1/19/18 -- Disney Dream Mouseketeers!

tinkerbelltwins

DIS Veteran
A warm hello to all of you Disney Dream Mouseketeers who will set sail on the Disney Dream for three glorious nights in January 2018. We will leave from Port Canaveral on January 19th for the Bahamas. The next day we will be in Nassau, and then on January 21st we will spend the morning and afternoon on Castaway Cay.

Who else is going?

Post #2 will have our roll call.

Post #3 will be reserved for special announcements.

Post #4 will be reserved for Fish Extender names.

Disney Dream January 19, 2018 - 3 Day Bahama Cruise

Whoo Hoo :cool1:

We're going on a Disney Cruise!

As you can tell I am excited to be back on the Dream.
How about you?
Who else is sailing with us?

Disney Dream January 22, 2018 Roll Call

Pixiehallow
Frozen47 / Mickey4magic23
Chitownpnthr
daco123
Poohbear912
sbnml10
tarheelz
helloiambaymax
Mimi-Anne
Dory85
AbbbyLeePAPD

(I will start the next 3 posts so that they can be edited later with any activities, meet and greets, etc. that we plan)

We just turned our place holder into the sea part of our land and sea vacation next year.:woohoo:
We have 3 in our cabin, myself (Tink), my DH, and our 17 year old DS.
I am excited to see that a thread was already started for this sailing. We just got home from a re-positioning cruise on the Wonder.
I had started the thread for that sailing and thus over saw the FE and and all of the other planned activities. So my hats off to you Beth, I already appreciate all of the hard work and hours you will put in for the group.
I look forward to getting to know you, and planning for an awesome cruise together.

~Tink~

Last edited:
FE List
Group 1
Pixiehallow
Frozen47 / Mickey4magic23
Chitownpnthr
daco123
Poohbear912
Chitownpnthr +1
Chitownpnthr +2
Mimi-Anne
Dory85
AbbbyLeePAPD​

Planned activities - SEE POST #10
( further down this page)

Meet and Greet

Mixology

any other suggestions
There has been a suggestion for at least 4 other types of exchanges -
recipe exchange

magnet exchange

ornament exchange

Wine Sampling

~Tink~

Last edited:
This post is reserved for Fish Extender names. If you'd like to participate, please post in the thread and I will add you into this spot. When we get closer we can figure out the arrangements.

I am new to the forum and starting to get familiar to it. We are also taking the same trip. Husband, myself and our little 9yr old princess.
I am interested in The fish extender programs. Would be my first time so any advise on how this works would be appreciated! :)

Last edited:

I am new to the forum and starting to get familiar to it. We are also taking the same trip. Husband, myself and our little 9yr old princess.
I am interested in The fish extender programs. Would be my first time so any advise on how this works would be appreciated! :)
Hi, and welcome to the group Frozen47!
:welcome::welcome::welcome:
I recently made a video all about FE's. It would be a good starting place to answer some questions you may have, and ones you didn't know you had. It is on YouTube. My page is Tink Moments, and the video is titled FE - Start here for everything you need to know and information no one else will tell you (I actually have a few Disney cruise planning videos up).
I am not sure if the originator of this thread has got an FE list going or not. I joined this group back in Feb. and haven't heard from them yet. I would be happy to show you the ropes, and help you get an FE off the ground if we don't hear back from tinkerbelltwins.
Also, since we have others joining, I will start posting more regularly.
We are on this sailing, and the one after it and I am excited to be planning our next cruises. Have you been on a Disney cruise before?

~Tink~

Hello Pixiehallow: This would be our first disney cruise and we are really excited about FE. Count me in if you decide to take charge in organizing the FE. We are from Florida and looking forward to have a great and blessed time!

Hi, and welcome to the group Frozen47!
I recently made a video all about FE's. It would be a good starting place to answer some questions you may have, and ones you didn't know you had. It is on YouTube. My page is Tink Moments, and the video is titled FE - Start here for everything you need to know and information no one else will tell you (I actually have a few Disney cruise planning videos up).
I am not sure if the originator of this thread has got an FE list going or not. I joined this group back in Feb. and haven't heard from them yet. I would be happy to show you the ropes, and help you get an FE off the ground if we don't hear back from tinkerbelltwins.
Also, since we have others joining, I will start posting more regularly.
We are on this sailing, and the one after it and I am excited to be planning our next cruises. Have you been on a Disney cruise before?

~Tink~

Hello Pixiehallow: This would be our first disney cruise and we are really excited about FE. Count me in if you decide to take charge in organizing the FE. We are from Florida and looking forward to have a great and blessed time!
If you have any questions, please let me know. I love talking Disney, and sharing my experiences. My hubby and I are tossing around the idea of doing the FE, but not sure how we would make it work now that we added the cruise after this one for a back to back.
What part are you from? We are hoping to be able to spend a few months of the year in the Sunshine state (even though each time we arrive -whether by car or air- we are greeted by rain).

~Tink~

If you have any questions, please let me know. I love talking Disney, and sharing my experiences. My hubby and I are tossing around the idea of doing the FE, but not sure how we would make it work now that we added the cruise after this one for a back to back.
What part are you from? We are hoping to be able to spend a few months of the year in the Sunshine state (even though each time we arrive -whether by car or air- we are greeted by rain).

~Tink~

We are from Jacksonville. The best times to come to Florida are March to May. Barely any rain and the temperature is perfect. Before the extreme hot visit us in June.
Let's hope there will be FE on this ship :)

We are from Jacksonville. The best times to come to Florida are March to May. Barely any rain and the temperature is perfect. Before the extreme hot visit us in June.
Let's hope there will be FE on this ship :)
On our cruise this past January, the requests to join an FE started in about June, and really started to rev up in Oct. We had 2 groups of 10 fill up in Dec. alone.
As for Florida, my husband is hoping to have the business locale in Florida from January or February to about April every year. As he puts it, we will be chasing 80 degrees. For me it is more like I will be living my dream 4 months a year!

~Tink~

Group Activites Lists & Participants

Meet and Greet

Pixiehallow

Mixology
Pixiehallow

recipe exchange
Pixiehallow

magnet exchange

Pixiehallow
helloiambaymax

ornament exchange

helloiambaymax

This suggestion is more of a get together. Wine Sampling
We have done this before. Everyone brings a bottle of wine from there area of the world, and we meet in someone's cabin (I would offer our as our veranda is one of the larger ones on the boat), and sample different wines from all over.

Wine Sampling
Pixiehallow

frozen47

~Tink~

Last edited:
This post is reserved for Fish Extender names. If you'd like to participate, please post in the thread and I will add you into this spot. When we get closer we can figure out the arrangements.
So excited to be going on my first Disney Cruise!!! My mom and I will be going on this adventure and we will be celebrating her birthday while we are there!
I would love to get involved in a fish extender exchange.
Alicia

So excited to be going on my first Disney Cruise!!! My mom and I will be going on this adventure and we will be celebrating her birthday while we are there!
Alicia
Welcome to the group Chitownpnthr!
How exciting....your first Disney cruise!
If you have any questions, ask away. I love talking Disney. If I don't know the answer, I will help you track it down.

~Tink~

Since the original poster still has not returned to start filling in the top 4 entries, I have started a Temporary FE list on post 5. I will keep that up to date.
If we do not hear back from the creator of this thread, I will at some point contact the moderators and ask if they can transfer editing power to one of the regular thread participants.
So, for know Frozen47 and Chitownpnthr you are in the FE group.
You will need to start getting your number of posts up, because you will need to be able to private message to exchange information for the FE. You will have had to have made 10 posts before you can send or receive private messages.

~Tink~

Pixyhallow thank you very much for the information. I didn't know we had to have certain number of posts.
It is so exciting to do this. Can't wait to do the fish extender with amazing people!

Last edited:
Alicia

Hello Alicia. We are having our first Disney Cruise as well, and we will also be celebrating my kid's bday! (A couple of weeks after, but that is the reason for our cruise; to celebrate her bday). It will be such much fun!

Hello Alicia. We are having our first Disney Cruise as well, and we will also be celebrating my kid's bday! (A couple of weeks after, but that is the reason for our cruise; to celebrate her bday). It will be such much fun!
Make sure to ask your travel agent to add that you are celebrating a birthday on the cruise to your reservation, and than tell your server and matre d' what night you want to celebrate. They will usually make a big to do about it. And finally when you're filling in the FE sign up sheet, make sure to mention their birthdays. That will give your fellow FEers a chance to share in the celebration with a special gift if they would like to.
Your excitement is contagious. Typically by know I have started a regular Monday planning and packing post, but with the combination of a slow start up to the group, and being over whelmed with trying to build my YouTube channel, I have been a bit lazy in that department.
With a new found enthusiasm, I will try to remember this coming Monday.
By the way, can you believe we only have 36 Mondays until we are setting sail?
:dogdance:party::banana:

~Tink~

Make sure to ask your travel agent to add that you are celebrating a birthday on the cruise to your reservation, and than tell your server and matre d' what night you want to celebrate. They will usually make a big to do about it. And finally when you're filling in the FE sign up sheet, make sure to mention their birthdays. That will give your fellow FEers a chance to share in the celebration with a special gift if they would like to.
Your excitement is contagious. Typically by know I have started a regular Monday planning and packing post, but with the combination of a slow start up to the group, and being over whelmed with trying to build my YouTube channel, I have been a bit lazy in that department.

~Tink~
We will cheer for you. I like your positivity. I will subscribe to your channel :)

~Tink~

Thanks for info Tink!!! I can't wait to be able to celebrate!

Happy Monday Everyone!!!!
(I remembered :D)
I am going to start something called Monday Forget Me Not's to count down our final 35 Mondays until our cruise. These will be fun little posts (well, sometimes not so little) that will be helpful tidbits (especially for our first time cruisers) I have picked up along my families trek to platinum Castaway Club members (we are currently only Gold, but platinum is not to far off).
Now the big task for me will be to remember Mondays (especially since we have completed school for the year).
Here we go......Week 1 - To Disconnect

Don't forget, that we are all on vacation. Back in the real world, I know that I can not go more than 2 minutes with out one of my mobile devices notifying me that there is something I need to do....read and email, place an order, make a call, eat lunch, .....
And I am sure that this is true for most everyone else as well. But, speaking on behalf of my family, we need time to unplug and enjoy life without all of the distractions.
Disney has made it easy for us to loose contact with the real world. Unlike the parks, they have not provided the passengers with free WiFi (we will be able to use the on board intranet for the Navigator App, but that does not connect us to all of the distractions back home...I will cover that in another post - I promise). If you want to (or have to) log on to check emails, or check in, or anything else, you will either have to pay for each Megabit or wait until we dock and find a free WiFi location. On our last couple of cruises, they have had a special for 50 free megabits if you sign in and claim them before midnight of our first day aboard. I cannot say with absolute certainty that this will still be available, but it is worth keeping an eye out for if you think you will need to feed your digital addictions.
So, take some time away from the digital world and enjoy a stress free, demand free get away.
**Side note, I know as well as anyone that being connected is as much of an addiction as my husbands need to drink at least two 32 oz sodas a day (believe me, his caffeine withdrawals are not pretty). So, plan ahead to start weaning yourself down prior to the trip.

Have a great week!
~Tink~

~Edited~

Oops sorry, I double posted when all I wanted to say was:
"I am uploading the video version too!"

~Tink~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter