“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 1/1, It’s a wrap!!

Thanks. That's good to know about late August not having to get the EP. We keep going back and forth about Universal. It's so hard leaving the Disney bubble.
I agree, we have been to USO several times at off peak times and no need for EP and I also agree, very hard to leave the Disney bubble! I’m afraid to pop mine as you know from the title lol!!

Why are we still so full and so tired??.....................

Day 8, Part 2

When I left off, Andi and I had returned to GF. We had a lazy afternoon, watching Cars and dozing off in the room. We, slowly, got up and ready for MK. We had FP+ this evening for Splash, Big Thunder, and Peter Pan. I did feel like I had lead in my shoes and a bowling ball in my stomach :guilty:

We took the monorail over to MK tonight and arrived around 6:30pm and headed straight to Starbucks for a pick me up. I got the Strawberry Açaí Refresher and Andi went with a new pineapple black tea. Both were really good and helped lighten our step some. Starbucks was super busy, of course, so it did take some time! We did notice it was busy in the park this evening. It was Saturday and non party night, this made sense.
IMG_Dec152018at73127AM.jpg IMG_Dec152018at73109AM.jpg
Our first FP was Big Thunder, the wait time was 50 minutes for Standby, glad we had the FP. We had finished our drinks and jumped “on” line as @chunkymonkey says! I just want to say and all you “veteran park guests, know this, it is so entertaining being in line! Some of the things you hear people talking about, hilarious! Sometimes I wonder if some people do any research before heading to Disney! The people in front of us were discussing “the Yeti” they will encounter on this ride, what??
I am a shy person by nature and I do not usually jump in other peoples conversations but this was just to much:hyper2: I very nicely told them the Yeti doesn’t live on Big Thunder Mountain, he is in Asia on Everest! They just looked at me like I had 3 heads:idea: Andi is a little sarcastic at times, thank goodness! It does make our trips more fun! She looked at me, after this interaction, and said “mom, some people and experiences this trip our just popping your Disney bubble aren’t they” I thought about this and it was so very true for many reasons! It was our go to phrase for the rest of our days when something was just not up to “my Disney standards”. I also thought more about this and it also encompassed the whole last trip with Andi before she went off to college, so yes I was holding on to my bubble for dear life and hoping it never popped!!
upload_2018-12-15_7-47-32.gif
Despite the clueless people in front of us, we had a wonderful ride on Big Thunder, seeing the mountain sheep, not the Yeti!! I hope the clueless people weren’t to disappointed, not really haha!
upload_2018-12-15_7-42-54.gif
Next up was Splash, the standby line was 75 minutes! Our FP was very welcome! We had the back row and enjoyed our trip through the Briar patch very much! Our picture is a bust because of the people in front of us, curse those people for having fun:rolleyes2 Just kidding!
IMG_Dec152018at73202AM.jpg IMG_Dec152018at72913AM.jpg
Andi was not feeling the best after Splash, she had a headache. I think the heat and long days were getting to my sarcastic little girl!:crazy2: She decided to call it a night and head back to GF to rest up!

I had been texting with Sam, she is @MinnieWebster on the boards, she was in the park with her husband. They were finishing up dinner at CHH, I headed that way to meet up with them. I found them in the sea of people by CHH. We had a nice visit! They were just starting their trip, having arrived the day before and we were getting toward the end of ours! It was very nice visiting with them and of course her husband did snap a picture of us! They were hoping to snatch up a 4th FP for something good, however the park was quite busy. We said goodbye! Sam, I enjoyed meeting you two!
IMG_Dec152018at73224AM.jpg
I had one more FP and it is my all time favorite dark ride so I wasn’t skipping that. I headed to PPF and was on fairly quickly with my FP. I enjoyed this ride as usual!
IMG_Dec152018at73247AM.jpg
I was hot and tired at this time and decided to head out of the park. Oh my goodness, this was a critical error on the part of a Disney veteran! Andi would have teased me for sure! It was almost time for HEA and it was an actual nightmare to get out of the park. I literally thought I was going to get swallowed up by the people around me! I felt panicked several times, yuck!! I did make it out and got a picture to show I was still in one piece!
IMG_Dec152018at74913AM.jpg
I got on the monorail and headed to GF. The monorail has to make 3 stops before GF on the way back so a little longer than the boat ride. While I was on the monorail I got a message from Melinda @pepperandchips here on th boards. She was in Tomorrow Land and hoping we could meet up, I was so bummed I had left the park and literally fought for my life to get out:rolleyes1. I would have loved to meet her! I just didn’t have it in me to go back at that time. I really thought about just staying on the monorail for the full loop but I was just pulling in to GF and decided to call it a night! Melinda I would have loved to meet you and I am so happy I will get the chance in May!!

I got back to the room around 10pm and as I was walking up the outside stairs, I noticed 3 CM’s in the bushes trying to wrangle a critter. I got a glimpse of the critter and I think it may have been an armadillo maybe?? I hope it was something cute and not scary, lol!
upload_2018-12-15_7-40-18.gif

Andi was feeling a little better and just vegging out watching Disney movies. We called it a night and Day 8 was now in the books! Tomorrow would be our last full day:sad: Stay tuned for PhotoPass Day! Coming soon................

We did not eat anything else for the day after our big brunch, we are cheap dates, haha!
Food totals
Trail End=$57.93 another cheap day for food!

upload_2018-12-15_7-40-18-gif.369980

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I don't know why but this picture cracked me up!!! I want it as my wallpaper, LOL!!!

I'm sorry Andi wasn't feeling awesome and had to call it an early night.

Ugh, I've been caught up in the crush of humanity before HEA, too - yuck!

The people in front of us were discussing “the Yeti” they will encounter on this ride, what??
:faint: It really is hysterical the things you hear in line, isn't it?! Since I most often travel solo, I'm not usually having a conservation in line so I am undistracted to hear a lot of... that kind of thing :rotfl: Sometimes I'll pipe in and offer some guidance, and other times I'll just enjoy the commentary :laughing:

I had been texting with Sam, she is @MinnieWebster on the boards
Nice! I love Dismeets! Too bad the potential one with Melinda didn't work out... but you still have May ;)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I don't know why but this picture cracked me up!!! I want it as my wallpaper, LOL!!!

I'm sorry Andi wasn't feeling awesome and had to call it an early night.

Ugh, I've been caught up in the crush of humanity before HEA, too - yuck!
:blush: I agree the picture cracks me up, I would think armadillo’s at Disney would be dressed up!
I think the heat was getting to her this day! She was fine after lots of water and rest
The sea of people is scary at times, especially when the paths are blocked! Not fun, if I would have been thinking I should have went deep into Tomorrow Land and then I would have been able to meet Melinda! Oh well!

:faint: It really is hysterical the things you hear in line, isn't it?! Since I most often travel solo, I'm not usually having a conservation in line so I am undistracted to hear a lot of... that kind of thing :rotfl: Sometimes I'll pipe in and offer some guidance, and other times I'll just enjoy the commentary :laughing:

Nice! I love Dismeets! Too bad the potential one with Melinda didn't work out... but you still have May ;)
People crack me up at Disney, some are very clueless and others genuinely don’t know and welcome the advice!
It was nice to meet Sam, and if all goes as planned I will meet quite a few more disers in May! I wish you were coming, I know school graduation is more important! Are you thinking of an August trip? If so we will be there 8/17 to 8/26!

I think I`m all caught up now!!!

TE buffet looked so good.…..and I swear Andi gets prettier in every picture.....she has the most lovely smile.....and genuinely looks like a lovely girl...…

And what a tour with the horses!! They are so beautiful and majestic, that would be something to see.....I did laugh at the horse doing it`s business......when you`ve got to go!!!! I can imagine them being so loved and well cared for.

Again, sorry Andi wasn't well for a while......but glad she perked up....the heat this year and crowds I imagine all added up to make the perfect storm for a few folks this year...……

Yes, other people`s comments are too bad to ignore sometimes......like you I wonder if some people do no research whatsoever before visiting...….we have been asked some incredible questions in Universal......yes, I`ll stick to incredible....that's a nicer word than what I really thought a few times......lol.....

As always loving your pictures....you show Disney off so well!!!

It's always funny overhearing people who have the wrong information! I liked hearing where the TR title came from :)

Glad you made it out of the park in one piece!!

Sometimes I wonder if some people do any research before heading to Disney! The people in front of us were discussing “the Yeti” they will encounter on this ride, what??
Oh, people. It really is incredible to think how little prep some people must do ... especially considering the insane amount of research and prep we still do as "veterans." LOL

That's a great story of how your TR title came to be!

I noticed 3 CM’s in the bushes trying to wrangle a critter. I got a glimpse of the critter and I think it may have been an armadillo maybe??
Yikes!! I hope it was an armadillo and not anything with more teeth!!

It was nice to meet Sam, and if all goes as planned I will meet quite a few more disers in May! I wish you were coming, I know school graduation is more important!
Awww, thank you! :goodvibes I really wish I was coming along, too. Maybe this epic trip will have future installments and I can jump on one of those :laughing: ;)

Are you thinking of an August trip? If so we will be there 8/17 to 8/26!
Hmmm, good question. I haven't nailed down a plan yet, but I LOVE August! It's hot, but I've found the crowd levels to be generally quite good that time of year, so... :rolleyes1 I'll keep you posted! :thumbsup2

Hello Everyone!

Before I respond to replies, I wanted to post about my “almost disastrous” day!

I have been buying Disney gift cards from BJ’s Wholesale club. We don’t have one in our area so I order online. I have found some great deals, I have found up to 7-8% off the cards depending on the denominations. I had one more pack of $450.00 worth of cards coming in the mail.

I was going through my emails on Sunday and saw the notification of shipment so I clicked on the tracking and noticed the cards had been delivered on 12/10. :eek: I had absolutely no recollection of seeing the package in the mailbox. I asked my husband if he had any mail in his car, he says no, why?? I tell him and he is like oh no! I go out to my car and look around to see if the envelope had fell under a seat but no luck! My heart is sinking, this is a lot of Disney money to lose.

My husband starts lecturing me about asking for a signature when getting that much money in the mail, probably true but I had already gotten $1050 in the mail and no problems! I start looking up the customer service number at BJ’s to call, I am sitting on hold and my husband comes in from outside with the package!!:jumping1: He found it in the garbage, I accidentally threw away 450.00 of Disney money:blush: He just gives me the look and tells me I owe him, haha! I was so relieved! What makes this even more important is our garbage is picked up Monday morning! If I wouldn’t have thought to check that email on Sunday, the gift cards would have been gone forever! So happy that didn’t happen. Lesson learned! The scary thing is I have no recollection of throwing that package out with the junk mail, yikes! Thank goodness I am on vacation now until next week!!

I want to thank everyone for reading and continuing to comment on my TR! Since I am on vacation I hope to finish up my report soon.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

I think I`m all caught up now!!!

TE buffet looked so good.…..and I swear Andi gets prettier in every picture.....she has the most lovely smile.....and genuinely looks like a lovely girl...…

And what a tour with the horses!! They are so beautiful and majestic, that would be something to see.....I did laugh at the horse doing it`s business......when you`ve got to go!!!! I can imagine them being so loved and well cared for.

Again, sorry Andi wasn't well for a while......but glad she perked up....the heat this year and crowds I imagine all added up to make the perfect storm for a few folks this year...……

Yes, other people`s comments are too bad to ignore sometimes......like you I wonder if some people do no research whatsoever before visiting...….we have been asked some incredible questions in Universal......yes, I`ll stick to incredible....that's a nicer word than what I really thought a few times......lol.....

As always loving your pictures....you show Disney off so well!!!
Thanks Carole, so nice!
The barn tour was fun and interesting to see more behind the scenes action!
TE’s buffet is really good, if you and Tom are back at Christmas time next year, take a drive over to Fort Wilderness and see all the awesome Christmas lights and try out the buffet. No need to step in a Disney park to do that! The campsites go all out decorating!
People really can be clueless about Disney and Universal, I heard one family yelling at a CM at MK because they came all this way and what does she mean Harry Potter World is not in the MK!!

It's always funny overhearing people who have the wrong information! I liked hearing where the TR title came from :)

Glad you made it out of the park in one piece!!
It sure is, have heard some really clueless things, lol!
Yes, my bubble was strained at times but it is still intact, yay!

Oh, people. It really is incredible to think how little prep some people must do ... especially considering the insane amount of research and prep we still do as "veterans." LOL

That's a great story of how your TR title came to be!
It is so true, I can’t believe some people! I learn something new every trip I plan and every trip I take!

Yikes!! I hope it was an armadillo and not anything with more teeth!!
It was a little creepy at night watching the CM’s try to wrangle something in the bush, scared, lol!

Awww, thank you! :goodvibes I really wish I was coming along, too. Maybe this epic trip will have future installments and I can jump on one of those :laughing: ;)
Yes, maybe it will turn into an annual trip!

Hmmm, good question. I haven't nailed down a plan yet, but I LOVE August! It's hot, but I've found the crowd levels to be generally quite good that time of year, so... :rolleyes1 I'll keep you posted! :thumbsup2
Think about it, we do love our August trips despite the heat, it is a good time to go!

I am sitting on hold and my husband comes in from outside with the package!!:jumping1: He found it in the garbage, I accidentally threw away 450.00 of Disney money:blush:
Oh, I was stressed just reading about that!!!!!! SO glad your husband came to the rescue before garbage pick up!!!! Phew!

I'm closing in on my Christmas Vacation, too! Thank goodness!! Keeping 30 Kindergartners in order this week has been less than fun!!!!

Our first FP was Big Thunder, the wait time was 50 minutes for Standby, glad we had the FP. We had finished our drinks and jumped “on” line as @chunkymonkey says! I just want to say and all you “veteran park guests, know this, it is so entertaining being in line! Some of the things you hear people talking about, hilarious! Sometimes I wonder if some people do any research before heading to Disney! The people in front of us were discussing “the Yeti” they will encounter on this ride, what??

Haha, my typos are becoming a thing apparently, LOL. I'll just develop my own language. We'll call it Chunkism. :rotfl:

Oh, I was stressed just reading about that!!!!!! SO glad your husband came to the rescue before garbage pick up!!!! Phew!

I'm closing in on my Christmas Vacation, too! Thank goodness!! Keeping 30 Kindergartners in order this week has been less than fun!!!!
I know!! I had a really sick feeling at that time! Thank goodness Joe isn’t afraid to dig through the garbage for me, lol!
Have an awesome vacation, you deserve it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter