10, 8 and 8 yrs olds-alone in room?

Momtoemma

Mouseketeer
We will be on Magic March 9. Have two separate rooms (one inside and one out) DD 8, and her cousins age 8 and 10 will be with us.

My question- rooms are one down from each other (ie not directly across hall) due to a bunch of confusing changes. It is quite likely only one adult will come back with the kids around 10pm or so, and rest (other 3) stay out .

Qu- If we out the three kids to sleep in the inside cabin whihc is across hall and one door down, with door shut, and adult goes to other cabin so can watch tv or out on verandah, will a standard baby monitor work?

What about the two way radios- which we do not have- worth the cost? what do they cost?

Thanks debbie

This is quite young to be left alone...The kids clubs are great and you won't have to worry. Have a great cruise.

You'd have to make the call on whether the 10 year old was mature enough. I'm pretty overprotective but I think if there is an adult across the hall, you'd be OK. I'm not sure about the baby monitor but I'd definitely get the radios! In fact, I bought ours at Costco, roughly $60 for two and I was just commenting to DH that it was the best $60 I ever spent. We are cruising in Feb and that was the purpose of the purchase (traveling with 9 & 11 year old). We have been using those radios constantly since we unwrapped them!) My DD uses them riding her bike in the neighborhood to stay in touch. We use them at the mall (older children) and just about everywhere. I don't think you'll be sorry!
Jenn

Although 10 yr old probab;y mature enough, I would not be comfertable, unless I can actually hear all going on!!!!!!!, which is why I thought baby monitor. Never used two way radio. Can it be left on so I can hear what is going on in room?
Thanks debbie

The kids clubs are open until 12 or 1 depending on the night. They have think mats for the kids to sleep on. Baby monitors will not work - too much steel.

Two way radios are the way to go - they can call you if they need you.

I think its tough. My 8 yr old wanted to go to bed one night - we stayed until she fell asleep and went back out - she is a pro with the radio. She slept - everything was fine. We still felt like bad parents and never did it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter