10 Trips in 27 Months! WOO! HOO! COMPLETED 10/2018

Hi everyone! My first order of tees came from Uniqlo, and they are...ADORABLE! I can't wait to see if the DS store has a different selection than the on line store...I guess I will find out in 27 days!
Good to know! How about some pictures???
I really don't have any ideas for matching shirts :scratchin I bet if you asked on the theme parks board you'd get some good suggestions though!

I just looked at the menu for Trattora al Forno (for the new character breakfast), and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. It doesn't look appealing to me at all...I was going to change Boma from the 4th of July to the 6th and add Trattora on the 4th, but I think I'm going to pass. What does everyone else think of the menu???
I actually think a couple items look good! The breakfast calzone for one and I know there was something else, but offhand I can't remember what it was. I booked it for just Steve and I for May because I'm excited that Rapunzel and Flynn will be there and while Steve is ok with it, I think he's going to feel a bit weird lol

Good to know! How about some pictures???
I really don't have any ideas for matching shirts :scratchin I bet if you asked on the theme parks board you'd get some good suggestions though.

I actually think a couple items look good! The breakfast calzone for one and I know there was something else, but offhand I can't remember what it was. I booked it for just Steve and I for May because I'm excited that Rapunzel and Flynn will be there and while Steve is ok with it, I think he's going to feel a bit weird lol

Hi Ariane! I have to figure out how to transfer regular photos onto the DIS. I keep getting the error message that they are too big...If you go to Uniqlo, it's a gray tee with the silhouette of Mickey and Minnie in a heart and the other is a black tee with the pixar characters in a circle, but half are on the front and half are on the back.

I will agree, the calzone does look ok. I honestly wanted to do the breakfast for Flynn Rider, but got out voted by the rest of my clan...BOO!!!

Your trips ALL sound wonderful! WL and POFQ are my fav resorts. I have stayed at WL 3 times, but never concierge...LUCKY YOU!!!! I really enjoy all your trip reports. keep them coming!!! :love:

I just stumbled upon this trip report...just in time for you to already be on your way for your trip. Have a great time!

I only read through it quickly...and just had to keep smiling at all of your ADR changes...sounds VERY familiar to me!

I still have about 3 months until my first trip of 2017 (at the end of May) and that will be followed by another trip in August...which looks like a non-Disney park trip right now but includes a stay at Disney's Vero Beach resort. Then we hope to go back in October for F&W and MNSSHP and then in December also. So I'll get in 3 trips this year for sure. I have a link to that PTR in my siggy below!

LOVE that you got Sanaa. I'm a very picky eater and it took me years to try Sanaa. I must say once we tried it...I was hooked. Now my favorite is the Naan bread service and the dish is the Butter Chicken and short ribs, but I think they took the short ribs off the menu as of our last meal there. I haven't looked at their menu in a while. Enjoy!

I have to go back and find your plans for this trip...or just read them when you get back! :)

Oh and one more thing for both you and Ariane...because this was just too good not to sure...my birthday is also MARCH 8th!!! So right around the corner!!

Can't wait to read more!

I just stumbled upon this trip report...just in time for you to already be on your way for your trip. Have a great time!

I only read through it quickly...and just had to keep smiling at all of your ADR changes...sounds VERY familiar to me!

I still have about 3 months until my first trip of 2017 (at the end of May) and that will be followed by another trip in August...which looks like a non-Disney park trip right now but includes a stay at Disney's Vero Beach resort. Then we hope to go back in October for F&W and MNSSHP and then in December also. So I'll get in 3 trips this year for sure. I have a link to that PTR in my siggy below!

LOVE that you got Sanaa. I'm a very picky eater and it took me years to try Sanaa. I must say once we tried it...I was hooked. Now my favorite is the Naan bread service and the dish is the Butter Chicken and short ribs, but I think they took the short ribs off the menu as of our last meal there. I haven't looked at their menu in a while. Enjoy!

I have to go back and find your plans for this trip...or just read them when you get back! :)

Oh and one more thing for both you and Ariane...because this was just too good not to sure...my birthday is also MARCH 8th!!! So right around the corner!!

Can't wait to read more!

Hi Dina! I'm glad you stumbled upon my report. Welcome!!! I hope I don't bore you too much...
I hadn't planned on making any ADR changes for our July trip, but as we all know, never say never...(except booking Tony's, but that didn't happen anyway)
I am so excited for Sanaa! We are only going for the bread service, and cocktails of course...We are having lunch at Wahlburgers in downtown Orlando. My husband and I LOVE Donnie and Mark, and actually live relatively close to Donnie and Jenny McCarthy. Yes, we stalked their neighborhood and found their home...:rolleyes2 Then, we HAVE to pop into Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar. We only have the 1 night in Disney this time, because the main purpose of this trip is to babysit my niece. Disney turned out to be a complete bonus, and I will take it ANY way I can...
MARCH * is a GREAT date! Happy early birthday!

Hi Dina! I'm glad you stumbled upon my report. Welcome!!! I hope I don't bore you too much...
I hadn't planned on making any ADR changes for our July trip, but as we all know, never say never...(except booking Tony's, but that didn't happen anyway)
I am so excited for Sanaa! We are only going for the bread service, and cocktails of course...We are having lunch at Wahlburgers in downtown Orlando. My husband and I LOVE Donnie and Mark, and actually live relatively close to Donnie and Jenny McCarthy. Yes, we stalked their neighborhood and found their home...:rolleyes2 Then, we HAVE to pop into Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar. We only have the 1 night in Disney this time, because the main purpose of this trip is to babysit my niece. Disney turned out to be a complete bonus, and I will take it ANY way I can...
MARCH * is a GREAT date! Happy early birthday!

Ah...sounds like a GREAT plan for Sanaa! Hopefully you'll still have room for lunch after all that naan! Agreed that any time you can fit in a Disney day is always good!

Hi friends! Just another quick update...I am about to book another trip to Florida (but, not Disney). It's ok though, I'm still going to Florida, and that's what counts...My daughter Ashley (youngest twin) and I are flying down June 1-4 to...babysit for my 16 month old niece.:-) Yes, her parents are going to have a final, fun night seeing their favorite band, Blue October, complete with another set of meet and greets before BABY #2 COMES!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I am going to be an aunt for the second time...Due date October 16...

So, let's recap...
March 21-22 Joe and I head to Orlando, staying at the DoubleTree DS to enjoy fine food, cocktails and lots of retail therapy...
March 22-27 Joe and I leave for St Petersburg (after breakfast at Olivia's), to enjoy family, the beach, and lounging at the pool with...cocktails...
June1-4 Ashley and I fly down to St Pete to babysit for my niece. We will also spend time at the beach, there will be lots of eating and shopping...
June 28-July 12 Joe, Ash, Ali and I fly into Orlando, drive to St Pete, spend 4 nights there, drive back to Disney for 4 nights, then head back down to St Pete for 6 nights...
Whew! That makes me tired!!!

Last edited:

Hii :wave2:

I hadn't noticed that you had a TR! I will be following along...I'm only a few posts in on the first page, so I need to catch up, but wanted to say I love your photos! You all look so happy!!

**ok, I'm caught up!

YUM!! to Sanaa and Yachtsman. Two of my new favorites from our December trip.
I feel like I'm playing dining reservation roulette right now, trying to figure out what I'm switching, keeping, or making new for May. I always find it funny how I'm determined to get up early and make the ADRs, then I continue to change them throughout the rest of the planning process. I always love knowing I'm not alone.

You can add me into the group that booked LTT then cancelled when the menu changed. I was so sad to drop it in December, because I hadn't been since it was a character meal in 2001, and I wanted so badly to go back.

Looking forward to keeping up with your adventures in March and July!!

**editing again to add I'm going to be checking Uniqlo online, I didn't realize it wasn't only in DS either! I also like to go on a shirt buying binge...usually small shops on etsy and instagram. It can be a problem, lol!

Last edited:
Hii :wave2:

I hadn't noticed that you had a TR! I will be following along...I'm only a few posts in on the first page, so I need to catch up, but wanted to say I love your photos! You all look so happy!!

**ok, I'm caught up!

YUM!! to Sanaa and Yachtsman. Two of my new favorites from our December trip.
I feel like I'm playing dining reservation roulette right now, trying to figure out what I'm switching, keeping, or making new for May. I always find it funny how I'm determined to get up early and make the ADRs, then I continue to change them throughout the rest of the planning process. I always love knowing I'm not alone.

You can add me into the group that booked LTT then cancelled when the menu changed. I was so sad to drop it in December, because I hadn't been since it was a character meal in 2001, and I wanted so badly to go back.

Looking forward to keeping up with your adventures in March and July!!

**editing again to add I'm going to be checking Uniqlo online, I didn't realize it wasn't only in DS either! I also like to go on a shirt buying binge...usually small shops on etsy and instagram. It can be a problem, lol!

Thanks for following along! I'll try to make it interesting enough, that you will continue...
Isn't it funny how you go in with a list of ADR's and you think to yourself how perfect they are, only to change them 15 times...????
Very disappointed in LTT's menu. We last ate there in 2013...
The tees on line at Uniqlo are darling, and I think the quality is decent...However, I feel they run a little big...
I'm so sorry about what your MIL put you through, but I'd take time at Disney alone any day of the week, simply to do what I want to do, when I want to do it...

Looking for airfare for June 1-4. That's my next project...It's still a little high for my liking...

I have ANOTHER update...We, meaning me, my daughter, Ashley, my sister, Julie and niece, Gia are going to DISNEY!!!!!!! AGAIN!!!!!!! I told my sister that since I am flying down from Chicago to babysit my niece (June 1-4), that she could spend 1 of those nights at Disney while I'm there, so I can get my fix. And she said...OF COURSE!!!!!! We will be spending June 2-3 at Art of Animation, POR (Royal Room), or ASMo. I will be booking air and hotel sometime in the next 2 weeks...SOOOOOOO PSYCHED!!!!!!

Should I change my trip report title to 3 Trips in 3 Months?????

Just booked Cape May Cafe for breakfast on June 3rd. This way, not only do I get my Disney hotel fix, but I get to see some characters as well. We aren't doing a park this trip. We are just going to play at the pool with my niece, eat a lot and do some shopping.

UPDATE!!! :donald::mickeyjum

Ok! Me, my sister, Julie, my daughter, Ashley, and my niece, Gia are officially booked at Art of Animation in a Little Mermaid room June 2-3.
We have dinner reservations on the 2nd at Art Smith's Homecoming and breakfast the next morning at Cape May Cafe. I am sooooo excited to try Art Smith's. I am DEFINITELY getting fried chicken...We plan on swimming, shopping, eating and drinking...

So a recap:

March 21-22 My husband Joe and I are staying at the Hilton Doubletree DS. We are having lunch at Wahlburgers in downtown Orlando.
Reservations at Sanaa for dinner on the 21st and breakfast at Olivia's on the 22nd. We will also be stopping in at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar for some serious adult beverages as well as the Tambu Lounge for a Lapu Lapu...

St Pete March 22-27

June 1-4 My daughter, Ashley and I are flying into St Pete. We are staying with my sister, Julie.
June 2-3 Art of Animation in a Little Mermaid room (Me, Julie, Ashley and Gia).
Reservations at Art Smith's for dinner on the 2nd and breakfast at Cape May Cafe on the 3rd.

June 28-July 2 St Pete Me, Joe, Ashley and Ali.
July 2-6 Coronado Springs Resort (My sister and her family as well as my brother, TJ will be joining us for part of the Disney trip).
July 6-12 back to St Pete.

UPDATE!!! :donald::mickeyjum

Ok! Me, my sister, Julie, my daughter, Ashley, and my niece, Gia are officially booked at Art of Animation in a Little Mermaid room June 2-3.
We have dinner reservations on the 2nd at Art Smith's Homecoming and breakfast the next morning at Cape May Cafe. I am sooooo excited to try Art Smith's. I am DEFINITELY getting fried chicken...We plan on swimming, shopping, eating and drinking...

So a recap:

March 21-22 My husband Joe and I are staying at the Hilton Doubletree DS. We are having lunch at Wahlburgers in downtown Orlando.
Reservations at Sanaa for dinner on the 21st and breakfast at Olivia's on the 22nd. We will also be stopping in at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar for some serious adult beverages as well as the Tambu Lounge for a Lapu Lapu...

St Pete March 22-27

June 1-4 My daughter, Ashley and I are flying into St Pete. We are staying with my sister, Julie.
June 2-3 Art of Animation in a Little Mermaid room (Me, Julie, Ashley and Gia).
Reservations at Art Smith's for dinner on the 2nd and breakfast at Cape May Cafe on the 3rd.

June 28-July 2 St Pete Me, Joe, Ashley and Ali.
July 2-6 Coronado Springs Resort (My sister and her family as well as my brother, TJ will be joining us for part of the Disney trip).
July 6-12 back to St Pete.

Ah...another trip...LOVE it!

My daughter and I just returned from a VERY last minute trip over the weekend that we booked on Friday morning (updated my PTR with the details). It was so much FUN! We ended up at the Hilton Buena Vista on Hotel Plaza Blvd and it was actually pretty nice. I do love the Doubletree hotels for their cookies...but it wasn't available to book at the very last minute!

You are really making me want to squeeze in another WDW trip this summer though. Right now we only have May, October and December. I may need a few days in August as well, before we head to Vero Beach!

Ah...another trip...LOVE it!

My daughter and I just returned from a VERY last minute trip over the weekend that we booked on Friday morning (updated my PTR with the details). It was so much FUN! We ended up at the Hilton Buena Vista on Hotel Plaza Blvd and it was actually pretty nice. I do love the Doubletree hotels for their cookies...but it wasn't available to book at the very last minute!

You are really making me want to squeeze in another WDW trip this summer though. Right now we only have May, October and December. I may need a few days in August as well, before we head to Vero Beach!

Hi Dina! I've enjoyed reading your TR's too. Sometimes, getting away for a few days is better than nothing.:P

Hi Dina! I've enjoyed reading your TR's too. Sometimes, getting away for a few days is better than nothing.:P

Glad you enjoyed it. Agreed...but on the flip side it's really making me want to do it AGAIN! Maybe solo. I probably won't but you never know.

I just applied for a SWA Visa today to get more points. I hope it arrives in time to book my October flights. I might book the August flights to Grand Cayman on it as well, if that's what we end up doing.

:earsgirl: Have annual passes, will travel...to Disney! :tigger:

Another update my Dis friends...Ashley and I are flying into Tampa on May 31st instead of June 1st. It was cheaper to fly out on a Wednesday, so my sister said absolutely. This gives us an extra day in Florida...HURRAY!!!

I can't keep up with all your trips lol! Wahlburgers sounds fun, I've loved me some Mark Wahlburg since he was Marky Mark :laughing:
I like your new June trip too, with Homecomin' dinner and CMC breakfast. Homecomin' is one I really want to try for the fried green tomatoes but it got chopped from our trip this month unfortunately. Going to try again in May :)

I can't keep up with all your trips lol! Wahlburgers sounds fun, I've loved me some Mark Wahlburg since he was Marky Mark :laughing:
I like your new June trip too, with Homecomin' dinner and CMC breakfast. Homecomin' is one I really want to try for the fried green tomatoes but it got chopped from our trip this month unfortunately. Going to try again in May :)

You have a lot of trips planned too!
Joe and I are obsessed with the Wahlburgs, so we thought our March trip would be the perfect time to par take in some delicious burgers...Joe even received $50 in gift cards for the restaurant for his bday.:D
I am DYING to try Homecomin'. The menu has all kinds of good southern comfort items to try...
I've done CMC before, but its been a few years, so I'm hoping it hasn't lost its charm...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter