“Life is Grand, it Yacht to be, we are at Disney! 1/29 New TR link, a question, and this TR is complete!

Voodoo donuts are delicious ! I can't wait to go back in Nov. I think I shared the oreo, mini m&m, cinnamon sugar, coconut, boston creme and grape ones. of course, those are my descriptions not their official names :) ( i am too lazy to go to the website to find the names)
I agree totally!! We loved these. The density, flavor, and freshness are a perfect combination. They are fluffy, not to dense, yum!! I want to try some of the ones you described. We will be back definitely!!

Reactions: DLo
Joining in late! I'm trying really hard to catch up on The Dis but it has been a struggle as I got so far behind!

I enjoy hearing about Universal/Disney trips as I need to figure out the best option for our family group for a few years down the road. Staying at Universal certainly seems the best option!

Hello Everyone!

Andi and I were ready to head off to the YC now. I did get a text several hours ago stating our room wasn’t quite ready yet and that was it:confused3 I didn’t know at this time if our room was ready or not. We called Lyft and made our way to YC. It was busy and took us awhile.

I decided to put an order in for some groceries. I used Instacart for the first time. I signed up for the promotion and didn’t have to pay a delivery fee. I just had to remember to cancel by 8/30 or I would be charged for a year of service! I just ordered some water, bananas, string cheese, granola bars and a bag of Dove chocolates! A girl has to have chocolate! This worked well, I got real time updates from the shopper and he was set to be at YC in about 1 hour! In case you are wondering, I did remember to cancel in time::yes::

We arrived at the beautiful YC, it smelled so good inside! I believe it is the same fragrance as BC. The lobby was buzzing with people everywhere! This was my first inkling it was way more crowded this August then ones prior. It also felt more busy than May, oh boy! I had to go and wait at check in because we never received any further texts about our room.

IMG_Sep122019at20148PM.jpg
Lobby picture from May, way less crowded.
The CM was very friendly and said our room was ready and we had a waterview:D This was an upgrade from standard view. I was anticipating a roof top view or parking lot view so this was great. She said we were good to go. The next surprise was how reasonably close to the lobby we were. I mean this because we were on the 4th floor in a corner, but it wasn’t miles down hallways!! In May, our room felt like it was miles down a hallway. We found our room and guess what, magic bands would not open the door, nope, nada:sad2:
IMG_Sep122019at15930PM.jpg

I headed back down with our bands, I had to again wait awhile. I got a different CM and she got it squared away, I hoped. The funny thing is I get down to the desk and I had to text Andi for the room number and ask “Is this our room”? I totally had the wrong # to tell the CM. Our room was 4163 not 4164, thank goodness for texts so I didn’t look like an idiot.:laughing:

I headed back up and success!! We opened the door and immediately fell in love with our room! It was so nice, we had 3 windows and this made it feel so much bigger. The balcony overlooked Crescent Lake and the Boardwalk. It was beautiful! It made me so happy:lovestruc.

IMG_Sep122019at15724PM.jpg
Looking to the left
IMG_Sep122019at15805PM.jpg
Looking to the right
IMG_Sep122019at15845PM.jpg
Looking straight ahead

We couldn’t spend to long enjoying the view and room because my grocery order was waiting outside of the lobby. We headed back down and found the guy after a process of elimination. He wouldn’t get out of the vehicle so I had to guess and go up to the vehicle and open the door, it was a little weird. We got our items and hauled it up to the room and then we could relax for a bit!
IMG_Sep122019at15444PM.jpg

IMG_Sep122019at15517PM.jpg

IMG_Sep122019at15237PM.jpg

IMG_Sep122019at15555PM.jpg
The bathroom has two sinks and storage underneath, toilet and shower separate room.
IMG_Sep122019at15642PM.jpg
No lotion given out anymore:sad:
We rested for about an hour. I ate one of my macarons, yummy. We unpacked some and admired our room some more. We then decided to walk over to Epcot! Our first park of the trip. The walk is not bad, it is longer than BC, of course. We had an exit door right by our room and we went out that way several times when we were walking somewhere, it was nice!

Stay tuned for our evening in Epcot..........................

I felt so spoiled when I stayed at BC a couple years ago. It was so beautiful and the walk to Epcot was dangerous during Flower & Garden. ;)

What a nice upgrade and a beautiful view! That's so weird about the Instacart not getting out of the car, but I've never tried it so maybe that's the norm?

I like that you can actually hold the ray gun on MIB, makes it more fun!
That's right! I'd forgotten that. I kept trying to "blast" Elle.
Yes and you probably didn't press the red button! I never beat Andi on any scoring ride so it was awesome to at least once beat her score on MIB!
I don't remember now if I did or not. I knew about it, but... maybe I pressed it at the wrong time?
She freaked in the elevator so the ride would have been to intense.
In the elevator???? Yeah, good call on skipping it!
I’m surprised how good the impossible burger tasted, it is hard to tell the difference!
They have one at Food & Wine and might try it (depending on how hungry I am and how many other things I've eaten already.)
Andi had to give me her phone for Hulk and Rip Ride and her lanyard, so you can’t have anything on those 2.
Yep.
Stupid autocorrect won’t let me write macarons, it just keeps correcting so I gave up, :rotfl: These are way better then macaroons!!
:laughing:
Ok. You're forgiven.
I think 2 days at US is enough time for us! It is very fun with great rides, however not a place we need to do things over and over!
It just doesn't have... the magic. You know?
Our walk was about 15 minutes so a little longer than yours!
Not much longer, though!
You can’t see her socks in this one but they are knee high Slytherin socks.
Of course they are! :laughing:
One of the TM’s gave us a little “glitter”, not sure what to call pixie dust at US, he loved Andi’s outfit and gave us a car to ourselves on the Hogwarts Express! He said she needed to get back to school:laughing:
:laughing:

It is so true to Kings Cross plus the extra fun of passing through platform 9&3/4!
Funny story, when I was at the real Kings Cross several years ago, we were wandering around looking for Platform 9 3/4 and a train conductor called out of his window "are you looking for Harry Potter?" and pointed us in the right direction. It was SO funny :rotfl2:

We found our room and guess what, magic bands would not open the door, nope, nada:sad2:
Ugh, this happened to me, too! And I was at Movies and waaaaaaaay far away from the lobby. :headache:But I did take the time to ask to opt out of Mousekeeping so the trip was worth the $50 because I probably wouldn't have bothered to ask otherwise.

We opened the door and immediately fell in love with our room!
I can see why! Those views are amazing!!! And the room itself really lovely.

He wouldn’t get out of the vehicle so I had to guess and go up to the vehicle and open the door, it was a little weird.
This is strange to me. I'd have at least stood by the car if I was him!

We then decided to walk over to Epcot!
This is SUCH a luxury of staying at an Epcot resort. :cloud9:

That's a fantastic view from your room!

Every time I see a picture of beds at Disney now, I think how much I don't like the plain white bedding. A full patterned bed spread isn't necessary, but I at least liked the runners they used to have at the foot, just to give some colour.

Beautiful views from your room, wow. I would love to stay there sometime, I really love that area! Can't wait to read more, so exciting!!

Hi Caroline! I'm a little late, but I'm here!

We have found each time we go now in August, it is getting more crowded, grrrr!

I've noticed this, too! So unfortunate! It really was a sweet spot in the summer. If the crowds keep picking up, then I don't know if the heat will be worth it.

we rode HP FJ, this ride is amazing! I did feel a little queasy afterwards, I think because it was travel day, normally I don’t. We only rode the one time.

It's an awesome ride! Good for you for only being a bit queasy. I think lots of people (including myself) get pretty sick on it, so it's impressive you're usually okay on it.

Oh and by the way, the wait for the new Hagrid’s ride had a 180 minute wait all evening and then was closed due to time and capacity!

That's unfortunate! Sounds like you did lots of other fun things though :)

I am a very big HP nerd. I started to read the books years ago, to see if it was suitable for Jack, and I was hooked!! I won’t bore you all with my HP accolades, just know these are some of the best books I have ever read and I read a ton!!

Me too!! It's such a wonderful detailed story. I fell in love with the characters and their world!

We decided to share a Butter Beer, it was good, I do prefer the frozen one.

I like frozen as well.

I must confess I am a ride chicken! I have rode the Mummy a few times and I find it fun and terrifying at the same time. I need to be in the right state of mind to ride it and I was not today!

Haha yeah, it's a pretty intense ride! Andi must be pretty fearless when it comes to rides cuz it sounds like she will ride almost anything!

I do like the nod to Jaws during the ride. I miss the Jaws ride.

So do I. Very nostalgic for me, but a fun ride!

They had an impossible burger on the menu and Andi wanted this.

Neat! Does Andi like the impossible burger? I've never tried it. It wasn't gluten free when it first came out, but I think they changed the recipe and now it is.

the sweet treats we picked up at the end of our stay were worth every single penny and then some. So delicious!

Yum! These looked so tasty! Especially the macarons <3

Stay tuned for our arrival at WDW, is this our room??

Oooh...this sounds promising...

I got here just in time!!!

You will want to watch this thread if you are interested in our reviews of 3 deluxe resorts, the dark side, 2 tours, 2 hard ticket events, many different dining reviews (vegetarian choices), awesome Dis meets, hot and steamy weather, thinking it was spring break a few times with the crowds, a SWGE preview, and many changes to those set in stone plans, haha!
Can't wait to hear all about it.

is that Troll farting sparkles?
I wanted to go just to see this troll!

Vodoo yummy, a little beat up from the Lyft ride to WDW
IMG_Sep102019at61556PM.jpg
Fun!

The CM was very friendly and said our room was ready and we had a waterview:D This was an upgrade from standard view. I
YEAH to upgrades!

No lotion given out anymore:sad:
Boo.

I decided to put an order in for some groceries. I used Instacart for the first time. I signed up for the promotion and didn’t have to pay a delivery fee. I just had to remember to cancel by 8/30 or I would be charged for a year of service!

I did the same thing in June. I was very proud of myself for remembering to cancel :rotfl:

The balcony overlooked Crescent Lake and the Boardwalk.

Gorgeous view! What a nice upgrade!

He wouldn’t get out of the vehicle so I had to guess and go up to the vehicle and open the door, it was a little weird.

That's so strange. I never picked up the delivery from the driver, I always have them bring it to bell services so idk if that's normal or not.

We found our room and guess what, magic bands would not open the door, nope, nada:sad2:

Ugh. Why does this happen ALL THE TIME?? So frustrating.

I headed back up and success!! We opened the door and immediately fell in love with our room! It was so nice, we had 3 windows and this made it feel so much bigger. The balcony overlooked Crescent Lake and the Boardwalk. It was beautiful! It made me so happy:lovestruc.
IMG_Sep122019at15724PM.jpg

Beautiful view :love:

Loving all your time at Universal. I think we are getting pretty close to going since Casey is more aware of the stuff there now but I know nothing about it. Will be weird to be in a park and not know where everything is. The EP seems like a great deal too.

Your Yacht Club room is amazing!!!!!! Brings a whole new definition to "standard" view

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!