“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Costumes & Guidelines

Was wondering if anyone has pics they would share of them as the dwarfs? My group of 7 are going to a party in Aug and are going as the dwarfs. Since it’s august, I was thinking tank tops or T-shirt’s in the color and shorts. And instead of hats using bandanas either as headbands or over the head. Thoughts? Thanks.

Sounds a lot more comfortable!!! ::yes::

For sure! The more I thought about that robe and Florida heat, the more I was like "Let's figure something else out!!"

Now to decide if I do an Orange MB to coordinate with the top or a Blue one to represent the ocean...

Initially I was going Hermione Granger, but the more I thought about that robe in September Orlando weather... NOPE SANDWICH!!!

Weather aside, I was wondering about that. Can adults wear Harry Potter robes?

The guidelines say:
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground (e.g. full-length Princess dresses)
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.

My Ravenclaw robes reach the ground (possibly because I am short - if you are tall yours might not reach the ground).

Weather aside, I was wondering about that. Can adults wear Harry Potter robes?

The guidelines say:
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground (e.g. full-length Princess dresses)
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.

My Ravenclaw robes reach the ground (possibly because I am short - if you are tall yours might not reach the ground).

I've read of people doing it. Now whether they had the robes in their bags and put them on later or what I don't know.

Mine is long, but does not drag on the ground. You could always hem it to make it not drag. And it's a robe, not a cape, so...

Last year I saw many who wore robes and women in long gowns but none dragged on the ground. If you plan on wearing something long you really need to be mindful of it when getting on and off rides.

DH and I are going on an adults-only trip in September. We haven’t quite decided who we are going to be, but I found these cute outfits on Etsy:

10C079E5-9BE6-450B-998C-1370A118EB53.jpeg 9B8A4760-3043-44C5-83CC-259C27F61775.jpeg C6937C27-D58D-496C-A7D9-F609FFAAFE09.jpeg B437AB54-4348-403D-8D4A-029EF6FF13E5.jpeg

Last time (2009!) we were Mickey and Minnie.

DH wants to “think outside the box” and be the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy. Any ideas?

DH and I are going on an adults-only trip in September. We haven’t quite decided who we are going to be, but I found these cute outfits on Etsy:

View attachment 337421 View attachment 337422 View attachment 337423 View attachment 337424

Last time (2009!) we were Mickey and Minnie.

DH wants to “think outside the box” and be the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy. Any ideas?

Looks pretty well put together, I love it! Love those fluffy ears too! Do you remember the old Donald Duck hats, the beak was made out of plastic/rubber and when you pinched it you heard a quack sound? Yeah, I'm old! :oops:

EDIT: This is it> upload_2018-7-16_18-34-5.png
Also on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/573478...rch_query=donald duck hat&ref=sr_gallery-1-13

And don't forget to check your American Express Offers. I believe there is one for Etsy "Save $10 when you Spend $40" Don't quote me on that!

Last edited:
Last edited:
So my sister and I have our costumes set for MNSSHP on 8/28. We're doing tweedle dee and tweedle dum. We got yellow tank tops and red tutus and I found a "costume kit" at Spirit with bow ties and hats with spinners on them. Just waiting for the costume kit to come in and I'll share a photo!

I need help figuring out costumes for when DBF and I are going on 10/25. My friend and her fiance will be there also on their honeymoon and we want to coordinate costumes. Any suggestions for 2 adult couples?

So my sister and I have our costumes set for MNSSHP on 8/28. We're doing tweedle dee and tweedle dum. We got yellow tank tops and red tutus and I found a "costume kit" at Spirit with bow ties and hats with spinners on them. Just waiting for the costume kit to come in and I'll share a photo!

I need help figuring out costumes for when DBF and I are going on 10/25. My friend and her fiance will be there also on their honeymoon and we want to coordinate costumes. Any suggestions for 2 adult couples?

LOVE your first party costumes and cannot wait to see the photos, hopefully with both of you fully dressed.

Second party, the door is wide open. Prince with Princess or as one theme like Wreck it Ralph or Marvel/DC characters good vs. evil or all evil! I'd have a hard time choosing too! I'd ask the men folk what they would want to be that way they can get excited about dressing up.

LOVE your first party costumes and cannot wait to see the photos, hopefully with both of you fully dressed.

Second party, the door is wide open. Prince with Princess or as one theme like Wreck it Ralph or Marvel/DC characters good vs. evil or all evil! I'd have a hard time choosing too! I'd ask the men folk what they would want to be that way they can get excited about dressing up.

Ooh I love the good vs evil idea! I was so amazed the 2 men are the ones who first suggested we all coordinate costumes :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I know it’s not original but if I wanted family matching outfits my husband would only do Incredibles shirts. The good thing is that the shopdisney.com had a 25% off sale so I got all 4 of my families shirts for the price of 3. Gotta love a good sale!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!