“Rise” to the Challenge, FREAK!! Done and new trip report started 5/2/21

Completely OT......but......:thanks:

For mentioning The Last Kingdom.......started it tonight and was addicted within minutes......haven’t even finished the first episode yet, and we‘re hooked!!!

Big thanks......::yes::
Ahh you are welcome! I love it!
It’s so good, I watched season 1 over and now I am starting season 2!

I was worried too when we stayed there, but we got casitas building 3 and it was perfect! I took some early morning strolls around with my coffee to explore while my fiancé slept and definitely plan on staying there again someday! (In the tower next time!!)
I didn’t know about asking to make things vegetarian! I always look at menus before and pick from what they offer, next time I’m going to try some new stuff. I’m hoping F&W will be going on this year!
I hope she gets to have her magical birthday sippin’ around WS!!:sunny:
I agree, the place is huge except it really is a nice resort and easy to get around it.
We have learned so much about vegetarian dishes at WDW! You can even get Ohana dinner completely vegetarian!
Here is to hoping our trips for the rest of this year work out!
A Disney loving girl like Andi loves to spend her Birthday at WDW especially this one!

Thanks again for a great read Caroline! I hope everything is working out okay for Andi at UWEC.
After battling this virus since the end of February, I am exhausted and can't wait for our vacation in November!
Take care of yourself! :wave2:
Thank you for reading and most importantly, for being a frontline worker!
I worked in ICU/PACU for many years! I now work in a big Hospital based Home Care. I love it for the most part. We have been very busy during this time. I am working this weekend and Memorial Day.
Andi is doing good, she has been doing some online tutoring for kids learning Spanish and she does enjoy this. She has stayed in EC during all this. She rents a house and there is only Andi and 1 other roommate. I hope to see her soon!
I really want to go on our August trip! Fingers crossed we feel safe in doing so. I have to say wearing a mask 😷 is a detriment since I have to wear one all the time now!

You're nailing the pics this day!
So true! Andi just rolled her eyes 👀 For all the times I have been I still can’t get the picture timing or pose right! :hyper:
What?? Clearly, they didn't do it right!
No Kidding. I believe people do not plan at all for WDW trips and are truly let down when they can’t do everything! Plan ahead people it is so fun, right!!
This is the best picture! Your face! And the kid in the front row!
We do love ❤️ Dinosaur!
Oh lord, no! And yet, I was just telling Mike…I would take any snowstorm over this crappy pandemic!

Douglas is adorable!
I would take the love bugs, snow, rain, and cold, instead of this stupid virus 🦠
Douglas does ease some stress for me even if I only see him in pictures!!

That sounds like heaven! :cloud9: I can't remember the last time I was in the stretching room without feeling the breath of a stranger on my neck
It was amazing to have the whole stretching room to ourselves at after hours!
don't even have a reference point for that kind of thought process :confused3:laughing: But that's okay. Stay home, huge family, and let the rest of us have Disney to ourselves
I totally agree! Some People don’t plan at all for Disney, non planners stay home! Haha 😂
At least a small silver lining to the trip being over. Love Chick-fil-A and there aren't any around where I live
We don’t have any around us either so it is a treat to have it on our trips!
Tracy, Thank you so much for always being a part of my reports, I love conversing with you, in person and online!!

The Most Horrible Process.
Packing up to return home is never a fun part!
And the FP line didn't sound a whole lot better!
I can’t imagine waiting 300 minutes for anything period!!
Just.... how? So many people turn into haters because they just are so clueless about HOW to do a Disney vacation and what to reasonably expect. Sad.
Exactly! Plan people, it is so much fun to plan! Less people there the better!
Such a sad walk of shame. :( All trip's must come to an end, but it's never easy to see it happen.
It really is sad leaving the parks and waiting on the tragical Depress!! I usually always have another trip in the works so not as sad for us! This year, however, it maybe are only Disney trip! That is sad
finally just got all caught up!! Sounds like you had a great rest of the trip (that Deconstructed Strawberry Cheesecake was my fav dessert during our last visit). I'm crossing my fingers that you guys will be able to go again soon ::yes:: !
Thanks so much for following along! We loved the dessert, the picture was staged, haha! We had already dug in!
I am also hoping our trips for the rest of this year work out! Fingers crossed 🤞

I can’t imagine waiting 300 minutes for anything period!!

Nope! Never have, never will!
Exactly! Plan people, it is so much fun to plan! Less people there the better!

YES!
It really is sad leaving the parks and waiting on the tragical Depress!! I usually always have another trip in the works so not as sad for us! This year, however, it maybe are only Disney trip! That is sad

It makes me sad too. I am enjoying planning for Italy, but I have other places I want to go, and right now, it's just too impossible to plan much else. Even Italy is pretty dicey. :(

It makes me sad too. I am enjoying planning for Italy, but I have other places I want to go, and right now, it's just too impossible to plan much else. Even Italy is pretty dicey.
I am really missing Disney right now. I hope your trip to Italy happens!!

Got here just in time for the end! 😂 I’ve been missing WDW (as is probably everyone else in this board!) and have been living vicariously through everyone’s trip reports, binging them but staying a lurker. However, had to comment on yours once I saw you were from Duluth (me too!) Fun to find a local Disney fan!

Got here just in time for the end! 😂 I’ve been missing WDW (as is probably everyone else in this board!) and have been living vicariously through everyone’s trip reports, binging them but staying a lurker. However, had to comment on yours once I saw you were from Duluth (me too!) Fun to find a local Disney fan!
Thanks for reading along! Yay for a local Disney lover! It is such a nice get away from this area!

Hello Everyone!

I hope this finds everyone well and safe.

I would like to recap our trip. The good, the bad, and the mediocre. Cue the ominous music 🎶😂. Just kidding, nothing was ominous or sinister, except maybe HM, which is supposed to be. o_O

OKW was our first resort stay of the trip. It was our first time staying here.

Positive thoughts beautiful grounds, comfortable beds, two queen beds (which is not the norm for DVC studio), boat transportation to DS, very good price (bought points from an owner here on the Dis) and it did not feel crowded at all.

Negative thoughts very spread out, long bus rides, ice machine very far from the room, small TV, minimal storage, air conditioners outside of the room, paper thin walls, long walks everywhere, dirty room (when we arrived), and the inability to get a different room when the obnoxious family moved in.

This was a one and done resort for us. I am glad we tried it and it is now checked off my list. I am getting closer to staying at all the resorts. Currently I have The All Stars, Wilderness Lodge and Saratoga Springs left to try. I think that is it. I haven’t stayed in the DVC portion of WL, Poly, GF and I haven’t stayed in the resort portion of BWI. I think that covers it.

CSR was our second resort we stayed at this trip. We stayed just 1 night in a standard room. My positive thoughts include comfortable beds, big smart TV, lots of storage, big counter top, quiet 🤫, close to a bus stop and main lobby. The only negative was a bunch of air conditioners (yes again) were close to the room. These were loud outside but thank goodness we didn’t hear the noise in the room.

Destino Tower (part of CSR) was our third stay. My positive thoughts include beautiful lobby, interior rooms, everything is still so new, comfortable beds, smart TV, awesome view, great shower, lots of storage, quiet, moderate price with a deluxe feel. The only negative was the buses, long waits at times, that is really it!

The ice machines were so close to the room at both of these places, yay 😃 We will definitely be staying in the tower again, maybe in November! (If we go then):thumbsup2

Hard ticket events review

The HEA dessert party, this was so worth the cost in my opinion.

I loved everything about it. The sitting during the fireworks show was worth every penny. I will definitely do this again in the future.

The DAH at MK was also so worth the cost. This was awesome and I loved everything about it. The cold weather was the only negative.

This event allows you too enjoy MK with very minimal crowds. We rode everything we wanted and enjoyed the “free” snacks. Popcorn, ice cream, and soda drinks are included. We also got to spend time with Dis friends, so fun!:grouphug:

Festival of Arts or FArts 🤣 was a fun time as well. This is a newer festival in Epcot during later January and February. We enjoyed the food and exhibits. This maybe the only Festival at Disney this year and I am so glad we spent time there. I bought a small piece of art and love it. The mushroom risotto and Brie bowl were my favorite festival food

The Topolino breakfast at The Riviera was new and we loved it! The Wave lunch was also a new dining experience this trip. We really enjoyed and would recommend. Via Napoli, Nomads, and Y&Y continue to be three of our favorite places and did not disappoint this trip.

We really didn’t have anything that was bad. I would say House of Blues was the least memorable. There are so many places I want to try and hope we can one of these days!

Best new attraction, (only new attraction) was Rise of the Resistance. This was amazing and so immersive. I loved it!

The getting up super early was the only negative.

Doing a DVC tour was new this trip and worth it. We got to see the new Riviera rooms. We also got 4 FP each and $150.00 gift card.

The first few days and the last few days were less crowded. The crowds really picked up close to the MLK holiday. It was busy and crowded at times. The weather turned cold and lasted for 3 days and it was really cold for Florida. It was still better than Minnesota.

This was a very fun trip and once again traveling with Andi was awesome. I get tearful thinking about it and how so much has changed since this trip.

I am also very grateful to have spent time with some Dis friends! Jock Lindsey’s Hanger bar was new to me and I enjoyed the atmosphere and the company. Overall such a wonderful trip. I think this was my 24th or 25th trip to WDW and I loved it again as usual!

Traveling to this place, never gets old to me!

Once again, thank you everyone for joining in and stay tuned for updates on our possible August and November trips!

Here are the shirts I bought and my Star Wars refillable cup that Andi bought me.
IMG_May302020at94145AM.jpg

IMG_May302020at20356PM.jpg

IMG_May302020at20833PM.jpg

IMG_May302020at20603PM.jpg

IMG_May302020at20457PM.jpg
Disney pictures from the different seasons,
I miss it so much
Spring
IMG_May302020at95750AM.jpg
Summer
IMG_May302020at94719AM.jpg
Fall
IMG_May302020at95237AM.jpg
Halloween
IMG_May302020at95048AM.jpg
Christmas
IMG_May302020at94941AM.jpg

Coming up Disney took away my free dining and all my ADRS!:confused3 Do I care?

Last edited:
Beautiful wrap-up, Caroline. :) I loved ALL of your TR. There was a lot of goods, bads and "huh?"s.

Currently I have The All Stars, Wilderness Lodge and Saratoga Springs left to try. I think that is it.
You're WAY ahead of me. I have loads still to go and will keep chipping away at it.

I loved everything about it. The sitting during the fireworks show was worth every penny. I will definitely do this again in the future.

Definitely keeping my eye on this one. I really wonder if these ticketed events are going to return at all and when, if so.

This event allows you too enjoy MK with very minimal crowds. We rode everything we wanted and enjoyed the “free” snacks. Popcorn, ice cream, and soda drinks are included. We also got to spend time with Dis friends, so fun!:grouphug:

I think if I was to get another AP, I'd probably throw in some evening events and try them out.

Doing a DVC tour was new this trip and worth it. We got to see the new Riviera rooms. We also got 4 FP each and $150.00 gift card.

This is another thing I've never done and would probably consider now, except there won't be FPs anymore. At least not for a while anyway I think. Maybe a cash incentive? Not sure. Not going to buy for SURE, especially when we know what a Pandemic can do to your priveleges, but a tour would be fun.

Brilliant wrap up! I loved reading your report from beginning to end, through the bad to the good! You got some gorgeous shirts and it was very sweet of Andi to buy you the Star Wars mug :goodvibes
Fabulous photos of you both-love the Halloween costumes. I’m somewhat jealous that you have been in all seasons.
Looking forward to your next trip whenever you decide to take it. 😊

Enjoyed following along! Seems there were many highs and very few lows. We moved our March trip to September. Just got an email from Disney about the new reservation system. I'll probably wait to see how things go for others before deciding whether to move it back - again. The mask wearing is the biggest negative for me :confused3

What a wonderful trip wrap-up. I Love that after so many trips, you still enjoy traveling to WDW so much, and find new things to try! That's why DIS people are my favorites :) They never ask why you'd bother going again and again. There is ALWAYS something new (and old favorites to visit!)

I hope this finds everyone well and safe.
We are. :)
Positive thoughts beautiful grounds, comfortable beds, two queen beds (which is not the norm for DVC studio), boat transportation to DS, very good price (bought points from an owner here on the Dis) and it did not feel crowded at all.
Agree to all that.
Negative thoughts very spread out, long bus rides, ice machine very far from the room, small TV, minimal storage, air conditioners outside of the room, paper thin walls, long walks everywhere, dirty room (when we arrived), and the inability to get a different room when the obnoxious family moved in.
We didn't have those negatives. We stayed close to the main building, didn't notice the bus rides being overly long, didn't use the TV, didn't have storage issues, didn't notice paper thin walls.
Destino Tower (part of CSR) was our third stay. My positive thoughts include beautiful lobby, interior rooms, everything is still so new, comfortable beds, smart TV, awesome view, great shower, lots of storage, quiet, moderate price with a deluxe feel.
Good to know. May have to put that on the list.
The HEA dessert party, this was so worth the cost in my opinion.
::yes::
Festival of Arts or FArts 🤣
:thumbsup2
The Wave lunch was also a new dining experience this trip. We really enjoyed and would recommend.
I've walked past it a few times... maybe should pop in. :)
You did better than I did. I got the FPs but not the $$$.
Once again, thank you everyone for joining in
And thanks for writing this TR! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!