“Refresh” is my new favorite strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only hitch that we have encountered is that on VERY busy days (10/10 crowds), sometimes the FP+ distribution ends (park-wide) earlier than I would have wanted. Sometimes by 7-8pm, all FP+ are gone for the day, even with 11pm closure.

Keep going back into MDE even after you get the notice that distribution is done for that park, particularly if it's early. As people drop FPs the park becomes available again.

Something must have been happening that day, because you absolutely can be in the same account at the same time. We were doing it last night. In fact, we regularly have all 5 of us in the account at the same time.

From reports I've read, I know it is possible for many people to use the MDE app in this way. I'm not sure why we can't, but it happened every day of our last two trips (Aug/Sept 2017 for 14 days and Aug/Sept 2016 for 14 days). If I am on the app in my MDE account and she logs in with my info on her phone, I get booted out. When I log back in, she gets booted out. It also happened at home in June when we tried to book FP from multiple devices.

I hope I won't have this problem, but I'd like to be able to work around it since it doesn't seem likely to me that it will resolve itself. Can anyone help with the directions for setting up an alternate account?

I thought I'd test something out - this does not work for dining reservations (I had a BOG for lunch that's later than I'd like. I tried 20+ times and nada.) Would be an nice perk if it did work on ADRs!

I thought I'd test something out - this does not work for dining reservations (I had a BOG for lunch that's later than I'd like. I tried 20+ times and nada.) Would be an nice perk if it did work on ADRs!
It does work for ADR's as well but they are far less fluid (there are far more FP's being moved around than ADR's) so it will likely take more time and/or checking back frequently. They also tend to not move around on the day of as much as most people will make the decision to change at least the night before in order to avoid the possible no-show charges.

Try the touring plans reservation finder (google it) if you want to find a hard to get ADR or change a time for one that you have. They do the searching for you and notify you if a time that you want becomes available. You have to be able to jump on it to make the reservations, but they've never failed to get me what I wanted.

It does work for ADR's as well but they are far less fluid (there are far more FP's being moved around than ADR's) so it will likely take more time and/or checking back frequently. They also tend to not move around on the day of as much as most people will make the decision to change at least the night before in order to avoid the possible no-show charges.

The one I was looking for was all the way in October so I figured it was a long shot. I'll still keep trying though.

The one I was looking for was all the way in October so I figured it was a long shot. I'll still keep trying though.

The touring plans reservation finder mentioned above by Jaysmom works very well. You don’t need to pay for a subscription, but I believe you do need to sign up for a free account with touringplans.

I know that I usually say that it's not really worth refreshing for FP's weeks in advance but I've been curious as to whether or not I could get opening day FP's in TSL. I've checked a bit randomly and so far had only seen evening FP's for TSM but I'm bored at the office this morning so thought I'd refresh a bit. It only took a few minutes and found this....almost makes me want to make a 'quick' trip down from Canada for opening day.

Screenshot_20180619-093756_Disney World.jpg

How far out do you guys start refreshing? Is there any use in refreshing 30, 29, etc days out? Do openings appear that far out, or do they only refresh openings once per day?

How far out do you guys start refreshing? Is there any use in refreshing 30, 29, etc days out? Do openings appear that far out, or do they only refresh openings once per day?

Normally I say night before and day of....anything other than that and the odds are much lower. As I just posted above though, anything can happen. If you've got a few minutes just check at random times....just don't expect a lot of movement the further out you get from the day.

I know that I usually say that it's not really worth refreshing for FP's weeks in advance but I've been curious as to whether or not I could get opening day FP's in TSL. I've checked a bit randomly and so far had only seen evening FP's for TSM but I'm bored at the office this morning so thought I'd refresh a bit. It only took a few minutes and found this....almost makes me want to make a 'quick' trip down from Canada for opening day.

View attachment 330892
Wow! That's amazing!

Refreshing is your friend!! Within a minute or two I’ve gotten everything I’ve looked for. I got NRJ for 7pm while sitting at lunch yesterday. Took about 4 refreshes. It had originally said gone for the day. I’ve modified almost every FP+ we had and maximized our time with just a couple of refreshes. Easy peasy and I am not staring at my phone by any means.

You may have some good luck on the days and just following the 60 day and 30 day FP+ window. People often change their dining plans based on what FP+ they were able to get.

You may have some good luck on the days and just following the 60 day and 30 day FP+ window. People often change their dining plans based on what FP+ they were able to get.
Very good point! I have the alerts set up from mouse dining and TP as well so I feel pretty confident I can get what I want

I still think the vast majority of guests at the park still don't use their app to re-assign fast passes anyway while at the park.

I still think the vast majority of guests at the park still don't use their app to re-assign fast passes anyway while at the park.
Correct. The proportion of fastpasses to people refreshing is quite large. Even if, let's say, 1000 people in the parks use this method, Magic Kingdom has a capacity of 65k (before phased closures) and rides like SDMT have a theoretical fastpass allotment of around 15k per day (Pirates is 28k per day!)

Yes it works well but it also takes way to much time. There were times I would be staring at my phone the whole time, while walking, while waiting. It took away from my experience staring at that screen hoping to get something.. I did that 60 days before fast pass. I am not going to do it again when I get to the park.

In the end I need it to be a vacation also and not a equation I need to solve and stare at for long periods of time

This. I did get a flight of passage fast pass out of it, but i was staring at my screen the whole entire time during the Finding Nemo show. So I basically didn't get to enjoy the show with my family, but I did get to go on flight of passage and would not have been able to otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!