“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 1/1, It’s a wrap!!

Happy New Year! Glad we will both will be kicking off our year with Disney trips!!

Sounds like a great final morning in MK doing a bunch of rides and seeing Mickey one last time!

Love the breakfast at Crystal Palace!

That's awesome that you didn't end up having to pay for a Lyft/Uber!

Sounds like another great trip with Andi :) Glad to hear you will be going back this August!

I still have no idea what I am going to pack for my trip. Waiting until it gets a little closer to see what weather might be like- hopefully not too cold!

Love the ears, especially those purple ones!!

What a great TR Caroline!!! I love the last few pics of you and Andi. I can't wait to hear all about January's trip!!! You lucky goose you!!!:D
Thank you Jenny, I think I look really tired and old in these last day pictures so very nice of you! I am getting very excited for the new trip, it has been 5 months! Haha!

Glad you had a great trip that was under budget! Not long until your next one!
Thank you! I am not sure if the really hot days curbed our appetite but we did not spend a whole bunch on food!
I’m getting excited to walk on real ground, not snow, this is a big plus for me, probably foreign to you as a Floridian!

Enjoyed the report. I don’t comment often but I will be there the same time you are and I even think we are doing DAH the same day!
Yay! Thank you for reading and commenting! We will be at the 1/28 DAH, is that the one you are attending? If so send me a message on here that day and we can maybe say hi if you would like otherwise we may cross paths! Have an awesome trip!! I hope the weather is nice!

I am not sure yet when we are going to go in August. But if it ends up towards the end maybe we can meet up.
Let me advocate for later August, less crowded, :yay: yes maybe we will get to say hi!

Love the Purple Ears!!!
Thank you, I love purple and the accents on my spirit jersey are purple too!

Always love your reports.
Thank you so much, glad to have you reading and commenting!

You look nothing like Baby Jane!!! :eek: I didn’t notice and had to go back and look......you always look lovely!

I love your last day, you manage to fit in a lot and yes it’s always sad to leave...... goodness Merida is tall!!! I always imagined her quite short for some reason! And the food does look lovely......

This has been a fabulous read, I’ve loved seeing all your pictures and reading about your time with Andi on your trip, always a joy to see.

And this Darksider loves your purple Mickey ears!!! Anything purple for me too......lol.......

Beautiful snow picture.......we’ve had the mildest festive season for years over here......I’m sure we’ll pay for it soon, but we never, ever get it anywhere near as bad as where you are from!! We come to a standstill for a few inches!!

Thank you for the lovely report and look forward to your next one.........::yes::
Ahh Thank you Carole, so nice to read your comments, I enjoy them!
I love purple, it is my favorite color! I have a purple IPad case, phone case, stethoscope etc..... I had to have purple ears!
The snow is pretty for like 5 minutes lol!
I am so looking forward to the warm Florida weather, I hope it doesn’t disappoint in the weather department!
Now I can read your report until I head off on vacation!

Happy New Year! Glad we will both will be kicking off our year with Disney trips!!

Sounds like a great final morning in MK doing a bunch of rides and seeing Mickey one last time!

Love the breakfast at Crystal Palace!

That's awesome that you didn't end up having to pay for a Lyft/Uber!

Sounds like another great trip with Andi :) Glad to hear you will be going back this August!

I still have no idea what I am going to pack for my trip. Waiting until it gets a little closer to see what weather might be like- hopefully not too cold!

Love the ears, especially those purple ones!!
Thank you and yes it is fun to start a New Year with some Disney in the future
The last day is always bittersweet, still nice to have about 4 hours in the park!
We have lucked out the last two times with DME! We have done uber once and it was fine and not to bad!
I am not sure what to pack either, it is not like August where you only need tank tops!

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Starbucks has filtered water in big cups, this is a better option than the weird tasting QS water. The wait is a little longer but I think it is worth it.

That's a good size, I don't mind the CS water all that much (and it definitely beats paying for it!), but I wish the servings were bigger.

We hadn’t done the picture with the pumpkins on Main Street yet and the line was short so we did this before moving on. I need to disclose something, I bought a new eyebrow pencil at Sephora in DS and I do believe I was a little heavy handed with it:rotfl:Looking at the pictures, wow holy eyebrows Caroline!
img_dec302018at90011am-jpg.372276

Nobody would notice anything if you didn't point it out, and you still look beautiful :-)

Our breakfast was up next at Crystal Palace! This is our 3rd breakfast here and is one of my favorites.

That looks good! We haven't been there since 2010 or 2013, but I think when we go in 2020 with my little niece we will have to go again.

One last picture on Main Street!
img_dec302018at90400am-jpg.372294

Beautiful, but so sad :sad1:

We got pounded with 15” of snow and we got another 6” this Monday!

Yikes! Every day that we skate by without snow I think of as a gift…I'm so dreading it :sad2:

Andi is still home and I am enjoying her company. We plan to go and see Mary Poppins later this week. I have heard good reviews!

Nice! Allie and I saw it the other day and we really enjoyed it :-)

January trip! This trip is only 22 days away according to my count down calendar, yay!

Awesome!

I am not sure about weather, I will bring layering pieces in case it is cold at times. I have only bought 1 new shirt, a spirit jersey. It was on sale and I liked the colors. I bought 2 new ears. One because I love purple and the other for AKL and AK. That is it for new items. I do have many Disney themed clothes so I should be fine.
img_jan12019at22849pm-jpg.372800

img_jan12019at22722pm-jpg.372801

We leave our town at 6:20am and have a stop in Chicago. We should be at AKL by 2pm if all goes well! I have requested a partial savanna view so wish me luck! My category is standard.

Cute! I love how your font matches your ears perfectly (although it turned black in my quote)!

Andi is still home and I am enjoying her company. We plan to go and see Mary Poppins later this week. I have heard good reviews!
So nice to still have Andi home! I take Jack back on Sunday and I will miss him after having him home for three weeks!

* Food was really good this trip and we did really well with our budget, so good I had over $400.00 left for the next trip.
You did so well!

* Attractions: TSL and riding all 3 rides in there, watching the American Adventure, and watching the Guardians of the Galaxy show (most of it)
I watched American Adventure for the first time this summer too!

I think that wraps up the trip. Andi and I really enjoy August and our planning to go again this year. The dates I have planned at this time are 8/17-8/26/19. I think we may try the Contemporary Resort for the ease of walking. I will try to get a “magical deal”, I hope I get one, sure miss my TA:sad1:
The Contemporary would be awesome! I had been keeping an eye out for magical deals myself and they are supposed to drop January 7th. Fingers crossed for you!

I am not sure about weather, I will bring layering pieces in case it is cold at times. I have only bought 1 new shirt, a spirit jersey. It was on sale and I liked the colors. I bought 2 new ears. One because I love purple and the other for AKL and AK. That is it for new items. I do have many Disney themed clothes so I should be fine.
I love your Spirit Jersey!

I have requested a partial savanna view so wish me luck! My category is standard.
Ask for Zebra or Kudu trail. Definitely the best chance for partial savannah view there. Giraffe or Ostrich will most likely give you a parking lot view as standard.

Can't wait to hear all about the latest adventures!

Yay! Thank you for reading and commenting! We will be at the 1/28 DAH, is that the one you are attending? If so send me a message on here that day and we can maybe say hi if you would like otherwise we may cross paths! Have an awesome trip!! I hope the weather is nice!
Yep that’s the DAH my husband and I are attending! We love going in January but the weather is so unpredictable so we have to pack for four seasons! I will have to try and remember to message you. I check the dis multiple times a day leading up to a trip then I pretty much ignore it on the trip. If I see you I will definitely say hi. I’m Gina, by the way. :wave:

Our first attraction was to meet Mickey in Town Square. We like to say hello and goodbye to Mickey on our last day.
I like this idea. It's good to have a first day-last day tradition.

Our breakfast was up next at Crystal Palace! This is our 3rd breakfast here and is one of my favorites.
I've only eaten lunch at Crystal Palace, but I enjoyed it. It looks like a good breakfast too. Maybe something I should try in the future.

Thanks for the report. I enjoyed getting to know you!

Great report and I liked the wrap up.

We really enjoyed our breakfast at Crystal Palace last trip and it's my 6yo dd's choice for next trip. Somehow I missed the chocolate croissants. But I did hit up the Pooh's puffed french toast more than once. So good! I need to go back and read some of the food reviews because I want to try some new things this August. We normally do a lot of character meals but I'm going to limit them more this trip to cut back on meal costs. The character meals are so much and my kids don't usually eat much. Well my daughter barely eats. My son does well at breakfast. Right now we are having the dreaded meal plan vs no meal plan conversation with the painful meal cost calculations to figure out which way we should go. You guys did great this trip with your meal costs. I feel like we always spend more than I budget for.

Enjoyed your trip report very much and didn't get much work done today :) Loved every second of your amazing time with your daughter. 37 days for my 2 daughters and me :)

That's a good size, I don't mind the CS water all that much (and it definitely beats paying for it!), but I wish the servings were bigger.
The Starbucks water is bigger and easier to carry around, not sure if true now if straw and lid are gone!

Nobody would notice anything if you didn't point it out, and you still look beautiful :-)
Thank you, very nice of you, I see a tired lady with to much eyebrow, lol!

That looks good! We haven't been there since 2010 or 2013, but I think when we go in 2020 with my little niece we will have to go again.
This has been a winner for us, Andi doesn’t eat enough to make it worth it but still fun!

Beautiful, but so sad
Thank you, we always try to get a Mainstreet picture before we leave!

Yikes! Every day that we skate by without snow I think of as a gift…I'm so dreading it
You are lucky, I hope it doesn’t snow for you anytime soon!

Nice! Allie and I saw it the other day and we really enjoyed it :-)
We still haven’t gone yet to Mary Poppins, hoping to soon!

Cute! I love how your font matches your ears perfectly (although it turned black in my quote)!
Ha I didn’t even realize it, I love purple

So nice to still have Andi home! I take Jack back on Sunday and I will miss him after having him home for three weeks!
It was so nice to see my Jack, I was off of work the whole time he was home! Andi has an extra long break so she is home until the end of January

You did so well!
I think the heat curbed our appetites, more money for the next trip!

I watched American Adventure for the first time this summer too!
I enjoyed it, although long....

The Contemporary would be awesome! I had been keeping an eye out for magical deals myself and they are supposed to drop January 7th. Fingers crossed for you!
I just got quotes and no Contemporary this year, bummer and the prices have literally jumped 100-200 more a night, so I am disappointed! The TA told me it is because of the new attractions coming, however none will be open in August, so a lame excuse. I may rent points for a studio at BLT, it is cheaper.

I love your Spirit Jersey!
Thank you, I really liked the colors

Ask for Zebra or Kudu trail. Definitely the best chance for partial savannah view there. Giraffe or Ostrich will most likely give you a parking lot view as standard.

Can't wait to hear all about the latest adventures!
Thank you, I did request a room on Zebra Trail, hope I get it or close to it!

I like this idea. It's good to have a first day-last day tradition.
Thanks, we have done this for several trips now!

I've only eaten lunch at Crystal Palace, but I enjoyed it. It looks like a good breakfast too. Maybe something I should try in the future.

Thanks for the report. I enjoyed getting to know you!
CP breakfast is very good for buffet style, I recommend it.
Glad you found my report and joined in, nice to meet people on the dis!

Happy New Year!!! :)

Yay for going back so soon after wrapping up this TR! You can wave to me from the airport when you stop in Chicago on your way! :)

You are so welcome, have a wonderful 2019 and maybe we will meet this year, you never know!
I sure hope so!

who doesn’t want to say hi to Piglet and friends!
Exactly!

Our Trip is coming up soon, 23 days away!
Woohoo! You're getting so close :hyper:

* Food was really good this trip and we did really well with our budget, so good I had over $400.00 left for the next trip.
Wow! That's amazing. Do you apply your "extra" money to your next trip?

The dates I have planned at this time are 8/17-8/26/19.
Noted! ;) I love those times... the crowds are typically really light :thumbsup2

Super cute!!! :goodvibes

Yep that’s the DAH my husband and I are attending! We love going in January but the weather is so unpredictable so we have to pack for four seasons! I will have to try and remember to message you. I check the dis multiple times a day leading up to a trip then I pretty much ignore it on the trip. If I see you I will definitely say hi. I’m Gina, by the way. :wave:
Hi Gina! Is this your first DAH? If so you will love it. Let’s hope the weather cooperates for it. If it works out to say hi that would be great! I will keep my eyes peeled haha!

Great report and I liked the wrap up.

We really enjoyed our breakfast at Crystal Palace last trip and it's my 6yo dd's choice for next trip. Somehow I missed the chocolate croissants. But I did hit up the Pooh's puffed french toast more than once. So good! I need to go back and read some of the food reviews because I want to try some new things this August. We normally do a lot of character meals but I'm going to limit them more this trip to cut back on meal costs. The character meals are so much and my kids don't usually eat much. Well my daughter barely eats. My son does well at breakfast. Right now we are having the dreaded meal plan vs no meal plan conversation with the painful meal cost calculations to figure out which way we should go. You guys did great this trip with your meal costs. I feel like we always spend more than I budget for.
Thank you so much! The chocolate croissants are very yummy at CP! Andi hardly ate anything at this breakfast, ugh! She probably ate $4.00 worth not $45.00! I have been following the August thread and see your comments, I am so upset that the deal I usually get in August has literally almost doubled in cost, yikes! It will be over $1000.00 more this year than last year! I don’t know what to do! I might rent points for BLT, it would be cheaper. We love to stay at a monorail resort in August. This has been our way to enjoy these resorts at a reasonable cost, so hard to swallow the new prices. The DDP just doesn’t work for us though I do like paying gradually and if I rent I have to pay all up front! So, I am still pondering! We always doing well on our dining budget for the most part so that is a plus!
Keep me updated on your August decisions!

Enjoyed your trip report very much and didn't get much work done today :) Loved every second of your amazing time with your daughter. 37 days for my 2 daughters and me :)
Thank you so much for reading and saying Hi! Yay for a trip in your near future with your daughters! Andi and I have made so many fond memories from our Disney trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts