.

We'll be in Disney until the 23rd! Hopefully we can meet up!

Hi! I am checking in to follow this report! I actually booked our next trip already - next Sept. at Beach Club! So I'll be interested to read the YC notes from you. I was at WDW the same time as you - we were there 8/19 to 8/24. We stayed at AKL and had a great time! We did the free dining (and we went with my parents and sister). Prior to this trip, the last time I was at WDW was Dec. 2015. A lot of the meals had so much food, my mom and I would comment that we could share it, etc. I told my mom about your trip reports and how you say you do share things, etc. - and how I thought in my head I must eat more than you, I would be hungry, etc. but now I realized we really could split the meals! Haha.

Oh I so do not look forward to days in MK with a teenager. Casey can have her moments, but I know they are nothing compared to what the hormonally fueled moments will be. Good news is I had no idea Andi was in a mood so she played it off nicely
It put me off some because Andi is usually not cranky. She lightened up as the morning went on. Teens can be so emotional! Good luck, haha! It will be fine!
Love when we just get to run into each other
It is exciting to see Disers out in the parks
How does Andi look like this when she doesn't even know where the camera is :confused3

We must have been on the same path as you all this day. We did HM right after PP and had a pretzel at the lunching pad and some time on the people mover (aka pooper) too
She is something with the pictures, I thought I had one up on her and here she looks so perfect! Love the pooper!
Love a good uterus on a hot day
:rotfl:
It was so great to spend a little bit of time with you all. I think we may have had the silliest boat in the wilderness
I agree, short but sweet!
Ugh, I am so sorry. That is beyond ridiulous. You would think they could tell you when you ordered how far behind they are so you don't waste your time. We've only gone in that Starbucks twice because every other time the lines are just insane. Hope the crowds got better for you as the week went on.
It sucked, who waits 50 minutes for a drink and then gets yelled at, not cool!

How funny! I saw Kari and her family in the line for PPF too! I was in the FP line and we passed each other
We must have just missed you! It is the best time to ride first thing!
It always does, doesn't it?
The PM is and will always be a favorite of mine!
Good! :thumbsup2 When I travel solo, the only sassy mood I have to watch out for is my own :lmao:
My mood was pretty sassy after Starbucks:lmao:
Awww, the feeling was mutual! Was so fun to just run into you two and it was only a preview of the fun still to come!
I’m so glad we had several times to meet up and visit, I really enjoyed it!
have no words. I would have been SO cranky about this. Especially after being yelled at!
I sure was, I was afraid to even ask about my drink, I just wanted out of there!
I'm glad you still managed to have some fun, but hopefully this day is going to turn around after a nice rest!
I did overall, it was just an off morning!

I am looking forward to checking out the gondolas in December!
We are too! In January.
You had an awesome first day!
It really was, loved the YC
Ugh....teenagers!
You said it, Susan!!
Tracy is a sweetheart!
Again you are correct!
Love the Splash picture!
It was so fun, I had to go to a photo pass place to retrieve it. I really wanted this one!
Good tip!
I thought my bad luck was continuing and glad just making sure the balcony door was shut, easy fix!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter