100 Point RIV for $135

Kenito

Mouseketeer
I see Fidelity just listed a Riviera 100 point December contact asking $135 (100/2019, 100/2020, 109/2021). Curious what it will sell for...

I bet it will sell quickly.

It probably will, but at that price, it's still too high for me with resale restrictions. Too me, at $135, it's still a bad sign for Riviera resale pricing, because is that below the pricing of the other fairly new DVC resorts come resale time. Without restrictions, it wouldn't be this low this soon.

Great3

It probably will, but at that price, it's still too high for me with resale restrictions. Too me, at $135, it's still a bad sign for Riviera resale pricing, because is that below the pricing of the other fairly new DVC resorts come resale time. Without restrictions, it wouldn't be this low this soon.

Great3

I bet it will go around $120 depending on why seller is selling But I could also see someone taking for $135. It’s still a $60 saving over direct And decent size for someone who wants occasional stays there.

Lots of competition for very few low priced contracts may drive it up to full price $135. $60 a point is a great savings! You have to have your finger on the button with Fidelity and hope they answer the phone...emails aren't always answered promptly. Last year I found a contract in the wee hours of the morning by chance and bid full price plus .50 per point via email and then was on the phone first thing. They had lots of email bids for the contract and I was the highest bidder - by a few bucks. The contract was way underpriced and it did pass ROFR - part luck.

Did anyone call to see if it sold already? I guess we should all be able to see tomorrow because I think their site updates at midnight or something. It’s so archaic.

Did anyone call to see if it sold already? I guess we should all be able to see tomorrow because I think their site updates at midnight or something. It’s so archaic.
That broker is also closed weekends so if an offer comes in, it wouldn’t Be presented until Monday

I thought they listed it this morning, so it should’ve been presented today since it’s Friday, correct? I thought they were open M-F.

I got emails from one of their agents last Saturday in relation to a bid I'd made online on Friday. It was only on Monday that I heard our offer had been accepted though. Maybe it depends on the particular agent the contract has been assigned to?

I see Fidelity just listed a Riviera 100 point December contact asking $135 (100/2019, 100/2020, 109/2021). Curious what it will sell for...

I wouldn’t buy it at $100/point with the MFs and resale restrictions. I’m sure others love it, but not for me. Reflections, however.....🐠🐟🐠

I wouldn’t buy it at $100/point with the MFs and resale restrictions. I’m sure others love it, but not for me. Reflections, however.....🐠🐟🐠

See? And they’d have to give me Reflections for free before I’d even consider it. The theme and access to MK only via boat, especially at park closing, doesn’t appeal to me in the slightest. This is a perfect example of different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:
I made a low ball offer on it and the agent replied this afternoon. Seems they had an offer already accepted by the seller. I did ask if my offer was in the ball park but I didn't receive a reply...

I made a low ball offer on it and the agent replied this afternoon. Seems they had an offer already accepted by the seller. I did ask if my offer was in the ball park but I didn't receive a reply...

Probably not terribly ethical for him to answer that question.

So you will buy Reflections which will have higher maintenance fees, the same resale restrictions and at a lot more $$ per point because RIV? Wow some serious thought must have gone into your buying process.

I interpreted ClemTig to mean, he/she would buy Reflections for $100 / pt, but not Riviera. I don't see how that's a lot more $$$ per point. Of course only ClemTig can explain original thinking in his/her mind. I can see how you interpreted the posting differently, just presenting that the meaning may not always be what you interpreted to mean. Of course I may be wrong also.

Great3

See? And they’d have to give me Reflections for free before I’d even consider it. The theme and access to MK only via boat, especially at park closing, doesn’t appeal to me in the least. This is a perfect example of different strokes for different folks.

Fair points, but there is only one BCV.

:rolleyes1:flower1:

So you will buy Reflections which will have higher maintenance fees, the same resale restrictions and at a lot more $$ per point because RIV? Wow some serious thought must have gone into your buying process.
To each his or her own. I think resale restrictions, maintenance fees, etc. aren't really that relevant. It's just where you want to stay that matters.

If I'm reading this correctly, the person selling this never actually used a single point of their contract. I went to look at Fidelity, and there are three current listings at Riviera, and all three have full points.

You'd think the buyers could rent some of the points to recover at least some of the cost, although they may not be aware of that option.

Higher maint fees? Doubtful. The DVC part is 1/3 of a bigger hotel. MF have been lower in theses settings. Also, there is no Skyliner to pay for.

Resale restrictions? Remains to be seen if they will still be around. But even if they are, not a deal breaker for me.

Higher $$ per point? Probably, but initial cost is only a part of the equation.

Here are other parts of my thought process-

-Wife and I prefer the style of the resort. By a lot.

-I’m not staring at CBR.

-We plan to park an RV next door, so kids/grandkids can stay at Reflections and we can hang out with them

-I don’t have to ride in a hot box suspended by a wire to my destination- a wire that I don’t trust won’t leave me hanging in 90+ degree heat without air conditioning. I’ll take the boat, thank you very much.

-There are recreation options next door at Fort Wilderness that don’t exist for RIV.

So we HAVE put a lot of thought into it. You may not agree, but then you’re not spending my money....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!