•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

New owner here. Booked a stay for 1 night in a studio before a cruise and booked the RS add on. Booked before we bought our points. Used OKW points. Bought about 2.5 weeks ago, Aug UY so just in time to get 2017 points. Saving points up to hopefully get a couple nights in a cabin next year. Hope to add more CCV points in future.

lovin'fl *July 2018* August

lovin'fl: 10/05-10/06 1st Stay as owner at CCV

:welcome:And Congrats! Happy to have you as a Neighbor! I appreciate you formatting your information for me!! Made it so easy for me to add to Page 1! Points add ones are addictive! (But fun!) hope you visit us here often, we love chatting about CCV and WL! Enjoy planning your first stay!

*WELCOME HOME!*

PS- Page 1 is updated.

DH and I just purchased in May, so I am so thankful for this thread. Would it be crazy of me to try and book for 2 nights just for MNSSHP? At this point I imaging I would be out of luck. We normally go in Feb for our anniversary and I just realized I missed the 7 month window so there might not even be rooms available. How long did it take everyone to get the hang of DVC?

DH and I just purchased in May, so I am so thankful for this thread. Would it be crazy of me to try and book for 2 nights just for MNSSHP? At this point I imaging I would be out of luck. We normally go in Feb for our anniversary and I just realized I missed the 7 month window so there might not even be rooms available. How long did it take everyone to get the hang of DVC?
:welcome: Glad to have you join. We read a lot about DVC before buying (mostly on the DVC boards here), so we felt ok with the strategies we needed when we bought our contract. We are certainly still learning. It is always worth looking to see what is available if you want to go. This group is great when you have questions!

Last edited:

:welcome:and Congrats! Happy you found us! As far as booking for the party, it might be tough, but not impossible. If nothing is available, You can always waitlist and see if something pops up! You never know. Good luck! I’ll be sure to get you on Page 1. What’s your UY? Thanks!

*WELCOME HOME*

Welcome and congratulations. There is lots to learn about details of DVC, but the basics come pretty quickly. The DVC Member website is nice to search for resort availability. It would be tough to get a studio on short notice, but you never know. You can check the availability for each room type and might find nights available that would work for you. The waitlist option is another possibility too. Finally you could (gasp) consider staying at another resort. OKW and Saratoga Springs tend to have better availability, but it is tough to spend points on them that you could save for Copper Creek.

Feel free to ask questions as you learn about banking, borrowing, and use years and people around here will gladly help you out. There are a few tricky things, but once you figure out how you want to use your Membership it is a great way to go.

October through Marathon weekend in January is the most heavily booked days of the year for DVC members. So it could be difficult to get a couple of days this fall. You sure could try. I understand some dates have recently opened up at Animal Kingdom Villas (AKV). Also you could waitlist your two nights or book one night and waitlist the other one. But if you really have your heart set on a specific resort you might be disappointed. At this time of year it is usually easier to get into a large resort like OKW, SSR or AKV. BWV is large but being an EPCOT resort it is hard to get into during the fall after the 7 month mark.

Good luck and welcome home.

It varies how long it takes people to get the hang of owning DVC. Some do tons of research before buying, so they generally catch on quickly. Others might do a bit less research, so it generally takes a bit longer to figure things out. As mentioned, you will catch on to the basics fairly quickly, and this board and others are great places to start in terms of asking questions. We all were new to DVC at some point, and for me after nearly a decade and a half of owning, I still don't know everything or forget things I once knew. MNSSHP is going to be a tough get this close to the dates. February, on the other hand, is likely doable if you're willing to stay in a larger resort, though you might have to do a wait list. If you haven't done so, go to the member website and check room availability. Congratulations, and I hope you enjoy your membership as much as we have!

We are remodeling our kitchen and really like the granite that Disney put into the kitchens of the Copper Creek cabins.

Does anyone know the name of that granite? Or, does anyone have any close-up photos to share that shows the pattern and the gold (pyrite I assume) flecks?

We probably can't afford it, but it's worth checking.

Thanks!

We are remodeling our kitchen and really like the granite that Disney put into the kitchens of the Copper Creek cabins.

Does anyone know the name of that granite? Or, does anyone have any close-up photos to share that shows the pattern and the gold (pyrite I assume) flecks?

Thanks!

I would be really surprised if they are real granite... it’s so expensive. They make a lot of composite granite substiturptes, and even some laminates look like granite patterns...

First stay at Copper Creek coming up in January (Studio with walk-in shower); does anyone have any room request recommendations?
Welcome! We like to request a high floor and open to the lobby, since the view from both sides of the room is great that way. There are studios on each floor, and we have confirmed many of them to be walk in shower rooms, so that shouldn't limit your location options. The floorplan maps here show where the different room types are on each floor. There are a lot of studios on the first floor, and some people prefer being on the ground floor, but we like to be higher up for better views.

Last edited:

Thanks!

We're pretty sure it is real granite, and has a raw edge that looks neat. If nobody gets you any pictures any sooner we'll take some when we're there in a few weeks, but here's one from last year:

I never thought to ask this question... BR has a splendid little lobby area. Does CC have a lobby, “hang out “ area or does it construe the WL lobby as their lobby for that?

I never thought to ask this question... BR has a splendid little lobby area. Does CC have a lobby, “hang out “ area or does it construe the WL lobby as their lobby for that?

Since most of CC is within the main building, the main lobby and various sitting areas that are scattered throughout the resort work quite well. All of the resort's shared amenities (pools, lobbies, and common areas) are available to all guests, whether staying at either DVC resort or staying on the hotel side. It's all Wilderness Lodge, and it's all good. :yay:

As GrandCalifornian says, all the common areas are open to all guests. If you want to find a little less populated, quieter locale, then it's tough to beat the VWL lobby and Iron Spike room, however.

As a BRV owner and now CCV owner, I can tell you each has a little different experience to offer but both are still “home” to us. We absolutely love the “ quiet “ side and love the villas lobby. However, we’re looking forward to our “ lodge” stay and finding all the secret sitting areas. Just love VWL!!!:cloud9:

Welcome! We like to request a high floor and open to the lobby, since the view from both sides of the room is great that way. There are studios on each floor, and we have confirmed many of them to be walk in shower rooms, so that shouldn't limit your location options. The floorplan maps here show where the different room types are on each floor. There are a lot of studios on the first floor, and some people prefer being on the ground floor, but we like to be higher up for better views.
Can you say which rooms on the map are “ alternate studios” rooms?

Can you say which rooms on the map are “ alternate studios” rooms?

I know this one! I copied from people's posts and kept it.

The “alternate studios” have a bit of a separate bed area because they are in the corner locations in the building that used to be Deluxe rooms. They appear to have more space than a normal studio. They are located at the bend in the hallway, overlooking the waterfall in the main pool courtyard.

Rooms 2115, 3115, 4115, 5115, 6115, 7115 (room numbers x115 where x is the floor number 2 through 7), 1166 and 1168.

They are not a separate bookable category.

I know this one! I copied from people's posts and kept it.

The “alternate studios” have a bit of a separate bed area because they are in the corner locations in the building that used to be Deluxe rooms. They appear to have more space than a normal studio. They are located at the bend in the hallway, overlooking the waterfall in the main pool courtyard.

Rooms 2115, 3115, 4115, 5115, 6115, 7115 (room numbers x115 where x is the floor number 2 through 7), 1166 and 1168.

They are not a separate bookable category.
Thank you! Would you happen to know which of these have a tub/shower combo?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!