•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

I am interested in your thoughts and opinions and please keep posting pictures and reviews of the main building rooms. I'll be in a cabin in February and will do a complete review of that stay.

Thanks for your report and pictures! I look forward to your cabin report as well. Did you decide whether to request east or west? I know you originally thought east, but some pictures made you think again about the west cabins. Did your visit change your opinion either way?

Moving ON to my favorite room!!! Room 5133, a 1BR. This is the last room before a Grand Villa that is on the end. 3 doors lead to one large balcony. Because it is on the end, you can see over the roof across to see the MK fireworks. And the Geyser is right there (it is loud! loved it!) Could see the Electrical Pageant in both rooms, looking to the side. WELL worth the walk down the hall, at least for us!

Those pictures are wonderful! I agree, totally worth the walk down the hall. Our favorite WL room view was at the end of the south wing, directly overlooking the lake on the 4th floor, in a room that's now part of a Grand Villa. I'm not sure how Geyser Point has affected that particular view, but I generally agree with you... the further toward the end of the wing, the better.

ETA: I also love the look of the 2nd bedroom in the dedicated 2-bedroom.

Thanks for your report and pictures! I look forward to your cabin report as well. Did you decide whether to request east or west? I know you originally thought east, but some pictures made you think again about the west cabins. Did your visit change your opinion either way?
I think we'll try the east end and request cabins 8020 - 8026. The solitude is amazing down there and the view is of the entire Bay Lake (not the small island). One of the guests we spoke too said that a baby deer was walking around her cabin that morning. pretty cool.

Moving ON to my favorite room!!! Room 5133, a 1BR. This is the last room before a Grand Villa that is on the end. 3 doors lead to one large balcony. Because it is on the end, you can see over the roof across to see the MK fireworks. And the Geyser is right there (it is loud! loved it!) Could see the Electrical Pageant in both rooms, looking to the side. WELL worth the walk down the hall, at least for us!

LEFT:
IMG_5075.jpg
[/URL]

STRAIGHT:
IMG_5073.jpg
[/URL]

RIGHT, SORRY no geyser but nice photo:
IMG_E5041.jpg
[/URL]

GEYSER:
IMG_E5156.jpg
[/URL]

NIGHT:
IMG_E5058.jpg
[/URL]

FIREWORKS:
IMG_5112.jpg
[/URL]
not seeing the pics!!!!!

Hello everyone! I have been a longtime lurker on the boards (since 2008) and this thread has brought me out the woodwork. We will be staying at CCV in a 2BR in May on rented points. We were booked to stay in September but a terrible lady named Irma wreaked havoc on our plans and the night before we were supposed to get on the plane in the morning we switched everything to Disneyland instead of getting on plane with a 1 & 3 year old to a state that the majority of people were evacuating. Luckily my 3 year old didn’t know that Disneyland just isn’t as good as Disneyworld, but I did. So now I’m getting my Disneyworld/CCV stay, and I couldn’t be more excited! This time, we won’t be telling the 3 year old until we are on the way to the airport.

I’m hoping while there to take a tour of DVC to get the husband on board with buying so we can be official owners at CCV. My plan may also involve wining and dining him with a bunch of signature restaurants and convincing that the time to get in is before star wars land is done. He is a huge Star Wars fan so I think that should work. Wish me luck!

Oh geez will fix later. Photo bucket confuses me

Photobucket does not allow sharing on web forums anymore unless you sign up for the $500 service.

If you want the photos to display here you'll need to sign up with a different service or else upload them directly. The button that is next to the Post Reply - Upload file - will allow you to do that.

Hello everyone! I have been a longtime lurker on the boards (since 2008) and this thread has brought me out the woodwork. We will be staying at CCV in a 2BR in May on rented points. We were booked to stay in September but a terrible lady named Irma wreaked havoc on our plans and the night before we were supposed to get on the plane in the morning we switched everything to Disneyland instead of getting on plane with a 1 & 3 year old to a state that the majority of people were evacuating. Luckily my 3 year old didn’t know that Disneyland just isn’t as good as Disneyworld, but I did. So now I’m getting my Disneyworld/CCV stay, and I couldn’t be more excited! This time, we won’t be telling the 3 year old until we are on the way to the airport.

I’m hoping while there to take a tour of DVC to get the husband on board with buying so we can be official owners at CCV. My plan may also involve wining and dining him with a bunch of signature restaurants and convincing that the time to get in is before star wars land is done. He is a huge Star Wars fan so I think that should work. Wish me luck!

:welcome: That's great you're staying in a 2 BR at CCV! It truly is such a beautiful property and the new rooms are amazing! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, hope you'll be an owner by the time you come back! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip! I'll get you up on Page 1! :flower:

I think we'll try the east end and request cabins 8020 - 8026. The solitude is amazing down there and the view is of the entire Bay Lake (not the small island). One of the guests we spoke too said that a baby deer was walking around her cabin that morning. pretty cool.

That's what I'm hoping for, too. Fingers crossed for you!

Congratulations! Copper Creek had the same effect on us. We just love WL and can't wait to be able to stay there in the main building every year. It sold DVC for us too. Did you get to stay at WL this time or were you visiting from elsewhere? Now the countdown to 11 months from your next trip begins, and before long you'll be making that first DVC reservation. Fortunately hanging out on this thread is a great way to learn more and help pass the time. Congratulations and welcome home.

Thank you so much! We did not stay at WL this trip, but we have always loved the resort and stayed there for our honeymoon a couple of years ago. It feels like home to us and we were sitting on the rocking chairs in the lobby when we were approached by a very sweet CM who spoke to us about DVC. We were always interested in DVC at WL but never really knew how it worked.
:welcome:and Congrats!!!!! So happy for you! Isn’t it beautiful?! It’s so relaxing and beautiful. You’ll be very happy there!! Would it be ok if I put you on Page 1 in the Owners Lineup?

*WELCOME HOME!*

Yes of course! Thanks! It certainly is beautiful!

. . . .
The walk from the main building to the furthest east cabin (8026) isn’t too bad unless you have a physical impairment or if it’s raining. The resort rents bicycles so you could do that to get around. I asked and DVC does not offer any transportation from the cabins to the main building. There is a parking lot for the cabins which is much closer than the main building. The farther you get to the east, the more private and reclusive are the Cabins. We walked all the way to 8026 then walked all the way back over to the west group of cabins (8001 – 8012) . . . . .

OK so here is my quick summary of the Cabin locations (just my thoughts and opinions) -

8001 – 8012 (west side, closest to the Contemporary Resort)
Good – closer to the main building, nicer BBQ station, has a better view of fireworks and Contemporary Resort, close to the boat dock to MK and Contemporary
Not So Good – not as private, near parking and maintenance areas, longer walk to CC pool and Geyser Point B&G

8013 – 8026 (east side, closest to the Wilderness Campgrounds)
Good – very private and very quiet location especially cabins 8017 – 8026. Close to the CC pool, close to Geyser Point B&G
Not so Good – longer walk to main building. Even longer walk to the boat dock

Thanks for the comprehensive review.

Will bell services bring you to the room with your luggage on arrival? I know they said they were getting vehicles to move the luggage to the cabins, if they are golf cart type vehicles couldn't they drop you off on arrival only?

My photos are in the process of being restored, I got the 2nd BR ones done, need to keep resizing on iPhoto, but I will have all done soon. Glad to walk away from Photobucket. $60 a year, NO. :)

Photos done and permission to use anywhere is fine.

PS I RAN into the Dedicated 2BR first, yelling I need photos before any junk is dropped into the room! LOL.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comprehensive review.

Will bell services bring you to the room with your luggage on arrival? I know they said they were getting vehicles to move the luggage to the cabins, if they are golf cart type vehicles couldn't they drop you off on arrival only?
I didn't ask about that specifically but I am sure that bell services will bring the bags to the cabins. If the cabin is ready when you arrive, you could leave the bags in the car then park at the "Cabin Lot" and take your bags to the cabin yourself. The cabin lot was pretty close on the east side. The trek from the front desk to cabin 8026 would be a long way for a bellman

So I just found this thread and am reaaaaallly late to this party! DH and I are CCV owners as of June 2017. We have a Dec UY. Our first stay at our home resort will be Jan 19-23, 2018 in a studio.

We fell in love with the WL/FW area after a visit to FW for dinner at Trails' End and taking in Wishes on the beach in 2015. We were DVC-dreaming after that and purchased during our trip this spring. With 3 trips planned between Jan 2018-Mar 2019, we'll be 'home' quite a bit!

So I just found this thread and am reaaaaallly late to this party! DH and I are CCV owners as of June 2017. We have a Dec UY. Our first stay at our home resort will be Jan 19-23, 2018 in a studio.

We fell in love with the WL/FW area after a visit to FW for dinner at Trails' End and taking in Wishes on the beach in 2015. We were DVC-dreaming after that and purchased during our trip this spring. With 3 trips planned between Jan 2018-Mar 2019, we'll be 'home' quite a bit!

:welcome: And Congrats!!! Happy you could find us!!!! Here you can talk all you want about our favorite place to be, CCV! I'll be sure to get you up on Page 1! Can't wait to hear all about your upcoming trip!!!

*WELCOME HOME!*

One SMALL issue during our trip to Copper Creek last week.... BUGS. They were all over in the evening. Cast members all said they were MALE mosquitoes, that do not bite. These critters did not appear to bite, but were just swarming all over the place. Geyser Point was intolerable in the evening. Every surface covered. It was bizarre. The whole wall behind the drink station? Covered, the tables, every surface. We were going to eat there, and just could not. People were arriving and leaving quickly. Place was deserted at 8:30 pm on. We got our food to go, the food service staff kept apologizing and were holding cloths over their mouths and said the bugs were going in their ears and mouths, noses. I did not take a photo, I just was sad about it. There were several manager types milling around. CM said, they will blast it overnight to get rid of them. Even the tables by the water were uninhabitable, there was a breeze so I thought maybe there it would be ok. Sadly, the next evening they were still there, perhaps a bit less. I went out on our balcony, and they got into our room, so ugh. (This was Thursday and Friday night last week.) We wondered how bad it was in the cabins. PS NO bug spray in the rooms.

We did not get bitten by these bugs, but we DID get bit up over at Fort Wilderness, waiting for the bus. Apparently by "no-see-ums"? My friend over at Pop also had many of those bites, it seemed unusual to us, frequent WDW visitors.

We had a FANTASTIC Time at Copper Creek, I hope to get back in the future, the bug invasion was a small thing compared to all the great things at WL. We saw lots of fat large toads and frogs, probably feasting on those mosquitoes. One large one was clinging to the cabinet under the drink station, I did take his photo! Walking back from the bus one night, a woman screamed bloody murder, a large toad jumped on her chest, lol. She said, "I am a city girl, what is this??" She was laughing after being startled.

We own at BCV, I honestly like BR and CC more these days. All that construction has made for a beautiful resort!

Last edited:
One SMALL issue during our trip to Copper Creek last week.... BUGS. They were all over in the evening. Cast members all said they were MALE mosquitoes, that do not bite. These critters did not appear to bite, but were just swarming all over the place. Geyser Point was intolerable in the evening. Every surface covered. It was bizarre. The whole wall behind the drink station? Covered, the tables, every surface. We were going to eat there, and just could not. People were arriving and leaving quickly. Place was deserted at 8:30 pm on. We got our food to go, the food service staff kept apologizing and were holding cloths over their mouths and said the bugs were going in their ears and mouths, noses. I did not take a photo, I just was sad about it. There were several manager types milling around. CM said, they will blast it overnight to get rid of them. Even the tables by the water were inhabitable, there was a breeze so I thought maybe there it would be ok. Sadly, the next evening they were still there, perhaps a bit less. I went out on our balcony, and they got into our room, so ugh. (This was Thursday and Friday night last week.) We wondered how bad it was in the cabins. PS NO bug spray in the rooms.

We did not get bitten by these bugs, but we DID get bit up over at Fort Wilderness, waiting for the bus. Apparently by "no-see-ums"? My friend over at Pop also had many of those bites, it seemed unusual to us, frequent WDW visitors.

We had a FANTASTIC Time at Copper Creek, I hope to get back in the future, the bug invasion was a small thing compared to all the great things at WL. We saw lots of fat large toads and frogs, probably feasting on those mosquitoes. One large one was clinging to the cabinet under the drink station, I did take his photo! Walking back from the bus one night, a woman screamed bloody murder, a large toad jumped on her chest, lol. She said, "I am a city girl, what is this??" She was laughing after being startled.

We own at BCV, I honestly like BR and CC more these days. All that construction has made for a beautiful resort!

So sorry to hear about the bugs!!! I'm happy they didn't ruin your trip, but of course, it's definitely gross and a pain! Hopefully the management will be able to do something about them!! Happy you had a great time other than the bugs!!

One SMALL issue during our trip to Copper Creek last week.... BUGS. They were all over in the evening. Cast members all said they were MALE mosquitoes, that do not bite. These critters did not appear to bite, but were just swarming all over the place. Geyser Point was intolerable in the evening. Every surface covered. It was bizarre. The whole wall behind the drink station? Covered, the tables, every surface. We were going to eat there, and just could not. People were arriving and leaving quickly. Place was deserted at 8:30 pm on. We got our food to go, the food service staff kept apologizing and were holding cloths over their mouths and said the bugs were going in their ears and mouths, noses. I did not take a photo, I just was sad about it. There were several manager types milling around. CM said, they will blast it overnight to get rid of them. Even the tables by the water were inhabitable, there was a breeze so I thought maybe there it would be ok. Sadly, the next evening they were still there, perhaps a bit less. I went out on our balcony, and they got into our room, so ugh. (This was Thursday and Friday night last week.) We wondered how bad it was in the cabins. PS NO bug spray in the rooms.

That is so strange. I have always noticed a lack of mosquitos around WDW and always attributed it to some kind of Disney Magic. Hopefully they get the “magic” back up and running, because nobody really wants that much “wilderness” with their stay at the Wilderness Lodge.

Proud new Copper Creek owners!!! Just purchased on vacation over fall break. It was our first stay at WL, but not our first visit there. We have had many meals at Whispering Canyon and just LOVE this resort. It just feels like...home.

Can't wait to book our first welcome home, but we are doing Alaska next year on the Wonder, so it will probably be next November/December.

I've been a member of Disboards for years, but I really would love for you guys to point me in the right direction. Where is the best place to learn everything I need to know about owning DVC?

And where can you find resort specific merchandise? I'm dying to get my hands on a shirt or something, but what was in the gift shop looked like slim pickens. Is did score a few Copper Creek trading pins on the cruise. YAY!!

Thanks in advance!!!
Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter