•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

For all of you that have been in Sept/Oct (with the increased crowds), how has the wait times been for the boats to MK? For the enclosed larger boats, is the outside area at the front open for standing?

Trip update from what I got back from my Mom on her anniversary trip this week so far.

Flight landed at MCO at 10:50 yesterday...got their luggage and were on the Magical Express by 11:30. Said they would seat a family...skip a row and then seat another family on opposite side...skip a row and then seat next family on opposite side - basically 4 rows between them and the family directly behind them). They got the room ready text while on the bus at 11:45 and were in the room by 12:15 after being dropped off by Magical Express (1148 - will ask for pictures). They grabbed lunch at Geyser Point around 1PM...no wait time, food was delicious, drinks were solid. Hit the pool (Boulder Ridge - quieter and only adults there) for a little bit and then napped before going to Whispering Canyon for Dinner at 6. Dinner was delicious...went to Disney Springs after dinner (I warned them night time at Disney Springs can be hectic and not as socially distanced). They said the most crowded (cramped/least socially distanced they felt) was getting their temperatures checked going into Disney Springs. After that they felt very comfortable there.

They are at epcot today. Park opens at 11...they got to the bus around 10:30, and it was waiting to take people to epcot. They got on, and off they went. Were in the park right around 11. They've done Soarin, Living with the Land, Journey into Imagination with Figment and currently waiting at Spaceship Earth. Longest Posted wait time for them was Soarin (30 minutes), but it only took 15. Other rides had posted wait times of 20 minutes, but only took 10.

So far they are enjoying their stay, and feel very safe.

For all of you that have been in Sept/Oct (with the increased crowds), how has the wait times been for the boats to MK? For the enclosed larger boats, is the outside area at the front open for standing?
We walked down to the boats 1 hour before the Magic Kingdom opened and the line was all the way to the end of the pier. With social distancing it looks longer than it is and we were able to board the first boat. It arrived approximately at 8:20am with the park opening at 9:00am. We were the last group to board before the boat reached capacity. They stated a second boat was enroute in less than 10 minutes. The outside areas at the front of the boat have seating for a few people, but half are marked off, so only two seats are available which would sit 5 people total. Standing was not offered.

We walked down to the boats 1 hour before the Magic Kingdom opened and the line was all the way to the end of the pier. With social distancing it looks longer than it is and we were able to board the first boat. It arrived approximately at 8:20am with the park opening at 9:00am. We were the last group to board before the boat reached capacity. They stated a second boat was enroute in less than 10 minutes. The outside areas at the front of the boat have seating for a few people, but half are marked off, so only two seats are available which would sit 5 people total. Standing was not offered.

Thanks, this is super helpful!

We were happy with the number of boats running, there were multiples. To piggyback on what a PP said, I didn’t see standing permitted at all, whether outside or in. The captains were monitoring to make sure they only let the correct number of parties on for everyone to have a seat.

My parents went yesterday (Columbus Day)...Park opening was 8:00 AM. They went down to the boat dock around 7:45 and were on a boat with 6 other people that left CCV right around 8AM. My guess is the first boat may have had more people on it, but their boat that left right as the park would have been opening, only had 6 people on it. My dad sent a picture of the castle from just inside the gates at 8:20 so overall, from the time they walked down and got into the park - about 40 minutes elapsed. They came back around 4:30 PM (dinner reservation at Art Smith's at 6) and said that boat had maybe 15-20 people on it (4 other families), and waited about 15 minutes for it to get them. They were the last ones in line, so their guess is others might have been waiting up to a half hour for the boat.

They didn't see any standing...seats were open in the front of the boat and the back of the boat only from what my mom could tell, and she got the impression Standing was not allowed at this time, but didn't ask or see anyone ask to know for sure.

Trip Summary from my parents (10/8-10/13):

Transportation: no real issues to report...everything was quick and efficient for their times of travel.

- Epcot Friday...Park opening was 11...they walked to bus at 10:30, and bus was waiting, on bus and in park a little after 11. Park Closed at 9...closed the park down...on bus at 9:15 with no issues and back to hotel.
- Animal Kingdom Saturday...8AM opening...walked down to bus at 8:15...short wait (about 10-15 minutes, got on first bus and were in park around 9AM). Park closed at 6...left park at close...on bus by 6:15 with no issues again
- Magic Kingdom Monday (Columbus Day)...8 AM Opening...walked to boat at 7:45...on boat by 8 and in park by 8:20. 6 other people on the boat. Boat back at 4:30...waited about 15 minutes, got on first boat to come through.
- Disney Springs (went Thursday Night, Sunday Night and Monday Night). No issues with busing either way on Thursday and Sunday. Last night they had about a 45 minute wait to get on a bus back to CCV from Disney Springs at 8PM. This was the first bus they saw while waiting to go back. (they went back at some times on Thursday and Sunday with no issues).

The Hotel:

This was their first time staying there and they loved it. They started in a studio - Room 1148 and said it was nice and quiet. On Saturday night in middle of the night, the A/C stopped working, Sunday they made a note of it to the front desk and maintenance, Sunday was their resort only day, so they hung at the pool all day, checked in with the Front Desk and Maintenance to see how things were coming, and were told they were being moved to a different room due to the A/C issues. Ended up getting moved to 1-bedroom Villa Room 2130, which was a handicap accessible room. So overall, a nice upgrade, and Disney made the best of the situation for them, and they were obviously very excited to stay in a 1-bedroom the last 2 nights of the trip. They relaxed by the pool twice, with no issues of having to wait to get in, and were able to get chairs both times (Thursday afternoon and Sunday morning until about 1PM they were there).

The Parks:

They felt very safe within each of the parks. Magic Kingdom was definitely the most crowded of the 3 they visited on Monday (understandable given it was Columbus Day). Animal Kingdom had boat caravans going which my mom said were very cute. They saw 2 caravans at Magic Kingdom yesterday. Disney Springs after 7 was a madhouse in my mom's words, the nights they were there...but when they got there the nights they went (typically around 4-430) it was not bad at all. Definitely picks up as the night goes on and the parks start to let out.

The Rides:

Every wait time was over estimated. They started timing themselves at Magic Kingdom Yesterday, and wait times were anywhere from 15-30 minutes over estimated. For example. Haunted Mansion had a posted wait time of 50 minutes. They timed themselves from the time they got in line, and when they got off the ride it had taken 39 minutes total.
- They did every ride in Epcot (Soarin had a 30 minute posted wait time a little after park opening, and it took 15 minutes to get on). The longest wait time for them was Frozen ever After (posted wait time of 60 minutes, and took about 40 they estimated around 1PM that day).
- They did every ride in Animal Kingdom except Triceroptops Spin. FOP had longest posted wait time of 60 minutes (took about 40) everything else was about 15-25 minute waits.
- Magic Kingdom - They did Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Carousel of Progress, Pooh, Peter Pan, Small World, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of Carribean and Splash Mountain, and saw 2 caravans all by 4PM. Haunted Mansion surprisingly was their longest wait time of the day (They did Peter Pan and Space when they got there and had 20-30 minute posted wait times that took 10-15 minutes).

Food: Didn't ask for a lot of specifics of what they ate yet.

Thursday - Lunch at Geyser Point and Dinner at Whsipering Canyon - both were delicious
Friday - Ate at Food and Wine stands (France/Germany/Italy) - I know they had a bratwurst on a pretzel, Flatbread and tortellini dish, and puffed pastry. Also had macarroons, funnel cakes, and an apple streudel type dessert, as well as a number of frozen alcoholic drinks. They loved their day in epcot
Saturday - Roaring Fork breakfast (mobile order - was quick and efficient)...grabbed some snacks for lunch in Animal Kingdom and then ate at Rainforest Cafe
Sunday - Breakfast at Whispering Canyon (made this reservation on Saturday Night), Lunch at Geyser Point to watch the football games, Dinner at Ragland Road (made this reservation Sunday - that day - while sitting at the pool.) Fish and Chips and Shepherds Pie at Ragland Road and both were great, they skipped the bread pudding because my dad wanted Gelato and to get to the Christmas Store there before it got to crowded.
Monday - lunch at Pinnochios, Dinner at Art Smith's Homecoming...I know they got the Thigh High Biscuits/Fried Green Tomatoes and Braises Short Ribs and split them. The manager comped their Desserts (I asked if something was wrong, and my dad swears everything was perfect, and they didn't wait long for anything. He said the manager was making his rounds talking to everyone, and talked to my dad for about 10-15 minutes (my dad is an IT guy that works for several restaurants in PA on their POS systems) and from that conversation he said, dessert is on me so they got a hummingbird cake to go and a chocolate pecan pie to go.
Tuesday - Breakfast at Whispering Canyon before going to airport (made this reservation Monday night).

Overall, it was a great trip, they felt very safe, got to do everything they wanted to do and see, and even added in a ragland road dinner that they weren't expecting to make at the last minute. The mobile ordering for quick services was efficient and quick, and outside of Disney Springs after 7, they felt crowds were very manageable even on a busier long weekend like Columbus Day.

If you want to know anything esle...feel free to ask away.

Last edited:
Trip Summary from my parents (10/8-10/13):

Transportation: no real issues to report...everything was quick and efficient for their times of travel.

- Epcot Friday...Park opening was 11...they walked to bus at 10:30, and bus was waiting, on bus and in park a little after 11. Park Closed at 9...closed the park down...on bus at 9:15 with no issues and back to hotel.
- Animal Kingdom Saturday...8AM opening...walked down to bus at 8:15...short wait (about 10-15 minutes, got on first bus and were in park around 9AM). Park closed at 6...left park at close...on bus by 6:15 with no issues again
- Magic Kingdom Monday (Columbus Day)...8 AM Opening...walked to boat at 7:45...on boat by 8 and in park by 8:20. 6 other people on the boat. Boat back at 4:30...waited about 15 minutes, got on first boat to come through.
- Disney Springs (went Thursday Night, Sunday Night and Monday Night). No issues with busing either way on Thursday and Sunday. Last night they had about a 45 minute wait to get on a bus back to CCV from Disney Springs at 8PM. This was the first bus they saw while waiting to go back. (they went back at some times on Thursday and Sunday with no issues).

The Hotel:

This was their first time staying there and they loved it. They started in a studio - Room 1148 and said it was nice and quiet. On Saturday night in middle of the night, the A/C stopped working, Sunday they made a note of it to the front desk and maintenance, Sunday was their resort only day, so they hung at the pool all day, checked in with the Front Desk and Maintenance to see how things were coming, and were told they were being moved to a different room due to the A/C issues. Ended up getting moved to 1-bedroom Villa Room 2130, which was a handicap accessible room. So overall, a nice upgrade, and Disney made the best of the situation for them, and they were obviously very excited to stay in a 1-bedroom the last 2 nights of the trip. They relaxed by the pool twice, with no issues of having to wait to get in, and were able to get chairs both times (Thursday afternoon and Sunday morning until about 1PM they were there).

The Parks:

They felt very safe within each of the parks. Magic Kingdom was definitely the most crowded of the 3 they visited on Monday (understandable given it was Columbus Day). Animal Kingdom had boat caravans going which my mom said were very cute. They saw 2 caravans at Magic Kingdom yesterday. Disney Springs after 7 was a madhouse in my mom's words, the nights they were there...but when they got there the nights they went (typically around 4-430) it was not bad at all. Definitely picks up as the night goes on and the parks start to let out.

The Rides:

Every wait time was over estimated. They started timing themselves at Magic Kingdom Yesterday, and wait times were anywhere from 15-30 minutes over estimated. For example. Haunted Mansion had a posted wait time of 50 minutes. They timed themselves from the time they got in line, and when they got off the ride it had taken 39 minutes total.
- They did every ride in Epcot (Soarin had a 30 minute posted wait time a little after park opening, and it took 15 minutes to get on). The longest wait time for them was Frozen ever After (posted wait time of 60 minutes, and took about 40 they estimated around 1PM that day).
- They did every ride in Animal Kingdom except Triceroptops Spin. FOP had longest posted wait time of 60 minutes (took about 40) everything else was about 15-25 minute waits.
- Magic Kingdom - They did Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Carousel of Progress, Pooh, Peter Pan, Small World, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of Carribean and Splash Mountain, and saw 2 caravans all by 4PM. Haunted Mansion surprisingly was their longest wait time of the day (They did Peter Pan and Space when they got there and had 20-30 minute posted wait times that took 10-15 minutes).

Food: Didn't ask for a lot of specifics of what they ate yet.

Thursday - Lunch at Geyser Point and Dinner at Whsipering Canyon - both were delicious
Friday - Ate at Food and Wine stands (France/Germany/Italy) - I know they had a bratwurst on a pretzel, Flatbread and tortellini dish, and puffed pastry. Also had macarroons, funnel cakes, and an apple streudel type dessert, as well as a number of frozen alcoholic drinks. They loved their day in epcot
Saturday - Roaring Fork breakfast (mobile order - was quick and efficient)...grabbed some snacks for lunch in Animal Kingdom and then ate at Rainforest Cafe
Sunday - Breakfast at Whispering Canyon (made this reservation on Saturday Night), Lunch at Geyser Point to watch the football games, Dinner at Ragland Road (made this reservation Sunday - that day - while sitting at the pool.) Fish and Chips and Shepherds Pie at Ragland Road and both were great, they skipped the bread pudding because my dad wanted Gelato and to get to the Christmas Store there before it got to crowded.
Monday - lunch at Pinnochios, Dinner at Art Smith's Homecoming...I know they got the Thigh High Biscuits/Fried Green Tomatoes and Braises Short Ribs and split them. The manager comped their Desserts (I asked if something was wrong, and my dad swears everything was perfect, and they didn't wait long for anything. He said the manager was making his rounds talking to everyone, and talked to my dad for about 10-15 minutes (my dad is an IT guy that works for several restaurants in PA on their POS systems) and from that conversation he said, dessert is on me so they got a hummingbird cake to go and a chocolate pecan pie to go.
Tuesday - Breakfast at Whispering Canyon before going to airport (made this reservation Monday night).

Overall, it was a great trip, they felt very safe, got to do everything they wanted to do and see, and even added in a ragland road dinner that they weren't expecting to make at the last minute. The mobile ordering for quick services was efficient and quick, and outside of Disney Springs after 7, they felt crowds were very manageable even on a busier long weekend like Columbus Day.

If you want to know anything esle...feel free to ask away.
Thanks for sharing their trip. It is good to hear what is happening from people on the ground.

Just booked our first CCV stay Dec 16-17 in a Deluxe Studio (walk-in shower). We’re doing a split stay including 2 nights at BLT in a 1BV lake view.

We are looking to join the DVC ranks, always travel during the first 3 weeks of December, and think we have it narrowed to these 2. Will also tour RIV while there.

We’re excited about the Christmas decorations at CCV. There’s nothing like Christmastime at WDW!

Just booked our first CCV stay Dec 16-17 in a Deluxe Studio (walk-in shower). We’re doing a split stay including 2 nights at BLT in a 1BV lake view.

We are looking to join the DVC ranks, always travel during the first 3 weeks of December, and think we have it narrowed to these 2. Will also tour RIV while there.

We’re excited about the Christmas decorations at CCV. There’s nothing like Christmastime at WDW!

Booking studios in December is extremely difficult. Unless you have a guaranteed week, I would recommend against it.

Booking studios in December is extremely difficult. Unless you have a guaranteed week, I would recommend against it.

Thanks. We plan on enough points for 1BVs for our family of 4. We stayed at Jambo in a 1BV 2 years ago and loved it! This will be our first Studio stay, but it was all that was available last Friday when we made reservations.

We’re anxious to compare AKV vs CCV Christmas decorations...and hoping the CCV vs BLT decision will not be too difficult.

Thanks. We plan on enough points for 1BVs for our family of 4. We stayed at Jambo in a 1BV 2 years ago and loved it! This will be our first Studio stay, but it was all that was available last Friday when we made reservations.

We’re anxious to compare AKV vs CCV Christmas decorations...and hoping the CCV vs BLT decision will not be too difficult.
I think you can't make a bad choice. CCV was the right choice for us, but I loved my stay at BLT on a 1BR and it would be a great choice for 4. The studio wasn't our fave, but it worked for 2 people. Enjoy your trip!

Got here around 10 pm last night. Dropped our stuff and went straight to Geyser Point for dinner, but we didn't know that they stop serving the full menu at 10! They only had 5 things. We got two Cheesy BBQ Briskets with house made chips and Teriyaki Chicken Wings. It wasn't what we wanted but it was so delicious. Pretty small portions but we were starving after a 4.5 hour flight and several hours since lunch.

Roaring Fork took a little longer around 8 am than I expected. They package your order to go which was greatly appreciated. Got to the bus stop at 8:35 and that was good enough for the second bus to Hollywood Studios. However, MMRR was already posted at 90 minutes when we walked up at 9:24! We walked off 60 minutes later. We liked it, but the boys said not worth an hour wait. We won't be back for at least 3 years so it should be old hat by then. We had long, hot, sweaty, hard-to-breathe waits the rest of the day, but we did everything except Tower of Terror and left at 6:30. DS's Mandalorian The Child Magic Band flew off on Slinky Dog Dash which prompted tears. An awesome CM noticed his sadness and offered a complimentary Mickey bar! That really helped. The virtual chat in the MDE app was immediately helpful, gave me the link to submit a lost item report, deactivated his band, and told me to go to our resort front desk to get a replacement solid color band. Ate dinner at Whispering Canyon, which has been a favorite of ours and it didn't disappoint.

Before I forget, we're in 2107, first 1 bedroom to the left out of the lobby, which I think is a fantastic location! We had/have a gecko friend, and saw a white frog on the patio. No view of the pool or lake, but a nice ambiance peering into the lobby. I'll take some pictures and post later.

Sorry didn't mean to write a novel! Let me know if you have any questions. Tomorrow is Magic Kingdom!

Got here around 10 pm last night. Dropped our stuff and went straight to Geyser Point for dinner, but we didn't know that they stop serving the full menu at 10! They only had 5 things. We got two Cheesy BBQ Briskets with house made chips and Teriyaki Chicken Wings. It wasn't what we wanted but it was so delicious. Pretty small portions but we were starving after a 4.5 hour flight and several hours since lunch.

Roaring Fork took a little longer around 8 am than I expected. They package your order to go which was greatly appreciated. Got to the bus stop at 8:35 and that was good enough for the second bus to Hollywood Studios. However, MMRR was already posted at 90 minutes when we walked up at 9:24! We walked off 60 minutes later. We liked it, but the boys said not worth an hour wait. We won't be back for at least 3 years so it should be old hat by then. We had long, hot, sweaty, hard-to-breathe waits the rest of the day, but we did everything except Tower of Terror and left at 6:30. DS's Mandalorian The Child Magic Band flew off on Slinky Dog Dash which prompted tears. An awesome CM noticed his sadness and offered a complimentary Mickey bar! That really helped. The virtual chat in the MDE app was immediately helpful, gave me the link to submit a lost item report, deactivated his band, and told me to go to our resort front desk to get a replacement solid color band. Ate dinner at Whispering Canyon, which has been a favorite of ours and it didn't disappoint.

Before I forget, we're in 2107, first 1 bedroom to the left out of the lobby, which I think is a fantastic location! We had/have a gecko friend, and saw a white frog on the patio. No view of the pool or lake, but a nice ambiance peering into the lobby. I'll take some pictures and post later.

Sorry didn't mean to write a novel! Let me know if you have any questions. Tomorrow is Magic Kingdom!

Thanks for sharing! Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!