1 night, 2 parks, 2 evening shows - possible?

Lisa P.

Peaceful, Worshipful, Joyful
One evening that we're in the area, DH and I would like to try to see two evening light shows that we haven't seen before by hopping between parks. We won't have any children with us.

Animal Kingdom 7:00 pm showing of Rivers of Light (supposedly a 15 minute show)
Disney Studios 8:30 pm showing of Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular.

1. Is this possible to do on the same night?
  2. Any problem with entering DS after 8:00 pm, if the park officially closes at 8:00 pm and there's an 8:30 show?
  3. Is an hour enough time to get out of AK, transfer, and get far enough in to DS to see the projection show?
  4. What would be the best mode of transfer: Disney bus, Uber, or our own car in the AK parking lot?
Thanks for your thoughts!

One evening that we're in the area, DH and I would like to try to see two evening light shows that we haven't seen before by hopping between parks. We won't have any children with us.

Animal Kingdom 7:00 pm showing of Rivers of Light (supposedly a 15 minute show)
Disney Studios 8:30 pm showing of Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular.

1. Is this possible to do on the same night?
  2. Any problem with entering DS after 8:00 pm, if the park officially closes at 8:00 pm and there's an 8:30 show?
  3. Is an hour enough time to get out of AK, transfer, and get far enough in to DS to see the projection show?
  4. What would be the best mode of transfer: Disney bus, Uber, or our own car in the AK parking lot?
Thanks for your thoughts!
1. Depends on the crowd levels. What date?
2. That might be a problem. You might have to nicely explain your reason for entry,
3. See #1 above.
4. Uber.

Wow... that's a fun logistical challenge. I think the crowd/traffic gods would need to smile on you to make it possible. It could probably take easily 45 minutes to an hour in travel time from the moment RoL is over to standing in viewing spot for SW:AGS. A lot of time is eaten up walking to exit AK and get out of the parking lot as well as parking and walking to enter HS. You'd certainly have to have direct transportation (personal car, uber, lyft, minnie van). Using Disney bus transportation would be a non-starter as you'd have to add in wait time for the bus you'd need to arrive (unless you were just amazingly lucky). Seems like a lot of extra stress (unless you're going into it as just a fun challenge).

Questionable at best.
RoL just isn't that good. Agree with above to skip it. If you really want to see it, it lasts about 15 minutes. So best case is at the buses at 7:25 headed to HS. Uber may be the way to go. At Hs by 8, maybe later. After 8, the park is closed. They may or may not let you in to see the show.
Personally, i would skip RoL and get to HS to se SW:AGS and get a good viewing area.

My favorite: Watch SW:AGS at 8:30, walk to EPCOT, find a spot on the UK to France bridge and watch Illuminations. Its tight, but can be done. Its about a 10-15 minute walk from HS to EPCOT through the IG.

My favorite: Watch SW:AGS at 8:30, walk to EPCOT, find a spot on the UK to France bridge and watch Illuminations. Its tight, but can be done. Its about a 10-15 minute walk from HS to EPCOT through the IG.

IllumiNations is most generally performed starting at 9PM.
(Maybe you went to a "Holiday IllumiNations" that starts at 9:30PM.)

Sorry, but I don't consider it possible under normal circumstances for most guests to walk to Epcot from DHS within 10-15 minutes.
("Average" guests don't walk that fast. Especially after a long day at WDW.)

And, you've left out the extra time it takes to exit DHS along
with the crush of other guests (That, alone, can take 10 mins, or so.)

Plus, you must add the time to go through Epcot security.
(Varies by number of guests entering and whether you have any bags, etc.)

Then, the hefty hill from the gateway up to World Showcase Lagoon level, and then
getting over to the bridge toward France, or over to a clear view somewhere in UK.

I don't think most guests could pull that off.
(Much "more difficult" than the timing about which the OP is asking.)

Thank you all, we appreciate your discussion. We are usually up for a fun challenge and we don't get disappointed if it doesn't work out. We're happy to have FP+ for AK morning (FoP, EE, KS) and an early dinner reservation at Yak & Yeti.

Seems like we'll have to decide on a priority between the 2 shows!

If RoL is the priority, and if we have the energy and enthusiasm after dinner, we may still give it a try to do both. Then, if it doesn't look like we'll get in to DS in time, we'll just reroute over to Epcot for a drink and walk around (EMH until 11 pm). We may even make it to Illuminations and we really love Epcot WS at night.

If SW:AGS is the priority, we'll try to change our Yak & Yeti dinner reservation to lunch. Mid-afternoon, we could hop to DS, then see SW:AGS. We may end up at Epcot either way.

Y'all are helping me make sense of a plan. THANK YOU!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter