1 day Rainforest x 7 cheaper than week pass?

Lisa F

is a very wise woman
Am I missing something?

On a 7 day cruise realistically I probably would not use it on embarkation day (single mom so probably won't be able to offload the kid the first day very much until he settles into the edge) or castaway cay day, but we have 3 sea days and I am planning on half days in the ports... so can I just buy 3-5 days a la carte in advance? Even if you buy 7 days in advance, it is still less than the week long pass on board.

Am I missing something?

On a 7 day cruise realistically I probably would not use it on embarkation day (single mom so probably won't be able to offload the kid the first day very much until he settles into the edge) or castaway cay day, but we have 3 sea days and I am planning on half days in the ports... so can I just buy 3-5 days a la carte in advance? Even if you buy 7 days in advance, it is still less than the week long pass on board.

The weeklong passes include scrubs. I've always thought that just buying a few daily passes was sufficient.

The weeklong passes include scrubs. I've always thought that just buying a few daily passes was sufficient.
Last time on the dream India a day pass but we only had one sea day.

What are the scrubs? I loved the hot tub and the tile loungers most!

Yes, it's the scrubs. DH and I bought the cruise long package and it came with a little jar of a salt scrub (there were 4 kinds to choose from) for each day of the cruise. DD bought 3 day passes and just used our scrubs. They are nice, but we didn't use them all. (It was a 10 night cruise so we had quite a few).

If you get the cruise-length pass, you can ask them to leave off the scrubs and that takes some of the cost. They definitely will not tell you up front that this is an option.

How do the scrubs look like? Do you get yo keep them when you disembark?

Yes you can take them. My DD managed to take a bunch in her carryon, all the way back from London. :rotfl: Had I known it was an option to refuse them we would have asked for enough for 1 of us. I think we got double since 2 of us signed up. Live and learn. They are nice, though, and we did use a bunch.

If you get the cruise-length pass, you can ask them to leave off the scrubs and that takes some of the cost. They definitely will not tell you up front that this is an option.

Any idea what the difference is in price? I thought it really weird that the weekly pass costs more than pre-purchasing the daily rate. Maybe the scrubs account for the difference?

DH loves the spa & I want to surprise him with passes for our March sailing. I don’t want to miss out if the weekly sell out, so am considering pre-paying for dailies. Can unused daily vouchers be returned at the end of the voyage? Also, can pre-paid vouchers be exchanged/upgraded to a pass? If we go every day it makes sense to get a weekly couples pass if available.

Any idea what the difference is in price? I thought it really weird that the weekly pass costs more than pre-purchasing the daily rate. Maybe the scrubs account for the difference?

DH loves the spa & I want to surprise him with passes for our March sailing. I don’t want to miss out if the weekly sell out, so am considering pre-paying for dailies. Can unused daily vouchers be returned at the end of the voyage? Also, can pre-paid vouchers be exchanged/upgraded to a pass? If we go every day it makes sense to get a weekly couples pass if available.

The cost may have gone up a little, but about a year ago it was $144 for a weeklong single pass and $199 for a couples pass. You'll need to add the 18% gratuity to that cost. I don't believe you can be reimbursed for unused daily vouchers, because you purchase them through gifts and amenities before you board, and not on the ship itself. I don't know if they could be used to upgrade to a pass.

Day passes that are pre purchased are 18.88 (this includes the 18% gratuity) If you buy 7 one day passes for one person you are spending 132.16 and not getting scrubs. If you purchase a week long pass for a single person you are paying 169.92 and get scrubs.

It is a much better deal if you are purchasing a couples pass for the week on the ship in regards to pricing. For example, if you buy a couples week long pass on the ship it would be 227.34 (or in that price range) and get scrubs. If you purchase 14 one day passes in advance, you are paying 264.32 and don't get scrubs. :)

The cost may have gone up a little, but about a year ago it was $144 for a weeklong single pass and $199 for a couples pass. You'll need to add the 18% gratuity to that cost. I don't believe you can be reimbursed for unused daily vouchers, because you purchase them through gifts and amenities before you board, and not on the ship itself. I don't know if they could be used to upgrade to a pass.

I read in a blog post that the purchase price of daily vouchers could be applied to a weekly pass on ship, will try to to confirm this.

Day passes that are pre purchased are 18.88 (this includes the 18% gratuity) If you buy 7 one day passes for one person you are spending 132.16 and not getting scrubs. If you purchase a week long pass for a single person you are paying 169.92 and get scrubs.

It is a much better deal if you are purchasing a couples pass for the week on the ship in regards to pricing. For example, if you buy a couples week long pass on the ship it would be 227.34 (or in that price range) and get scrubs. If you purchase 14 one day passes in advance, you are paying 264.32 and don't get scrubs. :)

We would definitely purchase the couples pass, so I think that is the way to go! :thanks:We are taking Disney Transport to PC & hopefully can get on pretty early and get to the spa before weekly passes sell out.

I read in a blog post that the purchase price of daily vouchers could be applied to a weekly pass on ship, will try to to confirm this.

We would definitely purchase the couples pass, so I think that is the way to go! :thanks:We are taking Disney Transport to PC & hopefully can get on pretty early and get to the spa before weekly passes sell out.

Never experienced the week long pass selling out and I usually don't get ours until after 1 PM after we have lunch. :) We love the saunas and I love the heated ceramic loungers. Always make it a point to go up at least once a day. lol Enjoy your cruise!

FYI, I bought two jars of scrubs on the Magic to take home. They were $9 each, incl. tax.

I'm a single mom so the couple thing won't help me. If I exclude castaway cay day where i know it is not likely that I will go because I'll be on the island all day then dinner and packing it's $113.28 with gratuity vs $169.92 for the 7 day package with scrubs and gratuity, or $56+ less. If I only do 5 days because it is also unlikely I will make it to the spa on embarkation day (I have my son with me and after lunch, some pool time, getting situated in the room, sailaway - I'm not really expecting to have a lot of free time the first day) it would be $94.40 for the remainder of the cruise or $75 savings, which will pay for Remy brunch.

I am not on an unlimited budget so I like the option to still enjoy the spa for most of the cruise without paying for the 7 day option - I don't care about the scrubs that much and would not miss them, but I did love sitting on the heated loungers and the hot tub on the dream. I'd pay $18.88 a day for access. on the port days I am planning to do half day excursions as I want to relax on this trip so probably 5 days for the 3 sea days and 2 port days would be just right for me!

Any advantage other than the scrubs at getting the weekly pass vs multiple day passes?

Never experienced the week long pass selling out and I usually don't get ours until after 1 PM after we have lunch. :) We love the saunas and I love the heated ceramic loungers. Always make it a point to go up at least once a day. lol Enjoy your cruise!

:thanks::thanks:

Any advantage other than the scrubs at getting the weekly pass vs multiple day passes?

I do not know if anyone is ever turned away from the spa. But, if it is a crowded day I would guess that a day pass guest could possibly be told to come back at another time or use their pass on a different day.

We love the Rainforest, but just can't make it often enough to make the full week worthwhile. Half the trip rounding down is our sweet spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter