1 day park-to-park ticket in September 2019?

Navi4321

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

My partner and I will be staying at Disney World this September and want to spend 1 day at both Universal Studios and IOA (will Uber there and back). We weren't planning on getting express passes as it's low season but concerned that the SWGE opening is expected to raise crowd levels at Universal. Is it recommended to purchase express passes? I'm not a fan of huge coasters so will be doing:
- all Harry Potter rides
- Spiderman
- Men in Black
- The Simpson’s Ride
- E.T. Adventure
- Transformers The Ride 3D
- Despicable Me Minion Mayhem
- Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Hhn starts September 6 so don’t expect walk straight into a ride if you are going then or later in the month

Avoid the weekends for your one day visit as they will be busy

Maybe do your one day two park visit on a Monday or a Tuesday for less crowds

Arrive early to the park and wait in the entrance line by 8:40 for your first park

Buy your park tickets in advance to save time

Enjoy your UO day!

Hhn starts September 6 so don’t expect walk straight into a ride if you are going then or later in the month

Avoid the weekends for your one day visit as they will be busy

Maybe do your one day two park visit on a Monday or a Tuesday for less crowds

Arrive early to the park and wait in the entrance line by 8:40 for your first park

Buy your park tickets in advance to save time

Enjoy your UO day!

Thanks for your advice! Do you think we'll need to buy express passes?

Thanks for your advice! Do you think we'll need to buy express passes?
If it was me, I would wait until you are in the park to decide if the EP was needed

A lot depends on the day you to to the darkside

On hhn dates, peeps come to the park in the afternoon to hit rides
The Studio side closes to the public at 5:00 to clear the park out as hhn starts around 6:00 - 6:15- or latest at 6:30

If you start your day at the Studios, switch to the other park IOA around 3:00
Do that park until it closes

If you realize you need more time for the park, buy the ep then

All shops usually sell the ep so you do not have to go up front to buy them

I do not know what your budget is, or where you're staying at Disney, but if where you're staying is within the same price / budget of one of the Universal hotels that includes unlimited EE I would suggest doing that perhaps for one night.

That way you're already on property (no uber needed), can walk, boat, or ride a bus to the park, can take advantage of EE, and get unlimited EP included with the price of the room. EP is getting more expensive and Hagrid's coaster is still going to be quite a wait which might take a lot of time out for you. If you're planning to do all that and include Hagrid's coaster I think EP will be needed, or at least would make the experience more enjoyable and relaxed, since you're doing both parks in one day and also, because Sept hours will be limited on the USF side.

Either way, make sure to cover your USF first (I see most of your stuff is on the USF side), or at least do it by 5PM as @macraven said.

I do not know what your budget is, or where you're staying at Disney, but if where you're staying is within the same price / budget of one of the Universal hotels that includes unlimited EE I would suggest doing that perhaps for one night.

That way you're already on property (no uber needed), can walk, boat, or ride a bus to the park, can take advantage of EE, and get unlimited EP included with the price of the room. EP is getting more expensive and Hagrid's coaster is still going to be quite a wait which might take a lot of time out for you. If you're planning to do all that and include Hagrid's coaster I think EP will be needed, or at least would make the experience more enjoyable and relaxed, since you're doing both parks in one day and also, because Sept hours will be limited on the USF side.

Either way, make sure to cover your USF first (I see most of your stuff is on the USF side), or at least do it by 5PM as @macraven said.

Do you mean leaving our Disney hotel midtrip to stay at Universal for a night?

Do you mean leaving our Disney hotel midtrip to stay at Universal for a night?

Why would you put a one day visit to universal in the middle of your disney trip? It should be done first or preferably after your disney days. And I do highly suggest express pass for both parks in one day.

Why would you put a one day visit to universal in the middle of your disney trip? It should be done first or preferably after your disney days. And I do highly suggest express pass for both parks in one day.

I've booked a package holiday through Disney - flights, magical express etc.

I've booked a package holiday through Disney - flights, magical express etc.

Nevermind then, I didn't realize you booked a package. It was merely a suggestion if you were doing things by yourself and could take one day off and replace it with a stay at Universal for a night if it was within the budget, or the price for one night was a similar price as one night of your Disney hotel stay.

Apparently, it would only cost £50 more each for a night at Universal.

Seems as though other people have done the same thing:408821

... but it does seem like a waste to leave the room at Disney :laughing:

Apparently, it would only cost £50 more each for a night at Universal.

Seems as though other people have done the same thing:View attachment 408821

... but it does seem like a waste to leave the room at Disney :laughing:

The problem is, is that you have a package deal and you can't really take one night off and have Universal instead, so you're not going to really be saving any money. However, you would have been saving money if you were able to take one of those days away, as the price is not only including your convenient on-stay property and unlimited EP. With them it wasn't that crazy of an idea, as they get more of a value of staying on property and getting those EPs since there is four of them instead of two.

I guess it depends on really how much you value the express pass. I've done the opposite. Stayed at one hotel the whole time, but held two rooms, one at Disney, and one at the one we were staying at the whole time, for one night, as the convenience of being close to MK for Party that night was worth the cost of the Disney room. Many do it for Universal, as you're aware. For two or more people, depending on the cost of the express pass, stay one night at one of the three hotels that give unlimited express pass for each person for two days. That's right, going through the express line as many times as you want, the hotel's unlimited express pass is good during the day you check in and during the day you check out. Thus, if you are only going one day, the idea of a hotel stay may not help you. At least the purchase of the regular express would get you into almost every ride one time, through the express line.

So, as said, if you feel like you need the express pass, it is sold all over the parks. I have not seen much of a line at most of those places that sell it. And, since no refund on express passes, and they are date and park(s) marked, I'd be real sure when you purchase them. In general, the price of express pass does not change, so unless you are very sure you want it for that day, I would not buy ahead.

And, while HHN takes up quite the month of September, it's not on every night. To get the most of your day, I'd try to pick a day HHN is not on the calendar.

And have fun, there's lots to do and ride on a very long day at the parks. Oh, and if you uber, ask to be dropped off at the Hard Rock hotel. Easy walk or even boat ride, to the parks. If you walk, you will be very close to the Studios as you enter City Walk. I say this because the walk from the drop off at City Walk is a longer walk, and will be with more people through security, then if you walk or take the boat.

I guess it depends on really how much you value the express pass. I've done the opposite. Stayed at one hotel the whole time, but held two rooms, one at Disney, and one at the one we were staying at the whole time, for one night, as the convenience of being close to MK for Party that night was worth the cost of the Disney room. Many do it for Universal, as you're aware. For two or more people, depending on the cost of the express pass, stay one night at one of the three hotels that give unlimited express pass for each person for two days. That's right, going through the express line as many times as you want, the hotel's unlimited express pass is good during the day you check in and during the day you check out. Thus, if you are only going one day, the idea of a hotel stay may not help you. At least the purchase of the regular express would get you into almost every ride one time, through the express line.

So, as said, if you feel like you need the express pass, it is sold all over the parks. I have not seen much of a line at most of those places that sell it. And, since no refund on express passes, and they are date and park(s) marked, I'd be real sure when you purchase them. In general, the price of express pass does not change, so unless you are very sure you want it for that day, I would not buy ahead.

And, while HHN takes up quite the month of September, it's not on every night. To get the most of your day, I'd try to pick a day HHN is not on the calendar.

And have fun, there's lots to do and ride on a very long day at the parks. Oh, and if you uber, ask to be dropped off at the Hard Rock hotel. Easy walk or even boat ride, to the parks. If you walk, you will be very close to the Studios as you enter City Walk. I say this because the walk from the drop off at City Walk is a longer walk, and will be with more people through security, then if you walk or take the boat.

That's really helpful, thank you! 😃

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter