“Rise” to the Challenge, FREAK!! Done and new trip report started 5/2/21

How fun to be planning another trip! Our cat is the same with strangers, it is getting harder to leave her knowing she will basically be completely alone when we are gone! :sad:

Booking at rack rates is such sticker shock, that's awesome you found a good deal at the Swan! Being able to walk to two parks seems like such a high value right now, with how limited the buses are! I'm very interested in knowing how it compares to the regular Disney resorts!

I actually turned 21 at WDW, we flew in on my birthday and since it was so late when we landed, we celebrated with a terrible mini bottle of wine from the Pop food court with plastic glasses, an experience that I will never forget 😆 Hopefully you and Aldi can find something a little tastier than that!

Very smart to avoid going to MSP in the winter, with how 2020 is going I'm sure heaps of snow is in our future! I don't know how everyone is having such cheap airfare, we never seem to get those rates or maybe we just don't have enough budget carriers around here since we are such a Delta hub!

Wine Bar George looks so good, I really want to try the Ibérico Pork Pluma. Hoping this trip works out for you!!!
The Swan price with the AAA discount was very reasonable. I couldn’t justify staying anywhere else! I love the location. The downside is not having ME or magic band charging. These are not that important to us now so it is fine!
The super cheap flights are never an option up here! Southwest has some cheaper ones but still way more than most. I just don’t want to drive down to the cities and have that added stress in the winter time. Andi is so excited to have a drink at WDW. I’m really excited to try Wine Bar George!

I am so excited to hear about your potential trip! You're right, just planning a trip I bet makes this whole situation better. I'd love to go myself, but I'm the only full time person at my work and NY has quarantine rules too so there's no way I could swing taking 3 weeks off for a one week trip :sad::sad: I will live vicariously through everyone who goes, though! And hopefully that'll be you and Andi soon! :goodvibes
Hi Tracy! Planning a trip anywhere is so stressful right now! Way to many variables and uncertainty I hope we can go.
I sure miss having a trip on the books. How fun it is to plan
I do love reading recent reports, keeps the magic alive!

Hi Caroline!
I really hope you get to go!!!! The crowds were heavier but we felt totally safe and comfortable for the most part. When things got crowded, we left or modified our plans.

Hi Caroline!
I really hope you get to go!!!! The crowds were heavier but we felt totally safe and comfortable for the most part. When things got crowded, we left or modified our plans.
Thanks Jenny! The crowds do look larger now! Makes me a little nervous 😟 We can take it easy, the one thing I worry about is Andi hates waiting in line, ugh! We may forgo some rides I’m sure!
Excited to hear about your trip!

Thanks Jenny! The crowds do look larger now! Makes me a little nervous 😟 We can take it easy, the one thing I worry about is Andi hates waiting in line, ugh! We may forgo some rides I’m sure!
Excited to hear about your trip!
The crowds were heavier but we never felt unsafe.
We did end up skipping 2 days at AK only because we wanted to spend time with friends . Plus, we were over the crowds.
We really just tried to relax more too.

The crowds were heavier but we never felt unsafe.
We did end up skipping 2 days at AK only because we wanted to spend time with friends . Plus, we were over the crowds.
We really just tried to relax more too.
The crowds without FP to me is just not worth going. I will watch over the next month and make my decision

The crowds without FP to me is just not worth going. I will watch over the next month and make my decision
I have to say I am loving NOT having FP even though the crowds picked up last week for our trip over what they were in July. The standby lines actually MOVE lol! So waiting in a 30 minute line (which we really didn't have to do) is nothing; I much rather do that or even a continuously moving 40 minute line than have 120 minute waits and have to look at my phone time and time again to try getting additional FP's. The wait times were still totally inflated (other than HS which is another story) . I know they'll be higher still for our Nov. trip but if you still go with the "get there early" rule you'll avoid lines as well!

I think HS was the worst, especially by the looks of it this week...However, Epcot was awesome and MK was great the first day and ok the second day. I think you just have to go in with lower expectations and be willing to spend more downtime at your resort or in the morning/afternoon in DS. We totally skipped AK both days but had a wonderful time at Geyser Point.

I have to say I am loving NOT having FP even though the crowds picked up last week for our trip over what they were in July. The standby lines actually MOVE lol! So waiting in a 30 minute line (which we really didn't have to do) is nothing; I much rather do that or even a continuously moving 40 minute line than have 120 minute waits and have to look at my phone time and time again to try getting additional FP's. The wait times were still totally inflated (other than HS which is another story) . I know they'll be higher still for our Nov. trip but if you still go with the "get there early" rule you'll avoid lines as well!
If it was just me I would agree some, however, Andi hates waiting in lines for more than 20 minutes. I don’t want to spend the whole time on vacation listening to her complaining about wait times, ugh!
I hope we can go and enjoy it as it is. I do miss FP and PH both are such a huge part of our trips.
I am planning the early mornings, rest in the afternoon and go back to the parks for a few hours in the evening.
Time will tell! Glad you all had a good trip!

I think HS was the worst, especially by the looks of it this week...However, Epcot was awesome and MK was great the first day and ok the second day. I think you just have to go in with lower expectations and be willing to spend more downtime at your resort or in the morning/afternoon in DS. We totally skipped AK both days but had a wonderful time at Geyser Point.
Thanks for all your updates on the crowds, lines, and what to expect at WDW during these times. It helps so much!

Hello Everyone!

I have a few things to add and change to our possible trip!
I changed our dates to 12/2-12/8/20. My other dates were problematic for good flights. I was able to change the Swan dates without any price changes, yay!
The flights right now are what I wanted with Delta
arriving by 1pm and leaving Orlando at 6:15pm. The price is decent with middle seats being left open.
My park days are as follows
12/2 Epcot with dinner at Rose and Crown, (outside seating)
12/3 DHS, late lunch at Wine Bar George (outside seating)
12/4 MK, dinner at Tony’s (hoping for outside seating)
12/5 DAK, lunch at Satu’li, later apps/drinks at Nomads, all outside seating, hopefully!
12/6 Epcot, early dinner at La Hacienda (outside). I am debating the Orlando Informer Meet-Up at Universal! We would love this. If we do go, plans would change some.
12/7 DHS, leave to eat at DS, City works or Boathouse for outside seating.
12/8 MK, departure day.
Barriers at this time to going as planned are Virus gets even worse, work restrictions, and crowds increasing more and more at WDW. The crowds would decrease our comfort level and our patience!
I was able to make reservations without any problems for the few ADRs I made.
I need a vacation so bad!!
I maybe able to have a few Dismeets! @DLo and @paradesintherain. This would be so nice!
Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Barriers at this time to going as planned are Virus gets even worse, work restrictions, and crowds increasing more and more at WDW. The crowds would decrease our comfort level and our patience!
I was able to make reservations without any problems for the few ADRs I made.
I need a vacation so bad!!
I maybe able to have a few Dismeets! @DLo and @paradesintherain. This would be so nice!
Don't know about the US, but up here, we seem to be firmly in our second wave. :sad2:
Hope the DISmeets work out. Those are always nice. :)
Will you pick me up the next time, I am on your way, lol!
:laughing: Okay, deal.
Next time (God only knows when that will be), I'll at the very least drop by and say "Hi". :)

12/7 DHS, leave to eat at DS, City works or Boathouse for outside seating.
12/8 MK, departure day.

These are the parks we have reserved on these days too! DisMeet!!

The crowds would decrease our comfort level and our patience!

Me too... I'm thinking of bringing a KN95 in the parks with me for those moments when it may be too close for comfort... like indoor lines.

am praying for your trip to happen Caroline!!!!
Let’s keep our fingers crossed, I think we will be going!
Don't know about the US, but up here, we seem to be firmly in our second wave. :sad2:
Hope the DISmeets work out. Those are always nice.
Our cases remain higher than I would like, we never had a big first wave in Minnesota so we are in that now?? I think 🤔
I do like dis meets! Even if we have to say hi 👋 at a distance
Okay, deal.
Next time (God only knows when that will be), I'll at the very least drop by and say "Hi
Yes, hopefully we can do a meet up someday!
These are the parks we have reserved on these days too! DisMeet!!
This is awesome! I hope it works out for all of us!!
Me too... I'm thinking of bringing a KN95 in the parks with me for those moments when it may be too close for comfort... like indoor lines.
I have a small stock pile of the KN95 for us. We will definitely wear on the airplane and maybe in some indoor lines as well! Andi plans on wearing the 95 mask and pulling her hood all the way over her face on the airplane. 😛
am so hoping this can happen for you and Andi!!! Your plans sound great!
Thanks Tracy! I am excited and apprehensive all at the same time, oh my goodness!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter