• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10 Days Until First DVC Trip - NEED HELP Passing the Time!

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
Hi DISers and Podcast Crew! :D

I am going absolutely *CRAZY* waiting for these ten days to be over so I can "go home" for the first time! The excitement is bursting at the seams right now and I don't know how I am going to last!

How do you all pass the time these last few days? Preferably so you do not go :banana: :banana: :banana: ? :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Have fun...tell us all about the DVC @ AKL. I'd like to know how they are progressing with the new section.

Hope you have dinner at Boma...I love it!!

We will! We've been to Boma twice already and just love, love it! We are going there two times this trip plus Jiko. Yay! :D

Hi DISers and Podcast Crew! :D

I am going absolutely *CRAZY* waiting for these ten days to be over so I can "go home" for the first time! The excitement is bursting at the seams right now and I don't know how I am going to last!

How do you all pass the time these last few days? Preferably so you do not go :banana: :banana: :banana: ? :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

I usually obsess over whether I have everything I need packed, whether Disney has messed up any of my dining ADR's , how the weather is going to be and whether I should be spending money on a vacation right now. So sorry I have no advice on staying sane those last few days ;)

We will! We've been to Boma twice already and just love, love it! We are going there two times this trip plus Jiko. Yay! :D

I have a breakfast and dinner ADR for Boma this next trip. I can't wait to try them, I hear such good things about them on here. :)

I usually obsess over whether I have everything I need packed, whether Disney has messed up any of my dining ADR's , how the weather is going to be and whether I should be spending money on a vacation right now. So sorry I have no advice on staying sane those last few days ;)

So glad I am not alone on that! I had everyone packed, van loaded 24 hours in advance, well except for health necessities (medicine, hygiene, vitamins), then I start to panic. Amazingly enough the months leading up to this moment have been "Oh we need ADRs at Chef MIckey's, let me call them everyday. No worries." Now, it's a panicked "Um...I so hope we don't show up at our hotel and they have lost our reservation!" Also the night before, no matter how early I have to wake up to get moving I can NOT sleep. Granted I will wake up the first time the alarm goes of NO PROBLEM, hit the showers, down my coffee, and even if it's 2 a.m. (like this last time) I am in the van wondering why all my family is still inside asleep.;)

What we did to pass the excruciating last days was a Disney Movie-thon. We watched me as a little girl in the parks, thanks to my Grandma's old home movies. We watched Travel Channel shows on Disney, the DVD Planner, if it was Disney and visual we were on it! I also created a count down calendar for my boys.

Hi there!! I am so excited for you!! I hope you have a magical time at the Happiest Place On Earth, and a wonderful first time stay at the AKL DVC.

To help pass the time, try thinking of what you will be doing a week from now. I get so excited when I think "A week from now I will be at the Magic Kingdom".

Hi all: 4 days left for us to go to OKW. Already packed but not in the car.
I still have to make adr for aft. tea at GF. Anyone tried that yet? Also need
to check into carriage ride at Riverside. Anybody tried that? Both of those
ideas are going to be a surprise for Christy. I plan on wine for the carriage
ride. By the way other that the $35 for the ride do you tip the driver?

Thanks

John

So glad I am not alone on that! I had everyone packed, van loaded 24 hours in advance, well except for health necessities (medicine, hygiene, vitamins), then I start to panic. Amazingly enough the months leading up to this moment have been "Oh we need ADRs at Chef MIckey's, let me call them everyday. No worries." Now, it's a panicked "Um...I so hope we don't show up at our hotel and they have lost our reservation!" Also the night before, no matter how early I have to wake up to get moving I can NOT sleep. Granted I will wake up the first time the alarm goes of NO PROBLEM, hit the showers, down my coffee, and even if it's 2 a.m. (like this last time) I am in the van wondering why all my family is still inside asleep.;)

What we did to pass the excruciating last days was a Disney Movie-thon. We watched me as a little girl in the parks, thanks to my Grandma's old home movies. We watched Travel Channel shows on Disney, the DVD Planner, if it was Disney and visual we were on it! I also created a count down calendar for my boys.

Oh yeah that's me too. No sleep the night before, just like that Disney commercial with the two little kids and the one says he's too excited to sleep :goodvibes

I like the Disney movie marathon idea, that's a really good idea. I also take one last look through my WDW guidebooks ( and here of course ;) ) and make notes of anything I want to remember for the trip.

Hi all: 4 days left for us to go to OKW. Already packed but not in the car.
I still have to make adr for aft. tea at GF. Anyone tried that yet? Also need
to check into carriage ride at Riverside. Anybody tried that? Both of those
ideas are going to be a surprise for Christy. I plan on wine for the carriage
ride. By the way other that the $35 for the ride do you tip the driver?

Thanks

John

Make those calls! :) They sound like lots of fun. I haven't done either but we plan to do the carriage ride at POR next trip. Hopefully someone else will come along that knows more about them. Have a great trip. :goodvibes

How exciting! Let us know what you think of the AKV as DBf and I have our first stay there later this year. :)

Similar to amyhughes, we start tivoing all of the Disney specials on TV. We just can't get enough of Samantha Brown.:rotfl:

A Disney moviethon is a GREAT idea! I am a teacher so will be working this week, plus have graduate school on Tuesday. I think I'll try to get a Disney cartoon short or movie in everyday though! LOVE this idea! Thanks!

A Disney moviethon is a GREAT idea! I am a teacher so will be working this week, plus have graduate school on Tuesday. I think I'll try to get a Disney cartoon short or movie in everyday though! LOVE this idea! Thanks!

Glad I could help in some way! I know these last few days are the hardest, the months leading up to it are nothing compared to that last week!

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter