10 NIGHTS RPR...MARDI GRAS & COCKTAILS....MARCH 2018 TRIP

Schenectady is a few hours away from us! We have so many funny names in our area- I grew up in North Tonawanda, we have Cheektowaga, Lackawanna...

You know- Teak Grill has become a favorite of ours- thanks!!

Lol.....there are some weird names around!!

Oh I’m glad you enjoy Teak!! So close but convenient and food is so good!!

Another great trip report!! I am only 3 days into it but I am really enjoying all of the detail you put into the report. Thanks Schumi for sharing your trip with us again. Can't wait to read more!

:welcome: Back cam757

I am so glad to see you back again for this one too........I am so glad you are enjoying reading it......I love writing them so it’s always fun to do.........:wave2:

Absolutely loving your trip report! I love seeing all of the details that we've missed, and plan to make a list to look for them next time! We went to Teak last May and it was awesome. I had the donut burger with bacon, cheese and jalapenos. There's something about all of that salty,sweet and spicy goodness. Delicious! I love sweet potato fries too, and dip them in buffalo sauce. There is a local restaurant near us that serves them that way, and I've done it ever since. Probably weird, yet really tasty. I can't wait to read more!

Oh another Teak fan!!!! Yep, the donut burger is lush!!!

Wish we were all there together having a lovely meal..........oh I love buffalo sauce too!! And anything sweet potato is always good........:D and doesn’t sound weird at all!! Love it!!

It is so nice to read you’re enjoying it so much.........thank you!! :wave2:

Absolutely loving your trip report! I'm caught up on this one and just finished your Dec report. Love getting to live vicariously through your trips. :) Thank you for sharing them with us.

Absolutely loving your trip report! I'm caught up on this one and just finished your Dec report. Love getting to live vicariously through your trips. :) Thank you for sharing them with us.

A very warm :welcome: to you again FLVacationGirl..........

And thank you so much!!!!! I am so glad you are enjoying reading them so much........I appreciate the comments.......:wave2:

Well hello there Carole, I was just reading your December report and saw that you had a March trip report going, so had to come and find it. It's been a while but, since we are planning a return visit to Universal this summer, I have been reading some trip reports to get me in the mood (not that it takes much). I always enjoy your reports and we seem to like to eat (and drink) at a lot of the same places. Teak Neighbourhood Grill and 4 Rivers are already on our list for August, as they are among our favourites from previous trips, but I have just added some of the bars you have mentioned in the parks as I do like a cocktail or two.

I am glad you are back again in a couple of months, so I will have something else to read to pass the time. Hope to see more of this one soon....

Well hello there Carole, I was just reading your December report and saw that you had a March trip report going, so had to come and find it. It's been a while but, since we are planning a return visit to Universal this summer, I have been reading some trip reports to get me in the mood (not that it takes much). I always enjoy your reports and we seem to like to eat (and drink) at a lot of the same places. Teak Neighbourhood Grill and 4 Rivers are already on our list for August, as they are among our favourites from previous trips, but I have just added some of the bars you have mentioned in the parks as I do like a cocktail or two.

I am glad you are back again in a couple of months, so I will have something else to read to pass the time. Hope to see more of this one soon....

:welcome: Joh.........lovely to see you post over here......and I’m so glad you have been reading and enjoying this little ramble too!!

So you’re going back to Universal this year? How lovely.........

Oh my kinda gal with cocktails!!! Yes, we may have enjoyed one or five this time......:rolleyes1

Hope you enjoy the rest and yep, will hopefully have another one for a May trip too.........:wave2:

I’m enjoying your reports. Enjoy seeing where you go each trip. It’s lovely to get ideas for places to visit while in Orlando. We drove up to St. Augustine last year and plan on visiting other outlying areas next year! It was funny how people wondered why we would venture 3 whole hours away. We are from B.C. Canada and think nothing of an 8 hour road trip. RPR is our favourite too..:flower1:

Surprising to hear another person with coconut allergies. I can't even use the lotions or shampoos with it in them. I always tease when I'm having a really bad day at work that I feel like eating a piece of coconut cream pie and an almond joy and putting on lotion with coconut oil. Do myself in.:crazy2:
Although I'm allergic to strawberries and cinnamon and cannot drink most juices as the pectin in them gives me debilitating migraines. I just stay away from everything and I'm in perfect health. :thumbsup2 I have so many allergies that my late brother (bless him) used to say I am allergic to life.:rotfl2:

It's really masochistic torture for me to look at your food pictures Carole, everything always looks so yummy and I can't have most of it. Oh well you and Tom can enjoy it for me.

I always miss Kyle and his chocoholic food adventures. That young man LOVES his chocolate (you mentioned he had it at Teaks, I can only imagine what delight he had there.)

I’m enjoying your reports. Enjoy seeing where you go each trip. It’s lovely to get ideas for places to visit while in Orlando. We drove up to St. Augustine last year and plan on visiting other outlying areas next year! It was funny how people wondered why we would venture 3 whole hours away. We are from B.C. Canada and think nothing of an 8 hour road trip. RPR is our favourite too..:flower1:

:welcome: to Dduckpgbc..........nice to have you along for this one........

We plan on St Augustine this year too........a friend at the hotel told us a few places to go when we`re there, so plan to take his advice and go spend the day......yep, we don't mind travelling a few hours to get somewhere either.....it`s part of the fun and you see places you wouldn't normally see. Sometimes by accident of course......lol.........but I agree some folks don't understand why we travel around the way we do.........

Glad to hear you enjoy RPR too.........and hope you enjoy the rest of this one.....not too long to go now........:wave2:

Surprising to hear another person with coconut allergies. I can't even use the lotions or shampoos with it in them. I always tease when I'm having a really bad day at work that I feel like eating a piece of coconut cream pie and an almond joy and putting on lotion with coconut oil. Do myself in.:crazy2:
Although I'm allergic to strawberries and cinnamon and cannot drink most juices as the pectin in them gives me debilitating migraines. I just stay away from everything and I'm in perfect health. :thumbsup2 I have so many allergies that my late brother (bless him) used to say I am allergic to life.:rotfl2:

It's really masochistic torture for me to look at your food pictures Carole, everything always looks so yummy and I can't have most of it. Oh well you and Tom can enjoy it for me.

I always miss Kyle and his chocoholic food adventures. That young man LOVES his chocolate (you mentioned he had it at Teaks, I can only imagine what delight he had there.)

Do you know something weird.......I was talking to someone I`ve known for years last night and she happened to mention she was allergic to coconut......I never knew!!! She lives in Canada so we don't see each other often, but it was strange I had read of someone on here being allergic to coconut, then she mentioned it and now you too......I think it must be more common than I thought. And to not be able to use creams or shampoos......that is a bad allergy!!

Oh I hear you on the allergies.......I have a few but not unusual ones.....easy to avoid but I imagine pectin is something that can be found in a lot of products too so you have to check........

You have to have a sense of humour about it all I suppose, and sounds like your brother certainly did......:hug:

Yep, enjoy the pictures......I do glance adoringly at dishes that Tom eats that have onions in at times.......lol.......he`s like, eyes off.......:laughing:

Oh yes, we do miss Kyle and his chocaholic ways.........oh at Teak it was a full chocolate cake, with chocolate ice cream and lashings of chocolate sauce with a chocolate thing on top.........and he demolished the lot........we just watched as he ploughed through it.

Have to say though coconut cream pie is quite new to us......we had a huge one between us in NY last year........oh my!!!! It`s one of my favourites now....so I do feel for you not being able to eat something so delicious........

:wave2:

We plan on St Augustine this year too........a friend at the hotel told us a few places to go when we`re there, so plan to take his advice and go spend the day......yep, we don't mind travelling a few hours to get somewhere either.....it`s part of the fun and you see places you wouldn't normally see. Sometimes by accident of course......lol.........but I agree some folks don't understand why we travel around the way we do........

We have been to St Augustine a number of times, now absolutely love it. Do shout if you want any advice on what to see/where to go.

Yes, we feel very lucky he still wants to travel with us........he’s always been fabulous company and honestly never had any issues with him......no horrible teen stage at all!!!

Having good teachers is a blessing when they understand how valuable family travel time is.......especially when as you say your husband works exceedingly long hours........yes, I’m sure you’re going to have many years of travel with your son ahead......especially if you keep visiting Orlando........::yes::

We are booked to arrive Nov 29th and leave Dec 9th this year.........Can’t wait to see all the Christmas stuff again, we really loved it.........so weird for us though.......heat and Christmas songs.........:laughing:

It is likely we will just miss you in December then - I have the 14th to 21st booked as it works best for missing school (last week before the break and certainly at Wyatt's school they typically do very little school work that week). It may end up getting bumped up to the 7th to 14th (or 16th) but that is dependant on when some meetings for DH get scheduled for December.

Thats funny about the heat/Christmas songs - Tom and Wyatt find it very strange too, but I grew up going to Arizona for Christmas to visit my Grandparents then in my teen years going to Florida with my parents. So Christmas for me was very much heat, palm trees/cacti and no snow. It took some getting used to being at home in the snow and cold weather and for it to actually feel like Christmas.

Your meal at Teak looked lovely. It is a place I had read several recommendations for before our trip, but sadly we didn't get a chance to go to. The menu definitely appeals to us (and is quite similar in style of food to our favourite restaurant in town at home). Will definitely be putting it on our list for December as I am hoping that just staying put at RPR for a week (or potentially a few more days than that) will allow for a bit more flexibility to try some different restaurants. I also have Jake's on my list - sadly we didn't get to try it with only one night at RPR on our last trip.

I am up to March 18th on your trip report and one thing that has completely floored me is no more "Dive In" movies at the resort pools. I am soooo bummed! That was always something we looked forward to on the nights we hung around the resort. I hope they revisit that decision.

Also, I am wondering if they have put anything where Tchoup Tchoup used to be? Just curious.

The food at The Palm looks soooo good! That crab/shrimp appetizer looks AMAZING!!

On to March 19th................

We have been to St Augustine a number of times, now absolutely love it. Do shout if you want any advice on what to see/where to go.

Thanks Joh.......I cant believe we have never actually gone there yet!!

Our friend mentioned the Trolley Tour and a few other places........he also has been to a place that allegedly has the best pizza in America.......so may find that!!!

The ghost tour and winery sounds good too........of course we may just end up wandering like we usually do.......

Looking forward to seeing it though........:thumbsup2

It is likely we will just miss you in December then - I have the 14th to 21st booked as it works best for missing school (last week before the break and certainly at Wyatt's school they typically do very little school work that week). It may end up getting bumped up to the 7th to 14th (or 16th) but that is dependant on when some meetings for DH get scheduled for December.

Thats funny about the heat/Christmas songs - Tom and Wyatt find it very strange too, but I grew up going to Arizona for Christmas to visit my Grandparents then in my teen years going to Florida with my parents. So Christmas for me was very much heat, palm trees/cacti and no snow. It took some getting used to being at home in the snow and cold weather and for it to actually feel like Christmas.

Your meal at Teak looked lovely. It is a place I had read several recommendations for before our trip, but sadly we didn't get a chance to go to. The menu definitely appeals to us (and is quite similar in style of food to our favourite restaurant in town at home). Will definitely be putting it on our list for December as I am hoping that just staying put at RPR for a week (or potentially a few more days than that) will allow for a bit more flexibility to try some different restaurants. I also have Jake's on my list - sadly we didn't get to try it with only one night at RPR on our last trip.

Oh what a shame!

Yep, least you have your dates booked and if you need to change them you know you`ll be able to still get a trip!!! We loved Christmas........oh that must have been weird for you growing up with the heat at Christmas, then adjusting........one of the guys in Club Lounge has never seen snow in real life......I couldn't imagine that, but I suppose it`s quite common depending on where you grow up and live.

With a longer trip you`ll definitely be able to take advantage of the choices around......Jake`s is one of our favourites.....but we love all the food options at RP......and I`m sure you`ll love Teak :thumbsup2

I am up to March 18th on your trip report and one thing that has completely floored me is no more "Dive In" movies at the resort pools. I am soooo bummed! That was always something we looked forward to on the nights we hung around the resort. I hope they revisit that decision.

Also, I am wondering if they have put anything where Tchoup Tchoup used to be? Just curious.

The food at The Palm looks soooo good! That crab/shrimp appetizer looks AMAZING!!

On to March 19th................

I know, the dive in movies were always popular.......we plan to use the pool in May as it will be much warmer, but will miss them too.

I believe they know what is going in that space where Tchoup Chop was........::yes::

Oh The Palm is our favourite onsite restaurant by far......of the signature restaurants for sure.......never been disappointed yet!!

So, we waited a few moments on a boat arriving and I began to think we would be glad of our hoodies tonight. At that point however, it was quite cloudy.......I had just said it was cool, when the sun came out and it felt warm again. So, I carried mine around until it was really needed........

The park looked busy today, much busier than we had seen it......of course most were there to see Mardi Gras at this time.......we did go ride Despicable Me as the EP line was non existant......same couldn't be said for the regular line. But, as always we enjoyed this little ride.....I can do this one many times and have no issues with motion sickness the way I do with Transformers......it doesn't affect me at all. And it`s always fun......we like this ride.

As we come out we see it`s getting a little darker tonight, we do like being in the parks at night when it`s dark.....but equally we are happy to go do other things when they don't open late, no issues for us. And it surprisingly looked less busy at this point, but the parades here don't require staking out a decent view hours ahead of time.......and sometimes being at the back can be an advantage.........

We stand outside the Boulangerie and wait.

i-XqSNc4B-XL.jpg

i-775c5vS-XL.jpg

And it did cool down. Spot the hoodie!!!!

i-96QQK59-XL.jpg

I had mine on now too and really did feel the cool air tonight........I don`t like this. But, everyone else around was good company and everyone got chatting......I saw someone from the Club Lounge we hadn't spoken to yet way at the back.......him and his wife were from Philadelphia....and actually we had met a lot of folks from there this year.......he gave us a wave and I could see he was serious about bead catching........lol.........

It wasn't long till it started. The parades at Universal are much more low key than other parades in other parks, but still fun and the décor on the floats were extremely ornate and had some fantastic detail on them.......costumes and dancers look amazing too, as you would expect from a Mardi Gras parade. We took a lot of pictures but a lot were too blurry to use as everyone is moving and dancing.....but we did get some.....however didn't take too many as we wanted to watch the parade rather than just picture it.........

i-tQtR3br-XL.jpg

i-4KKDtx4-XL.jpg

i-GLbVJwM-XL.jpg

i-Jp2RMFP-XL.jpg

i-7RNHK47-XL.jpg

i-ktMtx5L-XL.jpg

i-fKMWkBD-XL.jpg

i-CFC8LKf-XL.jpg

And again, we became ever so competitive over these cheap plastic beads!!!!! Holy Moly do folks take this serious........lol.......we got loads tonight........and I turned a couple of times to see the man from the Club Lounge stretch higher than he probably should have to get some.......at this point a little girl had appeared between me and the man to my left......she had only a couple of beads and the parade was over.......so I took the ones I had around my neck and asked if she`d like them........you should have seen her face.......I`m sure her parents were thrilled she ended up with so darn many of these beads!!!! But, we had plenty and had loads from the previous night........she ran back to her mum thrilled with her haul.......and it was less for us to wear.........Tom took some off his neck and put them round mine......if he was going to look silly in beads.......so was I.

This was a good place to watch as we could get out fairly quickly......of course everyone had the same idea.......once we got out in to Citywalk it seemed incredibly busy........but thankfully we were all going the same way for the most part.

We began thinking now what we wanted to eat........and decided to go sit at the bar at Margaritaville if we could get a seat......so we fought our way across the thronging crowds to get there before everyone else.........

It was fairly busy when we looked in........bar seats were filled. So, someone who was sitting at the tables moved, and we got to the table at the same time as two guys.......they went to walk away and I suggest they sit down at the other two seats.......we don't mind sharing and it is busy.......so they say why not.........they turned out to be really good company and we had a nice time to chatting to them. Well, one of them mainly as the other guy kept going out make phone calls.......they were here for a convention and they made custom pinball machines.

So, I wasn't overly hungry which is unusual........so, we ordered drinks first......I went for my favourite blackberry margarita and Tom had a loaded landshark......

i-FGs2R43-XL.jpg

i-99hpFGq-XL.jpg

These hit the spot nicely..........it was really cold outside by now.......the outdoor area of the restaurant had been closed in and they had placed heaters all around the tables trying to keep folks warm.........so, we felt ok we were inside.

We told the waiter we were having two separate checks from the other two guys, no problem for him........and we ordered the Shrimp lava lava for me and Tom went for the crab cake sandwich..........

for some reason we drank those drinks very quickly......so we ordered another........I had the same Blackberry Margarita but Tom ordered It`s 5 o Clock somewhere.........nice choice!!!!

i-TDTJxSj-XL.jpg

These were going down a treat.........and again, it was just nice being able to sit and relax and have a nice chat with folks around us.......and of course wait for the Volcano to blow.........

Listening to Jimmy Buffet songs is always fun......and there was a band setting up, and they were fairly good too........

i-jN83hnH-XL.jpg

i-7jGbKgc-XL.jpg

We used to eat at Margaritaville more often than we do now. The menu years back used to be far more extensive and varied. Although you can still get a decent selection of food, we just haven't been impressed by some of it in the last few years. Burgers still seem to be decent and the nachos is unlike any other........the nachos has to be seen to be believed. It is huge..........

But, we do give it a try on occasion and I think they can`t really go wrong with what we`ve ordered tonight.

i-PskZRWf-XL.jpg

i-RWpRbQp-XL.jpg

And I do have to say, they were both very nice......the shrimp was lightly cooked and fresh.....sauce wasn't spicy as promised but nice all the same........and just the right size for what I wanted tonight.........Tom`s was lovely too. The crab cake was a decent size and again, tasted fresh.........fries are fries.......and the sauce he got was lovely. I may have borrowed some..........

We enjoyed our food and the music was good.......we were having a nice time.

One of the guys offered to take a picture of us together as he saw us snapping ones of each other and our food which he said his daughter did exactly the same thing but for Facebook.......I laughed and said well I don't have Facebook but I`m guilty of this too........

i-JrRP3jt-XL.jpg

The other guys at this point were leaving, so we said our goodbyes and they set off.......have to say their food looked good too.....they both had the jerk chicken pasta......

We weren't ready to go home yet.........so as the music was still playing we decided to order the Margarita Flight.........you get a selection of 4 of their classic Margaritas to taste.........why not......we`d try that.........so you get the Wildberry, Who`s to blame which is their signature Margarita, Mango and a Watermelon flavor I wasn't sure about.........not a watermelon fan at all.

i-rFQDD79-XL.jpg

Actually, they were all lovely. My least favourite was probably the mango, and I love mango........but for me the Wildberry and the classic hit the spot.......Tom loved the other two.......we did try them all though and we were glad we ordered them to try.

At this point I wasn't looking forward to heading home........I knew it was cold, I was now tired and wished we could call a cab again.......but, we paid our check and wrapped up and set off the short walk home.

And it was cold. It was a little breezy too which made us walk quickly........we didn't pass another soul, but I forget the time. It wasn't too late but we were tired. We cut up through the hotel lobby as you can`t cut through the pool after it`s closed. We thought it was incredibly quiet in the lobby area as we passed through, although there were still folks in Orchids.........not many though.

But, it was lovely walking in to the warmth of the hotel, and our room was warm too as Turndown had adjusted the heat so the room was cosy with the drapes pulled and lights all dimmed.

We quickly checked to see if Kyle had left a message, he hadn't, and saw again, our emails weren't sending nor could we receive any........but, Kyle could Skype a message so we weren't too bothered about emails.

And then sleep.

I cannot wait to have the Margaritaville Nachos- definitely going to plan to have them for dinner one night- and now maybe a margarita flight- that looks good too.

I love your pictures of the parade- so gorgeous! And its very kind of you to share your beads!

THURSDAY 22ND MARCH..........

We slept like babies last night. We always said we think it`s the heat during our usual September trip that makes us so sleepy, but it`s just being here......I don't think we ever sleep as well as we do here........although our own bed is incredibly comfortable and much bigger than this one there`s just something about being here.

We get up early as usual, I look out the window and see a whole load of people heading to the boats for EE, it`s a good perk if it`s not too busy, but not for us............I spend some time just watching the area come to life a little.......getting the pool ready and gardeners blowing leaves into some sort of order........and this is where I could go back to bed today.......Tom was slowly waking up so I jumped into the shower before he did......when I came out he had his usual weather channel on.......weather looked gorgeous today, but only around 68F at the highest......well, as long as the sun was shining it was fine.

We went up for breakfast and the manager Robert came over to chat to us today.......nice guy and very friendly. Always acknowledges us and chats whenever we are in which is nice. We didn't stay long today as we were heading to Celebration.

This was going to be a lazy day.

We drive our usual way along through LBV down to the 192.......this area really does need a revamp......of course once the Crossroads area changes there, it`ll be the start hopefully. The 192 especially does have some shady areas, but never really felt unsafe there......we had gone to the Old Town many years before and had enjoyed it, but once was enough.

Celebration is a beautiful little town........so peaceful and pretty.........of course it had been owned and run by Disney many mons ago, but now it was on it`s own and still was a very desirable place to live. We did mean to visit on our Christmas visit, but just didn't want to leave the parks then, but maybe this year. There are so many pretty little areas and some nice homes. The main area is small but has some nice little stores and restaurants. There is a lovely walking path or you can hire cycles.....far too healthy for us......but, it is a lovely place.

We park easily on Front Street and walk the few steps to the lake which is central to Celebration.........this is just gorgeous to walk around and take in the fresh air, and it`s always quiet!!!

i-rhzXkvr-XL.jpg

i-99dF6Bw-XL.jpg

i-qFRrMXf-XL.jpg

i-XMQnw5w-XL.jpg

The hotel here always looks so nice, and we did plan to go in for a coffee.....but we were having lunch soon. So we just wandered around a little. It does look nice and somewhere we would enjoy spending time.

The sun was quite strong.........which was lovely........

i-KjD4t4D-XL.jpg

i-KV3x755-XL.jpg

We do have a wander around and then head towards the walking path around the back of the hotel.......this is where you can hire the bikes if you wish.........walking would do us just fine!!

i-drG9Lzw-XL.jpg

i-mkvhF5F-XL.jpg

There really is so many places to walk and enjoy some quiet nature around here........although walking back through and over the bridge behind me above, Tom, of course had to remind me as I admired the trees surrounding us and above us that snakes can live in trees and does a fake hisssssss........!!!!!!!

Here, I discover once again I can indeed run when the notion takes me. Not funny!!

I cannot deal with the thought of snakes......any reptile like creature actually........one of the reasons we never visit anywhere with crocodiles or alligators.........cannot bear the thought of them.......and have no desire to be anywhere in the same area as them, I remember being terrified watching the James Bond Live and Let Die movie with those crocodiles........so after Tom stops laughing mainly at the way I run........he catches me up and we wander a little further around the back of the hotel..........

i-Dm25Ppc-XL.jpg

There are quite a few families and folks walking dogs around, and a fair few people jogging.........and everyone is genuinely so nice. No one passes you without saying Good Morning.........we like it here, a lot.

We wander slowly back towards the little shops and restaurants of the town.........we wander up past the ones we know first, and then wander a little further.......not much really to see further up........

i-Wjhz6P7-XL.jpg

i-NZ3dkW9-XL.jpg

i-wBV2TzS-XL.jpg

We do go and sit in the rocking chairs for a little while to pass some time before lunch........it feels warmer than the temperature suggests today and this is bliss sitting here looking over the water while the sun streams down on us.........but......the rocking chair isn't the comfiest chair we have sat on.........so we do move.........and as soon as we move there is someone waiting to take our place. This is a popular little thing to do here.....and there is such a feeling of peace here........and again, everyone is so nice.

We walk up to where we have decided to have lunch as we have heard some lovely things about it.......Celebration Town Tavern.

i-MR7k4B3-XL.jpg

There are already people in eating even though it is quite early, not quite midday yet, and we ask for a table inside.......maybe we should have asked for outside today, but we do prefer eating in anyway........and it looked a lovely place......we thought it would be a good place to go at night times for dinner.

i-smQWGRP-XL.jpg

i-PVWcndP-XL.jpg

The menu is decent and plenty of fish options which is what we are looking for today.........for drinks we decide on Strawberry Lemonades today as we are quite thirsty........and it`s a nice one too. Some places don't make it as nice as others, but we liked this one......

i-8nnLMSH-XL.jpg

i-kKwW9Vc-XL.jpg

The menu is nice. We don't usually have any kind of soup but we do fancy trying the clam chowder.......we had never actually tried this dish and thought we would like it.......so we asked for that with two spoons.......he said no problem..........and Tom opted for baked and stuffed jumbo shrimp with fries and coleslaw and I went for the Lobster Roll with salad.........we sat back and enjoyed the quiet of the restaurant.......it really was nice and staff were friendly.......just hoped food was the same..........

i-Jmv6xLD-XL.jpg

Oh my goodness!!!! Clam Chowder was a revelation.......usually I hate soups and never order them in restaurants.....but chowders were something else........this one was creamy, a little bit peppery and full of flavor.......clams were plentiful and so tasty......even the potato was nice.......we were glad we had got a bowl between us as it would have been very filling otherwise........but, this was a hit.......Tom especially loved it.......guy taking care of us asked how it was and laughed when he saw the almost clean bowl.........yep, we had enjoyed it.

Then our entrees appeared......and some of the nicest fries I ever saw were on the plate.........now I wish I had ordered them too.......

i-R5cDMjf-XL.jpg

i-TRZVpPJ-XL.jpg

Everything was gorgeous.......and those fries were lush!!! The shrimp were huge and I did get one and a bit of another........Tom did taste a bit of my lobster too and we both liked each dish a lot........this had been a good choice for today.

We sat a while longer and eventually we got the check and headed outside........it was still lovely........we went and sat in the shade for a bit opposite the restaurant........and it was still so quiet and relaxing.......I think if this had been a comfy chair we`d have enjoyed a little snooze.........but, it was a bench........so not very comfy on your bum.

We headed back up to the shop area......one of the girls in the Club Lounge had told us to try a place that sold cookie dough??? I was like what..........she explained it was served in ice cream cups but was raw but safely treated cookie dough.......well, I had never heard of it before.......well, I had heard of it but just not being sold as a dessert........but we would try it........

i-cSkbCvz-XL.jpg

It`s a very basic store inside........and the cookie dough choices are laid out like ice creams would be in the chilled cabinet........she asks if we have been before and I say no, we haven't.......she then explains the process and again emphasizes it`s safe despite it having raw eggs in.......hmmm.....not sure this is for us........she does offer us to taste a few, but at this point I`m not convinced I`m going to like it........

i-XnZv94f-XL.jpg

i-Nksx58F-XL.jpg

i-Z9PFh55-XL.jpg

We decide to get the smallest cup they have......and choose Strawberry Cheesecake flavour........we only get one as Tom looks like he would rather starve than eat this.........she says she hopes we enjoy it........so do we. They are very nice girls I have to say.

i-X4DtxfR-XL.jpg

I still hadn't tried it at this point........so we go and sit on the bench just along from here and try it..........

What the heck is the big thing with this???? This is disgustingly sweet and has the grossest texture ever, it was like thick paste.........I have eaten raw cookie dough when I make stuff myself......but, this was not to our taste at all..........nope, not eating any more of this.......Tom, who eats most things almost spat out his spoonful........or should I say the tiniest taste ever of anything, he didn't even taste a whole teaspoon full size..............

This goes straight in the nearest trash can..........so I can safely say we tried it, and won`t be trying it again.......when we mentioned it later to other folks they laughed and said yep......knew you wouldn't like it!!! Tell us then!!! But, I agree tell folks to try it......someone has to like it.

We head back over towards the car now as we plan to go do some shopping, but first we stop off for some more pictures around this beautiful lake and water feature........

i-T2J6q8P-XL.jpg

i-kWC8xRJ-XL.jpg

i-Fm8ZpVF-XL.jpg

We had enjoyed a lovely visit here today.......maybe wouldn't visit for a while, although Tom did want to go back to that place for lunch.....so, never know.......but for now we got back in the car and head back out and drive to LBV outlet centre. This isn't a bad place to wander round but today, we see absolutely nothing we want to buy. Some days you can pick up a lot, but not today.

So we drive back home and on Turkey Lake Road we see the Starflyer next to the Orlando Eye is being tested.......no way will I be going on that!!!! But, it is eye catching........the chairs aren't going around, they are just having them descend and ascend today.......

i-r3Z3Mdt-XL.jpg

We park very near the top of the lot again, it looks quiet today........

I love this hotel and even the entrance area is gorgeous.......

i-k4mJFDj-XL.jpg

We go into lobby and head for front desk to see our guy Bryson.......haven't seen much of him this visit but we do get a few minutes to catch up with him and see what`s happening with him before he starts his shift.........it is so nice to be able to see him and have a chat......we wave to a couple of other staff members and then we head up to our room for a lazy hour or so........

We stick the tv on and I check my emails.....and they are working again, as I have an email from our friend at the hotel who had been away at one of the other hotels for a few days.......we always see him every visit and so far we hadn't. So I replied and within a few minutes he called the room to check on us........it was so lovely to hear from him. And he is incredibly busy so we would try to see him before we left, but understood if we couldn't. Honestly, the nicest guy on the planet!!!

So, now we had spoken to him, we began to think what we would do later.........

We first got a few things organized in suitcases.......we had bought a few things and we were sure everything would fit.......the biggest thing was the box and bag my handbag had come in, and I did want to take them home like that.....so fitted that in one case and bulked stuff around it..........we had plenty of room........

We freshened up and headed up to Club Lounge.........and we sat here till around 8pmish tonight..........two of our favourite guys were in tonight, Samuel and Colby both of whom we adore........so it was lovely having a giggle and a chat with them.......lounge wasn't overly busy again.......

And you can see how far along Aventura is, and even see the cranes for the hotels being built at the top of I Drive.........

i-TxntN3x-XL.jpg

i-xLx3VWb-XL.jpg

We did have a look at the food tonight, and it looked good!

i-kDgXdGJ-XL.jpg

i-gSqf84C-XL.jpg

This was so nice.......we didn't have a lot, but this dish is lovely......and again we were sad Kyle wasn't with us again......he loves this dish.....he loves broccoli, chicken and of course mac n cheese........so we enjoyed some for him and some wine.......and we just sat as we were quite content. We chatted to a few guests we had gotten to know until they headed off to either the pool????? or to MG........wouldn't catch me in the pool tonight......and it was a shame as hours were longer now......pool was open till 11pm.

We did toy with the idea of heading over and doing Mardi Gras again........and quite honestly......couldn't be bothered.........and this was what we love about our touring style......if we don't want to do it we don't have to. We hear so many conversations from people trying to fit so much in during their time here, and at times kids are groaning they`re tired or want to go do some pool time.........it must be hard.

So, eventually we say our goodnights to the boys and head down to Orchids Lounge.........this is a nice lounge too. Almost too relaxing......you can just sit and not have to order anything and sit in the big comfy chairs, or enjoy a cocktail or two. Most folks are here for the Sushi, as are we tonight.

I have no pictures of our drinks tonight, but I do know Tom got a Cabernet Sauvignon and I got a chardonnay........

We do order rather typically, the very spicy Mexican Roll and tonight instead of the Volcano roll we enjoyed last time, we choose the Dynamite Roll........and again, they are both delicious.....and just enough for us tonight.

It has an excellent sushi menu with varied choices for almost everyone........if you like sushi of course! But, as I had mentioned previously, you can order off a smaller menu and has regular items like the burger on. Food comes up from Jake`s so can take longer on occasions if they are really busy, but they will inform you if it is going to be longer.

i-xZXMPNv-XL.jpg

It was busy tonight and got even busier the longer we sat, so we did wait a while for our check, not their fault it was just suddenly very busy........but we did eventually pay and headed up to our room. We did think we would have an early night, but started watching Die Hard on tv and that was us for the next two hours.......best laid plans. Must have been midnight when it went off........we were tired now......and if I`m honest, I`m not sure I saw the very end of the movie..........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!