“Told you I did. Reckless is (s)he.” - November 2017 Trips - 12/30 Bonus - Magnolia (Italy Trip)

Thanks for clueing me in! Will come back and read bt at least I'm subbed in here!

Yay!

I really love the concept and beverages at Hanger Bar, but seriously the service leaves a lot to be desired :(
That room looks really nice!

I do love the beverages there! When sitting at the bar - I've gotten great service. I think I'll stick to bar seating going forward if possible.

Bummer about all the extra work hours.

We are breaking tradition and spending Thanksgiving evening at AK and eating at a favorite of ours Yak and Yeti!

Glad you enjoyed your drinks once you got them!

Yeah - since coming back on Tuesday - it has not been a fun time around here. Way too much stress all around and too much demands to the point even the most calm people are lashing out. Not healthy!

Yak & Yeti is a fun choice! My husband and I have a tradition on Thanksgiving of eating Waffle House or IHOP as our Thanksgiving Meal. The years of him working Black Friday have caused those traditions.

Sorry to hear the work news- hope it doesn’t mess up any of your plans. I still haven’t tried Hangar Bar! That watermelon drink sounds delightful. So many great spots in Disney Springs now with more places under construction.

I'm not going to let it mess up my plans are there is already money involved and my mom's mental state involved. Not risking that!

I love all the additions to Disney Springs! They have totally turned that place around from the dark years post Pleasure Island.

Boo to your work for bad news all around. But gals you made good time to Disney!

Fran really liked the Cool Headed Monkey and it is a cool mug. Too bad your server was inept.

I guess there is a reason they call it work right?

Glad Fran enjoyed the Monkey as well :)

Following along. Went to Hangar Bar last Oct. liked the atmosphere and want to go back on next trip.

The atmosphere is great! I love how it really does feel like someone's hanger!

Paddlefish

After we finished with Hanger Bar, I went to get our Table in Wonderland card renewed at the Welcome Center since we hadn’t done that before the bar. As only 2 of the 6 work stations there can produce the cards, it made us a bit late for our dinner reservation but that wasn’t an issue since they called ahead for us. We were immediately seated downstairs upon arrival. Our server was very friendly and explained the menu well. This was our first time here since the renovation.

The warm bread was awesome as it had honey cinnamon butter. With them bringing out two pots of the butter, I didn’t have to share mine with my husband. The bread was really quickly devoured! I did somehow withhold from eating any of the 2nd batch they brought us.

8JKpJ0T.jpg

Bread

While my husband went with a Diet Coke, I had adult enjoyment with the ocean blue. At least I think that is what it was called - it isn’t showing on the online menu anymore! It was a good strong cocktail that made it easy to pace it during the meal.

bnQ0cYo.jpg

Ocean Blue? - Tequila, Blue Curacao, Pineapple Juice, Something Else Yummy

My husband got one of the items he loved here when it was Fulton’s. This version, he also loved! I was shocked when he ordered a bowl over a cup as the bowl is HUGE! He finished every bite.

P35Oel2.jpg

New England Clam Chowder

I was boring. I had debated between being boring or getting the beef skewers. I was happy with my choice as it wasn’t heavy. The dressing was good and had a decent amount of cheese.

OIigCst.jpg

Caesar Salad

My husband threw me for a loop as he ordered something completely uncharacteristic for him. Our server had said good things about this dish so he decided to go for it. This hunk of meat was huge! He really enjoyed it, especially with the well made cheddar grits.

ND7tZMV.jpg

Pork Osso Bucco - Cider-braised, cheddar grits

The server talked up another dish that didn’t take much to convince me on. I mean, I am a girl from the south. I loved these shrimp and grits! They weren’t tainted by sausage or tomatoes and instead had the most amazing black pepper butter sauce. While he claimed it was going to be spicy - I didn’t find it to be that spicy but I enjoy spicy foods.

oWTAwk1.jpg

Shrimp & Grits - Cheddar Grits w/ Spicy Black Pepper-Butter Sauce

We skipped dessert as we were full and took the bus back to the hotel. We just loved our night time view at our hotel!

dolH6KX.jpg

Night Time Room View

The Paddlefish dinner looks delicious. We have never been to the old or the new. I am glad you both enjoyed each of your dishes. This is the first review I have read on this place other than drinks and appetizers so thanks!

I'm a total suckers for blue drinks and that one sounded good! The clam chowder there was good, we only got the cup and it was small. I take it your husband is now completely out of his vegetarian phase with the osso bucco. I've only had shrimp and grits once, but then again I was born in the north and raised in the west, so not a big thing on my family.

The Paddlefish dinner looks delicious. We have never been to the old or the new. I am glad you both enjoyed each of your dishes. This is the first review I have read on this place other than drinks and appetizers so thanks!

No problem! I think it gets missed a lot since there are so many great options at Disney Springs now. Boathouse is still our favorite but we'll keep this in rotation as well.

Can you get these at the Parks too, or only DS?

That is a beautiful shot on the water. And Paddlefish certainly sounds delicious!

Yes you can. You have to get it at a Guest Service Booth in the parks (not a normal ticket one) or at the Welcome Center in Disney Springs. They have raised the price now to like $150...it is worth it for people that go a lot like me or have very large groups.

I was very pleased with Paddlefish!

I am just catching up. Those shrimp grits look fantastic. I need to try them.

They were fantastic! I wish all shrimp and grits out there could be that good. Good shrimp don't need sausage or tomatoes!

PAddlefish looks amazing.

It was! I'm happy we finally got around to trying it!

I'm a total suckers for blue drinks and that one sounded good! The clam chowder there was good, we only got the cup and it was small. I take it your husband is now completely out of his vegetarian phase with the osso bucco. I've only had shrimp and grits once, but then again I was born in the north and raised in the west, so not a big thing on my family.

You do love the blue drinks as much as me! I get not being big on shrimp and grits not being a southerner. We all have things we love and hate based on where we grew up. I do hate greens, okra and gravy though.

Yes! He's been out of the vegetarian phase since the day after Wine & Dine in 2016. He eased back into it with really only eating fish and chicken for a bit but he's eating all the meat now! Makes my life way easier!

Thirsty River Bar

We got to the park at 8:30AM and we lucked out that they were letting people into Pandora shortly after we got there even though the park officially opened at 9AM. As we had a FP+ for Flights of Passage - we headed to Navi River Journey. I realize this will be unpopular but I was disappointed in it. I would have been really annoyed if I waited in a long line for that ride. The priestess looked cool but not earth shattering. We did really enjoy Flights of Passage and would be willing to wait up to an hour for that ride if we couldn’t get a fastpass for it. We enjoyed our Safari.

PG9FudA.jpg

ISGQdh5.jpg

hDvaXUU.jpg

We had about 15 minutes to kill before our fastpass for Everest would be ready. We decided it would be a good time to have a drink! Both of us were delighted in our choices. That Himalayan Ghost is super refreshing!

jyeZm3i.jpg

Himalayan Ghost - Snow Leopard Vodka, Guava and Odwalla Lemonade
Victory Golden Monkey

Afterwards, we enjoyed Everest and headed towards Tiffins as we had lunch scheduled there shortly as I took stalker pictures of some character butts.

oVfIHy1.jpg

Baloo’s Booty

BzKzPrl.jpg

King Louie

Wow, Paddlefish looks amazing. Especially that blue drink!! Definitely have to check it out. I loved Flight of Passage too- so cool!! Have you tried Nomad Lounge yet? I could spend a whole afternoon out on the deck there!

Love the butt photos! :rotfl:

Hello stranger! It feels like forever! Can't wait to hear about everything. This was your first race since surgery, right?! We didn't bump into each other but I'm optimistic for marathon weekend! Paddlefish looked so yummy! I agree with Navi river.....a little underwhelming for me! Glad I had FP because otherwise, nope! I'll try for FOP In January. Speaking of marathon, I haven't booked my flights or renewed my AP, so no FP yet! I'm so bad!

I wished I'd remembered that vodka drink when I was there last month! I enjoyed the Navi River ride, but we had FP+, I would never wait more than 20 minutes for it. I'm glad I hadn't read many reviews cause I didn't have big expectations for the ride, I didn't even know about the big blue goddess animatronic beforehand so it was a pleasant surprise, but in no way amazing or earth shattering.

I'm gonna try and get Fran to agree to Tiffins next time, she was OK with the Nomad Lounge.

Yum, that Himalayan Ghost looks right up my alley, adding to my list for our next trip.

I love meeting Louie and Baloo!! How early were you able to get alcohol??

It was about 10:30AM that we got those cocktails. We could have gotten drinks at the Dawa Bar in Africa around 9:45AM if we wanted or probably earlier in Pandora. Glad they open early!

Wow, Paddlefish looks amazing. Especially that blue drink!! Definitely have to check it out. I loved Flight of Passage too- so cool!! Have you tried Nomad Lounge yet? I could spend a whole afternoon out on the deck there!

Love the butt photos! :rotfl:

I have tried Nomad Lounge yet! I ate an afternoon snack there in July when I had a short 2 day trip over the weekend. I do love the Lounge and should probably spend more time there. Too many choices that are great nowadays!

Hello stranger! It feels like forever! Can't wait to hear about everything. This was your first race since surgery, right?! We didn't bump into each other but I'm optimistic for marathon weekend! Paddlefish looked so yummy! I agree with Navi river.....a little underwhelming for me! Glad I had FP because otherwise, nope! I'll try for FOP In January. Speaking of marathon, I haven't booked my flights or renewed my AP, so no FP yet! I'm so bad!

It does feel like forever! This was my first race since surgery - thus why I only did the 10K. Originally my plan was 10K for Wine & Dine, St. Jude in December and then Rebel Challenge in January. Well - Rebel Challenge isn't happening anymore so St Jude will probably be my last Half Marathon for a while. I really need to be better about training but the whole RunDisney Disneyland drama kinda killed off my motivation for running.

I had to renew my husband's Silver Pass and add my mother to our room reservation to get our January FP's set. We're doing Animal Kingdom on Friday, EPCOT on Saturday and Hollywood Studio post Marathon. Which races are you running then? Sorry we didn't run into each other! We should have planned on something!

I wished I'd remembered that vodka drink when I was there last month! I enjoyed the Navi River ride, but we had FP+, I would never wait more than 20 minutes for it. I'm glad I hadn't read many reviews cause I didn't have big expectations for the ride, I didn't even know about the big blue goddess animatronic beforehand so it was a pleasant surprise, but in no way amazing or earth shattering.

I'm gonna try and get Fran to agree to Tiffins next time, she was OK with the Nomad Lounge.

Yes - FP+ would be the way to go although Flights of Passage is a better ride - although I see that ride being an issue with Fran. We have a FP+ for Navi in January since it was something different. I think my mother has it planned too over Thanksgiving but I could be wrong. I should look at our plans for that trip since it is in a few days. I'm more worried about tomorrow's trip to California for work. At least I know for sure that I'm going to go to California Adventure tomorrow evening for Festival of Holidays and to check out how well MaxPass works for me! This was a very costly choice I made since the amount of hours I'm able to be in the park versus ticket price is off but oh well!

Yum, that Himalayan Ghost looks right up my alley, adding to my list for our next trip.

It is excellent! So refreshing!

Tiffins

Tiffins has easily become one of our favorite new restaurants at Disney! When planning the trip, it wasn’t hard for us to select this place for lunch! We checked in about 15 minutes prior to our ADR and were immediately seated in the main dining room. Despite multiple visits, we seem to only be sat in that main room. Oh well!

Since we were being good with having a race the next day - we passed on additional alcoholic beverages. I had Passion Fruit Tea which was tasty though!

pfyBqZg.jpg

While Tiffins has many awesome appetizer options (I’ll probably enjoy some of those in January), I went with the standard pick of their bread service. They had changed one of the selections since the last time I had it. No more Harissa Yogurt! It is now Tadka which is a Herb Oil Indian Infusion. It was fine but it was no harissa! I ended up eating mostly the zhough this time around. Will probably skip it in January for something else.

KQCfv8m.jpg
Ty008jM.jpg

Tiffins Signature Bread Service - Tadka, Black-Eyed Pea Hummus, Zhough Yogurt

They had changed their “Taste of Tiffins” as well so we ended up just sticking with the normal entrees as that felt more our speed today.

My husband went with chicken for his lunch. The chicken was properly seasoned and the skin crispy. I was shocked he enjoyed the sweet potato pap as he typically doesn’t like sweet potato dishes but maybe his tastes are continuing to change.

ceqjsqZ.jpg

Pomegranate-lacquered Chicken - Sweet Potato Pap, Thumbelina Carrots, Citrus-Fennel Salad

I went with duck as I wasn’t hungry enough for the steak option and I love duck. The small bit of confit to the side was the best part of the dish but I’m partial to an excellent confit. I really enjoyed my duck for the most part - it seems they didn’t cut off the tendons well as it did have a couple tough bites but at least it tasted great!

wy5JXbn.jpg

Pan-Seared Duck Breast - Leg Confit, Forest Mushrooms, Parsnip Puree, Truffle Reduction, Huckleberry Compote

We skipped dessert since we would be eating dinner in 5 hours and didn’t want to over do it.

We had to go back to the expo since I left my husband’s after party ticket on the kitchen table at home so we dealt with that before returning to the room to relax.​

Cool-headed Monkey - Starr African Rum, Van Der Hum Tangerine Liqueur, fresh Lime Juice, Watermelon and Pineapple Juice
Mmmmm! May have to risk the bad service just to try this.

I was boring. I had debated between being boring or getting the beef skewers. I was happy with my choice as it wasn’t heavy. The dressing was good and had a decent amount of cheese.
I love a good caesar salad, this looks perfect!

Himalayan Ghost - Snow Leopard Vodka, Guava and Odwalla Lemonade
Victory Golden Monkey
I need to try that drink next time I am at AK!

Tiffins Signature Bread Service - Tadka, Black-Eyed Pea Hummus, Zhough Yogurt
Tiffins looks great.... your DH picked what I would have ordered and you picked what my DH would like. The bread service looks good too!

It does feel like forever! This was my first race since surgery - thus why I only did the 10K. Originally my plan was 10K for Wine & Dine, St. Jude in December and then Rebel Challenge in January. Well - Rebel Challenge isn't happening anymore so St Jude will probably be my last Half Marathon for a while. I really need to be better about training but the whole RunDisney Disneyland drama kinda killed off my motivation for running.

I had to renew my husband's Silver Pass and add my mother to our room reservation to get our January FP's set. We're doing Animal Kingdom on Friday, EPCOT on Saturday and Hollywood Studio post Marathon. Which races are you running then? Sorry we didn't run into each other! We should have planned on something!
I’m bummed about the whole Disneyland thing too! I really wanted to try to get my coast to coast but oh well. I haven’t completely ruled out castle to chateau with MommaoffherRocker though! Congrats on your first race post surgery! St Jude’s will be a rewarding HM to return to!

I’m running the marathon o_O lol! My BFF and I are running together! I’m terrified but feel training is on the right track thanks to DopeyBadger! I’m not sure our plans yet as BFF is trying to decide on her tickets options?! Will you be going to the Dis meet Friday at Hurricane Hannah’s? If so, I’ll be sure to say hi!!

Wow, big endorsement for Tiffins! I was a little intimidated by the menu but I’m going to have to take another look if it’s become one of your faves. I’m impressed with your discipline on drinks with lunch and dessert. What little discipline I have always goes out the window as soon as I set foot on property! :rolleyes:

Thank you for sharing the meals at Paddlefish and Tiffins look delicious. We had been to Fulton's in the past. Will have to add these two for our October 2018. May 2018 ADRs already booked :) -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!