1 Day @ DL or DCA: Fantasmic or World of Color? Dining Package?

The last time I went to DCA (one day/park), and we didn't want to spend a lot of time waiting around for WOC. So, we pulled our FP (got blue) and showed up 15 minutes before the start of the show. We walked about 100 feet down the path, stopped right above the dessert party area, and WOC started. From here on out, I will either do the dessert party or wait until right before and find a place to stand.

Personally, I don't think the attraction wait times are really all that much shorter during the shows.

This is very true. I think largely because DLR is a locals' park, and the locals very often skip the shows. We did most of the time when we were locals.

Given the choice between the two, we'd choose WOC every time. I love that show, and always have. There's just something magical about it to me, and it's different than anything at WDW. I haven't seen ROL yet (remedying that next month), but I've read that though beautiful in its own right, it doesn't compare to WOC.

With your time restrictions, I agree with others that the WOC dessert party is the way to go. We've never done it, but I have been consistently jealous of the people who get to sit at the high tables and have an amazing view while I feel like my legs are giving out in the standing section. That said, I'd stand every time because of how much I love WOC.

I love both shows so I agree with watching some YouTube videos to see which appeals to you more.

If it's F!- do the Hungry Bear dining package. Less time invested in a meal and staking out a viewing spot if you already only have 1 day at the parks (unless you are already planning to dine at Blue Bayou in which case do the F! dining package there. I would not bother with the River Belle F! dining package). Definitely do the first show and stay for fireworks as previously mentioned.
If it's WoC- do the Dessert Party. Best viewing with minimal time staking out a spot. Its pricey but we love it.
I agree with this--Hungry Bear is a much quicker dining experience, and the viewing area is almost identical as the area for Blue Bayou. But WOC is a completely different show. I haven't done the dessert package there, though.

We did Hungry Bear F! dining in November, got there very early to get a place to sit and sat right up front by the fence. I wished we had sat farther back because watching it through the bars of the fence drove me nuts. It would have been better to sit up higher so we could see over the fence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter