1 Day at DL/Studios

KNovacovschi

DIS Veteran
We will be in Paris April 17-25 and doing DLP for 1 day on the 21st. I’ve boughten is park hoppers but what I’m wondering is, will 1 day be enough? My DH will only do 1 day. We don’t plan on doing all the rides just the major ones. Also should we purchase the FPs since we are only going for 1 day? I can plan WDW in my sleep but this 1 day, and the whole Paris trip honestly, has me a bit stressed, lol.

What is the opening hours? We have done 2 parks in one day but during August with long opening hours..

We go to the studios first as it shuts earlier usually. We are 2 adults , 5 kids and a baby and can really do fit so much in even with, baby breaks, ride swap etc

Don't stress, it's not worth it and it's not going to improve your trip ;-)
DLP is very easy compared to the intense planning WDW can require. It's Spring Break for a large part in France and some European countries, so you can count on some crowds. (Not WDW at Christmas crowded, but summer crowded)

With 1 day you should be able to do all the highlights and some more. I would also start at the Studios and get things like Crush and Ratatouille out of the way first. Studios close at 8, Disneyland Park at 10.

In your situation it could work to pay for fastpasses, if it's a once in a lifetime trip, and it's only 2 adults. Have a good look at the rides they offer and if you want to do them once or multiple times before you decide to go for them yes or no. I would suggest to buy them in advance online as they can sell out.

Don't stress, it's not worth it and it's not going to improve your trip ;-)
DLP is very easy compared to the intense planning WDW can require. It's Spring Break for a large part in France and some European countries, so you can count on some crowds. (Not WDW at Christmas crowded, but summer crowded)

With 1 day you should be able to do all the highlights and some more. I would also start at the Studios and get things like Crush and Ratatouille out of the way first. Studios close at 8, Disneyland Park at 10.

In your situation it could work to pay for fastpasses, if it's a once in a lifetime trip, and it's only 2 adults. Have a good look at the rides they offer and if you want to do them once or multiple times before you decide to go for them yes or no. I would suggest to buy them in advance online as they can sell out.

Thank you. I’ve decided to purchase the ultimate FP but for only for one time speedy access. I was going to try and book Chez Remy for dinner but decided against it. I’ve heard the food is not that great anyways, unable to book online & refuse to pay to call, and I think it will just take up to much time.

I did DLP and studios in 2 half days in 2018. I arrived right before the parade on Saturday June 30 and left right before the parade on Sunday July 1. I feel like I experienced everything I needed to. You have previous Disney experience, so there are some rides that are skippable. I imagine a summer weekend would be one of their busiest times, so I think you’ll get a good taste of it in your one day. I hope you have a good time!

I think your idea of doing the one time Fastpass is a great one. You can supplement it with your normal ones you get with a ticket and have a great day.

Disneyland Paris is its own beast, but it is a great park.

Thank you. I’ve decided to purchase the ultimate FP but for only for one time speedy access. I was going to try and book Chez Remy for dinner but decided against it. I’ve heard the food is not that great anyways, unable to book online & refuse to pay to call, and I think it will just take up to much time.
It's possible to book restaurants online but there is a trick to it. But still for a one day visit, I would skip the table service. Also as service in France is slower than in the US, so it will take even more time.
However, what you could do if you want to get some sort of a break from all the rushing around, I would suggest to go for the buffet at Cafe Agrabah, the food is more interesting and with a buffet you can control more how much time you spend.

Try this thread with the direct links to book online in English. https://www.disboards.com/threads/online-restaurant-reservations-in-english.3745810/
Keep in mind, you have to copy/paste the restaurant links into your browser to make it work, clicking the links in above mentioned threads re-routes you to the homepage.

If that doesn't work, try it via the Dutch site, there is an explanation here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...n-the-dutch-disneyland-paris-website.3736651/

It's possible to book restaurants online but there is a trick to it. But still for a one day visit, I would skip the table service. Also as service in France is slower than in the US, so it will take even more time.
However, what you could do if you want to get some sort of a break from all the rushing around, I would suggest to go for the buffet at Cafe Agrabah, the food is more interesting and with a buffet you can control more how much time you spend.

Try this thread with the direct links to book online in English. https://www.disboards.com/threads/online-restaurant-reservations-in-english.3745810/
Keep in mind, you have to copy/paste the restaurant links into your browser to make it work, clicking the links in above mentioned threads re-routes you to the homepage.

If that doesn't work, try it via the Dutch site, there is an explanation here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...n-the-dutch-disneyland-paris-website.3736651/

Thank you. 🙂

I've gone twice and only have done one day with a park hopper and it is plenty but we also are there mid November so the crowds are very low. Don't plan on spending much time in DHS because it's TINY. You'll only want to hit the rides that are different from what we have here but be sure to wander around the Toy Story area since in Paris you can actually access it...not like here where it is a madhouse. Get a taste of DHS and make sure you do the Crush Coaster because it's so different from anything we have! Spend most of your day at Disneyland and make sure to do Phantom Manor! It's totally different from HM. I enjoyed riding all of the rides to see how different they were from the US. Pirates is better IMO. You'll have a blast! The park is small but beautiful! Don't waste time on table service because it's slow and not worth it. Do your sit down eating in Paris. Have a great time!

I've gone twice and only have done one day with a park hopper and it is plenty but we also are there mid November so the crowds are very low. Don't plan on spending much time in DHS because it's TINY. You'll only want to hit the rides that are different from what we have here but be sure to wander around the Toy Story area since in Paris you can actually access it...not like here where it is a madhouse. Get a taste of DHS and make sure you do the Crush Coaster because it's so different from anything we have! Spend most of your day at Disneyland and make sure to do Phantom Manor! It's totally different from HM. I enjoyed riding all of the rides to see how different they were from the US. Pirates is better IMO. You'll have a blast! The park is small but beautiful! Don't waste time on table service because it's slow and not worth it. Do your sit down eating in Paris. Have a great time!

Thank you for the advice. We've decided not to eat at a TS after all. I'm so excited!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter