1/2 Marathon road closures?

kokomos

DIS Veteran
We’re going to AK on Nov 2nd or 3rd and staying offsite. I know the 1/2 marathon will be going on but will we be able to access AK via Sherberth Rd? Thanks

The parks will open like normal. There will be additional traffic getting into the parks but there will be a way in. I would allow extra time. The half is on the 3rd. That's the only course that goes through AK, the 10K on Saturday just does Studios and Epcot.

We’re going to AK on Nov 2nd or 3rd and staying offsite. I know the 1/2 marathon will be going on but will we be able to access AK via Sherberth Rd? Thanks
coming in from Sherberth, you will have to go past the normal turnaround to get to the parking booths and get off at the Blizzard Beach ramp, turn left, and turn back onto Osceola Parkway, as the 1/2 course uses the inside lane on that side of Osceola Parkway. It should not cause more that a few minute delay, and only in the morning before around 8:30 or so. If you are using buses, it causes a bit more of delay. As PP said, no issues on Saturday for the 10K which takes place on World Drive from MK to Epcot.

the 10K on Saturday just does Studios and Epcot.
10k last year just went into Epcot no word though on what courses will be this year

FWIW Saturday while not having race impact will be the last day of extra extra magic hours for resort guests

10k last year just went into Epcot no word though on what courses will be this year

FWIW Saturday while not having race impact will be the last day of extra extra magic hours for resort guests

Yep - you're right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!