•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

They have have ran a Facebook page dedicated to WL for years, and claim to have followers with inside information. It really isn’t that risky of a prediction though, it has been over five years since the regular rooms were updated and they are showing some wear. Time will tell if their predictions are correct. Fortunately it should have little effect on the Copper Creek side of things.

It seems people are changing their plans based on this person's posts (posts by the person who runs the Facebook page, not by GrandCalifornian).

It seems people are changing their plans based on this person's posts (posts by the person who runs the Facebook page, not by GrandCalifornian).
Yeah, that seems silly to me. I wouldn't change my plans to visit WL based on things ANYONE online said. :) Compared to the main pool refurbishment and all the Copper Creek construction, I really don't think room refurbishments are that big of a deal. It will negatively affect the number of rooms available, but that might be more than offset by the number of people it scares away.

Just bought a fixed studio week! Purchased July 2018/September UY. Hello neighbors!

:welcome:and Congrats!!!!! Happy to have you as a neighbor!!!! My family is actually all sitting on the couch right now watching videos of CCV!!! It truly is such a beautiful place!!! Did you book your first trip yet?! I’ll be sure to put you on the first page!!

*WELCOME HOME!*

Yeah, that seems silly to me. I wouldn't change my plans to visit WL based on things ANYONE online said. :) Compared to the main pool refurbishment and all the Copper Creek construction, I really don't think room refurbishments are that big of a deal. It will negatively affect the number of rooms available, but that might be more than offset by the number of people it scares away.

You may of coarse do as you chose :).

Wife and I, DVC for over 8 years? We tend to listen to those that actually know :). This is not a silly man :).
Now please, enjoy YOUR vacation :).

Wife and I, DVC for over 8 years? We tend to listen to those that actually know :). This is not a silly man :).

Nine year DVC member, but this will be my first time in any type of room at Wilderness Lodge, so I haven't paid attention and don't know who the knowledgeable people are. I'm usually over on the Beach Club and BoardWalk threads (with occasional stops in the Animal Kingdom Lodge threads).

:welcome:and Congrats!!!!! Happy to have you as a neighbor!!!! My family is actually all sitting on the couch right now watching videos of CCV!!! It truly is such a beautiful place!!! Did you book your first trip yet?! I’ll be sure to put you on the first page!!

*WELCOME HOME!*
Our first trip will be the fixed week December 2019, 12/8-12/15, 2019. Thank you!!

Hey guys!! Our Sister Board,
Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE, BOULDER RIDGE VILLAS, COPPER CREEK VILLAS and CABINS Information Thread, is reporting a Rumored refurbishment for Fall. Looks like it’s main building rooms being impacted. Just thought you’d like a heads up too. Visit Humphrey’s Unofficial Wilderness Lodge Page for full details. Thank you @Humphrey's Lodge for the heads up!

Assuming it is true, I am hoping it is over before our December 2019 trip -- our track record for WL renovations is not great -- 3 of our last 4 trips (spread over several years) it was under renovation ! :-(

That said, if they are switching to laminate floors, lighter colour rooms, more electrical outlets, and handheld showerheads, I am looking forward to the changes.

SW

Agreed; I would think most of the work will be hidden from view, just having blocked off floors. Not a big deal, especially compared to the larger previous exterior renovations -- we stayed during those, and while the resort wasn't the same as without the construction, it was certainly still an enjoyable stay.

SW

My post may not have been clear. I completely agree that Humphrey’s is a well connected and valid source of information and knows what is likely happening at WL.

What I consider “silly” is freaking out over room renovations, but that is just my opinion. I’ve stayed at WL during room renovations, pool refurbishments, and the Cooper Creek conversion, and it is still a great resort. Many will feel otherwise, and that will decrease crowds for the rest of us.

My post may not have been clear. I completely agree that Humphrey’s is a well connected and valid source of information and knows what is likely happening at WL.

What I consider “silly” is freaking out over room renovations, but that is just my opinion. I’ve stayed at WL during room renovations, pool refurbishments, and the Cooper Creek conversion, and it is still a great resort. Many will feel otherwise, and that will decrease crowds for the rest of us.
Please explain how you perceived this person "freaking out" ?

Please explain how you perceived this person "freaking out" ?

Another member was asking about why people would change plans based on room refurbishments:

It seems people are changing their plans based on this person's posts (posts by the person who runs the Facebook page, not by GrandCalifornian)

Some are clearly more upset by it than others. To each their own.

We are so excited! One month from today we arrive for our stay in a Copper Creek Dedicated 2 Bedroom. We can’t wait to be home at the lodge. We’ll take lots of pics, and can answer any questions anyone has. We will try to confirm the floor plan for the first floor as well, which we think we have figured out.

So exciting! Can’t wait to hear all about it and see all of your pictures!!! Hope you have a great trip!!

We are so excited! One month from today we arrive for our stay in a Copper Creek Dedicated 2 Bedroom. We can’t wait to be home at the lodge. We’ll take lots of pics, and can answer any questions anyone has. We will try to confirm the floor plan for the first floor as well, which we think we have figured out.

Can't wait to hear all about it! We're staying in the same type of room next May. It's gonna feel like a super long school year waiting for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter