“Refresh” is my new favorite strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
We will be heading to Disney in two weeks.
Can someone please explain exactly what you mean but going through the website instead of the Disney World App?
I have an iPhone 6+.
Do I go on a browser on my phone and type in:
www.disney.com
Then go to log in or look for MDE
Save to my homescreen

Thank you very much!
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ on your browser then on the top right is the heading for My Disney Experience

Hi.
We will be heading to Disney in two weeks.
Can someone please explain exactly what you mean but going through the website instead of the Disney World App?
I have an iPhone 6+.
Do I go on a browser on my phone and type in:
www.disney.com
Then go to log in or look for MDE
Save to my homescreen

Thank you very much!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/
you can bookmark that link, and when you access it, save your password, and keep it open.

TBH i thought the app itself was fast and fine (but i have android). i saw some connections issues, but i saw those on the website too.

I just made my Fastpasses for our October trip. I got a late Slinky Dog fastpass but ideally it would be earlier in the day. Does the refresh strategy work only the day of the Fastpass? I keep checking to see if anything pops up prior to the trip.

I just made my Fastpasses for our October trip. I got a late Slinky Dog fastpass but ideally it would be earlier in the day. Does the refresh strategy work only the day of the Fastpass? I keep checking to see if anything pops up prior to the trip.
it's possible, but people make a lot more changes day of. SDD is the toughest of the TSL rides though.

I’m my experience from a couple of weeks ago, day of modifications are much easier than pre day. But as the previous poster mentioned, SDD is not easy to stumble upon either way.
It wouldn’t hurt checking before your trip too; I got FOP FPs 3 weeks before my park visit day by refreshing, but took several days of just taking some time each day and trying my luck. I do it while I’m just hanging back watching tv.

If you have a FP for say Soarin from 10-11 and living with the land 11:15-12:15 and you swipe your band at Soarin at 10 while you are waiting in line to load the ride will it let you modify the living with the land to say 10:15-11:15(if available)? I know when you first set up your 3 you can not overlap the times but after you use the one will it let you?

If you have a FP for say Soarin from 10-11 and living with the land 11:15-12:15 and you swipe your band at Soarin at 10 while you are waiting in line to load the ride will it let you modify the living with the land to say 10:15-11:15(if available)? I know when you first set up your 3 you can not overlap the times but after you use the one will it let you?

I am pretty sure it does, but would love someone to verify.

definitely!

That's the best part of refreshing. 1) You're waiting in a queue, so you're not "missing out" on something else while you refresh. 2) Many times, you can move up your next FP+ so that you're literally walking from one FP+ queue to the next. It's fabulous!

Yup. If we're really pushing hard for rides on a particular day, we literally go from ride to ride using nothing but FP+. We can hit a ton of rides in a very short time.

Thanks everyone. I can not wait to try it. All the times we have been and I have never done this. You learn something new every time.

I went to Epcot for opening day of F&W yesterday and since they let passholders in at 8:00, I was there early. I was solo and planning on spending the whole day so I had some flexibility.

I started the day with 3 Fast Passes - 9:10 Soarin, 10:25 Living with the Land and 11:25 Nemo. Using the refresh strategy, I was able to do Soarin, LwtL, Nemo, Spaceship Earth and Frozen, all before 10:45. Then I found a FP for late in the day for Slinky Dog. While I was walking around, tasting some of the new food, I was able to get that one moved up to 2:30. So I took the boat over to DHS, did SDD and, as soon as I got off of that, was able to score a 'right now' FP for Toy Story Mania. After a couple of hours in DHS, I took the boat back to Epcot for more food and one more FP ride on Soarin, for good measure. 8 total FPs used and I was really only there for the food. :yay:

I was just playing around looking to see what I could get right now using refresh. Within 5 minutes of refreshing the following were available to book before 11:00am today. TSMM a couple of times, soarin’ and Test Track a couple of times, Na’vi river twice.
During the week I’ve gotten same day FP for all rides, including FOP and SDD.
During the week I’ve also been able to book next day FP for both SDMT and FOP.
The lesson learned is don’t fret if you miss out on day 60 or 30.
Also, I rode FOP and Na’vi river multiple times this week. Only 1 time did we use the FP I booked at day 60+4.
I didn’t spend the week with my head in the phone. Used refresh/modify while walking the through the FP queue or in lines for snacks, waiting for a family member to shop or use the bathroom, etc.

I was just playing around looking to see what I could get right now using refresh. Within 5 minutes of refreshing the following were available to book before 11:00am today. TSMM a couple of times, soarin’ and Test Track a couple of times, Na’vi river twice.
During the week I’ve gotten same day FP for all rides, including FOP and SDD.
During the week I’ve also been able to book next day FP for both SDMT and FOP.
The lesson learned is don’t fret if you miss out on day 60 or 30.
Also, I rode FOP and Na’vi river multiple times this week. Only 1 time did we use the FP I booked at day 60+4.
I didn’t spend the week with my head in the phone. Used refresh/modify while walking the through the FP queue or in lines for snacks, waiting for a family member to shop or use the bathroom, etc.

What size party were you booking for? I find parties of 1-2 are easier (and often break our party of 6 into this) than bigger parties. I just point this out because bigger parties are harder and may frustrate some trying to use Refresh.

SDD is very difficult to get even on same day without some luck. 2 weeks ago I sat at home on my computer and had to refresh more than 300 times before I was able to get one

What size party were you booking for? I find parties of 1-2 are easier (and often break our party of 6 into this) than bigger parties. I just point this out because bigger parties are harder and may frustrate some trying to use Refresh.

All my searches were for a party of 4.

9BDD9FE9-85B8-43FD-9174-76104DDF454A.png
SDD is very difficult to get even on same day without some luck. 2 weeks ago I sat at home on my computer and had to refresh more than 300 times before I was able to get one

Absolutely. TSMM is pretty easy. On Monday at 5:10 I had a SDD for 7:55 pop up (party of 4).

So refreshing worked for me these last 6 days in Disney for every ride except FoP. Wow, that one is still very hard to snag. Every member in my party was refreshing for about 5 hours trying to get FoP without success. We finally gave up and skipped it this trip. We were able to snag everything else, even Slinky and 7DMT. The parks did not seem crowded at all, though, so that definitely helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter