10 days till we're back

kitcat1

Mouseketeer
Hi all, it's been 7 years since we last had a holiday to Florida. A lot has happened since our last trip. We we're living in France until 2016 and since moving back to the UK we've been concentrating on getting our business up and running and our house sorted so this is our first big trip for a number of years. I used to be a regular visitor on the Dis boards but on returning I've noticed that its a lot quieter than it used to be since I first joined in 2006, whether this is because of the pound dollar rate or because it has become less of an attraction in more recent years I don't know...anyway...I'm happy to say we're super excited to be going back on 3rd June. We're spending our first 6 days in the south of Florida then going to Orlando for our last 2 weeks. We've booked some fast passes but are happy just to wander and take in the park atmosphere and do a few rides. We don't plan every activity like we used to do as we're happy just to wander and take everything in.

We know that the excitement and thrill of going back is amazing so to everybody who has booked or for anyone thinking about it...soak that happy feeling up and enjoy the build up to it then the fantastic time you'll have when you're in the amazing, unique place that Walt Disney World is...xx

As it has been 7 years since your last visit NOTE that there is a vast change in the area.

Huge road construction AND a lot with Toll charges ( CASHLESS IN Miami area .... Watch out )

What used to be Downtown Disney ... with Marketplace parking is now Disney Springs

And parking is in 2 huge parking garages ( Free )

Hwy I 4 is a nightmare .

Huge Villa construction is going on (not hundreds but thousands )

Lastly Price of Food is rising BUT service is going downhill

Hi, thanks for the info...I'll ask at the car desk about getting paying for the car toll waiver thingy...

We're staying offsite so will check out the best route to get into the parks.

Just looking forward to being back and we tend not to get too stressed so hopefully we'll find our way about and breath in the atmosphere, thanks for your reply.

Cath :)

Welcome back :goodvibes it is a lot quieter on here now, I eventually found a lot of familiar names on another UK florida board. Have a great holiday.

The UK board is quieter now... I think a lot of people use the Facebook page now instead. I found the people on there really aggressive tho if you don’t agree with them so came off it! The other pages are all pretty busy and good for information.

Thanks...I feels so nice to be doing a trip again. At first we were going to travel around Florida and maybe take a trip to New Orleans but then WDW won out...we were shocked at the price of the disney tickets though and that the parking is now a whopping $22 a day so might see about upgrading our tickets as we may possibly go back in the new year...we'll see...anyway, not long now and we can't wait...Cath x

I’ve recently come back on here after a 4 year break. Been so many changes at the parks just in the last two years let alone 7.
New Fantasyland, new Toy Story Land, all new Disney Springs (only the market place looks same as it did 7 years ago) and not forgetting the new Star Wars Galaxys Edge (which sadly won’t be open for your trip if it’s june this year)
Have you download the My Disney Experience app to help with fast passes and booking dinning etc. You can also order food from a number of CS places in advance and save standing in line.
As for the afore mentioned Disney Springs there are so many places to eat there and the shopping options have increased as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter