“Refresh” is my new favorite strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.
From reports I've read, I know it is possible for many people to use the MDE app in this way. I'm not sure why we can't, but it happened every day of our last two trips (Aug/Sept 2017 for 14 days and Aug/Sept 2016 for 14 days). If I am on the app in my MDE account and she logs in with my info on her phone, I get booted out. When I log back in, she gets booted out. It also happened at home in June when we tried to book FP from multiple devices.

I hope I won't have this problem, but I'd like to be able to work around it since it doesn't seem likely to me that it will resolve itself. Can anyone help with the directions for setting up an alternate account?

Can she log into her own account? If you “control” her right now it’s easy to spin her off by inviting her via email. Then - as long as you’re both friends with the party - you can both search without being logged into the same account.

We’ve had ups and downs. Kids wanted to do FOP again wo FastPass.... so grudgingly I am in a 90 minute line! But last night snagged Soarin and Frozen FastPasses after 8 pm. We are here 9 days so we are more relaxed. Refresh does find FastPasses even when “ no more “ FastPasses shows up. Especially for later at night.

Either people are catching onto this more or the update last week slow the FPs entering system. We managed to get some for each day refreshing but it was by far the most difficult of any trip we have been on lately. Even breaking down into groups of two it took an hour plus of constant refreshing to get BTMR on Wed. And Epcot had real struggle getting Soarin on Tues. Normally those two pretty easy to find.

Either people are catching onto this more or the update last week slow the FPs entering system. We managed to get some for each day refreshing but it was by far the most difficult of any trip we have been on lately. Even breaking down into groups of two it took an hour plus of constant refreshing to get BTMR on Wed. And Epcot had real struggle getting Soarin on Tues. Normally those two pretty easy to find.
Was standby more than an hour? ;)

There were reports of the FP system being messed up a few days ago so maybe that was the problem.

An hour for BTMR is rough.

I've seen a few complaints about refreshing not working recently but whenever I see that I go do some looking and seem to have the usual luck. Just now I looked across all 4 parks trying to stay within 1 hour for most rides but allowing 2 hours for some of the hardest to get rides....Soarin' did give me a bit more trouble than normal and Splash did as well (normally it is very easy) but I was able to get all of the top rides. The only exception was that 7DMT gave me some headaches and I settled for 2.5 hours. I'd post screenshots but @PrincessWithABlaster might shoot me with her blaster so I'll refrain.

Last edited:
If an attraction/ride shows that all fastpasses are totally gone for the day, (Mine train, FoP, maybe Toy Story), will refreshing work on those popping up if somebody cancels a FP?

If an attraction/ride shows that all fastpasses are totally gone for the day, (Mine train, FoP, maybe Toy Story), will refreshing work on those popping up if somebody cancels a FP?
Yes it can.

That's actually how I got Rivers of Light back in September.

I think it's more likely it's people canceling/modifying their FPs either to a different time or different attraction but it is also possible for Disney to release more FPs (don't know how common that is). I know right before Irma hit Disney had released more FOP FPs.

Using this method, would it be better to FP/RD FEA first thing in the morning then? After asking for Epcot FP/RD advice (which was helpful but there are 3 completely different camps on this) I decided I would FP FEA for the early afternoon, RD TT, go to Mission: Space since it's right there and then hustle over to Soarin' and hope the line was still decent. Then do the rest of Future World clockwise, and then do WS for the afternoon, with FEA and an ADR at 6p at Via Napoli, and then maybe hit FW again if there is time before Illuminations. We are first/only timers in WDW, but DL vets. I don't want to be hopping all over the parks chasing FPs, but I'd also like to minimize our time in lines so we can see and do more.

But after reading this thread, I'm wondering if it's better to go directly to FEA and get it out of the way and book my FPs early so we could potentially get more. Or does this strategy not really matter as much in Epcot since we will be spending a good amount of time in the WS? Like this is only good if you have ride-centric day.

Using this method, would it be better to FP/RD FEA first thing in the morning then? After asking for Epcot FP/RD advice (which was helpful but there are 3 completely different camps on this) I decided I would FP FEA for the early afternoon, RD TT, go to Mission: Space since it's right there and then hustle over to Soarin' and hope the line was still decent. Then do the rest of Future World clockwise, and then do WS for the afternoon, with FEA and an ADR at 6p at Via Napoli, and then maybe hit FW again if there is time before Illuminations. We are first/only timers in WDW, but DL vets. I don't want to be hopping all over the parks chasing FPs, but I'd also like to minimize our time in lines so we can see and do more.

But after reading this thread, I'm wondering if it's better to go directly to FEA and get it out of the way and book my FPs early so we could potentially get more. Or does this strategy not really matter as much in Epcot since we will be spending a good amount of time in the WS? Like this is only good if you have ride-centric day.

I think it's even more beneficial to use this strategy if you plan to spend more time in WS. This way you can get all the rides done in the morning before heading to WS. Personally, I would make a tier 1 FP for 9AM and either make 2 tier 2 FP's for whatever or just not bother making them to start with. After tapping the 1st FP (whichever tier 1 you choose....FEA would be a good one) move up or add a tier 2 to a time as early as possible. After tapping the 2nd FP do the same to get a 3rd FP out of the way early. You should be able to have your first 3 FP's used by 10-10:30. You can then refresh to get one of the other tier 1 FP's....once you tap it, refresh to get the 3rd tier 1. I like to do them multiple times but if you are going to WS then just focus on getting them once to start with.

Just back from Epcot. It definitely is more difficult to refresh than it has been in years past. I was able to get TT without a ton of difficulty, but zero for FEA...last summer I got it regularly. Heading to HS in just a few hours. Was able to get RnR

Around 12:30 when I looked at FP's I actually found FEA to be easier than Soarin' to find. TT was the easiest of the 3 when I was looking.

Just back from Epcot. It definitely is more difficult to refresh than it has been in years past. I was able to get TT without a ton of difficulty, but zero for FEA...last summer I got it regularly. Heading to HS in just a few hours. Was able to get RnR

It sounds like something happened when they pushed the app/RS update. Hopefully a temporary glitch.

I'd post screenshots but @PrincessWithABlaster might shoot me with her blaster so I'll refrain.

Don't let me stop you. The name notwithstanding, my bark is worse than my bite.
:wave2:

We tend to do the 3 in the morning, head into WS and start pulling 4th,etc for early evening when we come back to FW for while.

Don't let me stop you. The name notwithstanding, my bark is worse than my bite.
:wave2:

We tend to do the 3 in the morning, head into WS and start pulling 4th,etc for early evening when we come back to FW for while.
I'll just do thumbnails for those who are interested (most won't be lol). I think it will take two posts...the 2nd post will have the best 2.

Screenshot_20180622-121031_Disney World.jpg Screenshot_20180622-121341_Disney World.jpg Screenshot_20180622-121714_Disney World.jpg Screenshot_20180622-121821_Disney World.jpg Screenshot_20180622-122336_Disney World.jpg Screenshot_20180622-122601_Disney World.jpg Screenshot_20180622-122839_Disney World.jpg Screenshot_20180622-122917_Disney World.jpg Screenshot_20180622-123425_Disney World.jpg Screenshot_20180622-124029_Disney World.jpg

I am here today and refresh was amazing. Granted, I am traveling by myself, but I hit three parks and got what I wanted everywhere. In AK this morning I was able to get safari and Navi after using my first three. Then I moved to MK after lunch, where I rode my favorites pirates, Ariel, Winnie, and haunted mansion. I saw thunder and space, but I wanted all my fast passes starting within the next 5 minutes of tapping the last one, so I was being picky. Last I moved to Epcot where I got test track, Soarin twice, Frozen, and then Space Ship Earth.

I am solo again tomorrow, so I cannot wait to see what I can ride again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter