1 day until I can make my FP+; thoughts on skipping FoP

She did her first location assignment in Germany. We are Master's level mental health clinicians and she nabbed this awesome gig working on US bases in foreign countries. She works in their children's centers.
That sounds really cool! My brother’s in the navy but he just started about a year or two ago so he hasn’t moved a ton but has been to three places so far.

That sounds really cool! My brother’s in the navy but he just started about a year or two ago so he hasn’t moved a ton but has been to three places so far.

Please thank him for his service.

The best thing about my friend's gig is she is a civilian so she doesn't owe them time and can quit like any other job. She's single without kids. It wouldn't be a good gig for someone with a family.

Please thank him for his service.

The best thing about my friend's gig is she is a civilian so she doesn't owe them time and can quit like any other job. She's single without kids. It wouldn't be a good gig for someone with a family.
I’ll have to let him know you said so.

I wouldn’t want to travel a bunch for work if I had a family. Right now it’s just Dh and I with no kids. His work has asked him if he wants to move but they only want to send him places that aren’t very safe.

I’ll have to let him know you said so.

I wouldn’t want to travel a bunch for work if I had a family. Right now it’s just Dh and I with no kids. His work has asked him if he wants to move but they only want to send him places that aren’t very safe.

Please do. :)

Where do they want to move you to?

One was in louisiana. I looked up the area and it looked pretty and. Another was moline and I don’t really want to move there either.

I am glad you weren't forced to go! Where is Moline? Louisiana too?

We leave 3 weeks from tonight!!! I cancelled a bunch of ADRs this morning as well.

I am glad you weren't forced to go! Where is Moline? Louisiana too?

We leave 3 weeks from tonight!!! I cancelled a bunch of ADRs this morning as well.
Moline is in Illinois. It’s the headquarters for John Deere. It’s not a horrible area and there is a nice town close by but when I looked at houses they were ridiculously expensive and small.

Exciting! Dh and I did something spontaneous and we are actually going next weekend for after hours! Frontier had a 50% off sale so we got plane tickets for $260 after picking which seats we wanted.

Moline is in Illinois. It’s the headquarters for John Deere. It’s not a horrible area and there is a nice town close by but when I looked at houses they were ridiculously expensive and small.

Exciting! Dh and I did something spontaneous and we are actually going next weekend for after hours! Frontier had a 50% off sale so we got plane tickets for $260 after picking which seats we wanted.

:woohoo: How fun! Good for you guys! What's After Hours?

:woohoo: How fun! Good for you guys! What's After Hours?
Oh man you’ve never heard of it?! I guess Disney isn’t advertising it very well which is a good thing. Look up Disney after hours here on the dis. There is a huge thread about it. It’s the best thing I’ve ever done at Disney.

Oh man you’ve never heard of it?! I guess Disney isn’t advertising it very well which is a good thing. Look up Disney after hours here on the dis. There is a huge thread about it. It’s the best thing I’ve ever done at Disney.

Tell me about it? Sounds like some sort of extra magic hours. I will search now! :hyper:

Tell me about it? Sounds like some sort of extra magic hours. I will search now! :hyper:
We are going on Saturday. We paid $120 pp and the event goes from 10 pm-1 am. They actually let us in closer to 6-6:30 so we will get over 6 hours in the mk with 3 of those hours being walk on rides. It also comes with unlimited popcorn, ice cream, and pop.

Fun! Sounds like Moonlight Magic but with way less people and with a price tag but really, $120 pp and you can have a full day in 3 hours! :woohoo: I checked our dates and they are doing it the night we travel and then the day after we leave.

Fun! Sounds like Moonlight Magic but with way less people and with a price tag but really, $120 pp and you can have a full day in 3 hours! :woohoo: I checked our dates and they are doing it the night we travel and then the day after we leave.
Is moonlight magic a dvc event? The one thing I wish was different about after hours is if they would have special merchandise or characters. Something to make it seem different than any normal day. It’s still awesome and honestly I’m most excited for unlimited popcorn lol

Is moonlight magic a dvc event? The one thing I wish was different about after hours is if they would have special merchandise or characters. Something to make it seem different than any normal day. It’s still awesome and honestly I’m most excited for unlimited popcorn lol

It is! Its free but packed...at least the food carts were. Sounds like both events do the same treats/snacks though. I think it sounds amazing and well worth the price tag.

It is! Its free but packed...at least the food carts were. Sounds like both events do the same treats/snacks though. I think it sounds amazing and well worth the price tag.
We aren’t dvc members so we wouldn’t be able to do moonlight magic. After hours is so much fun!

We aren’t dvc members so we wouldn’t be able to do moonlight magic. After hours is so much fun!

Truth be told, Moonlight Magic is fun but After Hours sounds better. Same premise but Moonlight is pretty packed. Of course that won’t stop me from trying to go this year. :blush: :lmao:

We leave two weeks from today! :woohoo:

Last edited:
Truth be told, Moonlihgt Magic is fun but After Hours sounds better. Same premise but Moonlight is pretty packed. Of course that won’t stop me from trying to go this year. :blush: :lmao:

We leave two weeks from today! :woohoo:
Whoop whoop!

I could see Dh and I becoming dvc members but not for awhile. We’re still pretty young.

Whoop whoop!

I could see Dh and I becoming dvc members but not for awhile. We’re still pretty young.

We didn’t buy until we were in our early 40’s. Such a great decision and we don’t have a moment of regret. DH says the only regret is not buying sooner. LOL! He’s a total convert.

Haha that’s great! Dh wasn’t thrilled about our honeymoon being at Disney and now he loves coming. Have you done any of the adventures by Disney?

We have not but I have friend who does them and loves them! We are thinking about a Disney Cruise though. I took our son as his bar mitzvah present and it was amazing! I would do one again in a heartbeat! Have you done any of the other Disney vacations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter