“Rise” to the Challenge, FREAK!! Done and new trip report started 5/2/21

Well hello Caroline...... “it’sSmee”, I’m back :rolleyes1 and am now making my “first post” (ahem) after catching up on your TR!

2020 and Disney just did not go hand in hand, very glad we went in January before all this started. Less than 6 months and we can start fresh in 2021!

Well hello Caroline...... “it’sSmee”, I’m back :rolleyes1 and am now making my “first post” (ahem) after catching up on your TR!

2020 and Disney just did not go hand in hand, very glad we went in January before all this started. Less than 6 months and we can start fresh in 2021!
Hello and Welcome!! I’m so happy to have you here!:lovestruc
I really am torn, would love to go this year but I’m so glad to have several trips planned for next year. I am very thankful for my TA, very important to have one with all the changes! :thumbsup2 ::yes::.
Hope to see you posting a lot more Cruella!!

Hello Everyone!

I hope this post finds you all healthy and safe. ::yes::
What is everyone thinking about the first couple days of the “new” WDW? I have watched several vlogs and the crowds look very low overall.
I still have many mixed feelings about it. First, I really miss it, however, I am glad we are waiting for awhile. I think I would be worried most of the time I was there right now. I never realized how many inside attractions there are at MK and I don’t think I would feel comfortable doing those right now. I really like watching the videos and living vicariously through these people. I am thankful we can still get a little Disney magic from our home!
A little mask humor, Andi and I love Legally Blonde
Monsters Inc
IMG_Jul122020at62859PM.jpg
And just a little humor for everyone
IMG_Jul122020at62827PM.jpg
Disney posted some awesome discounts for PH’s this week. 40% off many of the currently open resorts. The Poly had such a great pric, not quite enough to book but definitely tempting.
I sure hope these type of discounts will happen in 2021.
I have decided to renew our AP’s at the end of August. I did my Disney math and the price is almost the same if I renewed or used the January 7 day Park Hopper to buy the AP. What would you all do? I worry if I don’t renew I will miss out on deep discounts for pass holders.

In my day to day real life, I am now on 2 weeks of vacation and I only have to use 3 vacation days.:cheer2:
I worked 5 days last week and next week I only need to have 3 days since I work 8 days a pay period. I have been working pretty much full time since the pandemic started so this is nice. The week after next, I will finally take my bereavement days for my dad’s memorial.
We had to cancel the beginning of June and now are just having a very small immediate family service at the cemetery. We will have a lunch at my parent’s lake place. It is a beautiful secluded place in upper Michigan.
It will be nice to see my siblings, their kids, and my mom.
My mom moved into an assisted living apartment and she loves it. She did have to quarantine for 14 days and is now able to walk around the grounds and has met some nice people there. She was so lonely at their big house in the country. This seems a good fit for her. We can’t go to the apartment but she can come back to her house for a few days for the memorial. What a crazy time this has been!
I have been walking about 4-5 miles every day to keep my sanity! It took me until now to get back to my normal 4-5 miles 5x a week since my back injury in January 2019. I am happy and thankful for this. I hope I can keep it up.
Check out my new cozie thanks to @xlsm I loved hers in her TR
IMG_Jul122020at63558PM.jpg
I love this saying and sent it to Andi
IMG_Jul122020at64641PM.png

That is it for now. I will leave you with a few favorite Disney pictures from each park!
IMG_Jul122020at62220PM.jpg

IMG_Jul122020at61856PM.jpg

IMG_Jul122020at61532PM.jpg

IMG_Jul122020at61121PM.jpg

:wave:

Hi Cruella! It's so nice to have you join us on the boards! I have heard lots about you and feel like I know you already. :) I am hoping for a Disney filled 2021 too!
I still have many mixed feelings about it. First, I really miss it, however, I am glad we are waiting for awhile. I think I would be worried most of the time I was there right now. I never realized how many inside attractions there are at MK and I don’t think I would feel comfortable doing those right now. I really like watching the videos and living vicariously through these people. I am thankful we can still get a little Disney magic from our home!
I am keeping up with all the vloggers and enjoying their take on the newly reopened parks. I just started following Prince Charming Dev and LOVE him.
In my day to day real life, I am now on 2 weeks of vacation and I only have to use 3 vacation days.:cheer2:
I worked 5 days last week and next week I only need to have 3 days since I work 8 days a pay period. I have been working pretty much full time since the pandemic started so this is nice. The week after next, I will finally take my bereavement days for my dad’s memorial.
We had to cancel the beginning of June and now are just having a very small immediate family service at the cemetery. We will have a lunch at my parent’s lake place. It is a beautiful secluded place in upper Michigan.
It will be nice to see my siblings, their kids, and my mom.
My mom moved into an assisted living apartment and she loves it. She did have to quarantine for 14 days and is now able to walk around the grounds and has met some nice people there. She was so lonely at their big house in the country. This seems a good fit for her. We can’t go to the apartment but she can come back to her house for a few days for the memorial. What a crazy time this has been!
I am glad to hear you have some vacation time, that's awesome! How nice that you will all be able to gather to honour your Dad. It'll be good to have the time as a family afterwards too.
I have been walking about 4-5 miles every day to keep my sanity! It took me until now to get back to my normal 4-5 miles 5x a week since my back injury in January 2019. I am happy and thankful for this. I hope I can keep it up.
Yay! That's a great habit to keep up. I've been doing yoga daily and then trying to alternate a walk or bike ride as well. I feel so much better when I exercise regularly.

Love all the sweet pictures of you and your girl!

Love the update Caroline! I think because I work in the ER and am around the virus every day, I worry a little less, but I am very reassured by the steps that WDW has taken to promote social distancing. The indoor queues are well laid out and the plexiglass will help. So far, I have only seen a few people on the vlogs who were not wearing a mask properly. We were debating cancelling the trip in November, but seeing the steps Disney has taken, I feel pretty secure about going, and if the parks are too crowded, we will just leave and go back to our villa at BLT.

I love Prince Charming Dev also! You should check out his vlogs from when he was a College Program CM!

Stay well! I hope the memorial service for your dad brings you peace and comfort.

Hi Cruella! It's so nice to have you join us on the boards! I have heard lots about you and feel like I know you already. :) I am hoping for a Disney filled 2021 too!
Well hello Susan! I too am super happy to be here; hmm, wonder if we may have met in another life :rolleyes1
I hope you are well up there (assuming you’re “up” from me) and in another few weeks, look out for a possible TR by yours truly!

I still have many mixed feelings about it.
I think a lot of people do. Myself included.
I never realized how many inside attractions there are at MK and I don’t think I would feel comfortable doing those right now.
I never even thought of that!
I really like watching the videos
Have you seen this one from today?
And just a little humor for everyone
IMG_Jul122020at62827PM.jpg
:laughing:
Wow! Nice!
The week after next, I will finally take my bereavement days for my dad’s memorial.
:hug:
My mom moved into an assisted living apartment and she loves it.
I'm happy to hear she's enjoying it. That can be a difficult transition.
I have been walking about 4-5 miles every day to keep my sanity! It took me until now to get back to my normal 4-5 miles 5x a week since my back injury in January 2019.
Good for you! Way to go!
I love this saying and sent it to Andi
IMG_Jul122020at64641PM.png
I love that. :)

I'm glad you can finally take those bereavement days and have a get together for your dad, Caroline. These months have been so hard on so many people in so many ways. :hug:

I LOVE that saying from moms to daughters. Mine don't appreciate Disney as much as Andi does, but it does speak my heart.

It's hard to say on the AP or not. I know we all want to go back and some of us mulitple times, but honestly right now, will it be "worth it"? Will you feel as if there's enough to make the AP worth the travel there when there just isn't a lot open right now? It's a long way to go for some rides and a pool. I dunno. I just don't. I would be comfortable going and want to, and since Italy is almost certainly off this year I probably will, but would want to see what is there before I would get an AP.

Plus... https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/new-sales-of-walt-disney-world-annual-passes-paused-for-now/

I love the cozy you picked!! And WOW, I knew I'd been off of here for a long time, but yikes - how did I miss this report?? I'll have some reading to do now, lol!!

Finally caught up. Trying to plan trips is so rough right now- I feel your pain. I think you made the right call on canceling your remaining 2020 trips. We are booked for September still right now but I'm about 95% sure we won't end up going. It is nice to have 2021 to look forward to though!

am keeping up with all the vloggers and enjoying their take on the newly reope
Today will be many more with DHS and Epcot opening. The crowd level is unbelievable!
I am glad to hear you have some vacation time, that's awesome! How nice that you will all be able to gather to honour your Dad. It'll be good to have the time as a family afterwards too.
Yes, we canceled once and my mom needs this. It will be small with just immediate family
Yay! That's a great habit to keep up. I've been doing yoga daily and then trying to alternate a walk or bike ride as well. I feel so much better when I exercise regularly.

Love all the sweet pictures of you and your girl!
I really enjoy walking,I also do yoga routinely. My yoga place has online class now and it works nicely.
Love the update Caroline! I think because I work in the ER and am around the virus every day, I worry a little less, but I am very reassured by the steps that WDW has taken to promote social distancing.
I agree! Disney has done a good job. I don’t like the air travel right now and Andi is very nervous about the virus. She loves Disney and doesn’t want to go any time soon.
We were debating cancelling the trip in November, but seeing the steps Disney has taken, I feel pretty secure about going, and if the parks are too crowded, we will just leave and go back to our villa at BLT.
I hope the trip is wonderful! BLT is a nice resort. I loved our stay there several years ago! We had a view of HEA from our balcony!
I love Prince Charming Dev also! You should check out his vlogs from when he was a College Program CM!
I watched a few of his videos the other day. He remind me a little of Tim Tracker with his positive attitude and kindness!
Stay well! I hope the memorial service for your dad brings you peace and comfort
Thank you so much. It will be good for my family
I hope you are well up there (assuming you’re “up” from me) and in another few weeks, look out for a possible TR by yours truly!
Wow a trip report, fun to hear a first timers report!! :rolleyes1
think a lot of people do. Myself included.
It looks so awesome with the low crowds, however not enough to travel for us right now! The indoor attractions would make me more nervous about the spread of the virus. The 😷 suck but are so very important. Our city of Duluth just made it mandatory to wear a mask in all public places. I agree!!
Have you seen this one from today?
I had not! Wow poor Merida and the horse. Thank goodness it didn’t end up worse! Good to see no one was hurt. Freaky incident! Who knew a balloon could cause so much trouble!
I'm happy to hear she's enjoying it. That can be a difficult transition.
We were very worried about the move for my mom. She actually enjoys the new living situation and is doing better in my opinion. She is 86 years young and needed this change. She is independent in many ways, however, having meals and housekeeping really helps!

I'm glad you can finally take those bereavement days and have a get together for your dad, Caroline. These months have been so hard on so many people in so many ways
Thank you, we had to cancel once already. It will be good to have to finally have the memorial. It will be short and sweet outside. I hope it doesn’t rain.
LOVE that saying from moms to daughters. Mine don't appreciate Disney as much as Andi does, but it does speak my heart.
I fell in love with it! Andi loves all things related to Disney except going there right now, lol 😆
It's hard to say on the AP or not. I know we all want to go back and some of us mulitple times, but honestly right now, will it be "worth it"? Will you feel as if there's enough to make the AP worth the travel there when there just isn't a lot open right now?
It is tough! I think I will renew because of the extra month we get. Even if we go 1-2 times the AP pays for itself. I am sure we can make use of it next year! If all goes as planned (fingers crossed) we would have 3-4 trips on the AP.
It's a long way to go for some rides and a pool. I dunno. I just don't. I would be comfortable going and want to, and since Italy is almost certainly off this year I probably will, but would want to see what is there before I would get an AP.
I’m sorry to hear about the Italy trip! It sounds like the world situation will remain tenuous throughout the fall and winter! Ugh 😩
I love the cozy you picked!! And WOW, I knew I'd been off of here for a long time, but yikes - how did I miss this report?? I'll have some reading to do now, lol!!
I love the cozie. I couldn’t order from your first 2 choices because they are on a break. This one was from Windy Willow Crochet. I hope to order a few more!
Good to get an update from you! I'm glad you are getting some time off and will get to go see your family for your dad's memorial
Thank you Alexis!
Finally caught up. Trying to plan trips is so rough right now- I feel your pain. I think you made the right call on canceling your remaining 2020 trips. We are booked for September still right now but I'm about 95% sure we won't end up going. It is nice to have 2021 to look forward to though!
So true! The low crowds is so tempting, however, we live so far away and the travel and quarantine part a big negative 👎 right now!
Disney is our happy place and I want to keep it that way. I don’t want to be nervous the whole trip! I hope the low crowd atmosphere continues into next year. I can dream right!

The 😷 suck but are so very important. Our city of Duluth just made it mandatory to wear a mask in all public places. I agree!!
I'm a bit surprised as your numbers are quite low. Unless I'm reading the wrong ones? I saw St. Louis County (is that right?) at 241 confirmed and 16 deaths.
I had not! Wow poor Merida and the horse. Thank goodness it didn’t end up worse! Good to see no one was hurt. Freaky incident! Who knew a balloon could cause so much trouble!
Such a freak accident. I mean, I can see the horse flinching a bit if the balloon just floated by, but... for the balloon not to go straight up and for it to get tangled in the horse's legs? Practically zero chance! I'd have said zero if it hadn't happened.
We were very worried about the move for my mom. She actually enjoys the new living situation and is doing better in my opinion. She is 86 years young and needed this change. She is independent in many ways, however, having meals and housekeeping really helps!
:hug:

I'm a bit surprised as your numbers are quite low. Unless I'm reading the wrong ones? I saw St. Louis County (is that right?) at 241 confirmed and 16 deaths.
Yes we live in St. Louis County and it is a big county. We just recently had an increase and it is mostly related to a mandated initiative by the governor for all congregated living facilities to be tested. The deaths unfortunately are almost all from one NH in the area and the average age was over 80.

Yes we live in St. Louis County and it is a big county. We just recently had an increase and it is mostly related to a mandated initiative by the governor for all congregated living facilities to be tested. The deaths unfortunately are almost all from one NH in the area and the average age was over 80.
While deaths are never good... that's actually a "kinda" comforting statistic. Sorta...

Hi Caroline! I just snagged one of those AP resort rates for September. Since our passes were extended another 30 days, this puts our AP's good through Sept 26, which covers our dates. So, I had our Favorite TA change us from Pop to the Contemporary for like $150 more. #winning

Hi Caroline! I just snagged one of those AP resort rates for September. Since our passes were extended another 30 days, this puts our AP's good through Sept 26, which covers our dates. So, I had our Favorite TA change us from Pop to the Contemporary for like $150 more. #winning
Jenny, the AP rates are so good! I was really tempted to book The Poly! I will be living vicariously through you! If the AP rates continue into November I may have to just do it! I sure hope some big discounts continue for 2021!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter