“Rise” to the Challenge, FREAK!! Done and new trip report started 5/2/21

We will hopefully be going 8/17-8/24 and staying at The Boardwalk Inn, yay! We will get new AP’s with our tickets from this package and eat a lot of food!!
I booked the California Grill for us at HEA time, excited about this! I may crack and get MNSSHP tickets for the 18th, I love that party even with all the crowds! The parade is so fun and trick or treating like a little kid 🧒 oh my I love that!
I think we will add a night at the beginning of the trip to spend at US. We will stay at one of the Deluxe resorts for the express pass!
That sounds so great! I cancelled my July trip and while I am sad about it, I have to be realistic. At this point I would be very surprised if our border is open to non essential travel by that point.

Our dates would be 11/21-11/28 so a Thanksgiving Trip. I would like to stay in the Epcot area again. The prices are high at this time. The Swan has a good deal compared to the Disney resorts right now. I will keep looking for a good room price. My sister may join us for this one! We would love to do a Candlelight Processional and a Christmas party if there is one.
Lovely! When I cancelled July, I booked a 5 day/ 4 night trip in a one bedroom villa at Boulder Ridge (Dec 18-23) for Bill and I. We are hoping for the Candlelight Processional, Christmas party CG dinner etc. I am hoping it happens but time will tell.
The divers were getting ready to feed the fish in the aquarium and we really enjoyed watching this. It was the first time we experienced the feedings. Our timing was perfect. We took our time looking around the aquarium before heading out.
What perfect timing! I love that you got to see that. :)
This evening was a quiet one for me. I never left the room. I relaxed and stayed warm watching TV.

Andi left me around 6pm to meet her friend at DS, they did some shopping and went to the movie. I’m not sure what movie it was.

I ate snacks in the room. I had cheese and crackers, chips, and candy. Perfect TV watching food. It was a well needed lounge night at the resort for me.
Relaxing resort nights are awesome.
We walked right into a Character Palooza in WS, this was so fun. We met all the characters that were out.
This is a fun and casual way to meet some favorites!
Character Palooza is the best!! :goodvibes
Here are a few more pictures of our Epcot morning, Morocco passport, the living statues, obligatory bubble gum wall photos and the last one isn’t the best but I wanted to show you all my night view from the room. Fireworks from MK in the far background!
Sounds perfect....these great stories and memories from our happy place are what is keeping me going right now. :hug:

I cancelled my July trip and while I am sad about it, I have to be realistic. At this point I would be very surprised if our border is open to non essential travel by that point.
Ugh so sorry about this! I thought of you earlier when Disney cancelled their Alaska sailings through the end of June due to the Canadian ports not allowing them to dock, so I would be hesitant about keeping July if I were you too unfortunately.
I booked a 5 day/ 4 night trip in a one bedroom villa at Boulder Ridge (Dec 18-23) for Bill and I. We are hoping for the Candlelight Processional, Christmas party CG dinner etc. I am hoping it happens but time will tell.
But good news too! I know that one will happen :goodvibes Steve wants to go down for the holiday stuff again this year but I think we'd go earlier in Dec.

Ugh so sorry about this! I thought of you earlier when Disney cancelled their Alaska sailings through the end of June due to the Canadian ports not allowing them to dock, so I would be hesitant about keeping July if I were you too unfortunately.
It had to be done...even if the borders were open, my sister (who is an ER doc) is advising against any out of country travel this summer. At this point, province to province travel is not allowed. I am holding out hope that I will get to my cottage in PEI at the very least.
But good news too! I know that one will happen :goodvibes Steve wants to go down for the holiday stuff again this year but I think we'd go earlier in Dec.
I loved Disney at Christmas last year. Plus it will be so nice to be there with Bill. Getting to stay at WL during Christmas is the icing on the cake! So it is something really lovely to look forward to. :)

Look what Andi and I were doing 4 years ago this week, Ahh such happy times, my sweet girl looks so young!
This literally makes me so happy and so sad all at the same time. I’m trying to stay positive and wow it can be hard.
Miss our happy place!!
IMG_Apr72020at62627AM.jpg
I hope everyone has a good day and keep thinking about all your wonderful Disney memories!!

The parks and resorts are so big and so detailed that I am still constantly finding new things.
Totally agree, so many areas to explore
Absolutely. Almost scary, actually.
This is why I don’t like RD for these rides, the people are crazy!
Which will be whenever WHO knows? Pun intended. In all seriousness, I'm worried about my trip to Italy in September. If international travel is out... not sure.
I don’t know what to think, part of me thinks it will be like this until a vaccine is ready! I hate that thought!
OH...! Sweet set up!
I do love to stay at an Epcot resort!
Perfect! Deluxe is the only way to go there.
The Express Pass bonus with the deluxe is really worth it!
I love the little shops! I don't spend a ton of time in each one but there really is some unique stuff in them. Aside, of course, from the American and Canadian ones. :rolleyes:
I’m glad it was colder and we spent some times in the shops!
That looks so amazing!
The pizza was so yummy!
am so excited to finally have all of that done. I wonder if during all of this they are working on it and maybe the pace has even picked up? I hope so!
It will be so cool to see the new and improved Epcot. I hope it is and I’m not longing for the old Epcot!
So I see!
Good photo shop with the gloves on my ears. :rotfl: :hyper:
I’m not sure what to call these, they cover the ears but aren’t big like ear muffs!

Awesome! I can't wait until we can go to our happy place again.
Same here, I sure hope the August trip works out!
Wow 21! I took my sister for her 21st birthday and spending it in Epcot was so special. She had her first legal drink in France and the CMs really played it up.
It is hard to believe she will be 21! Her dream is a first legal drink in WS.
Oo I love when that happens!
It is so fun to meet the characters all at once!

Caroline, still reading along!!
Yay! Glad to have you here!
Love all your pics as always and the palooza looked so much fun!!!
It really was a treat to run into all the characters! We enjoyed this!
have to admit, I wear a hat constantly in the winter....couldn't go out without one. And you suit a hat too.....
Andi wears a hat all the time in the winter, I really should, you are so sweet!
Fingers crossed for your August trip......I truly hope you get to that trip a sit sounds wonderful.…...Andi 21???? How did that happen.
Yes! Sometimes I wonder if we will be traveling at all until a vaccine is safe and effective, I sure hope not!
So hard to believe Andi will be 21! I have to admit having a margarita together in WS will be nice!

Thank you, Caroline! :sad: She's getting married June 3... well, that's when it's scheduled. I think we've all came to the realization that won't actually be happening
Oh Tracy, I’m so sorry! Sometimes I wonder if we will be able to travel at all until a vaccine! :sad:
SAME! I've so rarely ventured into the Italy shops. I think they intimidate me
I was surprised at myself! We have been in Italy so many times at WS and no shops. Very cute little shops!
hope you're staying safe and well, Caroline! I think about you every time I show up for a mask-making volunteer shift :goodvibes The world is so lucky to have people like you
Thank you so much for helping to make masks, very important!
My days are stressful. We had a nurse just quit because of this! I hope we see some curve flattening soon!!

Lovely Epcot print you purchased!

Sounds like a good lunch!

Great characterpalooza pics! I love your Marie shirt :)
I really loved that print! It really shows the best parts of Epcot in my opinion!
Via Napoli is always so good, we have always had a good pizza!
My Marie sweatshirt came in handy. I love it for lounging at home it is so comfy!

Look what Andi and I were doing 4 years ago this week, Ahh such happy times, my sweet girl looks so young!
This literally makes me so happy and so sad all at the same time. I’m trying to stay positive and wow it can be hard.
Miss our happy place!!
View attachment 486203
I hope everyone has a good day and keep thinking about all your wonderful Disney memories!!
AWww such sweetness! I love this! :)

That sounds so great! I cancelled my July trip and while I am sad about it, I have to be realistic. At this point I would be very surprised if our border is open to non essential travel by that point.
I totally get it. I wonder if it will ever be safe to travel before a vaccine is ready! Makes me sad 😞
Lovely! When I cancelled July, I booked a 5 day/ 4 night trip in a one bedroom villa at Boulder Ridge (Dec 18-23) for Bill and I. We are hoping for the Candlelight Processional, Christmas party CG dinner etc. I am hoping it happens but time will tell.
I’m so glad you planned a Christmas time trip. I hope our Thanksgiving trip happens. I really want to do a Christmas Processional again. I loved this!
What perfect timing! I love that you got to see that
The fish feeding was very cool to observe!
Relaxing resort nights are awesome
So true!
Character Palooza is the best
I’m so glad we stumbled onto this! It was really fun!
Sounds perfect....these great stories and memories from our happy place are what is keeping me going right now.
Same here! I keep getting pictures from our spring break trips and it makes me so happy!
This too shall pass.
Ahh Thank you Pkondz, I sure hope so!!

This is why I don’t like RD for these rides, the people are crazy!

They can be for sure. I only see a real need for it for SGE anymore, really.

I don’t know what to think, part of me thinks it will be like this until a vaccine is ready! I hate that thought!

Which could be a bit of a spell. :(

The pizza was so yummy!

I think I order wrong every time.

It will be so cool to see the new and improved Epcot. I hope it is and I’m not longing for the old Epcot!

I hope there is a fountain at the very least. I really enjoyed watching those shows as the music scores for them were always fantastic. I am excited for the the Remy and GoG rides too.

I have lived in Minnesota all my life and I have not worn a winter hat since I was a kid. Stubborn I am! My curly hair and face shape don’t look good in a hat 🎩. I don’t even own a winter hat.

Wow, what?? That's crazy! I wear one and don't care how I look…I hate being cold!

We decided on a small margherita style pizza with mushrooms and olives. I also ordered the ciabatta bread with olive oil and balsamic.
IMG_Apr32020at82956PM.jpg

The bread came quickly, thank goodness, since I was ready to eat anything at this point! We had a very nice waitress, she was earning her ears and was doing a great job. The bread was very good.

Yum! Allie and I got that bread with the oil and balsamic in December and we loved it! So yummy!

It made me excited to experience all these attractions in the future. Ahh writing this makes me a little sad 😢 especially missing Flower and Garden this year.

:sad1:

Andi bought me the Star Wars refillable mug this trip. She surprised me with it at OKW. She felt bad because I was stressed with all the problems we were having. I thought this was so sweet of her!

That was super sweet of her.

We walked right into a Character Palooza in WS, this was so fun. We met all the characters that were out.

How fun! I love the pics!

I love your old pics. I've been getting tons of memory pics on facebook this week since we often travel in April. It makes me both happy and sad at the same time. I hope you are well :hug:

I fell behind but I'm all caught up again! Doing the virtual learning with Landon takes up a lot of time, but luckily he's been on Spring Break so I've had time to get on the DIS.

Your room at Gran Destino looked gorgeous. All that open space in front of the sinks!

Sorry it was such a cold night for After Hours and Epcot. Had to be weird to stand in the parks freezing when you visit during August, the hottest and muggiest month! What a contrast...

Hooray for getting a Via Napoli lunch. Such yummy pizza. What I wouldn't give for a slice right now.

Funny story, a few weeks ago Evie saw my bottle of hot sauce in the fridge and asked to try some. Now she's in love with the stuff and insists on putting it on everything she can. When she first asked, I thought about Andi and all your mentionings of her hot sauce love. Apparently, I'm fostering a daughter with a similar obsession. :rotfl2:

Wow, what?? That's crazy! I wear one and don't care how I look…I hate being cold!
I know! I do wear a nice cashmere scarf and ear muffs and limit my outside time to 10 minutes during our really cold days. :rotfl:
Yum! Allie and I got that bread with the oil and balsamic in December and we loved it! So yummy!
It was really good and we were both so hungry by this time!
That was super sweet of her.
It was and I really like it. I use it quite a bit and we got our money’s worth on the trip!
How fun! I love the pics!
Ahh Thanks, so fun and the weather was so beautiful 😍
love your old pics. I've been getting tons of memory pics on facebook this week since we often travel in April. It makes me both happy and sad at the same time. I hope you are well
I have had many pictures pop up to! We always travel around this time, makes me miss Disney so much! I miss my sweet Andi, she is afraid to come home because of my job! I can’t shelter in place as a nurse (as you know) so she is staying at her house in Eau Claire. She is really nervous about this and I don’t blame her. I am as well. We had a nurse just quit the other day because of this. It is scary. We haven’t had any cases in our Home Care Thank goodness! Our town is small and I think we have 12 confirmed cases in our whole County. Still scary! Stay safe and healthy my fellow RN!!
Positive Disney thoughts from me to you. :love:

Your room at Gran Destino looked gorgeous. All that open space in front of the sinks!
I loved the room design. They really thought about storage and utilizing the space efficiently.
Sorry it was such a cold night for After Hours and Epcot. Had to be weird to stand in the parks freezing when you visit during August, the hottest and muggiest month! What a contrast...
It was so different from our August after hours! It was really cold!
Hooray for getting a Via Napoli lunch. Such yummy pizza. What I wouldn't give for a slice right now.
So yummy! One of our favorites!
Funny story, a few weeks ago Evie saw my bottle of hot sauce in the fridge and asked to try some. Now she's in love with the stuff and insists on putting it on everything she can. When she first asked, I thought about Andi and all your mentionings of her hot sauce love. Apparently, I'm fostering a daughter with a similar obsession.
Haha! Funny, Andi is obsessed with hot sauce. I am bringing some little bottles of Frank Hot sauce on our next trip for her. :lmao:
Here she is with a favorite at Coronado Springs!
IMG_Apr102020at64241PM.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!