“This place better not burn down before I get my entrée!" – A DLR Feb16 TR (8/25 Wrap-up & new TR)

So – a quick wrap up. The trip was really a wonderful trip. It’s always for to mix a Disneyland trip with some other sort of trip. It was great to have my mom along and get to show her a good time. DD was less than enthusiastic a lot of the time, but we’ve gotten used to that.

High marks to staying at the Grand California and also to the Club 33 visit (and our patron saint who got us the reservation). Also high marks to Disneyland in general, the trip just proved that it is still the crème of the crop.

Low marks to the weather. At first it was way too hot, then it was rainy, then it was cold. Reallly I would say we had only one or two days that were “just right”. C’mon SoCal, we expect better.

The other things we did (WB Tour, Legoland, Seaworld) were all not nearly as nice as Disneyland, but were all still fun. I would recommend all 3 for those that have never been, though Legoland I would say only if you have kids between 3 and 9 years old, otherwise it is a definite pass.

And so that’s it. Except we are about 50 days away from yet another Disney Trip. I haven’t done a Pre-Trip Report this time – but I am cheating and starting off with a Trip Report . Here’s the link…

DIS MEETS GALORE - A New Trip Report for October 15 - 23rd, 2016

Awesome California trip Pete! I loved following along and hopefully soon I can get out to Disneyland. I totally agree with you on the seaworld/PETA thing.

Can't wait to hear about the next trip.

That was quick! I do agree about your comments on the whales and Sea World, but no one asks what I think.

Getting excited about October!

Loved all your Seaworld pics! sounds like a great and fun time there.

Thanks for sharing your SoCal trip, especially the Disneyland part.

I have read your TR over the last two days. Thanks so much for all the tips. We are planning a "trip of a lifetime" for next summer and have been agonizing over the hotel. Tropicana was on our maybe list, but it sounds like I need to move it to the definite list. It is within our price range.

We were also trying to decide to Disney at beginning or end, but after reading your report I am thinking we will do all non-Disney things first and then do our last 4 days in DLR.

Thanks again, I enjoyed reading your TR.

I have read your TR over the last two days. Thanks so much for all the tips. We are planning a "trip of a lifetime" for next summer and have been agonizing over the hotel. Tropicana was on our maybe list, but it sounds like I need to move it to the definite list. It is within our price range.

We were also trying to decide to Disney at beginning or end, but after reading your report I am thinking we will do all non-Disney things first and then do our last 4 days in DLR.

Thanks again, I enjoyed reading your TR.

Your welcome. Happy to help with advice if you need any. I definitely would suggest doing Disneyland last if you can - I think you will enjoy things like Seaworld and Legoland (if that's what you choose) better if you haven't just experienced the best.

We had the good fortune to be able to stay at the Grand Californian, and it is certainly very nice, but we've stayed at the Tropicana three times now, and I have nothing but good things to say about it. It's sort of like staying at a Disney Value resort in WDW, except that the walk to the park entrance is the same as the walk to the food court. To me, if I can't get a DVC room it would be the place I would choose. Four days at DLR seems just right. I wish we had been able to do that. Hopefully the railroad and Rivers of America will be back open for your visit.

We aren't going until next August so I will be watching the refurb schedules :-)

We were't planning on Legoland or Sea World this trip. We just returned for Legoland Florida and my son who is 12 was BORED OUT OF HIS MIND, despite being a Lego fanatic.

We aren't going until next August so I will be watching the refurb schedules :-)

We were't planning on Legoland or Sea World this trip. We just returned for Legoland Florida and my son who is 12 was BORED OUT OF HIS MIND, despite being a Lego fanatic.

The good thing about going in the summer is that frequently everything is open. The bad thing is the crowds. When you have dates, compared them to the blackout dates for AP holders. One thing I learned about Disneyland is less crowded days aren't always the days you would think. Saturdays in the summer are often on AP blackout, while Sundays are not, so Saturdays are often NOT crowded while Sundays are. IF you can go to the park on a date that's an AP blackout date, that should keep the crowds down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter