“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Costumes & Guidelines

DH and I put Vanellope and Ralph on our short list of possibilities too. Vanellope seems easy enough, but DH is concerned because he doesn't have enough hair to spike it like Ralph.

I would not be worried, OMG - NO WAY!!!! My DH has cancer and last year he was the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland :rotfl: :rotfl2:And YES! He pulled it off :laughing:

Hooray!!!
I'm so happy I could spit!
:rotfl:

Yes that's gross but I'll be picking up my sewing machine tomorrow!!! You guys its my baby! Men have their cars you know I'm sure you get it. My sewing machine is my baby and I get her back tomorrow. :cool: hehehe can't wait!

Hooray!!!
I'm so happy I could spit!
:rotfl:

Yes that's gross but I'll be picking up my sewing machine tomorrow!!! You guys its my baby! Men have their cars you know I'm sure you get it. My sewing machine is my baby and I get her back tomorrow. :cool: hehehe can't wait!
I understand. I have a Bernina and while I haven't gotten to use it much lately, I like having it available when I need it

What does everyone think about a Greatest Showman costume theme for DH and I? I was thinking he could be ringmaster and I could be Zendaya's character or the bearded lady lol. Our other ideas are Pain & Panic from Hercules or Louise and Gene from Bob's Burgers.
I've done Louise from Bob's Burgers (sewed the dress and knit the ears) and it's such a fun and easily recognizable costume! I really love wearing it.

Adding our details to the list;

Date attending - 11th October
Party - DH, DD (8) and myself (mum)
Costumes - Tigger, Pooh and Piglet
No ADR at the park that day but will probably grab a bite to eat at one of the QS

Definitely watching
Hocus Pocus show
Parade
Fireworks
And will probably line up for Pooh and Friends for photo op.

(Hope that’s right!)

I've done Louise from Bob's Burgers (sewed the dress and knit the ears) and it's such a fun and easily recognizable costume! I really love wearing it.

Please post a picture! I would love to see your handiwork!

Please post a picture! I would love to see your handiwork!
I actually don't even know that I have a picture! It's a pretty simple t-shirt dress though, and I wore it with grey Tom's shoes and pigtails.

If I can track down a picture I will definitely post one!

I actually don't even know that I have a picture! It's a pretty simple t-shirt dress though, and I wore it with grey Tom's shoes and pigtails.

If I can track down a picture I will definitely post one!

It sounds perfect to wear during the hot & humid months in FL. I'd really love to see the "knit ears" - this sounds absolutely brilliant!

Last year I was Queen of Hearts from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. I really wanted to wear a hat and in the final days prior to our trip I attempted to make it from scrap fabric but I ran out of time. While at Hollywood Studios I found this Ear Hat...
upload_2018-4-13_18-6-10.png

And changed things around...
upload_2018-4-13_18-7-0.png

Y'all see what I did there? :rotfl:Which begs the question, why doesn't Disney make Fascinator Hats? Not everyone wants to wear Ear Hats. To be honest I don't even own one... well, I own half of one. :rotfl2:

I had no idea what to wear for this year's party. I was kinda lost because it'll be my first September party and I know it can get pretty hot even at night.

Then I got an email from my favorite on-line store and a jumpsuit caught my eye. I opened the link and BAM, I saw it! A black and white stripped cropped jumpsuit, not too tight nor loose, perfect for a Jack Skellington disneybound!

I immediately went after the rest of the outfit. A white hat, which will help with the heat, a black necklace to use instead of a tie. Then I remembered my black Vans and I was pretty much done with the outfit. Both the hat and the necklace are coming from China and they cost me no more than $8.00 with shipping! The jumper is already in my closet, it arrived on Wednesday and it's just a pretty as the picture!

So this is the story of my MNSHHP outfit! I'm pretty happy with it and I can't wait to meet Jack and Sally using it.
C84EBB76-C98A-4474-97F1-C00CF104A0B8.jpeg

Last edited:
I had no idea what to wear for this year's party. I was kinda lost because it'll be my first September party and I know it can get pretty hot even at night.

Then I got an email from my favorite on-line store and a jumpsuit caught my eye. I opened the link and BAM, I saw it! A black and white stripped cropped jumpsuit, not too tight nor loose, perfect for a Jack Skellington disneybound!

I immediately went after the rest of the outfit. A white hat, which will help with the heat, a black necklace to use instead of a tie. Then I remembered my black Vans and I was pretty much done with the outfit. Both the hat and the necklace are coming from China and they cost me no more than $8.00 with shipping! The jumper is already in my closet, it arrived on Wednesday and it's just a pretty as the picture!

So this is the story of my MNSHHP outfit! I'm pretty happy with it and I can't wait to meet Jack and Sally using it.

You are going to look fabulous in this outfit! I love it!

Last edited:
You are going to look fabulous in this outfit! I love it!
Thank you! I've done a few disneybounds in the past but I get a little it apprehensive about it. Specially being plus sized, most people who disneybound are in shape and they always look so good!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!