• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1 Bedroom at Jambo or Kidani Village

ain0004

DIS Veteran
I am booking our next trip in the morning. We will be staying 11 nights. We have 3 girls who are 10 and under. We have stayed at AKL before in a studio not a 1 bedroom. Who has the best 1 Bedroom? We will be either driving or having a rental. It will be for a standard room, view is not important. The girls love pool time. I guess I am leaning towards Kidani just for the extra bathroom. I do like Jambo's lobby. and over all "feel".

My recommendation is Kidani.

As you mentioned the additional bathroom is a plus and you'll be able to park under the building. The bathroom at Jambo was my least favorite of all the DVC resorts. I think the Kidani room is bigger overall too.

I do wish Kidani had a QS though.

I'd pick Kidani - more room and the pool is excellent. Also, the buses are great at this resort and stop first at Kidani, so that is a plus. Since your trip is longish, if you order/pick up groceries, you will hardly be inconvenienced by lack of QS (although I wish Kidani had QS too!)

Happy planning.

We are either planning on a TIW card or to make most meals ourselves. This kids are growing out of the dining plan for us to be cost effective. If we drive we will most defiantly will be making our meals in the room for the most part. We will bring our meat and other items with us. Flying makes it more challenging to keep these items frozen and safe.

If driving that also leans toward Kidani, The under-building parking is ideal because with elevators along the wings you can always get a parking soace fairly close to room. Also, Kidani's 1BR is about 100 sq ft larger than Jambo's.

excellent community hall (kids club--but parents have to stay) at kidani off the lobby. you can do various free or low cost crafts, coloring, etc. from 8am-8pm everyday. There is also pool table, ps3s, wii, and a long balcony overlooking savanna with chairs. I get coffee and a good book and sit on the balcony while my kids do crafts. It is about our favorite thing to do at AKV. And, don't forget decorating cookies at 1pm everyday at Boma's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter