•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Guest services were unable to get me a studio at CC. Instead they offered me BLT. I decided to just get a 1 bedroom in June instead. It will be my first stay as a DVC member and I wanted it to be at my home resort. We have reservations at California Grill. I can just take the boat over right?

I think we will do a weekend at Animal Kingdom villas in September for Food And Wine. Rooms are super cheap then.

I’ll be giving up my Victoria and Alberts reservation on August 10 if anyone wants it.

Yes the resort boat, Blue, runs from 6:45AM to 11:00PM. There are two boats normally running in opposite directions, both leaving the CR at the same time. One runs CR->WL->FW->CR and another runs CR->FW->WL->CR.

The other launch, Red, is specifically to MK only.

That’s too complicated for me.

I’ll just take an Uber.

That’s too complicated for me.

I’ll just take an Uber.
I didn't mean for it to sound complicated, it really is quite easy. I would just hop on whichever Blue Flag boat shows up first. Just sometimes you'll go to FW first and sometimes head straight to CR first. I will add that an Uber will certainly be much quicker though and be fairly cheap.

It’s at 9am Wednesday- Saturday & you meet at the fireplace. It lasted an hour, finishing up in view of the geyser going off.

We really enjoyed it :)
Oh that's absolutely perfect!!! Hope they're still doing those days on our next trip. We're planning a Saturday "resort day" and I'm probably going to go so the tour by myself because the rest of my family would be bored.

We were just looking at availability for March 2020, and it turns out that March 16, the 11 month mark, is unavailable and the 17 is either having a display problem and it may or may not be available either. Are CCV owners usually walking their reservations trying to get what they want? We have our hearts set on staying at CCV for the week (March 26 - check out April 2) before our 40 anniversary and cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. Now it is looking doubtful we'll get a studio and even 1BRs seem to be booked. I am beginning to wonder if it was a mistake buying CCV. :worried:

We were just looking at availability for March 2020, and it turns out that March 16, the 11 month mark, is unavailable and the 17 is either having a display problem and it may or may not be available either. Are CCV owners usually walking their reservations trying to get what they want? We have our hearts set on staying at CCV for the week (March 26 - check out April 2) before our 40 anniversary and cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. Now it is looking doubtful we'll get a studio and even 1BRs seem to be booked. I am beginning to wonder if it was a mistake buying CCV. :worried:
It looks like yes the 17th isn't available for the Walk-In Shower Deluxe Studio. Though this isn't the case for the Deluxe Studio (tub version). As for the 1 Bedrooms I'm showing them as wide open right now for all of March and most of February (less 1 day). This time of year is an uptick in the booking (though Studios will always be tough) as Spring Break is starting mid-March/end-March.

You should be ready to go at 8AM for a Deluxe Studio at CCV, I will say today was a weird day as the booking tool had crashed.

You should be ready to go at 8AM for a Deluxe Studio at CCV, I will say today was a weird day as the booking tool had crashed.
Yeah, that seems a bit odd. We got into a studio for four nights in early to mid-March at the 7-month point.

I'd also consider that today was messed up. I'd keep checking.

Oh that's absolutely perfect!!! Hope they're still doing those days on our next trip. We're planning a Saturday "resort day" and I'm probably going to go so the tour by myself because the rest of my family would be bored.

This art & architecture tour sounds great.

We will be staying at CC in a 1 bedroom for the first time in May; in fact, it will be our first time at Wilderness Lodge even though we've been DCV members since 1995(!). Not planning to do the parks except for the May 20 DVC EPCOT Moonlight Magic.

Do all you CC owners & lovers have ANY special tips for our first stay there (adults, no kids) including--
--Room location recommendation?
--Best food at CC's TS & QS restaurants?
--Best times & places to find quiet & shade at the pools?
--Fun adult activities?

Any info or tips are appreciated! Looking forward to experiencing 'your' resort.

I just took a look at the availability and saw that March 17th is showing that not bookable color at a couple other locations too so I would say that DVC is having issues with inventory for that date for some reason.

And then I looked at the rest of the CCV studio availability at 11 months. :scared1: What I'll say is that someone has to get the rooms so if you are prepared at 8am to try and book you'll have as good of a chance as anyone for a studio. It does look like there's at usually some availability right when the window opens. And 1BR's seem to be ok if that's an option for you. Hoping you get your wanted reservation for that special Anniversary!

Good luck, I hope it will pop up!! :shamrock:

We booked this trip at 6 months, 1 bed but peak time & we’ve booked a studio for 11/30-12/7, I missed the 11 month window by around a week so 1 night was missing, waitliated the week & it came through within days which was a nice surprise.

We’re in room 5133, we can see HEA, the light pageant & the geyser from our room, it’s loud because if the pool & a long walk to the lobby area but SO worth it for the views :)

Checking out tomorrow, I’m
REALLY going to miss this place, completely fallen in love with it, owned DVC for 17 years & had never come here until we added on here last year :)

This art & architecture tour sounds great.

We will be staying at CC in a 1 bedroom for the first time in May; in fact, it will be our first time at Wilderness Lodge even though we've been DCV members since 1995(!). Not planning to do the parks except for the May 20 DVC EPCOT Moonlight Magic.

Do all you CC owners & lovers have ANY special tips for our first stay there (adults, no kids) including--
--Room location recommendation?
--Best food at CC's TS & QS restaurants?
--Best times & places to find quiet & shade at the pools?
--Fun adult activities?

Any info or tips are appreciated! Looking forward to experiencing 'your' resort.
Welcome and congratulations! We love WL, and chose to honeymoon here. We love that it has such a quiet rural feel despite being so close to MK. Bay Lake is absolutely beautiful, so I'd plan on experiencing it by taking the Blue Flag boats that connect WL to Fort Wilderness and The Contemporary. We really enjoy dinner at Trail's End at Fort Wilderness. It is just BBQ comfort food, but is easy to get into and a relatively good price. For food at WL, Artist Point is the nice formerly signature location that now has Snow White, some Dwarves, and the Evil Queen, so I'm not sure if that interests you. There's also Whispering Canyon Cafe in the Lobby, which is anything but quiet but has some good food in a fun atmosphere, although is another one that might not be what an adult couple would tend to look for. Geyser Point is the lakefront bar and grill, and it is a great place to have a nice lunch or dinner and some drinks if you prefer. The other bar, Territory Lounge is just outside Artist Point and has some nice food options as well. Finally, Roaring Fork is the resort's main Quick Service spot and is nice for a quick breakfast or fast food meal.
With a Copper Creek 1 bedroom you aren't going to have a huge difference in view, since almost all of them have a view of a pool courtyard and Bay Lake in the distance. We like to request a high floor for better views and less noise from the pool. We also like rooms that are near or open to the lobby, but a location further down the wing might be a little quieter. There's a room location map here that shows the room types and locations.
The Boulder Ridge Cove Pool is newer, quieter, and has a zero entry section, although does not have a slide. There are also nice covered seating areas that are available to anyone, first come first serve.
As adults, we'd recommend taking to time to walk all around the resort. The lobby of the Boulder Ridge building has the Carolwood Pacific Room which has train memorabilia from Walt Disney. It is nice to follow the water path from the lobby down a waterfall through the main pool and down to the lake. There is a lakefront Geyser that erupts every hour from 7AM until 10PM. It is also nice to walk along the lakefront cabins, which follow the lake on both sides of the main resort building.
In the evenings there is an Electrical Water Parade on the lakefront in front of the resort, and you can see some of the higher MK fireworks from the Geyser Point area, and they pipe in the music.
Overall, enjoy the quiet atmosphere that WL has to offer, and be sure to take advantage of the boat transportation options to get around and enjoy Bay Lake.

Welcome and congratulations! We love WL, and chose to honeymoon here. We love that it has such a quiet rural feel despite being so close to MK. Bay Lake is absolutely beautiful, so I'd plan on experiencing it by taking the Blue Flag boats that connect WL to Fort Wilderness and The Contemporary. We really enjoy dinner at Trail's End at Fort Wilderness. It is just BBQ comfort food, but is easy to get into and a relatively good price. For food at WL, Artist Point is the nice formerly signature location that now has Snow White, some Dwarves, and the Evil Queen, so I'm not sure if that interests you. There's also Whispering Canyon Cafe in the Lobby, which is anything but quiet but has some good food in a fun atmosphere, although is another one that might not be what an adult couple would tend to look for. Geyser Point is the lakefront bar and grill, and it is a great place to have a nice lunch or dinner and some drinks if you prefer. The other bar, Territory Lounge is just outside Artist Point and has some nice food options as well. Finally, Roaring Fork is the resort's main Quick Service spot and is nice for a quick breakfast or fast food meal.
With a Copper Creek 1 bedroom you aren't going to have a huge difference in view, since almost all of them have a view of a pool courtyard and Bay Lake in the distance. We like to request a high floor for better views and less noise from the pool. We also like rooms that are near or open to the lobby, but a location further down the wing might be a little quieter. There's a room location map here that shows the room types and locations.
The Boulder Ridge Cove Pool is newer, quieter, and has a zero entry section, although does not have a slide. There are also nice covered seating areas that are available to anyone, first come first serve.
As adults, we'd recommend taking to time to walk all around the resort. The lobby of the Boulder Ridge building has the Carolwood Pacific Room which has train memorabilia from Walt Disney. It is nice to follow the water path from the lobby down a waterfall through the main pool and down to the lake. There is a lakefront Geyser that erupts every hour from 7AM until 10PM. It is also nice to walk along the lakefront cabins, which follow the lake on both sides of the main resort building.
In the evenings there is an Electrical Water Parade on the lakefront in front of the resort, and you can see some of the higher MK fireworks from the Geyser Point area, and they pipe in the music.
Overall, enjoy the quiet atmosphere that WL has to offer, and be sure to take advantage of the boat transportation options to get around and enjoy Bay Lake.

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this great information (and great pictures)! Beginning to understand why you love staying at WL.

--What 'high' floor would you request for a 1 BR? I read that the highest (?) floor's balconies are obstructed by dormers.

--Are there other color flag boats that go other places from WL?

Any other WL Lovers have suggestions?

GORGEOUS pictures!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter