“Mom, it’s the plague and on my Birthday!” 11/21-11/27/17 trip. Complete 2/26. New TR link!

Sounds like a nice morning at AK getting to do FoP and get in 2 rides on Dinosaur! Those PP pics in Dinoland are so cute!

Oh no it doesn't sound good for Andi :( And that really stinks about the bus!

I'm worried about the foreshadowing for Andi's birthday night... :scared:

A nice day in AK though! Great that you got on FoP. I also love the animals trails—I feel like they're underrated.

Andi was hoping we would get the higher area but we were on the lower level, I think? Again, this was awesome, ride this if you can on your trip, you will love it.
We were able to ride it on every level - if you have a FP though the default is the bottom, sometimes the middle. But if you ask the CM they will happily send you to the top level! It was so cool and a totally different experience each ride because of our locations in the theatre!

FoP ride so we tried to go into Pandora from the Bridge in Africa, however it wasn’t opened yet. I love entering that way!
That is a gorgeous walk isn't it?

f5e858c9-d1e5-493b-b61a-c4b27f855c55-jpeg.297638
Cute props haven't seen them before.

Your FT French fries look delectable.

Joining in to follow along! I'm scared to see what's coming...

I tried to get Andi to to do the cool ghost portrait but she didn’t want to.

These are so cool. My DD got one last year and we hung it on the wall, everyone does a double take when they look at it. Non Disney fans probably think it's nuts but it's our home and we can hang up whatever we want lol

She looks for the ones with older CM’s and says I could see you working here mom.
I tease her and tell her if she works at Disney, she will get calls from CM’s telling her your mom is lost in Fantasyland again and won’t get off Peter Pan, lol!

I love this. I always dream about working at Disney one day too. It might be tricky since I'm Canadian so I was looking for older CM's at the Canada pavilion lol

We tried the beignets, we split the 3. These were okay but nothing like the cafe in New Orleans where I had them once.

Nothing can beat the beignets on NOLA. So good.

We got some nice pictures and then enjoyed SE. This is one of my favorite attractions in all of WDW, such sentiment and memories for me from trips many years ago. I hope this never changes or goes away, I would be so sad!

They could never get rid of SE could they? I shouldn't say that because I don't want to jinx anything but come on, that ball is a symbol of Epcot...they can't change it.

Sounds like a nice morning at AK getting to do FoP and get in 2 rides on Dinosaur! Those PP pics in Dinoland are so cute!

Oh no it doesn't sound good for Andi :( And that really stinks about the bus!
I love Dinosaur, that was the longest wait for a bus we have had! I like the different props I am seeing with some photos now!

I'm worried about the foreshadowing for Andi's birthday night... :scared:

A nice day in AK though! Great that you got on FoP. I also love the animals trails—I feel like they're underrated.
Yes the evening is a bummer for her, AK was a fun morning and the weather was awesome for touring!

We were able to ride it on every level - if you have a FP though the default is the bottom, sometimes the middle. But if you ask the CM they will happily send you to the top level! It was so cool and a totally different experience each ride because of our locations in the theatre!
This is good to know, Thank you! We have 3 FP in February

That is a gorgeous walk isn't it?

Cute props haven't seen them before.

Your FT French fries look delectable.
Love the trails, the props are fun, I see more in pictures. The fries were good.

Happy belated birthday to Andi!!! :bday:

Uh oh... I've been anxious about your trip title from the start! :headache: But at least you had a lovely morning at AK! :thumbsup2
Andi says Thank you! Wonderful morning in AK, one good thing is the title didn’t happen until the last evening!

Best birthday ever!!
So sweet even when you were sick it was still a great Birthday in Disney!

Joining in to follow along! I'm scared to see what's coming...

These are so cool. My DD got one last year and we hung it on the wall, everyone does a double take when they look at it. Non Disney fans probably think it's nuts but it's our home and we can hang up whatever we want lol

I love this. I always dream about working at Disney one day too. It might be tricky since I'm Canadian so I was looking for older CM's at the Canada pavilion lol

Nothing can beat the beignets on NOLA. So good.

They could never get rid of SE could they? I shouldn't say that because I don't want to jinx anything but come on, that ball is a symbol of Epcot...they can't change it.
:welcome: Glad to have you joining in! I think the portraits in HM gift shop are so cool, maybe I can talk Andi into doing this on our next trip.
I am with you on working at Disney someday, how fun
I fondly remember the beignets in NOLA, yummy
I would be so sad if they took away the awesome SE attraction, so iconic to the park. I love it:yay:

Time to update this trip! When I left off, we had a wonderful evening in Epcot! Today was our last full day at WDW. It was Andi’s actual Birthday today, she was now an adult, 18! :bday: The time sure flies when having fun on vacation.
Happy Birthday to Andi!!!!!

I learned about the ketchup and mustard lines in the loading area on the Dis, so I looked for those. I do remember when McDonalds was all over the park, years ago, do miss there French fries in the parks!
I recall the McDonalds days too, though I loathe "yucky McDonalds" as it is known in our house so I wasn't sad to see it go. What are the ketchup and mustard lines?

It was almost time for our FoP ride so we tried to go into Pandora from the Bridge in Africa, however it wasn’t opened yet. I love entering that way!
I've never understood why they block off entrances in the park and what is clearly a walk-way. We encountered this same issue a few times on our last trip and it was pretty annoying to walk all that way and then find it blocked.

We decided to share the French Fries with pulled pork and cheese and I also got a kids hot dog meal.
I can't wait to try these sometime

We had to wait over 30 minutes for a bus so that sucked! There was a family with two little kids and they were fuming! They called to complain and were told a bus was on its way, well it wasn’t we still had to wait awhile. I found out they had been waiting almost 50 minutes. That is not good. I am not sure why but that is way to long to wait for a bus!! The bus showed up and we were on our way.
Yikes! I've never understood why they don't do more monitoring of the buses for issues just like this. We had a 45 minute wait at AK on our trip too and it was horrible.

Stay tuned for PART 2. The trip title comes to fruition yikes!!!
Oh no, poor Andi!

Just joining in and loving your trip report!

You and Andi are so cute! My DS-16 still likes to travel with us, but I am prepared that very soon he may not want to. I'm sure DD-14 would keep going on vacations though.

I love your pics of POFQ. We were planning to stay there for a couple nights pre-Bay Lake Tower in April, but we have decided to do a three night cruise on the Wonder, instead. POFQ looks cute though and they had a really great AP discount. I'm sure I would have liked it!

Happy Birthday, Andi! I hope the rest of her birthday wasn't a total bust, but it doesn't sound good!

Happy Birthday to Andi!!!!!

I recall the McDonalds days too, though I loathe "yucky McDonalds" as it is known in our house so I wasn't sad to see it go. What are the ketchup and mustard lines?

I've never understood why they block off entrances in the park and what is clearly a walk-way. We encountered this same issue a few times on our last trip and it was pretty annoying to walk all that way and then find it blocked.

I can't wait to try these sometime

Yikes! I've never understood why they don't do more monitoring of the buses for issues just like this. We had a 45 minute wait at AK on our trip too and it was horrible.

Oh no, poor Andi!
When you are in the loading area of Dinosaur, look up at the ceiling and there are yellow and red tubes, supposedly the mustard and ketchup tubes?? Not sure of significance just something I read on here.
The fries were good, definitely try!
I think the buses for the most part are good but the waits can stink at times!
Bummer evening coming up!

Just joining in and loving your trip report!

You and Andi are so cute! My DS-16 still likes to travel with us, but I am prepared that very soon he may not want to. I'm sure DD-14 would keep going on vacations though.

I love your pics of POFQ. We were planning to stay there for a couple nights pre-Bay Lake Tower in April, but we have decided to do a three night cruise on the Wonder, instead. POFQ looks cute though and they had a really great AP discount. I'm sure I would have liked it!

Happy Birthday, Andi! I hope the rest of her birthday wasn't a total bust, but it doesn't sound good!

:welcome:Thanks for reading and commenting. My son was last at Disney when he was 17 and he was a complainer, hated the lines, boring, yap,yap! Andi on the other hand soaks it all in and finds new and interesting things each time we go so I am very thankful! My son, Jack, does want to see SW land so may get him back someday!

I loved FQ but I am so excited to stay at BLT. The walk to MK is such a plus! How fun to do a cruise and WDW!

Andi says thanks for the Happy Birthday, 18 such a big birthday! I am not going to lie the evening coming up was a bit of a bummer!

Andi’s Birthday, Part 2 of Day 6...................

When I left off, we finally made it back to FQ after a long bus wait. We both took a little rest which was nice for me. I was ready to go, feeling good and ready to conquer the MVMCP until midnight, woop! This is :offtopic: just wondering how you all feel about these security checks Everyone is talking about. I sure hope it is done while we are at the parks during mousekeeping. I am thinking for most it is not a big deal, however, on here people have been writing about some bad experiences yikes!

Okay, back to the report. I was ready to head to MK and in a great mood. Little did I know, Andi woke up feeling yucky:crazy2:. She didn’t say anything to me at this point. We arrived at the park around 3:30. The line for the party wrist bands was long so we went in via the AP entrance, very quick. We had a FP for Ariel’s ride. We did this and had a fun time visiting under the sea.....

Our ADR for CRT was at 4:30, it was getting close to check in so we headed over there. We checked out Sir Mickey?? Shop before getting to the castle. This is when Andi told me she wasn’t feeling good. She was very achy, sore throat, and the chills:sick: yikes! She took two ibuprofen and said she wanted to keep going at this point.
4ABA8753-B4ED-4A28-AF32-9FDA618A46D3.jpeg 70F09688-7D9D-4D8B-810B-631F9CB2E2F2.jpeg
37DE7FB0-3095-4488-B10A-B28757D80D7D.jpeg 565FC15B-283E-4471-B12F-C37432A24787.jpeg

We checked in at CRT and went in line to see Cinderella, she was very nice, we had our picture and soon we were called upstairs to the dining area. We had a decent spot, we could see the whole dining room so this was great. We were given the wishing stars and wand when we were seated. We had a very nice waiter. He was very efficient. This meal is a 3 course one, I had prepaid for it when I made the ADR. The appetizer is a choice of soup, salad, or cheese plate. The soup didn’t sound appetizing so we both went with the salad. The salad was fresh but unfortunately it was dressed with a maple vinaigrette and with the goat cheese it didn’t compliment to me. It was okay but I would have probably enjoyed the cheese plate better. Andi didn’t like it much either.
E2E15000-D9BD-4AFD-85DA-9EB7BAE9A61F.jpeg

I chose the steak and shrimp entree, this was very delicious but very small even for me. The steak was done as I ordered, medium rare, the shrimp were fine. This had a scallop like potato and asparagus. The sauce on the steak was very good. Disney sure salts everything wow! I enjoyed my entree very much, however, if my DH ordered this he would still be hungry.
5D70489C-1769-4267-A0BE-8A14D2F6309F.jpeg

Andi chose the chicken entree, this was very good as well. The chicken was moist, flavorful, and complimented with a nice sauce and vegetables. I took a little taste before she did. Funny how I shared food with her all week and now when she is not feeling well I use caution.:rotfl2:Andi enjoyed her food despite not feeling well. The Princesses were announced and were making there way around. We met Aurora, Snow White, Ariel, and Merida. Merida was the nicest and spent a little time with Andi, talking about her Birthday. The others were fine just very quick with not much to say.
64CE013E-B1A9-4809-BD75-B6777354805A.jpeg

Dessert was next, Andi chose the clock strikes 12 which is flourless chocolate cake with berry compote and anglaise sauce. This was very good. I had this before on another trip, loved it. Andi liked it. I decided to try the Cheesecake dessert, this was very good as well except the one Andi had was the better of the two in my opinion. The waiter also brought out a cupcake with a candle in it for Andi’s Birthday. This was dry and very run of the mill. Andi took one bite because of the waiter’s gesture.
C55D52DE-A35D-4905-BD28-9F311F47CE8C.jpeg 84589A5F-F4E7-4AC4-89F3-A13ABEC8FC7D.jpeg 1CFE2DBA-FD8A-4E94-8E8F-14215A0DD8B1.jpeg

We finished up and headed out to get our party wristbands...............

Cont. in next post, pictures with the Princesses and a very short MVMCP................

Here are the pictures I took during the dinner. There is not a photo pass photographer here so you take your own.
13AFB13B-B914-4F60-90E7-A3991B9C1E30.jpeg 6B29F403-3690-4440-81D4-67E2804E2D71.jpeg 23AA50A7-0D83-4EB8-A674-6DFCEC1BAD45.jpeg 6153D568-D79B-4FEA-B649-4B0B4E0981C3.jpeg
We wanted to walk through the area right of Town Square, this area had some photo opportunities for the party, we couldn’t get our bands here though and they wouldn’t let us walk through from in the park side, ugh! We went to the entrance and received our wrist bands and headed back in. It was cute going down the Christmas lane. We had a few pictures done and then we went towards the Big Top area. The line for the 7 dwarves was very long. I took a sneak picture of them. We got a peppermint cookie and a Santa sugar cookie. It was chilly, I had to give Andi my sweatshirt because she was freezing even with a sweater on.
EBB50819-31D4-41C2-B44E-A72AFA0D8113.jpeg
I had put my “ugly” Christmas sweater on so I wasn’t to cold. We decided to get in line for Pooh and Friends. It was about 6:30 and the line was already building. We met some nice people in line and spent the wait chatting with them. A mom and daughter duo like us, however the daughter was in the college program. She is a lifeguard at the Boardwalk, they were giving us some pointers for applying to the college program. This of course is Andi’s dream to do this. Andi wants to start applying for this as soon as she can. Andi is going to college in southern Minnesota majoring in Spanish and Education, so happy for her! I didn’t realize how hard it is to get in the college program and how random it is, wow! This lady said they think all her dd volunteering and lifeguard experience gave her an edge but not really sure!

Soon it was time to meet the Pooh gang. I enjoyed this meet so much. They were all wonderful and really trying to get all your attention from the others. Pooh would sneak over to the honey pot and try to get honey as well. Each one would act sad when you were hugging or talking to one of the other characters. It was so fun! We said goodbye to the mom and daughter and headed off........
710899C9-07E5-4DBD-A0F1-1D2E28AE7B45.jpeg 2DB3133F-B448-42E5-9006-EE054B8F070C.jpeg 6427BBD3-2076-4682-926B-D102E31AAA55.jpeg D973B6FE-7C52-4374-AE81-7B3D0DA02808.jpeg 4E4BE9FB-E0E0-4E94-953F-9255F985BDC4.jpeg

Cont. in the next post.............

View attachment 289329 View attachment 289327

Guess what! We had a nice little booth, no tiny, awkward table for us today! Our waitress was very nice and I enjoyed the atmosphere very much.
View attachment 289334 View attachment 289322 View attachment 289323

We decided to try several different items, we started with the pork egg roll and the spare ribs. Both of these were delicious. The egg rolls were very fresh tasting and fried perfectly. The spare ribs were so good. Fall off the bone with an awesome taste. A little sticky but in a good way. I would get both of these again. The next up was the shrimp tempura Sushi. This was just okay, which surprised me because I figured the sushi would be out of this world. The rice was mushy and the texture was off some. I have had much better.
View attachment 289324 View attachment 289328 View attachment 289325 View attachment 289326

View attachment 289333

Love your TR! :cloud9:

What camera did you use on this trip? Pictures are extraordinary!

Cont from last post......

Andi was starting to really feel like crap, she was so achy she couldn’t even really walk without it hurting so much.

She looked at me with her big blue eyes full of tears and said “mom, I have the plague and on my Birthday” I really felt terrible for her. I told her we could go so she could rest. She really was ill because this girl would never leave MK early, that I know!!

We did get a few more pictures and did PoTC. Andi was done at this time so we were leaving the party only 1 hour after it started. This was a real bummer and I know I could have stayed by myself and Andi wouldn’t have minded but I wanted to make sure she was okay and get her settled in bed.
A061B74C-62B2-4CE5-B5AD-6F7FE1BB8FE9.jpeg 45DC6808-7E5A-4275-8CD3-22B482F81DE3.jpeg 45BF8E82-7C11-48C1-AEC3-19CE033E3158.jpeg D96F611A-611B-4A53-8E7E-50F03F30462F.jpeg 32D7A631-7613-47B7-A51A-58CED94BF60C.jpeg 217507E4-D2F3-4FD2-BA10-11D9BB2B7A8C.jpeg

I would have loved to see the fireworks and the parade but it was not meant to be, oh well! My very short time at the party, I did think it was very crowded. It was probably because it was the Sunday after Thanksgiving. It was way busier than MNSSHP we did in August.

Back at the room, Andi was miserable, she was so achy and I do believe she had a fever. I got her tucked in bed with plenty of fluids and I settled in to watch a marathon of HP movies. During the HP movie, I packed and got organized for the next day. We would be leaving WDW around 2:00pm the next day.

Food totals for today
Pongu Pongu =$6.38 Night Blossom
Flame Tree =$14.13
Popcorn cart =$1.50
CRT dinner with tip =$160.00
Total=$182.00

Stay tuned for our last day and to check up on Andi’s condition.....

Last edited:
Poor Andi! I can only imagine how disappointed she was! I've had three winter trips where I've gotten sick while at Disney, and one was really terrible and kept me in the room for a couple of days. I feel Andi's pain, and then on top of it all the fact that it was her birthday! And the night of the party! So unfortunate! :(

I liked her princess pictures from CRT though! I especially like the one with Merida - that's pretty rare for her to be at CRT! I liked the food there too, but Nathan agreed about the portions being small. He walked away a bit hungry like you said your husband would have.

Aww poor Andi :( She still looks very happy in all the photos. How different to see Merida at CRT!

Adorable pics with the Pooh Gang! And I love the PP picture with the frame!

I'm so sorry you all had to cut the night short. I can't imagine how crappy she was feeling, really must have stunk to have her birthday end like that.

This is when Andi told me she wasn’t feeling good. She was very achy, sore throat, and the chills:sick: yikes!

Oh, no! Such a bummer!

I chose the steak and shrimp entree, this was very delicious but very small even for me. The steak was done as I ordered, medium rare, the shrimp were fine. This had a scallop like potato and asparagus. The sauce on the steak was very good. Disney sure salts everything wow! I enjoyed my entree very much, however, if my DH ordered this he would still be hungry.
5d70489c-1769-4267-a0be-8a14d2f6309f-jpeg.299781

Yikes…that is small! Definitely not a man-sized portion. Guess CRT os out for my trips with DH :sad2:

Here are the pictures I took during the dinner. There is not a photo pass photographer here so you take your own.
13afb13b-b914-4f60-90e7-a3991b9c1e30-jpeg.299800
6b29f403-3690-4440-81d4-67e2804e2d71-jpeg.299801
23aa50a7-0d83-4eb8-a674-6dfcec1bad45-jpeg.299802
6153d568-d79b-4fea-b649-4b0b4e0981c3-jpeg.299809

Adorable! She sure put on a good face, despite her not feeling well :-)

This of course is Andi’s dream to do this. Andi wants to start applying for this as soon as she can. Andi is going to college in southern Minnesota majoring in Spanish and Education, so happy for her! I didn’t realize how hard it is to get in the college program and how random it is, wow! This lady said they think all her dd volunteering and lifeguard experience gave her an edge but not really sure!

Good luck to ANdi! My DD wants to do this, as well!

Soon it was time to meet the Pooh gang. I enjoyed this meet so much. They were all wonderful and really trying to get all your attention from the others.

Those pictures are super cute :love:

We did get a few more pictures and did PoTC. Andi was done at this time so we were leaving the party only 1 hour after it started. This was a real bummer and I know I could have stayed by myself and Andi wouldn’t have minded but I wanted to make sure she was okay and get her settled in bed.

You wouldn't have been able to enjoy it without her. Super bummer, but it happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!