“Rise” to the Challenge, FREAK!! Done and new trip report started 5/2/21

can't believe it was a year ago already. Best. Trip. Ever.
This was a top favorite as far as trips! Such a wonderful time!
know people are anxious for Disney to make an announcement but there is no precedent for this
That is the hard part, nothing is certain! This is all new even to the experts!
When they do open not sure what we'll do. I know it won't be the same or how I'll feel about traveling.
That is how I feel!
Right now we aren't going until the end of October which seems reasonable but of course reason went out the window back in March
I am keeping my current August trip booked for now.
Love this!! With your colorful ponchos you look like you fit right in
We did fit right in!
Oh I so wanted to try this last year and Stupid Jason (my ode to Stupid Judy as I call him sometimes) said what could be good about cheese in bread. Um hello cheese in bread? What couldn't be good about tha
That little cheesy bowl of goodness was a good purchase!
I'm sure this was annoying but now I suddenly want to hear SE in Chinese.
It really was so weird and not in a good way, haha 😂
Good for you!!!! Pretty sure people have been lining up since the beginning of time. Why people have such difficulty with this beyond me
Dumb people follow dumb people :rotfl:
First off, Douglas is adorable!
Thank you he is a sweetheart
This was the best trip ever. Joe and I had so much fun!

As far as going back to Disney, I am all in as soon as they open up. I pray I can go in July!!!!!!
I agree, Epic trip was so fun! How simple life was back then!
I sure hope the July trip works out and out late summer one is a go!

Oh that's right! :sad: Of course it would have been better at Disney!
You are so right! We are having a cold spell again, Where is spring??
Ugh, I would be having the same number of thoughts as you. And it's just so hard to say what will happen in a couple month's time.
It really is hard to plan anything right now! I love planning and being organized so this is the worst!!
maybe the next month or so will give us a clue how this will all play out... hopefully on the positive side!
I sure hope so!
How cute is he?!?
Douglas makes me smile 😃
Sounds like a great evening at Epcot, even if it was soggy! What I'd give to be strolling through Epcot right about now... even in the rain
It really was despite the rain! I’m with you, I would love to be in Epcot at F&G!
hear you. I feel like I'm in a holding pattern with life, right now.
That is so true! Groundhog Day over and over!
Maybe next time?
I will definitely upgrade to US AP next time!!
Huh. Didn't know that'd work with a stingray. The positive enforcement, thing. For whatever reason.
I was surprised on that too! Even a stingray likes some positivity!
Kinda like watching a musical with the sound muted?
It was like that, good analogy!
This lady from the back of the line, gets out of her car, marches over and starts screaming at me to get in line. I didn't respond other than to say "There are two lines." I shut up after that, though. You can't deal easily with irrational people, and dealing with stupid irrational people is pretty impossible. She went back to her car.

I still got my order before her, so I was happy with that.
Oh my what is wrong with some people! Did she social distance when yelling at you! :rolleyes2o_O I hope so!
I’m so glad you got your order first :thumbsup2

Best trip ever. It makes me so happy to see all the memories popping up on Facebook for me this week. I loved getting to meet all of you
It really was such a wonderful trip and I also loved meeting all of you!! :love:
felt that way about our March trip…everything was planned so perfectly and then, POOF, all gone in the blink of an eye
So true! We have been every spring for the past 10 years!
But honestly, I am 90% certain I am going to cancel that trip by next week. For me there is just too much uncertainty. I've been waiting and watching to see of Disney would be making some sort of official announcement, but with the way our DVC points are and with some new restrictions they just added regarding how we can use them, it just makes some sense to cancel
I totally understand especially with your points, you don’t want to lose those!
But besides whatever Disney is planning (and nobody knows anything for sure), I just don't know how safe I would feel traveling then, and I won't know until July when it would be too late to cancel and get my points returned.
This is how I feel. I want to have a care free trip and I just don’t know if we will!
We do have a trip planned for October 6-12 with just Aliie, my mom and my great-niece for her very first trip. And next week I'll be booking another trip to BLT for Spring Break. I think having those to look forward to will take some of the sting out of having to cancel.
October is such a beautiful time to visit! If Andi and I don’t get back at all this year, we will be doing a Spring Break in 2021!!
September seems far enough away and will give you something to look forward too. Have you ever done HHN? It's definitely something to see at least once. Mike loves it and would go every year, but I'm too chicken to ever go back!
We went just one night in 2016 with my sister. I enjoyed it but I am a big chicken as well!! I think for now we will keep the August trip until the last possible moment then decide on canceling or changing.
Ever the mom…and nurse. I do the same thing. I was at a pool party one time and there was a kid swimming with no parents around. I felt like I couldn't have fun because I was too busy watching this kid to make sure he was ok!
I know! I’m always watching and hoping everyone stays safe, haha! Andi’s different expressions from mine, priceless! She was just annoyed, didn’t care at all about the safety!
What?? Oh, no! Makes for a different ride!
It just wasn’t nearly as good even though we pretty much know the words by heart.
He's adorable!
Douglas makes me happy 😊

I actually like to eat on the off hours saving time and headache for sure.
This works well at WDW, less crowded and less wait time!
I think you're on track. An official announement JUST came out in the last 10 minutes.
I saw the announcement for DS slowly opening soon!
What an interesting display! What are those? Grains piled up in bowls?
I think it was grains and spices it definitely was a new display in LwtL
FISH LIPS!!
You have to do Fish Lips at The Seas! :hyper:
hate when that happens. Are people that dumb that they don't know what stancions are for?
We can’t fix stupid, right Liesa!! o_O

This was a big step for me. I am a shy person and had not traveled solo to Disney and I was a little nervous 😩 My husband bid me farewell and told me to have fun at my bloggers convention 😃Well, let me just say, I had the best time and met the nicest group of Diser’s! This was one of the best Disney trips I have had! I am forever grateful to have been included in this! I can’t wait to do this again!
I am so happy you went on this trip! I would have loved to have been there and am definitely dreaming about Epic 2!
My unsure and bewildered thoughts have to do with future trips to WDW this year. I know most of my friends on here will head back to Disney as soon as able. This is great, however, for myself I do have reservations about this. It will really depend on the restrictions and how safe I feel about traveling. Time will tell. I really want to go back to Disney in August or September. I have a trip booked for 8/17-8/24 and I am not going to cancel unless I feel it is necessary. I might change this trip to September if it works with Andi’s schedule. I would love to spend 2 nights at US and do HHN👻🎃 Those are my thoughts, what do you all think?
Oh my gosh, I would love to be at Disney this summer if it was possible. As you know, our border is closed to non essential travel and I have no idea when it will be open. I would be so happy to hear of my Disney friends enjoying our happy place. I have a trip tentatively booked for December but am looking at March as a distinct possibility instead.
It was raining ☔ as we left the resort. I had packed our ponchos and it did look like we would need them today. It was raining lightly as we entered Epcot. We decided to do the new film attraction called Awesome Planet 🌎 in the Land pavilion. As did everyone else in the park! The land was crowded. We went into the movie and enjoyed it. The gist is to be conscientious about saving our planet! I believe Phil from Modern Family is the narrator.
I would love to see that movie. :)
We went to LwtL next. We had the front seat which I love. If my camera would have been working, I would have took a picture of our feet for @suse66.
Haha! I love it!
Our next stop was France for the Brie bread bowl and the frozen French martini 🍸 This was very good. The two went together well. The Brie dish was so yummy and perfect for a rainy afternoon. We huddled under the little gazebo with many others to enjoy our snacks. I let Andi sip on the Martini and she liked this! Another 2 thumbs up!
What a fabulous snack, yum!
Since Mexico was close by, we went in to ride the Gran Fiesta. It was busy in the pavilion most likely the rain brought everyone inside. There was a mom with 5 children in front of us, she looked exhausted, and she was pregnant. Her children all had to be under 7! She sat in front of us with her 5 rambunctious kids! I thought for sure one would end up falling out of the boat! They made me nervous! Andi, on the other hand, was just annoyed by them!
5 littles and pregnant, omg! I thought I was crazy back in the day with 3 under 2!
It was time to head out. Andi’s friend was picking her up at the ride share area. We said goodbye and I headed to the bus stop. I got there and people were lined up all wrong, yikes! They were in single file to the sidewalk and not using the stanchions. The people were blocking the sidewalk for other people passing by to get to other bus stops! I lined up correctly and some thought I was cutting the line. I explained how to line up and one guy says oh you must work for Disney! I just smiled and wanted to say no dumba**, I just know proper bus etiquette! I was happy to get back to the resort and lounge around. I did get a drink for myself and went back to the room and munched on leftover pizza and snacks. I watched some Disney+ and Andi returned around midnight!
I love how you organized everyone properly at the bus stop! Sounds like a perfect and relaxing resort evening!

That is so true! Groundhog Day over and over!
Don't forget your booties because it's COVID out there today.
I will definitely upgrade to US AP next time!!
Wise, you are.
I was surprised on that too! Even a stingray likes some positivity!
Apparently!
Oh my what is wrong with some people!
Perhaps... illiteracy?
Did she social distance when yelling at you! :rolleyes2o_O I hope so!
Actually... she did! :laughing:
I’m so glad you got your order first :thumbsup2
Actually... not only that... but the people in front of us must have heard the commotion... and weren't stupid.
They paid for our meal, so it was free. :)

am so happy you went on this trip! I would have loved to have been there and am definitely dreaming about Epic 2!
I am so glad I didn’t talk myself out of this trip, it was one of the best! I’m looking forward to Epic 2 as well!!
Oh my gosh, I would love to be at Disney this summer if it was possible. As you know, our border is closed to non essential travel and I have no idea when it will be open. I would be so happy to hear of my Disney friends enjoying our happy place. I have a trip tentatively booked for December but am looking at March as a distinct possibility instead.
I really want to go in August and be carefree and not stress, time will tell if this happens!
would love to see that movie.
Awesome Planet is definitely worth viewing, we enjoyed it!
Haha! I love it!
People Mover and LwtL obligatory feet pictures! This is a thing for sure!
What a fabulous snack, yum!
I was really happy with every choice we tried this trip from the Festival!
5 littles and pregnant, omg! I thought I was crazy back in the day with 3 under 2!
I really felt for her, not sure where dad was but that is way too many kids to be by yourself on a water ride, yikes!
I love how you organized everyone properly at the bus stop! Sounds like a perfect and relaxing resort evening!
It had to be done! The resort is so lovely it really is nice hanging around in it!
Don't forget your booties because it's COVID out there today.
I love this! I am definitely stealing it! It is COVID out here this weekend 🥶
Actually... not only that... but the people in front of us must have heard the commotion... and weren't stupid.
They paid for our meal, so it was free.
Wow, that was such a nice ending to a crummy wait in line!!

This works well at WDW, less crowded and less wait time!

::yes::
I saw the announcement for DS slowly opening soon!

I can't wait to get back. I am SO excited for my trip to Italy, but with all this that is going on, I seem to miss Disney more than ever. I need that total escape from reality and everyday life. UGH.

I think it was grains and spices it definitely was a new display in LwtL

Very interesting. I like it!!! I love how they mix things up in there and how it's a living, changing display!

You have to do Fish Lips at The Seas! :hyper:

:laughing:
We can’t fix stupid, right Liesa!! o_O

Unfortunately not. LOL!!

can't wait to get back. I am SO excited for my trip to Italy, but with all this that is going on, I seem to miss Disney more than ever. I need that total escape from reality and everyday life. UGH.
Andi and I spent over 1 hour on face time today and we talked so much about how we miss Disney and how everything Disney of late makes us tearful 😢 I need the same escape from real life and Disney is my happy place, let’s hope we can safely enjoy it soon!

The future is unknown, that’s the only certain in all this! :confused3 I haven’t changed anything yet for August. I will have to wait and see. When do you have to cancel a package? I know room only is 5 days.
I had to cancel our July holiday package and it was 56 days out. It was booked with Disney UK so I'm not exactly sure if it's the same for you. I did it the week before the final payment was due to be on the safe side. Hope this helps :)
Douglas makes me smile 😃
Douglas is gorgeous. I'm glad he makes you happy :goodvibes
They paid for our meal, so it was free. :)
Faith in humanity restored!:goodvibes
I am so glad I didn’t talk myself out of this trip, it was one of the best! I’m looking forward to Epic 2 as well!!
Sometimes it pays to be a little bit brave and venture outside our comfort zones. I'm so glad you had a great time with some epic people!
Andi and I spent over 1 hour on face time today and we talked so much about how we miss Disney and how everything Disney of late makes us tearful 😢 I need the same escape from real life and Disney is my happy place, let’s hope we can safely enjoy it soon!
You and Andi sound a lot like me and my daughter right now, It's so tough not being able to see each other and hug each other and plan trips to our happy place. We have started saving to go together (both families- my daughter is married with a 2 year old) for Christmas 2022 because we figure the world should definitely have righted itself by then! It would be Christmas 2021 but that's her husband's family's turn for Christmas. I hope to be there before then but time will tell:confused3

I’m addicted to collecting the you are here mugs, most of mine are from Disney, I have all 4 parks and now 2 for HS. I have one from Universal Orlando, New York City, and Madrid Spain. Andi got the one from Spain for me on a trip several years ago. I like how the mugs hold 12oz of coffee and cream nicely!

I love the size of the mugs, too. If you ever need England, London, or Scotland just let me know! One day I think I'll be allowed to leave my house again and go to a Starbucks!

My unsure and bewildered thoughts have to do with future trips to WDW this year. I know most of my friends on here will head back to Disney as soon as able. This is great, however, for myself I do have reservations about this. It will really depend on the restrictions and how safe I feel about traveling.

It's really a difficult time to plan travel. Being overseas, I'm starting to accept that I'll probably not be able to go back to the states this year. It's a tough pill to swallow, but I'm grateful for video chats and having Alex home and not stuck in a deployed location. I just tell myself one day Disney will be accessible and safe and then another EPIC trip can be planned! (After approximately two days of virtual learning, I very firmly told my family, "I'm not missing the next DIS get-together." :rotfl2: )

Sorry your evening at Epcot was a rainy one, but it looks like you two made the best of it. Who doesn't enjoy riding LwtL and hanging out in the aquarium?

had to cancel our July holiday package and it was 56 days out. It was booked with Disney UK so I'm not exactly sure if it's the same for you. I did it the week before the final payment was due to be on the safe side. Hope this helps
Thank you, I haven’t booked a package in many years with the AP, I didn’t need too. It looks like Disney is canceling June reservations now.
Douglas is gorgeous. I'm glad he makes you happ
He is so cute and brightens my day!
Sometimes it pays to be a little bit brave and venture outside our comfort zones. I'm so glad you had a great time with some epic people
It really is! I’m so glad I did.
You and Andi sound a lot like me and my daughter right now, It's so tough not being able to see each other and hug each other and plan trips to our happy place. We have started saving to go together (both families- my daughter is married with a 2 year old) for Christmas 2022 because we figure the world should definitely have righted itself by then!
I sure miss seeing Andi and giving her a big old hug!! I’m so thankful for all our wonderful trips together!
love the size of the mugs, too. If you ever need England, London, or Scotland just let me know! One day I think I'll be allowed to leave my house again and go to a Starbucks!
I’m having coffee in my Epcot one right now! I would love more, to bad we don’t have Tele transport! Haha! I would collect the mugs from all over.
It's really a difficult time to plan travel. Being overseas, I'm starting to accept that I'll probably not be able to go back to the states this year.
That would be very hard, I’m so glad you have your husband home during these times!
just tell myself one day Disney will be accessible and safe and then another EPIC trip can be planned! (After approximately two days of virtual learning, I very firmly told my family, "I'm not missing the next DIS get-together." :rotfl2:
I hear you! I don’t envy all the parents doing the online learning with the kids! I am thankful my kids are older at these times! Andi hates the online classes right now! She is doing some tutoring for parents with kids learning Spanish and she enjoys this! Yay! For another Epic trip in the future.
Sorry your evening at Epcot was a rainy one, but it looks like you two made the best of it. Who doesn't enjoy riding LwtL and hanging out in the aquarium?
It wasn’t to bad and Epcot is such a fun place to be no matter what!

It is Day 11, our last day! Join me for our fond farewell!

I was up and at it by 6am, showered and finished packing. I ate the rest of my carrot cake cookie this morning. We said goodbye to our room and went to airline check in. We got our boarding passes and checked our luggage. We left the carry on with bell service and headed out to the bus area for MK.

We arrived at MK around 8:10 so we missed a few minutes of EMH. I remember it was very busy for extra magic hour. We did Buzz and Andi got a mere 500,000 this time, the poor thing. I got 200,000, awesome for me. 👍 You will see a theme with our ride photos, however, I didn’t get the memo, 🤣 We were to look sad with thumbs down because it was the last day! :confused3
IMG_May152020at85221AM.jpg
We checked WtP and the line looked longer than we wanted to wait so we did Ariel, just walked on. After, we walked slowly through Fantasy Land and waited by the Tangled bathrooms to get on HM.

We had a fun ride. It was much busier than DAH where we danced with our arms wide open in the stretching room and didn’t touch anyone.
IMG_May152020at85119AM.jpg
We wanted to do Pirates, as our last ride at MK, so we went over and it was still a walk on. We love this ride!
IMG_May152020at85048AM.jpg
We stopped for a castle picture and a few treats in the Emporium. I got the red velvet cake pop and Andi got the birthday cake scone shaped like Mickey. We ate these as we left MK, we bid a fond farewell to MK and headed to AK bus stop.
IMG_May152020at85019AM.jpg
A bus was there waiting for us, yay! We headed into a busy AK. FoP was having issues and the wait time for stand by was 300 minutes, yikes. We went in the FP line and it was the first time this line was backed up. We usually don’t see another person until the merge. We waited about 20 minutes, not bad. We got to be on the upper level this time, love it up there! The ride never gets old!

We decided to have some lunch at Y&Y before our Dinosaur FP. I walked up like the VIP I am and we were seated in about 5 minutes. We decided to share the Beyond burger and I also got a side of chicken fried rice. The burger was very good, it had pepper jack cheese and a spicy ketchup on it. It came with sweet potato fries and these were really tasty. The chicken fried rice was fine, nothing great.
IMG_May152020at82218AM.jpg
Our waiter was very nice and efficient! There was a huge family next to us. They were talking about their trip and how they don’t feel the need to come back to WDW, what? Blasphemy, I say!!

We decided to end our meal with the delicious fried wonton dessert, yum!! We love this! If you try this make sure to get a taste of all the components at once. It makes the dessert so good. Scoop a little vanilla sauce, ice cream, fruit, and wonton together!
IMG_May152020at82859AM.jpg
I had bought a $150.00 gift card, as a Black Friday Special, and I got a $30.00 bonus! I also had a $25.00 reward! I am rich in Landry’s gift cards! 💰

We paid and headed out to Dinosaur, our favorite ride, haha!:love::thumbsup2
IMG_May152020at84931AM.jpg
Our last FP was meeting the special couple on Safari. This was so fun, Mickey and Minnie are so sweet. We always try to say goodbye to Mickey, in person, on our last day.
IMG_May152020at84828AM.jpg
We stopped in the gift shop and Andi bought a few treats for her roommates and we had to get last picture.
IMG_May152020at84706AM.jpg
We headed out of the park for the last time this trip. 😿 We got a bus quickly and headed back to Destino. We picked up our carry ons, chilled for a little while, and went to ME pickup at 3:15.:sad:

We had to stop at the 3 All Stars before heading to the airport. I think I took a 15 minute power nap at that time. The airport was very busy! MCO was jammed. The security was 80-90 minute wait. Thank goodness, for TSA precheck, best money I have ever spent! Andi and I were through security in about 15 minutes. We arrived at our gate and this area was so busy! The flight was right on time, big plus, and off we went to Minneapolis.

When we arrived, Chick-fil-A was right next to our gate and we had to have this. We got in line just in time. A huge line formed behind us. I enjoyed my chicken sandwich and waffle fries. Andi just had waffle fries.

Our last flight is a quick 25 minutes to Duluth. Our town literally looked liked the North Pole yuck! So. much. snow. We had got another 20 inches of snow while we were gone! Yuck! Florida’s cold snap, was not looking too bad!

We arrived home at midnight. We had another great trip in the books, Thank you Disney!!

Stay tuned for my wrap up thoughts!

I will keep this thread going a little longer so I can update our possible trips on the horizon!

Food totals today were definitely under $100.00 especially since I had all the Landry’s cash 💵!

Thank you so much for joining in on this report, it means so much!!

Last but not least a Douglas fix!! Sweetie Pie!
IMG_May152020at100722AM.jpg

OK, Douglas is so stinking cute! (You all are too, but furry friends are my heart!)

Sad to see another trip come to an end for you two. I always enjoy reading your reports.

I so want to go to WDW right now, but even if it were open I probably would not do so. I have too many underlying medical issues to chance it right now. I understand your uncertainty where this is concerned.

Looking forward to your Wrap Up of this report.

Lynn

We had a fun ride. It was much busier than DAH where we danced with our arms wide open in the stretching room and didn’t touch anyone.
Nothing better than HM!
We stopped for a castle picture and a few treats in the Emporium. I got the red velvet cake pop and Andi got the birthday cake scone shaped like Mickey. We ate these as we left MK, we bid a fond farewell to MK and headed to AK bus stop.
Love the picture!
We decided to end our meal with the delicious fried wonton dessert, yum!! We love this! If you try this make sure to get a taste of all the components at once. It makes the dessert so good. Scoop a little vanilla sauce, ice cream, fruit, and wonton together!
Yum, yum.....I love Y&Y!
We headed out of the park for the last time this trip. 😿 We got a bus quickly and headed back to Destino. We picked up our carry ons, chilled for a little while, and went to ME pickup at 3:15.:sad:
The saddest part of every trip!
Thank you so much for joining in on this report, it means so much!!

Thanks for another entertaining report! It was fun to read along. :)

Douglas is so cute!

Caroline, I have been so lax in commenting, but have been reading along with you.....

What a fabulous report from you and your lovely daughter on your trip. It`s been so much fun and have enjoyed your pictures and commentary a lot!

And fingers crossed for August going ahead......

Douglas is so cute!!!!!

And thank you for writing such lovely reports.....hope you`re all doing ok and keeping well.........:wave2:

It is Day 11, our last day! Join me for our fond farewell!
:wave: Bye!
I ate the rest of my carrot cake cookie this morning.
Breakfast of champions and bunnies.... Betting Douglas would be all over that.
We did Buzz and Andi got a mere 500,000 this time, the poor thing.
The horror! :laughing:
You will see a theme with our ride photos, however, I didn’t get the memo, 🤣 We were to look sad with thumbs down because it was the last day! :confused3
:laughing:
IMG_May152020at85221AM.jpg
Yes. She's definitely disappointed with her "mere" 500,000.
we danced with our arms wide open in the stretching room and didn’t touch anyone.
Whoa. Want!
:laughing: Like that one.
We love this ride!
IMG_May152020at85048AM.jpg
It shows! No thumbsdown!
FoP was having issues and the wait time for stand by was 300 minutes, yikes.
:eek:
I walked up like the VIP I am and we were seated in about 5 minutes.
You're so posh, Caroline.
I also got a side of chicken fried rice
Like that. Sorry it was just "meh" for you.
The burger was very good, it had pepper jack cheese and a spicy ketchup on it.
Good to know! Maybe I'll give it a try.
If and when...
There was a huge family next to us. They were talking about their trip and how they don’t feel the need to come back to WDW, what? Blasphemy, I say!!
I'm not really surprised. Probably did zero research, missed any decent ride or had to wait hours because they didn't get FPs and stayed offsite.
Yumm! Have yet to try this and have heard a few people mention it.
I had bought a $150.00 gift card, as a Black Friday Special, and I got a $30.00 bonus! I also had a $25.00 reward! I am rich in Landry’s gift cards! 💰
Ooooohhh… You is rich with bonuses!
We paid and headed out to Dinosaur, our favorite ride, haha!:love::thumbsup2
IMG_May152020at84931AM.jpg
::yes:: Hence the thumbsup in this case. :)
We headed out of the park for the last time this trip.
:( Worst part of the trip? Or is stepping on DME?

I think... DME.
The security was 80-90 minute wait.
:eek:
Thank goodness, for TSA precheck, best money I have ever spent! Andi and I were through security in about 15 minutes.
I don't know if, as a foreigner, I'd be eligible for that. Should look into it.
We had got another 20 inches of snow while we were gone!
Yuck. Don't use dirty words on the DIS.
awwww...

was up and at it by 6am, showered and finished packing. I ate the rest of my carrot cake cookie this morning. We said goodbye to our room and went to airline check in. We got our boarding passes and checked our luggage. We left the carry on with bell service and headed out to the bus area for MK.
Love the resort airline check in! We used it for the first time, what a difference!

You will see a theme with our ride photos, however, I didn’t get the memo, 🤣 We were to look sad with thumbs down because it was the last day! :confused3
The sad face with the thumbs up :laughing:

A bus was there waiting for us, yay! We headed into a busy AK. FoP was having issues and the wait time for stand by was 300 minutes, yikes. We went in the FP line and it was the first time this line was backed up. We usually don’t see another person until the merge. We waited about 20 minutes, not bad. We got to be on the upper level this time, love it up there! The ride never gets old!
Yay, love when the bus is waiting. I’ve had pretty good luck on recent trips *knock on wood* although I’ve definitely had my share of running to a bus only to find out it’s full!

Our waiter was very nice and efficient! There was a huge family next to us. They were talking about their trip and how they don’t feel the need to come back to WDW, what? Blasphemy, I say!!
That burger looked really fresh and yummy! And good riddance on that family, smaller lines for the rest of us! All the blogs are making Disney too popular!

That is definitely on my list for next time, I was way too full on my last trip since I was solo and had a full entree, but when my mom and I go back we need to try this!!

Our last FP was meeting the special couple on Safari. This was so fun, Mickey and Minnie are so sweet. We always try to say goodbye to Mickey, in person, on our last day.
This is my favorite meet and greet, I love meeting them together! I’m so sad I missed meeting them in town square in their celebration outfits:sad:

We had to stop at the 3 All Stars before heading to the airport. I think I took a 15 minute power nap at that time. The airport was very busy! MCO was jammed. The security was 80-90 minute wait. Thank goodness, for TSA precheck, best money I have ever spent! Andi and I were through security in about 15 minutes.
Wow that is crazy! I think the longest I have waited is 20-30 minutes. I’d be so stressed, I don’t have pre-check! I’m not sure how common delta clear is, but I had a coworker who was going to miss his flight due to long lines and he bought clear on his phone and then popped right to the front!

When we arrived, Chick-fil-A was right next to our gate and we had to have this. We got in line just in time. A huge line formed behind us. I enjoyed my chicken sandwich and waffle fries. Andi just had waffle fries.
We have one that opened five minutes away, their waffle fries are the best ever. Plus the chick fil a sauce, just don’t pay attention to the nutrition info for the tiny little packets :rolleyes1

Our last flight is a quick 25 minutes to Duluth. Our town literally looked liked the North Pole yuck! So. much. snow. We had got another 20 inches of snow while we were gone! Yuck! Florida’s cold snap, was not looking too bad!
That’s the worst thing to come home to, our cat sitter said our December trip was the last time she will help out for our winter trips, it would always snow over a foot and she’d have to walk through it to get into our house :sad1: So hard to leave sunny FL for snowy cold MN!

So cute! :lovestruc At least coming home to pets makes it not so bad!

Thanks for taking us along on your trip. I’ve loved reading about it. You certainly packed a lot into your last day! I’m somewhat jealous of people who can use resort airline checkin as we have to leave an extra hour or two earlier than you and lug our suitcases the whole way to the airport ourselves:crazy2:
Your ride photos made me laugh 😂 They are just brilliant. I think it’s so lovely that you and Andi get to enjoy these trips together. Special times indeed.
Crossing my fingers for you ( and the rest of us tbh) that you manage to get back to WDW in the near future:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!