“Rise” to the Challenge, FREAK!! Done and new trip report started 5/2/21

I'm sure planning a trip in this new COVID world is difficult, but I hope for your sake the trip happens! The magic and atmosphere of Disney is what a lot of us DISers need in 2020!
Thank you! It sure is complex these days! I wish we lived closer because I wouldn’t hesitate to do some day trips. I didn’t realize how much our Disney trips make day to day life with a stressful job so much better! Thank goodness for YouTube and the Dis.....

Just slammed through 44 pages phew.
My dad died suddenly at home and during this I ended up with a stomach virus that took me out for 3 days!
I'm so sad to hear this sorry for your loss. Then cause of Covid not a proper funeral. I was said that when we spread moms ashes in lake MI neither of her siblings (who live in MI) were willing to venture out. But understandable.
I almost called this TR, bag less is better than bra less, haha😂.
This was such a fun night! Even with the cold weather, it was a blast and the crowd level was very low! We rode everything in the park we wanted to and enjoyed being with the Dis gang!
Sounds like blast
This was not a very peaceful or enjoyable ride this time around, oh well, I still love this little water ride! The fireworks on the ceiling, what’s not to love ❤
::yes::
This is Douglas, he is Andi’s pet rabbit. He is the cutest little guy. I call him my “grandbunny”. She sends me pictures and videos everyday of little Doug and it helps me feel happy, especially at work these days! S
Adorbs
Our town literally looked liked the North Pole yuck! So. much. snow. We had got another 20 inches of snow while we were gone!
UHHH and I saw you got a little last week, yuckety yuck
I decided to use the services of an excellent TA, many of you know her, she is awesome 😎 I told her my dates and she got us booked.
She's also been doing a great job for me.

I hope you'll be able to keep you November plans and hope that Andi will enjoy drink around the world.

Just slammed through 44 pages phew.
I'm so sad to hear this sorry for your loss. Then cause of Covid not a proper funeral. I was said that when we spread moms ashes in lake MI neither of her siblings (who live in MI) were willing to venture out. But understandable.
View attachment 534685
Sounds like blast
::yes::
Adorbs
UHHH and I saw you got a little last week, yuckety yuck
She's also been doing a great job for me.

I hope you'll be able to keep you November plans and hope that Andi will enjoy drink around the world.
Thanks so much for reading my report!
We did get winter 🥶 just 2020 sticking it to us again!!
I sure hope we can make our trip and have a wonderful time on it!
When are you heading back to Disney? I hope you have an awesome trip when you do go!
I do enjoy having a TA now, especially a great one!

Hello Everyone,

Life is interesting, isn’t it? We now have winter in October, yes so true! We have shattered snow fall and low temp records for this month! Just what I needed for my fragile state right now! It is a little on the depressing side! It is going to be in the 50’s this week, yay!
IMG_Nov12020at90413AM.jpg

On the early December trip front, I am not sure if this trip will happen or not! The word for this month by Andi is sketchy. She keeps telling me, WDW looks sketchy and she doesn’t think we should go! The crowd levels do look a bit daunting for physical distancing and the wait times look long. I need a vacation so bad I am willing to give it a try, however, I don’t know if I can convince Andi to go.

This seems crazy to me, Andi would drop anything right away to travel to WDW, wow times have changed! I really do think we can be safe on the trip and just take our time relaxing and doing a few things each day. The days of being park commandos is gone now. The problem for us is we can usually ride everything we want and not have to wait more than 20 minutes. This is the part that bothers Andi. She hates waiting in lines.

Delta keeps changing our flight times, right now our flight leaves at 8am to Orlando and now the flight home leaves at 4pm, not 6pm. This is fine, I just hope it doesn’t change much more.

We had a very quiet Halloween, I actually watched Christmas movies on Hallmark channel and the movie Holidate on Netflix. It was funny! 🤣

Andi had a zoom Halloween party with her roommates. She made mummy hotdogs, buffalo chicken dip and Oreo balls decorated like Frankenstein! Sounds fun for a night in.

We live in the country and we never get trick or treaters so no different for us this year!

Andi has been doing some interesting things with her hair during the COVID-19 times!

Here she is with her pink hair, all one length
IMG_Nov12020at90504AM.jpg

Here she is with her brown hair, bangs, and mullet style, flash back to the 80’s and she does look like her mom!
IMG_Nov12020at90251AM.jpg

This is me in the 80’s rockin my mullet haha 😂

IMG_Nov12020at90051AM.jpg

Back to the trip planning, I would say we are at 50/50 for the early December trip.

We are just about at the 30 day point now. I have not changed any plans and will keep everything the same at this time. Here are my new masks for Disney. I highly recommend sock fancy, super comfortable masks, with the nose wire and total chin coverage

IMG_Nov12020at90201AM.jpg

I do like the change in Rise boarding pass options. Starting soon you don’t have to be in the park to try for the 10am boarding group. This will really help wait times in the morning, I believe, and having a millennial with super fast IPhone skills I hope we get one! Actually Andi is not a millennial but super close, she could be according to some timelines. 1980-2000. She was born in 1999.

Our January trip has changed some. We will be staying at the Yacht Club instead of CCV. The AP price was so much better, a real cost savings. My wonderful TA was able to get us savings for our January and our March trip.

March is still at the Grand Destino tower at CSR. The prices were more in March, of course, spring break time

We also added a late September trip at POP with 2 days at USO for HHN. Hopefully all the Halloween activities will be a go in 2021.

We may also change our late August trip to June, just because the August and September trip would be to close together.

I plan on buying the USO tickets and changing these to AP tickets. I hope to spend a day or evening at USO on our January, March, and June trips.

I will keep you all updated on our plans and if our December trip is a go, please don’t hold your breath on that one! Haha 😆

Have a wonderful Sunday! Joe is making his delicious brisket for us, it is huge and there is only the two of us! :lmao:

Douglas picture
IMG_Nov12020at90746AM.jpg

Andi has been doing some interesting things with her hair during the COVID-19 times!
LOVE!

OMG Caroline! SOOOOOOO cute!

My wonderful TA was able to get us savings for our January and our March trip.
She is wonderful, isn't she!!!!

March is still at the Grand Destino tower at CSR.
We are staying here in February. This has quickly become a favorite resort.

We also added a late September trip at POP with 2 days at USO for HHN.
Are you going to be there for the MK 50th????? We will be there from Sept 29-Oct 4 at GDT.

Life is interesting, isn’t it? We now have winter in October, yes so true! We have shattered snow fall and low temp records for this month! Just what I needed for my fragile state right now!
Same with us. Well... not sure about records being smashed, but it's been cold and snowy. Yesterday (Halloween) was probably the worst, weather-wise, that I can remember.
It is a little on the depressing side! It is going to be in the 50’s this week, yay!
It is supposed to do the same here. I'm hopeful.
On the early December trip front, I am not sure if this trip will happen or not! The word for this month by Andi is sketchy. She keeps telling me, WDW looks sketchy and she doesn’t think we should go! The crowd levels do look a bit daunting for physical distancing and the wait times look long. I need a vacation so bad I am willing to give it a try, however, I don’t know if I can convince Andi to go.
I'm sure you'll do what's best for the both of you.
We had a very quiet Halloween, I actually watched Christmas movies on Hallmark channel and the movie Holidate on Netflix. It was funny! 🤣
Nooooo! It's toooo early!!!
Andi had a zoom Halloween party with her roommates. She made mummy hotdogs, buffalo chicken dip and Oreo balls decorated like Frankenstein!
Sounds like fun. :)
We live in the country and we never get trick or treaters so no different for us this year!
Well, we live in the city and last year had 140 kids. This year? 14.
I like it! Suits her!
OMG! Classic!

Andi's pink hair and Douglas are the show stealers of this update!!! :) I sure hope you're able to go in December just to get away and take it easy while soaking in some magic, but at least if you don't, you've got so much amazingness planned already for 2021!

Life is interesting, isn’t it? We now have winter in October, yes so true! We have shattered snow fall and low temp records for this month! Just what I needed for my fragile state right now! It is a little on the depressing side! It is going to be in the 50’s this week, yay!
Yuck to snow........we may wake up to some tomorrow but then it is supposed to be 15-17 the rest of the week (low to mid 60's for you). I am so not ready for winter!
Cute! She looks so much like you!
We may also change our late August trip to June, just because the August and September trip would be to close together.
I hope you go in August as it would be nice to see you. Jack and I are set to go the 21-29 of August if all the stars align (borders open, no non-essential travel advisory or mandatory quarantine on returning to Canada.) Time will tell!

I really hope you go. I get the lines thing but it's honestly so different when they keep moving!
I've been watching Christmas movies on UP Channel since 10/23 lol! But what is this Holidate?? That sounds up my alley too!
Love this!

Hey Caroline! I hope as of now you're still planning on going this December :) I think there will be lots of us there the end of September next year which will be awesome!
Well as you read in my post it is still up in the air!
I may need to add a few extra days onto our September trip since so many will be there at the end of the month. Our AP expires 9/29. I always say I probably won’t renew and I always do, haha 😂

We are staying here in February. This has quickly become a favorite resort.
We love it! I think you get a deluxe feel at a better price!
She is wonderful, isn't she!!!!
Most definitely. I have more business for her in 2021. Please 2021 be a better year
Are you going to be there for the MK 50th????? We will be there from Sept 29-Oct 4 at GDT.
Right now our trip is 9/22-9/29, with the first 2 nights at Universal for HHN. I may add a few more nights at the end so I can say hi to all Of you!

Same with us. Well... not sure about records being smashed, but it's been cold and snowy. Yesterday (Halloween) was probably the worst, weather-wise, that I can remember.
It was very windy and chilly this weekend. Thank goodness no snow
I guess we broke a record from 1917 for the longest stretch in October less than 32 degrees, yuck!! I think the 12” of snow we got was in the top 5 on record, again yuck!
It is supposed to do the same here. I'm hopeful.
Sunny and middle 50’s this week. I will take it!
I'm sure you'll do what's best for the both of you.
I feel very safe going, now to convince old lady Andi :lmao:
Nooooo! It's toooo early!!!
I know, it was so chilly I wasn’t in the Halloween state of mind!
Sounds like fun. :)
Creative zoom parties for the stay at home crowd, better than nothing!
Well, we live in the city and last year had 140 kids. This year? 14.
Wow, the times are so different. Hopefully next year will be back to normal by Halloween.
like it! Suits her!
I like it longer like that. The jury is still out on the mullet look!
OMG! Classic!
So 80’s, now Andi loves the clothes and hair styles from the 80’s :sad2:

Andi's pink hair and Douglas are the show stealers of this update!!! :) I sure hope you're able to go in December just to get away and take it easy while soaking in some magic, but at least if you don't, you've got so much amazingness planned already for 2021!
Thank you Jackie! All the different hair styles and pictures of Douglas help me get through not seeing Andi as much!
I really want to go and just relax and take it all in! My husband doesn’t want us to go, so I have Andi and Joe to convince it will be just fine!

Yuck to snow........we may wake up to some tomorrow but then it is supposed to be 15-17 the rest of the week (low to mid 60's for you). I am so not ready for winter!
Winter can wait 2-3 more months if I could control it, haha 😆
Cute! She looks so much like you!
Ahh thanks! She looks more like Joe according to many but I do see me in her, especially with the shorter hair!
I hope you go in August as it would be nice to see you. Jack and I are set to go the 21-29 of August if all the stars align (borders open, no non-essential travel advisory or mandatory quarantine on returning to Canada.) Time will tell!
I know! I do love our late August trips, such a tradition for us. I just really want to soak in all the Halloween stuff and HHN so the later September trip works for that. If we end up having to cancel January due to the times we live in, I most definitely will keep all the other trips, including August. I sure hope you get to go as planned!
I really hope you go. I get the lines thing but it's honestly so different when they keep moving!
I‘m not worried at all. The virus is so widespread now, I can get it here just as easily. I also don’t mind the lines or crowds, it will be way less than what we have experienced. Like I told you, I may go by myself. Of course Joe is not a fan of this. Andi will come, she isn’t going to pass up a free trip to Disney, lol 😆
I've been watching Christmas movies on UP Channel since 10/23 lol! But what is this Holidate?? That sounds up my alley too!
It was more like Christmas at our house than Halloween. Holidate is a cute/funny movie on Netflix. The premise is having a causal person to take to all holidays so you aren’t alone and of course you know where this goes haha 😂
Love this!
The ever changing hair styles of a young adult. You have probably realized by now, Andi is not really a girly girl like her mom. She is much more casual and not into make up and clothes. Hard on me at times because I am so different, oh well. :hyper: ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter