🎄 2020 Candlelight Processional Dining Watch

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-seasonal-events-at-walt-disney-world-resort/
...Looking ahead to the holiday season, this may spark questions about Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays, which includes the Candlelight Processional. We are monitoring our new environment closely, and will make a decision on these events as we continue to learn more from government and health officials. As always, our goal is to explore every option and look at ways in which we can still host events and festivals full of Disney magic, while still operating responsibly with the health and safety of our guests and cast members in mind.

Always been my fave event at Disney ANY time of the year (CP)
Just think it's absolutely beautiful - that being said, with the new social distancing guidelines, I don't see how you can possible have a choir performing AND social distance in the theatre given the crowd (even at a reduced capacity) that CP normally attracts -

One of the reasons why experts in the field think that cases are high in houses of worship is due to the closed in area, AND the fact that people are talking (answering prayers,) and singing (which causes droplets to be as free)

Choir will have same issue 🙁

This is hands down my favorite holiday event at Walt Disney World and we haven't missed it in 12 years, but I'm really wondering if it can possibly go on this year. Between trying to convince celebrities to fly in, getting the choirs together, packing everyone into the theatre...it just sounds impossible. I'll keep my fingers crossed though.

My hope for Candlelight is that maybe they'll only let those with dining packages be seated and will somehow enforce social distancing in the amphitheater so that families are six feet apart, maybe every other row front to back? And I'd be fine with it just being Disney vocalists and a Disney narrator, plus that glorious orchestra. As long as I get to hear Christmas music and the Christmas story, I don't care who's singing and narrating.

I can imagine a crowd of non-dining package folks trying to form behind the seats to watch and listen, but CMs would have to patrol that area and keep people moving, not allow them to loiter.

Right now Epcot is my choice for Christmas Eve during our trip, specifically for Candlelight Processional. If it doesn't happen, I'm going to be sad. But, I'll live. We'll still go graze the Holiday Kitchens and hopefully see some of the storytellers. I hope Voices of Liberty are still able to sing somewhere, somehow. And Joyful.

I am going to try to get a reservation to Epcot on November 27 in hopes that if they are able to have CP on the original dates scheduled. I would love to see it in any form.

It doesn’t look good, but I’m not going to lose hope, yet. Obviously it will depend on the (statement) local government/health and also how the modified F&WF goes. The festival should give us some clues.

As far as choirs, churches were doing virtual choirs during closure, and the one I saw was absolutely beautiful. The singers were on split screens, and the conductor (with musicians) directed in front of the screen. The lights were dimmed, so it was mesmerizing to watch the sillouette of the choir director’s movements. That is an option, however, the seating arrangements would be a challenge. I am just not sure know how it will work.

We did the CP on Christmas Eve last year, however, our trip was cut short due to FIL’s health (left the day after Christmas). So our plan is to redo Christmas to New Years.

Last edited:
My hope for Candlelight is that maybe they'll only let those with dining packages be seated and will somehow enforce social distancing in the amphitheater so that families are six feet apart, maybe every other row front to back? And I'd be fine with it just being Disney vocalists and a Disney narrator, plus that glorious orchestra. As long as I get to hear Christmas music and the Christmas story, I don't care who's singing and narrating.

I can imagine a crowd of non-dining package folks trying to form behind the seats to watch and listen, but CMs would have to patrol that area and keep people moving, not allow them to loiter.

Right now Epcot is my choice for Christmas Eve during our trip, specifically for Candlelight Processional. If it doesn't happen, I'm going to be sad. But, I'll live. We'll still go graze the Holiday Kitchens and hopefully see some of the storytellers. I hope Voices of Liberty are still able to sing somewhere, somehow. And Joyful.
We are bookEd at EPCOT for just your above reasons. Dismiss the school kids choirs, spread out the tree vocalists and seat people. Yes, seat just like if you had a ticket with a seat number on it. I could figure that out. Perhaps they should hire me.😷🤔🙄😄

We are bookEd at EPCOT for just your above reasons. Dismiss the school kids choirs, spread out the tree vocalists and seat people. Yes, seat just like if you had a ticket with a seat number on it. I could figure that out. Perhaps they should hire me.😷🤔🙄😄
Seriously! I know singing is a big virus spreader so I would even be fine with the vocalists lip syncing to a pre recorded track even though I would prefer live singing. It would be better than not having it at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter