10 day trip report Oct

Saratoga2019

Earning My Ears
I will start off by saying this is our 1st DVC trip home after 2 prior covid cancelations. We kept expectations low and hoped for the best. .We did a split stay at CCV and Poly. We felt very safe our whole trip. CM were constantly cleaning everything and were on top of people with there masks,

Copper Creek

No love at check in with requested upper floor and ended up on the 1st floor. Studio was decorated nicely but like others have said very small for 2 adults and 2 kids. No recreation activities for the kids at the pool and the mobile ordering at the roaring fork was a disaster with every order. Whispering Canyon was great and the food a geyser point was great minus the 90 minute wait. The boat to MK was great and staff were ok.

Polynesian

Still no love at check in with requested building even though there was clearly availability ( not to mention open lake view rooms). Studio room at poly felt like a 1-bed room compared to CCV. Pool at poly was great and had activities for the kids all day pool side. No issues with the ceremonial house construction was not an issue and the building closed at 10pm each night. No issues with mobile ordering at Capt Cooks or Kona, both were great and fast.

Transportation

Our 1st trip with a car and it was terrific with current covid restrictions. We avoided all bus lines due to limited capacity and got great parking at all the parks. Would highly recommend renting a car if you are going now, we estimated we saved 2hrs a day.

Parks

Noticeably less capacity at all the parks except HS. Generally waited 30-60 minutes per ride except at HS were it was more like 60-90 minutes per ride. Eat before you go and bring snacks. With a lot of carts and places closed it's hard to snack . Popcorn carts were 5-10 deep most times. Lunch was tuff with the mobile ordering because they are not set up for the demand. Pecos Bill was a 90 minute wait mobile ordering.

Overall we had a great time with managed expectations

Thank you so much for your impressions. I've read some pretty discouraging trip reports lately and it's making me nervous about our Thanksgiving trip. I convinced my "Disney tolerant" husband to reschedule our covid canceled trip to Thanksgiving because "even with the holiday, surely the crowds will be lower due to covid."

Your comment "great time with managed expectations" helped. If you have any advice to prepare my husband (I'm afraid he's expecting crowd experiences from our trips in the 90s) I'd really appreciate it. Any crowd management tips under these new circumstances?

Thanks!

Thank you so much for your impressions. I've read some pretty discouraging trip reports lately and it's making me nervous about our Thanksgiving trip. I convinced my "Disney tolerant" husband to reschedule our covid canceled trip to Thanksgiving because "even with the holiday, surely the crowds will be lower due to covid."

Your comment "great time with managed expectations" helped. If you have any advice to prepare my husband (I'm afraid he's expecting crowd experiences from our trips in the 90s) I'd really appreciate it. Any crowd management tips under these new circumstances?

Thanks!

The only park that we thought was crowded was HS, the rest we well below normal with AK being empty. I can't recommend enough at having a car saved hours a day. The buses are limited capacity. Enjoy !

I will start off by saying this is our 1st DVC trip home after 2 prior covid cancelations. We kept expectations low and hoped for the best. .We did a split stay at CCV and Poly. We felt very safe our whole trip. CM were constantly cleaning everything and were on top of people with there masks,

Copper Creek

No love at check in with requested upper floor and ended up on the 1st floor. Studio was decorated nicely but like others have said very small for 2 adults and 2 kids. No recreation activities for the kids at the pool and the mobile ordering at the roaring fork was a disaster with every order. Whispering Canyon was great and the food a geyser point was great minus the 90 minute wait. The boat to MK was great and staff were ok.

Polynesian

Still no love at check in with requested building even though there was clearly availability ( not to mention open lake view rooms). Studio room at poly felt like a 1-bed room compared to CCV. Pool at poly was great and had activities for the kids all day pool side. No issues with the ceremonial house construction was not an issue and the building closed at 10pm each night. No issues with mobile ordering at Capt Cooks or Kona, both were great and fast.

Transportation

Our 1st trip with a car and it was terrific with current covid restrictions. We avoided all bus lines due to limited capacity and got great parking at all the parks. Would highly recommend renting a car if you are going now, we estimated we saved 2hrs a day.

Parks

Noticeably less capacity at all the parks except HS. Generally waited 30-60 minutes per ride except at HS were it was more like 60-90 minutes per ride. Eat before you go and bring snacks. With a lot of carts and places closed it's hard to snack . Popcorn carts were 5-10 deep most times. Lunch was tuff with the mobile ordering because they are not set up for the demand. Pecos Bill was a 90 minute wait mobile ordering.

Overall we had a great time with managed expectations

we are looking to do a similar trip. 10 days with our 3 year old son. We originally booked a 1 bedroom villa at Boulder ridge and switched to poly for transportation convenience. We were still thinking of doing a multi resort and add beach club or Boulder ridge. did You enjoy the multi resort trip if you had to do it again or would you stay at a single resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!