10 NIGHTS RPR...MARDI GRAS & COCKTAILS....MARCH 2018 TRIP

may even have joined in at certain points..........:D

There's a nice retirement job for Tom- can he dance on stilts??

They do a few nice cocktails too........

YUM!!

we were used to warm rain in September, this wasn't nice........and headed off by Louie`s, round past Mummy where everyone was sheltering.......by now we were soaked through.......and there`s me.....trying to avoid the puddles???

I HATE cold rain! September rain in Orlando can be refreshing.

Oh I think the traffic always seems to be backed up there! We avoid as much as possible.......but when you’re heading to that area it’s hard to avoid isn’t it.........yes, we had a few spots that are always the same every time we travel that way.......

How fabulous you have booked a week at RP! It’ll be so much fun for you all........we can’t wait to go back in December again.......especially as Kyle will be with us again on that trip........

We always took Kyle out of school to go to America.......and even faced the wrath of everyone by taking him out in his final year of senior school, and even his 2 years at college before University when everyone says you shouldn’t do that........well, he still graduated University with a First Masters Degree in Chemical Engineering......so didn’t do him any harm........ :-) Vacation time is priceless.........:thumbsup2

I’m so glad you’re still reading along and enjoying it..........:)

That's so wondeful Kyle is able to travel with you on your December trip. I so hope that Wyatt will still want to travel with us when he is Kyle's age. Wyatt is at an age where he is so delightful to have along with us and easy to travel with - as much as he is growing up too fast, I also don't miss trying to take him places when he was in the 5 to 8 age range :P. He is also doing very well academically so it hasn't been a problem to take him out thus far. We have also been very fortunate with his teacher this school year - she has been incredibly understanding that we've taken him out twice for family adventures. I am incredibly grateful we've had some opportunities to go on a few family adventures this past year as there is really nothing better than having time away together especially when my husband works the equivalent of two full time jobs time-wise with our farm.

Depending on your travel dates in December, perhaps our paths will cross. :flower1: I am very excited to see the Christmas decorations - I love all of that kind of festivity.

There's a nice retirement job for Tom- can he dance on stilts??

YUM!!

I HATE cold rain! September rain in Orlando can be refreshing.

Lol........that I would pay a fortune to see!!!

Yes, cold rain was the low point of the trip........it was freezing.......we really did look as though we had just jumped in the pool.........hair clamped down and soaking wasn’t pretty..........:rolleyes1

No pictures of that........:D

That's so wondeful Kyle is able to travel with you on your December trip. I so hope that Wyatt will still want to travel with us when he is Kyle's age. Wyatt is at an age where he is so delightful to have along with us and easy to travel with - as much as he is growing up too fast, I also don't miss trying to take him places when he was in the 5 to 8 age range :P. He is also doing very well academically so it hasn't been a problem to take him out thus far. We have also been very fortunate with his teacher this school year - she has been incredibly understanding that we've taken him out twice for family adventures. I am incredibly grateful we've had some opportunities to go on a few family adventures this past year as there is really nothing better than having time away together especially when my husband works the equivalent of two full time jobs time-wise with our farm.

Depending on your travel dates in December, perhaps our paths will cross. :flower1: I am very excited to see the Christmas decorations - I love all of that kind of festivity.

Yes, we feel very lucky he still wants to travel with us........he’s always been fabulous company and honestly never had any issues with him......no horrible teen stage at all!!!

Having good teachers is a blessing when they understand how valuable family travel time is.......especially when as you say your husband works exceedingly long hours........yes, I’m sure you’re going to have many years of travel with your son ahead......especially if you keep visiting Orlando........::yes::

We are booked to arrive Nov 29th and leave Dec 9th this year.........Can’t wait to see all the Christmas stuff again, we really loved it.........so weird for us though.......heat and Christmas songs.........:laughing:

This gate leads to a set of steps that unfortunately you can`t get to them..........the curious side of me would love to see where they lead to.....although I`m sure it`s TM only........

i-d3T8QVF-XL.jpg

I'm not all caught up yet so I'm sorry if someone else already addressed this... but if I recall correctly, those steps lead down to a dock that used to be used for Island Skipper Tours when the park first opened! There were boats (4, I think? and 3 docks total, including the one at Port of Entry?) that would cross the lagoon! Apparently they were costly to run and maintain, and there were also perhaps issues with the mechanics for a nighttime fireworks show held in the IOA lagoon at one time, so Island Skipper Tours only lasted a year or two.

I'm not all caught up yet so I'm sorry if someone else already addressed this... but if I recall correctly, those steps lead down to a dock that used to be used for Island Skipper Tours when the park first opened! There were boats (4, I think? and 3 docks total, including the one at Port of Entry?) that would cross the lagoon! Apparently they were costly to run and maintain, and there were also perhaps issues with the mechanics for a nighttime fireworks show held in the IOA lagoon at one time, so Island Skipper Tours only lasted a year or two.

Yes a TM friend filled me in on the area later and said it’s still in use for maintenance issues.........and yes, you’re correct there is a dock at the other side.......we did see a little boat with a man doing something with pipes in the water one day a year or so ago.......

It’s such a cute area, and relatively few people go down there..........

Oh and :welcome: to this one snoopboop..........lovely to see you catch up with me again.......nice to have you read it again.........:)

TUESDAY 20TH MARCH..........

We woke up super early this morning as Kyle had a free morning but would be in work in the afternoon, so we agreed to Skype around 6.30 Orlando time, which given at the moment there was only a 4 hour time difference till our clocks moved when we got home, it was convenient for him to do this early today. I did warn him we wouldn't have been showered or dressed yet.......I think he`s seen us plenty before we are presentable.......but even so........we woke around 6am and Skyped him immediately.......he was waiting on us and answered straight away......he looks so smart in his work suits.......we on the other hand looked like we had been dragged through a hedge backwards, well, I did!!

We had a good chat and caught up with all going on.......he was doing great and work was exceptional this week so we were all happy how things were going.......told him our plans for the day and after arranging our next time to chat we said our goodbyes he went off to get ready for work.......we now could get showered and dressed. It really was lovely being able to chat to him like this whenever we could......work certainly put some restrictions on us, but we wouldn't be chatting everyday anyway........but, Skype made a massive difference.

So, weather channel on and it didn't look good for later in the day........in fact it looked dreadful!! Although 82F was the temp for the day so it would be warm while we were planning to be out for the morning.......

We went up for breakfast and enjoyed a slightly quieter morning.....but we ate quickly and came back down for the usual sunscreen and I had forgotten to leave our little daily envelope for the housekeeper......so we quickly did that and then left for the short walk to the parks.

It was lovely this morning.......we walk though the pool when we head to IOA and it looked so tranquil this morning.......but still a little too cool for us.......the life guards still had jackets on but not full trousers.......so it had to be a little better........

Camera was a little blurry this morning.......

i-pzTRJ4q-XL.jpg

i-pzV96md-XL.jpg

We loved looking over to Sapphire Falls.......it was such a pretty hotel......we really don't like Cabana Bay, don`t think it`s pretty at all.......so it`s a better view for us.......and we are of course so looking forward to our stay there in May........we were glad they only moved Jake`s plane when they did the waterway revamp for the other hotel......it seems to fit there.

And of course you can see the new Aventura Hotel opening later this year......another addition to the Universal Orlando hotels. We had been hearing how this one is going to be all hi tech.......sounds interesting........but again, no EP only EE.

i-FtTwmPW-XL.jpg

i-kj9HrGZ-XL.jpg

It really is tranquil this morning and we don't pass many people at all.......which is unusual, but we are soon at the security check and one of the guys looks at us twice and I think oh oh.......but turns out he remembered us from Christmas and asked if we ever bother to go home......we wish!!!! But, few moments later we are through......it really is quick doing it this way. We had heard some felt the main entrance from the parking lots had some queues to get through security, but we had never waited here or getting on the boats at all.

I`ve bored many times about how much we love the entrance here........and we really do........the music just adds to the feel too.......

i-kz8PBtr-XL.jpg

We do cut through the store today as we want to purchase a couple of items and have them sent back to our room. This is an excellent perk of staying at most of the hotels. Ideal as you don't need to carry anything around with you and next day delivery, providing you aren't checking out next day is guaranteed. We get our purchases and again the woman who has worked in this store for years knows us......she says we should get jobs there and just be done with it.........er, no.......it wouldn't be the same if we worked there........but we pass a few minutes chatting to her and then we wander around the store...........

It is quite an interesting store to wander around and see some of the displays around........there is a huge fake balloon near the rear of the store that I didn't notice for years either!!! But, it`s there.......

i-9Rd5cZ9-XL.jpg

i-fL46sCT-XL.jpg

i-JtgScnT-XL.jpg

i-F8Wh45b-XL.jpg

i-2qKxXDt-XL.jpg

The short time we spent in the store till we came out, we really felt the heat increase and it was just after 9am by now......so we did feel it was going to be a lovely morning.......

This building is one of my favourites to stand below and just listen the capers going on inside..........lol

i-w7zBhvq-XL.jpg

There are a few buildings around that if you listen below it can be quite amusing to listen.......well, we do anyway!

We do our usual wander and do The Hulk first......I`m not feeling it today so only do it once........although it is such a good ride, but again going through the cold air wasn't nice.....it was freezing.......but we enjoyed it and got our favoured front row.......on to Doom and again this is a one and done ride today........although it feels warm walking being shot up in the air is cool!!!

So, Spider-Man is next and there is no one there so we walk straight on and again like in DM the other day we actually didn't stop as we walked straight through and straight on to the ride vehicle......that is a real walk on. Always enjoy this one a lot.......and there are only 2 other people in the vehicle with us.........this was fun.......

We walk out and run into a TM we have known for long time.....he tells us not to hang around into late afternoon as forecast is dreadful and some rides will be closing.........we definitely heed his advice and tell him we don't plan to hang around for long today.......so we bid him farewell and head off round to try and do Kong today.....hoping the low crowds around the park right now might mean it`ll be quiet.......hopefully........

We don't really take a huge amount of pictures this side of Kong today.....just enjoy the walk and stopping to look at a few things along the way......very relaxing........

i-7XdqRhC-XL.jpg

We did go straight on Kong today.......when you do the EP line, you are usually put to the rear rows of the vehicle, which we prefer as I think you get a better view of things towards the rear......but today they send us to row 3....well, as it fills up we can see there is no way we are going to fit in.......it`s already full and there are only 4 people in the row.......the TM tells us one of us can go behind.....we say no, we want to sit together.....we`ll wait for the next one........I had read of some folks having issues with them trying to fit more into a row than is comfortable......have never experienced that on rides, but no way was I squeezing in beside folks when Tom was behind me. Wasn't an issue for the TM at all. He then noticed one woman had a little girl of around 6 on her knee.....so she had to put the child properly on a seat....which took up more room anyway........she was insistent the child would be fine.......unbelievable. Eventually she knew she had to relent and sit the child properly on the seat.

So we got sent back to row 11 which is probably our favourite row........and again, this is decent ride, but not one I`d wait any time at all for........10 minutes tops. It is fun though.

We again avoid Jurassic Park ride as it`s still too cold for us to do water rides......but there are people on them and we do see a few folks coming off soaked.......there are no guarantees with this ride......all depends on how the boat is loaded and how heavy.....you can either come off bone dry, sprinkled slightly or soaked to the skin. We have come off there in various states of dryness.........but, it is a fabulous ride......very gentle to start and then you have a reasonably good drop at the end........some folks think it`s huge.......we think it could be much bigger!!!!! Of course we love drops.....the bigger the better!!! But, not today....

We do pass a group of what looked like South American tourists with the leader carrying the banner........not quite like the size of the ones we saw the year we visited in July!!!! But, there was maybe around 30 of them..........so, on to Potter.........we do pass the Raptor Experience.......we have done this when there was only a few people in front of us one day.....it really is a huge amount of fun and very realistic.......but we don't do it again. You used to be able to see in and watch some of it, but they have put more foliage up to stop folks peeking in to see it.......but worth doing once.

i-wfQTnpT-XL.jpg

Love this sight as you turn of the Jurassic Park area.........and the sun is fully shining now, it`s a beautiful day now.

And best of all it doesn't look overly busy today at this point........

i-jPW8hsM-XL.jpg

The cranes in the background definitely detract from the amazing place that is Hogsmeade.......they are loud and there is some more dust around than usual......but can`t be avoided.........improvements have to be made and I know what they are putting in will be spectacular!!!! But, you cant help feel sorry for folks if this is their first and only visit to Potter and have to see the changes while the cranes are around.

i-8qCvhm7-XL.jpg

i-pWSXN23-XL.jpg

i-2FDBftH-XL.jpg

This was the addition last year......it holds some of the lights that project on to the Castle for the shows at night......it fits in well and you`d never really know it was there for that purpose........

i-Fg3FMgt-XL.jpg

We wander up to the front of the ride and we start chatting to a lovely TM called Nicky........she was lovely and we must have stood and chatted for around 20 minutes. She actually helped us out with a little something, so I said to Tom I must make sure and go into guest services to have what she did recognized. She really was lovely.........we honestly find the TM at Universal to the most genuine people, always friendly and really can`t do enough for you, and Nicky certainly did that today. She also hadn't seen the place before Potter and had never ridden Jaws.....so we did reminisce a little about the days of no lines and no crowds........lol........lovely girl.

So, onto the ride........we did use the lockers as I had my cross body bag on......one TM here told us they wished everyone used the 3 prong fanny pack on this ride providing they didn't impact the harness were fine.......but today it was the lockers.......there`s nothing wrong with the lockers themselves.......it`s people who are the problem..........18 members of one family emptying out one locker and no one looking further than the end of their nose to see there are many more lockers beyond the first row........we go straight to the back and it`s empty......get our locker and head for the ride.

Using EP we do like at times to wander through and take pictures.......just tell people to go past you and you can really take your time and see everything the castle has to offer......well, most of it........we did walk through the regular line with the camera and not ride one day......always a nice thing to do. There are some lovely scenes to see in both lines. One of my favourites is the common room.......and the Fat lady.....and Dumbledores office.......heck I just love it all...........

We get to the front and have no wait at all........we love this ride........but, for me it`s usually a one and done.......the movements are smooth but something about the turn as you go over the water and into Hogwarts knocks me funny........I`m fine leaning all the way back and any other movement, but that one gets me every time. Even with the updated screens. But, a few minutes later and we`re off and I have no lasting feelings of nausea on this one.......I have on occasion done it twice, but that's my limit. It`s a fabulous ride though and well worth doing even if you`re not sure how you`ll be on it. Chances are you might be fine.

We are so busy chatting about the ride we forget my bag and hats........we got as far as the exit near the frog choir stage and then we feel something missing......doh!!! We skulk back up and retrieve our items...and again no one is at the rear lockers.........despite TM`s announcing there are more lockers.

So now we do exit and decide to go into the Hogshead and share a pumpkin Fizz.........we aren't the biggest Butterbeer fans so this is a nice alternative to having a drink inside the Potter areas. It`s quite sweet so one is enough between two of us.......and we get our favourite table to enjoy it.........it`s so lovely and cool in here and again, the smell of the food is delicious........

i-cmM7zdR-XL.jpg

It didn't seem too busy either, and I can`t remember what time it was at this point, but I know they had started serving lunch which I believe starts from 10.30.

i-5qVsCdW-XL.jpg

We do sit for maybe half an hour or so.......and I think it may be around 11.00 right now.........as we leave we can see the crowds start to fill inside the 3B`s.........we go outside and have a short wander around this area but it is quite busy now.......

This is one of the spells you can do with the interactive wands........when you do it, it tips up and you can see more of the little beasts and water pours out......very cool........

i-TXxFm4X-XL.jpg

i-qJwXPBk-XL.jpg

We had decided to go back to Mythos today for lunch.......although we both said we should go to Confisco Grill, but since we had already been we should really give Mythos a go again. We always enjoy it and it`s a nice restaurant........so decision had been made.....but it was too early to eat lunch.......so we went to sit by the Fountain for a little while........

i-tNnnRxc-XL.jpg

The Fountain is somewhere you can sit and listen for hours!!! The humour they sometimes have with you goes over little ones heads......but the interactions are fabulous.......and the water display providing he doesn't soak you of course is excellent..........it is very clever.

We decide before lunch we will head to Seuss and do a couple of rides there then go for lunch.......

i-24wsQGR-XL.jpg

i-bnpNNMV-XL.jpg

i-zXfKSCK-XL.jpg

i-jCh28q4-XL.jpg

i-TpDGCHN-XL.jpg

We do go on the little train and we always enjoy this......it`s simple and gentle.........always fun....

i-JxvmQcD-XL.jpg

i-P3s2qPq-XL.jpg

After this, it`s time for lunch and see what the storm would bring.

We spent many restful hours lounging by the pool last October...love seeing those pictures!
And I adore the Pumpkin fizz!

Always enjoy your newest installments:love:

Yet another great trip report! And there's more to come! Yippee!

O'Charley's is one of our most favorite restaurants. They are based out of central Tennessee so we visited there often when we lived in Nashville. Too bad there's only one location here in Orlando. But we don't mind to take the 25 min drive over. Especially for the fried pepper jack cheese wedges - they are amazing!!

4Rivers is great also. We live fairly close to the Winter Garden location and we usually order ahead for pick up. Because like you said, the line is usually out the door!

The pictures of rpr you showed at the start of this page are marvelous!!!
You have a real eye for taking pictures.

Why don't you add them to the picture thread..
Don't recall of seeing anything with that pose of rpr on it before.

We spent many restful hours lounging by the pool last October...love seeing those pictures!
And I adore the Pumpkin fizz!

Always enjoy your newest installments:love:

Thanks!!!

We love the pool at RP.......perfect for us, it was just we are total wimps and it was far too cold for us at night for pool time.......

Yes, Pumpkin Fizz is a delicious drink, but can’t drink a lot of it........everyone seems to go for Butterbeer which just isn’t for us.........we definitely seem to be in the minority there but hey ho.........

Glad you’re still enjoying it.......

Yet another great trip report! And there's more to come! Yippee!

O'Charley's is one of our most favorite restaurants. They are based out of central Tennessee so we visited there often when we lived in Nashville. Too bad there's only one location here in Orlando. But we don't mind to take the 25 min drive over. Especially for the fried pepper jack cheese wedges - they are amazing!!

4Rivers is great also. We live fairly close to the Winter Garden location and we usually order ahead for pick up. Because like you said, the line is usually out the door!

Oh I didn’t know it was from Tennessee.......yes, it would be worth the drive for us too if we had to! Love that spicy sandwich........only thing is I keep ordering the same thing every time I go........should really get something else for a change........haven’t tried those wedges yet.......

Yes, WG one seems to always have worse lines than WP........but both were fabulous. Thinking we may go to WG this May trip to try somewhere else that’s been recommended to us.........it’s trying to fit everything in that’s difficult!!

Glad you’re still reading along and enjoying it......:)

The pictures of rpr you showed at the start of this page are marvelous!!!
You have a real eye for taking pictures.

Why don't you add them to the picture thread..
Don't recall of seeing anything with that pose of rpr on it before.

Thank you!!

Will look to add them too :thumbsup2.......that other thread is such a good one........

TUESDAY CONT..........this should be a short one........

Mythos is somewhere we have always enjoyed......on occasion. it`s always been a hit and a miss for us.......but, we had enjoyed it in December and thought we`d go back.

We walked in around midday and there was no one there........no wait, no line at all.....this suited us down to the ground. We won`t make reservations for lunch as we never know where exactly we`ll be at any time and have no desire to have to be in a specific place at a certain time......nope, not for us at all. So walking in to Mythos is ideal. We were surprised, as many say they have to wait over an hour at this time of day, but seems not always.

We are seated immediately by the window and it`s not overly busy today at all. It is a beautiful restaurant though, and today for the first time it`s not freezing cold. It`s cold, but not freezing.

We are welcomed by Lindsey who is someone we have never seen before.......some of the staff are folks that have been here for a long time......she takes our drink order and we know what we`re having here......two Potions of the Gods.......she asks if we`re sure as they are large......they`re not that large, and usually filled with ice......but nice........we assure her it`ll be fine......I don't think she believed us actually........

i-w6TMjcc-XL.jpg

i-WFz2MCs-XL.jpg

It is a nice drink.

We check out the menu and when she comes back she asks if we have any allergies or intolerances......I explain I have a couple, so she brings the chef out to go through the menu.......so, I discovered I was fairly limited today in what I could order.......some things they couldn't change and there was 2 dishes the chefs ask you didn't change as they were busy.......ok. So after much discussion I ordered the regular burger, no cheese and Tom ordered the Fish Tacos..........I didn't really want a burger, but it would be fine I was sure.

We do enjoy a little bread while we wait..........

i-4ntnC4m-XL.jpg

Sitting here as always we pass the time talking and chatting over everything........and this is as much fun for us as going on all the rides in the park.......I guess we just enjoy spending as much time together as possible, and thankfully never tire of each others company......not a bad thing is it :lovestruc.......but rather quickly, the food is brought to our table.........

i-q4HxwN6-XL.jpg

Sorry for the blurry picture again.........

i-vzFfFCv-XL.jpg

Tom`s food looked so good........but he played search the fish inside the taco......it was very watery, full of shredded cabbage and pretty tasteless.......he did enjoy the potato salad though........

My burger was a big disappointment. It had very little taste, slightly overcooked and the fries were cold.

Usually I would send both dishes back, but we just didn't bother today........we had left around 3/4 of our food when she came back to clear our plates........she could see they had barely been touched and we did say they weren't the usual quality of food we were used to in here. She said yes, allergies are tough and removed the plates. So, we didn't bother saying anything else. But, it was a disappointing meal for us........I would still tell folks to try it if you haven't been as we have had some lovely meals, but, not today.

We paid the check and left.

It really looked like rain now, so we headed out the park as it looked quite dark now. We did try to go to Guest Services to leave our positive feedback on Nicky and a couple of other TM`s this trip, but it was mobbed. So we decided we would wait till tomorrow and go in the way in.

As we walked back you could feel the atmosphere change weather wise........it was heavy and felt quite oppressive.......so we quickened our step so we got back home before it started. We went straight up to our room and had a look out of the window.......it looked ominous.......

We looked down at the Bula Bar and they had emptied it out along with the pool at this point.......staff were removing umbrellas and all the tables and chairs and were stacking them safely to the side....they must be expecting a wild storm. It was weird to see.

Tom decided he wanted to go for a sleep as we obviously weren't going to go far today........the rain had started now and the winds were getting up and looked wild out there. This was the best place to be this afternoon. As Tom fell asleep, I decided to go and sit in the Club lounge and pass my time up there. There`s always someone to talk to and it would give Tom an hour or so to sleep.

Lounge was busier than normal at this time of the afternoon......but of course the weather was the main reason for that.........I was asked a few times where Tom was of course, as you don't usually see one without the other.........::yes::

Watching out the window it was unbelievable........as it got heavier you couldn't even see Sapphire Falls nor the I4 in the distance......it was bad.......I did feel for the folks that would still be in the parks at this point, or out anywhere........this was akin to some storms we had seen in September........thunder and lightning followed soon after which now turned the light like night time.......it was dark!!!

But it felt so cosy in here........I was enjoying a coffee and had been there about an hour when Tom appeared.......he hadn't really got to sleep with the weather, so thought he might as well head up to sit with me. So we sat with ipads and watched the weather pass through.......

Eventually of course it did stop. But didn't look particularly nice outside, so we decided there and then we`d stay in the hotel tonight.......people were coming in who had been in the parks, and some were drenched.....and all complaining it was now cold.

When the food went out, we were served our usual two glasses of wine, and of course as we hadn't enjoyed lunch we were a little hungry.....so we did have some of the food tonight........I can`t remember what it was, some kind of spicy chicken and tabbouleh........it was quite nice......we didn't eat too much as we planned to eat at Jake`s later......but we were ready for food as we were hungry......

We passed a good couple of hours up here......it was lovely.......chatting and sipping wine is rather nice. We also sent Kyle a few Skype messages as he was online........but nothing new back home.......I took some pictures of the storm on my ipad and sent them to him......he sent back pictures of the snow he was having........lol.......

Eventually we went down and had planned Jake`s but then we saw the Wok night was on in Islands restaurant.......so we thought we would do that.........glad we did.

Got seated immediately as it wasn't overly busy. We really like it in here and food has never disappointed........we had our choice of tables and chose one that is our favourite.........I have to say though, we do miss the character dinners here.......we`ve had so many over the years and all have been excellent. The time they spent with each guest was tremendous.

For tonight the waiter we had did remember us from last time as I had asked about MSG in the food here, they don't use it at all, but I wanted to check they hadn't changed their recipes........it was fine, still don't use it. So I could have anything that was being offered.

It`s a horrible thing to be allergic to. Yes, it`s not life threatening, but it has many effects not at least headaches, a rash and severe palpitations. It also makes me feel extremely unwell and I can spend hours shivering. It`s weird, but not pleasant at all. And it`s in so many things you wouldn't expect at times.

i-LP6rqqj-XL.jpg

We each order a cocktail tonight, my pictures of them are rather blurry......but I had a Royal Pacific Sunset and Tom went for the Coral Crush........not the strongest cocktails we have ever drank I have to say.......more ice than liquor.

For the wok event they have a couple of soups to choose from, we didn't have any of those.....but they did look nice......then you choose protein which the choices are chicken, shrimp and beef......you can have a mix of eat if you like......you choose your own veg from the choices below and choose rice or noodles.....then they cook it all for you, they do ask if you want fresh ginger and garlic..........you then get a choice of sauces.......we had a mix of Szechuan and teriyaki together.......it was lovely but again not spicy enough.......there were no jalapenos to choose from.......we like jalapenos.......

There is also a salad bar with some dressings to choose from too.........

i-NSQL5p9-XL.jpg

i-DBmRGk7-XL.jpg

i-pLsJ886-XL.jpg

Tom chose noodles with shrimp and I had rice with shrimp and chicken.........I have to say they were both lovely.......my food picture turned out far too blurry to post......but, they were tasty.......

You can go up as many times as you like, but we found once was enough for us tonight......

Desserts are mainly cheesecake.......same as what is served in the Club Lounge during dessert hour.......they were ok.

i-fqQmd8q-XL.jpg

We paid the check and decided we weren't ready to go to our room yet, we had enjoyed quite a lazy day so we didn't feel tired tonight......so into Jake`s it was.

Love it in here.......sitting at the bar is always nice.......and they do lovely cocktails here.......we still had a couple of vouchers the check in staff had given us for free drinks or desserts, so we would use 2 tonight for our cocktails.

Jake`s American Bar is one of the nicest bars around......always friendly and the food is excellent. It`s hard to go somewhere else when this is so handy......

i-kstQQwB-XL.jpg

i-MFM6PG3-XL.jpg

i-ZVv6mSv-XL.jpg

For some reason, I`m not quite sure why.......I ended up with both these cocktails.......I cant remember what they were called either, but they were lush!!! I must check the menu to see what they were........Tom went on to order a beer.........he thinks he ordered the drink and it was too sweet for him......so I got both........well, someone has to drink them........:)

We sat till around midnight and found out that the guy who used to be the manager Elijah, had left. He was such a lovely man and made everyone feel so welcome.......he was missed by us and staff alike according to our barman. It`s a shame folks have to move on when they are so good at their job. We hadn't met the person who had replaced him yet. But, the staff in here are excellent and so friendly........

Eventually, we did begin to feel tired.......we had been up so early this morning, so we were ready for bed around midnight.......

The moon tonight looked amazing, I did take a picture but taking it through the window, it didn't really turn out well........so, hopped into bed and we again, both dropped off before we even said goodnight to each other. Now, that's being tired.........

Your report is reminding me of a few things.... one was that when Davy and I first went to Universal (he was 3 or 4), his FAVORITE thing had been the high in the sky trolley or whatever it's called at Dr. Seuss. I had bought express pass as we were just there for the day and weren't on-site. IT was the one and done pass I believe, but because ALL Davy wanted to do was ride that train, the lady let us use the pass over and over and over... :) Helped that it wasn't really busy there and that Davy is so darned cute, how could you say no to him? :)
Second thing was Mythos -- last time we went it was SO COLD we were about to freeze to death. And, we too thought there wasn't much flavor to the meal. That may be it for us (especially since Davy would eat every meal at Three Broomsticks if he could).

WEDNESDAY MARCH 21ST.........

This trip was now flying away with us.........we only had a few days left.......so we would make the most of them. And getting up early was part of that plan. Although we never do EE and have no plans to, we do enjoy getting up and getting the day started.......we always think we may sleep late one day, but it never happens. As soon as we`re awake we just want to get up and out.......although when we turned the weather channel on this morning it didn't look to be as warm as previous few days.......a high of 71F.

It still never entered our minds to leave later in the morning when it warmed up slightly........

So, showered and dressed and up to Club Lounge for breakfast.

We had our usual choices then I spotted a man who had a tee shirt with four white circles and the words "There are four lights" If you are a Star Trek Next Gen fan you`ll know what it means..........(Alice....you`ll know......lol)........so I told him I liked his tee......he smiled and asked, Ah but do you know what it means........well, a little smugly I told him yes we did.......and just said Picard. He laughed and said well done, most folks don't have a clue........we got chatting and he made the mistake of asking how often we stay here.......so, well, he did ask, told him from September last year till December this year we`ll have stayed 75 nights here. He almost dropped his coffee........not sure he believed us, but one of the staff told him we were telling the truth........he was like wow, so you really, really like it here........er, definitely. Him and his wife and two kids were from Maine too and I think this was their first time at RPR..........so, we got chatting some more and then we all went our separate ways for the day. Most people in the lounge are very friendly and will chat quite happily, it`s always a nice place to be.

We still put sunscreen on despite the cooler temperatures.........and we headed off for the walk......as soon as we went outside, I wished I had a jacket........yes, cool is the pleasant word to describe the temperature this morning. But, we soldiered on and again, walked a little quicker to get there.........and it was the same security officer whos jacket I jokingly tried to borrow........he laughed when he saw it was us again......and we got the "you still here" comment....lol.......followed by you really need a jacket........eh, no......It`s Orlando I will not put a jacket on during the day!!!! I`m stubborn at times, even to my own detriment. But, again, I was convinced it was going to warm up again.......

We got through the gates easily this morning, Tom`s print worked first time.......and we went straight to Guest Services before we forgot and felt bad. There were a few people waiting but one family seemed to be there a while, but they needed things sorted so I don't mind waiting....another staff member comes out just as a family of very healthy looking people join our line.......they all have Apple iPhone watches and announce to each other how many steps, or miles or breaths they have used so far today........so.......they are already exasperated they have to wait at all by all accounts considering the sighs and "we are in a rush" comments.

It`s our turn and I begin to explain what I want to do, at first she doesn't understand what I`m asking for......then she realizes it`s a positive comment for a TM we are doing.......so she starts again........well, as an aside comment......the woman behind at this point is getting extremely flustered and is swiping her watch as if her life depended on it, with comments of "how much longer".........eh no, I wont rush this........so I make sure the whole story is clear and the correct TM will get acknowledged for what she did........after I regaled my side, she said shed just go over the story to make sure it was correct........I swear this woman burst a blood vessel at this point.......Tom could see her more than I could and she was mad at having to wait. But, hey ho.........so once it was all down we thanked her for her time, wished her a good day and turned to leave the offices.......I did say, well that didn't take long.......lol........

We could now get on with our day..........but, I was glad I had taken a few minutes out of our day to thank some TM`s.

It was still early, and we always seem to follow the same route.....turn left towards the Hulk......we only do Spider-Man this morning.......it`s chilly to say the least, so we try and stay in the sunshine as much as we can......most folks have long trousers and long sleeved tops and hoodies on.......not us.......and we looked cold........and some folks even stopped to tell us we looked cold!!

We walked straight round to Kong, this was going to be our second ride of the day........and we didn't really stop to take pictures of anything today really........Kong was a walk on with EP, and we got our favourite row today......we did mean to go through the whole regular line today to take some pictures, but thought better of it........we may do it next trip............

By some miracle we come out of Kong, and the sun is really up.......and feels warm when you`re in it.........this was better.......now we were happy to stand and watch some rides and get some pictures taken........we go down and have a look at the vehicles coming down the JP drop.....we do love this ride, but getting so wet was not a chance we were willing to take.........but, its quite pretty down here........

i-Vn3Gpwf-XL.jpg

i-6n6njpN-XL.jpg

And again, a little diversion away from the regular paths takes you to some little places that many don't take the time to wander down to.....and it`s so pretty........

i-Q8qcCWT-XL.jpg

Potter is next for us........as we pass The Watering Hole we fondly remember the wall that faces it as you turn on the other side of the path, used to host the lockers for Duelling Dragons many moons ago........I wasn't sure I ever had a picture of those, but did remember them well......

We turn and are asked to take someone`s picture which we happily do.......some folks don't like asking the official photographer to take pics with their own camera, but they will do it. We did notice another rise in numbers of photographers around the parks this time......always good to see as more are getting the Photopass at Universal, and I know one complaint in the past was there weren't many photographers around........but, we saw many this time again.

i-ghkg5xc-XL.jpg

Tom doesn't really want to hand the camera over today.........he is in the mood to take pictures today, so I just wander around and stop when he tells me to......I can do as I`m told occasionally..........

We go straight up to do FJ again........and I love this castle.......I still have hopes there`s a secret apartment up there, housing a replica of the common room and other rooms for students.............well, I can dream.......but it would be so cool!!!

i-KL4gPPF-XL.jpg

i-gWmPw5M-XL.jpg

i-jsmVwK6-XL.jpg

We call that above the secret entrance.........someone heard us say that one day as we seemed to come out of it, and thought we seriously meant there was a secret entrance and asked us how you go about going in.......lol......we had just gone in to take a picture!! Kyle was howling at how indignant this family were that they may have missed out on something........oh dear.

So although you can take this type of fanny pack on to FJ, mine is bulky with the camera, so I deposit it in a locker just for ease......again, we could take pictures another day........I really must look at buying another little camera that isn't as bulky for next trip, but I do like this camera.......

As we were about to go on the ride, we saw Nicky from yesterday.......gave her a big hug and thanked her again......she was pleased she had helped. It was brief as we were just stepping on the ride.......but we got on the next set of seats and off we went........love this ride!!! How good is it.......I do close my eyes at the spiders, but, closing my eyes makes motion sickness worse for me........some can close their eyes and it helps, but not for me.......so I just cover my eyes a little..........and the same bit gets me again.......it`s the same bit every time that I feel a little woozy......but as long as I don't ride again, I`m fine.......I can go back on later though if we are spending longer in the parks.......but we love this ride........and I think it`s one of Kyle`s favourites too......although he is still annoyed at Dueling Dragons going too........

We come off and do remember to pick out our stuff from the lockers today......and we head down to the stores......we really plan to have a good look around Dervish and Banges today and see what we can get..........Hogsmeade is busy, but we do find there`s not too many folks in the store today......even the Owlery is quiet......in September it`s so hard to get a seat in there at times as everyone is hiding from the sun for a little bit, or just resting out with their families.......but today it`s almost empty.......or so it seems till we go in.......I think everyone followed us today.......

i-9rR3PZJ-XL.jpg

i-4XRtQWp-XL.jpg

i-DmrL4VC-XL.jpg

This did take ages to move today........thought for a minute it wasn't working.....but it did eventually move......it does give some a little fright if they don't know it moves.......

i-bHJVQ82-XL.jpg

i-8XWjLRC-XL.jpg

i-QHbmBMB-XL.jpg

i-jBfsb6z-XL.jpg

We don't actually get anything today for a change........so we wander back out in the sunshine......and it is a beautiful day, and not cold anymore........

There is a little cart outside the store where you can pick up a limited selection of smaller products for sale......you can get postcards here and they will open the pack for you and put the Hogwarts Stamp on it......not the postage stamp, but the Insignia stamp.

i-33rMk5b-XL.jpg

i-psh52bw-XL.jpg

i-6mr7qDS-XL.jpg

It is fairly busy now and we decide to walk out towards Poseidon area which although we don't like the Poseidon walk through, the area around is very pretty..........

We stop by our favourite past time in this area.......the talking fountain.......if you`ve never stopped by here, have a quick break and just watch and listen to his interactions with folks......he is funny. Some voices are funnier than others.........and the humour has to be heard to be appreciated. Very clever. Today there`s not many folks stopping by so we head round to the Bazaar area and the Fountain........

i-qcRG6Mw-XL.jpg

i-j7bh6vK-XL.jpg

It must be before 11am as the queue has already built up for Mythos..........

i-Htq5D8v-XL.jpg

Impressive building and huge amount of space here........definite future plans for this........

i-QWcmnRF-XL.jpg

i-dpvgbMh-XL.jpg

i-kHvMNMx-XL.jpg

i-2VkVHr9-XL.jpg

i-kxt3wmD-XL.jpg

i-7H22CD8-XL.jpg

i-7MNPRVg-XL.jpg

And a nice view of the soon to be unveiled Aventura Resort.........will visit for the rooftop bar........::yes::

i-sSCcQQg-XL.jpg

More coming up.........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts