100 day no sail order from CDC

Heavens2Betsy

Earning My Ears
Just saw this - any idea what it means? Is it fairly certain cruises will be cancelled through the summer? Or is there a way they can get around it?

Based on the wording no ship can dock in the US or sail in US waters until July 18, or the no sail order is rescinded, whichever comes first (and assuming the no sail order is not extended). It doesn't prevent a cruise ship from visiting other countries that have not locked down their ports.

So cruise lines could, in theory, be up and running in the summer, and maybe even departing out of the US. I don't think it's likely, but the possibility is there.

Also relevant is this is federal guidance. Individual US ports can close without fed approval. Seattle and Alaska and NY/NJ are definitely among those who will stay closed as long as they determine.

International ports also have to be willing to let a ship dock.

I still think that a US port cruise could be a safer option for a short time after things get better. This way you wouldn’t get stuck on a ship in a foreign land and the US would take care of their own.
Cut out Vancouver go from Washington to Alaska.
Run up and down the eastern or western US coast.
Of course (add your precaution here) would be required for safe travels.

I still think that a US port cruise could be a safer option for a short time after things get better. This way you wouldn’t get stuck on a ship in a foreign land and the US would take care of their own.
Cut out Vancouver go from Washington to Alaska.
Run up and down the eastern or western US coast.
Of course (add your precaution here) would be required for safe travels.
Most of the cruise lines actually can't do that.

Because the ships are registered to another country, a ship starting and ending in an American port MUST make a stop at a foreign port. Hence, you've got Alaskan cruises stopping in Vancouver or Victoria, and 3/4 night DCL cruises stopping at Castaway Cay.

That’s what I thought should change for a short while at least. A short term waver of that rule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!