1,000 Show Congrats

SorcererHeidi

Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me
To all the Members of the Team -

As I indicated in the video I was grateful to be asked to participate in that was shown at your 10th Anniversary Celebration 2 years ago, I found you at a time in my life where a lot of stuff was hitting its lowest point. (probably about 5 years ago). You will probably never know how hard I held onto you all through the screen, at that time, through the "flagship" Tuesday show. You truly helped me "keep a grip" and get through work, financial, health, personal, and mindset dark times. My life ain't all unicorns and lollipops now, but I'm still here, and so are you!!! I thank you from the bottom of my heart and soul for what you mean to me, and I'm sure many others. Watching you all - and enjoying every second of new, exciting, and expanding content over the years since I first found you, truly brings me to a happier place, and I am humbled to be able to share your journey with you.

You also have brought so much knowledge into my life - about all things Disney, Universal, cruising, and travel in general. I am determined that when I can better my travel budget a bit (hopefully someday soon!) that I WILL go out and explore some of the opportunities you have made me eager for, that I only know exist because of you. My favorite destination (and therefore show) is still the "Gold Standard Tuesday Show" on Walt Disney World. But wherever I go, you can rest assured it will be through Dreams Unlimited Travel, and will take all the advice from all the shows under advisement, with grateful acceptance.

Besides the goal of being able to travel, my other Dream :) is to someday meet, and yes, hug (sorry John!!!) :) some of you in person some day, and be able to TRY and thank you all for all you have brought to my life. You truly do mean SO much to me!! HUGS!!!

Well said, Heidi.

The DIS has been such a big part of our lives over the years. We've been fortunate to meet almost the entire team, both FL and CA, and attend numerous events. There are so many people in our lives today because of the DIS. It's amazing how widespread an impact a "simple" podcast and website can have. Congrats to Pete and the gang and thank you for all you do.

Well said, Heidi.

The DIS has been such a big part of our lives over the years. We've been fortunate to meet almost the entire team, both FL and CA, and attend numerous events. There are so many people in our lives today because of the DIS. It's amazing how widespread an impact a "simple" podcast and website can have. Congrats to Pete and the gang and thank you for all you do.
Thanx, and back atcha, @disneysteve . You reminded me to also thank all the fellow posters I've "met" because of the boards/podcast, you all are also integral in my happiness! And many have become "friends I just haven't met/hugged yet", like yourself! Hoping to also change that someday! :)

Well done on reaching 1000 shows.

I love the Dis show, the article and these boards, they bring me from my little corner of the world closer to the magic.

Being part of this community has introduced me not only to amazing people; but also amazing experience as the majority of the things I do on my Disney Trips have come from people wonderful suggestion on the boards or the shows, so a big thanks for that.

Chiming with with many thanks to the team for all they do to share Disney love!

I do have to say that there is a drawback to listening to these free podcasts: It is killing my wallet!
We were inspired to go to Aulani, Disneyland and have discovered Disney Cruise Line after various podcasts on these topics and have a long bucket list of travels ahead!

Wishing you many more years of Disney podcasting!

I would like to express my gratitude as well. I look forward to all of the shows every week; and the Disneyland Edition is helping prepare me for my first trip there (perhaps 2019?!?).

Its certainly a massive network and amount of work, and I certainly appreciate it!!

There are so many people in our lives today because of the DIS.

Thanx, and back atcha, @disneysteve . You reminded me to also thank all the fellow posters I've "met" because of the boards/podcast, you all are also integral in my happiness! And many have become "friends I just haven't met/hugged yet", like yourself! Hoping to also change that someday! :)

In addition to the entertainment provided by the DIS and DIS Unplugged, I appreciate the community and friendships that I have that never would have existed otherwise.

Agreed! I have created some great friendships from this site and the podcast.

Being part of this community has introduced me not only to amazing people; but also amazing experience as the majority of the things I do on my Disney Trips have come from people wonderful suggestion on the boards or the shows, so a big thanks for that.

You're welcome, everyone.

Good show yesterday and congrads!

Did I miss Ryno giving his input on where he sees DU over the next 1,000 episodes? I don't recall hearing his input and found it odd if it was accidentally omitted.

Since it was put out there during the show yesterday, here is a something I would be interested to see being done in the future:

1) Local, non-sponsored, non-compensated, eatery reviews (partitioned by budget) within "easy" commuting distance from WDW/Universal
2) Orlando based attractions not coupled directly with WDW and/or Universal
3) Transport time comparison using onsite modes at WDW and/or Universal. I would be interested in a video review of each mode, with a crowd/time/experience rating given a time of year.

I understand a few of these may be outside the current scope of DU, but thought I would at least put it out there.

I found the Dis and Disboards about 2 years ago and it’s been awesome to talk and watch all things Disney. Congrats to the entire Dis team (both WDW and DL team) for an incredible milestone and here’s to many more!
:disrocks:

To all the Members of the Team -

As I indicated in the video I was grateful to be asked to participate in that was shown at your 10th Anniversary Celebration 2 years ago, I found you at a time in my life where a lot of stuff was hitting its lowest point. (probably about 5 years ago). You will probably never know how hard I held onto you all through the screen, at that time, through the "flagship" Tuesday show. You truly helped me "keep a grip" and get through work, financial, health, personal, and mindset dark times. My life ain't all unicorns and lollipops now, but I'm still here, and so are you!!! I thank you from the bottom of my heart and soul for what you mean to me, and I'm sure many others. Watching you all - and enjoying every second of new, exciting, and expanding content over the years since I first found you, truly brings me to a happier place, and I am humbled to be able to share your journey with you.

You also have brought so much knowledge into my life - about all things Disney, Universal, cruising, and travel in general. I am determined that when I can better my travel budget a bit (hopefully someday soon!) that I WILL go out and explore some of the opportunities you have made me eager for, that I only know exist because of you. My favorite destination (and therefore show) is still the "Gold Standard Tuesday Show" on Walt Disney World. But wherever I go, you can rest assured it will be through Dreams Unlimited Travel, and will take all the advice from all the shows under advisement, with grateful acceptance.

Besides the goal of being able to travel, my other Dream :) is to someday meet, and yes, hug (sorry John!!!) :) some of you in person some day, and be able to TRY and thank you all for all you have brought to my life. You truly do mean SO much to me!! HUGS!!!

Hmmm. uh, ah WOW!! SorcererHeidi said it better than i could ever. I have been a lurker on this site for a very long time I signed up in the mid 2000's i think. I have been trying to be more a part of the community lately because for awhile i didn't come to the site or listen to podcasts. I was laid off of my job and didn't think i would ever get back to one of the parks. But after awhile i missed it and i wanted to know what was going on in the parks even if i couldn't go. I now have a new job and me and a friend are planning on coming to the parks in 2021/2022 during food and wine. The Youtube Channel and the boards are something i now go to at least once a day.
I like the shows and people that make them. I also like all the people on the boards. The boards could not happen without all the people in the background that make it work and make if fun. I really want to thank the people that make everything happen. Because of you all i am informed, entertained and have something to do and watch. Especially all the content you put out on patreon. Thank you all i appreciate you and everything you all do. And thanks to all the people on the boards that give me news and a sense of belonging and knowing I'm not the only Disney geek.

Congrats and Thank you all!!!

Last edited:
Hmmm. uh, ah WOW!! SorcererHeidi said it better than i could ever. I have been a lurker on this site for a very long time I signed up in the mid 2000's i think. I have been trying to be more a part of the community lately because for awhile i didn't come to the site or listen to podcasts. I was laid off of my job and didn't think i would ever get back to one of the parks. But after awhile i missed it and i wanted to know what was going on in the parks even if i couldn't go. I now have a new job and me and a friend are planning on coming to the parks in 2021/2022 during food and wine. The Youtube Channel and the boards are something i now go to at least once a day.
I like the shows and people that make them. I also like all the people on the boards. The boards could not happen without all the people in the background that make it work and make if fun. I really want to thank the people that make everything happen. Because of you all i am informed, entertained and have something to do and watch. Especially all the content you put out on patreon. Thank you all i appreciate you and everything you all do. And thanks to all the people on the boards that give me news and a sense of belonging and knowing I'm not the only Disney geek.

Congrats and Thank you all!!!
Cool, @ALWEASEL - glad all is going better for you, and that you have a trip in the works - having something to look forward to, no matter how distant in the future, has always been a HUGE motivating factor for me! And Food & Wine haws always been one of my FAVORITE times to be at WDW, so bravo for you!

You also touched my heart, and put a huge smile on my face, to say my post meant something to you personally. First of all, I hope you lurk less often! Secondly, I think this relates directly to hwat @DisneyKevin said on the show yesterday, and has become my general philosophy in life the last few years (hence the "you could be the world to one person" in my signature line). The DIS content and people involved reached out and touched/made a difference in my life, my post touched yours, and so on, and so on. Like Kevin said - it's like ripples in a pond - getting bigger and bigger, and touching more and more people. And you know what? I like to think that's exactly what Walt would have wanted, and he's grinning form Mickey ear to Mickey ear to see something like this happen! :)

Thanx for being a ripple in my pond, putting a smile on my face and in my heart, and let's hope our ripples reach others out there! :)

P.S. Yes - I am getting VERY soppy and corny in my old age!! But it's heart (and soul) felt, I can assure you! So sue me! :)

Last edited:
Would have loved to have seen Julie on the show, because she was one of the original team members. Well not the original, but she was there in the early days.
I would assume it's extremely hard for her and Corey to both be on the show, and out of the home, at the same time; hence they rotate appearances. But I also know how you spell assume. :o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter