100 pushups/200 crunches challenge-anyone?

ghoulishgirl

I love Halloween and am afraid of butterflies
http://www.hundredpushups.com/
I'm thinking of starting this program this weekend. Anyone interested in joining me? I already did the initial test, 18 modified/knee/girl pushups and 30 crunches. I don't want to start in the middle of the week, so I will start this Sunday.

looks interesting, I'm going to check it out when I have more time to read the site. I suck at push ups, it would blow my mind to be able to do 100 straight

I'm definitely in--thanks for posting the link! I can already do the crunches, but I have been struggling with push-ups for ages. Right now, I can do maybe 60 or so push-ups (in 3 sets...not straight), and I would love to get better at it. And I definitely need the extra training in my arms and and chest.

Thanks for the link!
I'll have to read it more tomorrow, but I think I'm in. I'll have to take the initial test tomorrow as well.
I'm pretty good at sit ups but I have a really hard time with push ups.

Are you kidding? This sounds like TORTURE! After doing the JM 30 day shred for about 10 days, I have worked my way up to doing 10 girlie push-ups... and then I'm DEAD! And I really have trouble with crunches, since they really hurt my neck, no matter how I do them. You folks are impressive if you can even attempt this. I'll check out the website though, just to see what I am missing! :lmao: ................P

How ironic - I just found that site this week and was thinking of starting! I was kind of unsure though, it seems so far fetched to think someday I could do 100 pushups, but if you're starting I'm 'in' too!!

I haven't done the assessment yet, I'll do that in the morning I guess since I'm sooooo tired tonight already.

Good luck Sunday!

I'm in fairly good shape...cardio and weight train several 5 times a week. I can't imagine ever doing 100 push-ups! The crunches I can do, but I can only do so many girly push ups!

I'm starting tomorrow. I still can't believe what I've started here, but I guess I'm looking for some accountability. My first triathlon is June 7 and sure, there has been lots of biking and running and swimming, but I'm nervous and want to be in the best shape possible. I used to have great arms many years ago when I was working on my friends horse ranch but those days are long gone and I'm hoping maybe this will help shape them up! God help me, I'm considering the squats too!

Good luck ghoulishgirl. I believe you will be able to do it.:goodvibes

I have been doing Boot Camp at the Y. When we started in Jan, I could only do 37 girly push ups in one minute and 19 situps in 2 minutes. At the end of March, I did 55 full plank push ups in one minute and 57 situps in 2 minutes. BIG improvement, IMO. I will finish up my second boot camp next week, and am hoping to improve both of those.

Once you have mastered that, try doing the push ups with a challenge-say hands on a medicine ball/feet on floor and vice versa. Or one hand on the ball, push up and switch sides with each push up. Great core and balance workout!

ghoulishgirl... I will try. I will start today. I know how many I can do, I have been trying to get in better shape lately... I am happy to say I can do more than one :rotfl:

I will join you :woohoo: Anyone else in????

ETA: I can't believe I just wrote "try" I always tell my girls that when they say try they are telling their brain that they can quit if they want because they were only "trying"... I will "do" it.

Checking in! I have to say I have been dreading getting started, but it wasn't so bad!

Week 1, Day 1:
Pushups: 10,12,7,7 max (at least 9) I did 14.
Crunches:15,18,10,10, max (at least 14) I did 17.

I'm so glad you have joined me in this challenge! Good luck to you all!

Next day: Wednesday!

I have been doing Boot Camp at the Y. When we started in Jan, I could only do 37 girly push ups in one minute and 19 situps in 2 minutes. At the end of March, I did 55 full plank push ups in one minute and 57 situps in 2 minutes. BIG improvement, IMO. I will finish up my second boot camp next week, and am hoping to improve both of those.

ONLY 37 girly push ups? OMG, I can't do that many yet! I have to admit, I've talked about this challenge all week but haven't started yet:scared: I want to, I just keep finding excuses to not do the assessment! Tomorrow morning I'mat the gym and I am hereby declaring my official start!! Wish me luck...

I am interested and will check this websight out when I get home from work tonight. Thanks for the link.

Week 1, Day 2: I was supposed to do this yesterday, but got an invitation to go boating! Lots of driving to/from the lake and sitting on a boat so it didn't get done yesterday. So, I'm a little tired today.

Pushups:10,12,8,8 and max (at least 12) I did (barely)12.
Crunches:15,18,15,15,max (at least 18) I did 20.

ONLY 37 girly push ups? OMG, I can't do that many yet! I have to admit, I've talked about this challenge all week but haven't started yet:scared: I want to, I just keep finding excuses to not do the assessment! Tomorrow morning I'mat the gym and I am hereby declaring my official start!! Wish me luck...

Here is how you know exercise is working for you-tonight was final assessment for boot camp. I did 80 full plank push ups in 1 minute. Yep, 80.

I asked our trainer about this program, she said that 6 weeks is the amount of time it takes for you to a)break old habits and start new ones b)see changes.

You can do it, anyone can, you just have to keep working at it.

I did my assessment Thursday (10 regular push ups) so I'm due to start day 1 today... 6,6,4,4, max (at least 5)... If you don't hear from me again today it means I did it! Wish me luck...

Count me in! I just looked it over and will plan to start this week sometime. Ive been taking bootcamp classes for about 5 months now and have gone from girlie push ups to being able to do 20 good form push ups. I would LOVE to be able to do 100 push ups! After 2 kids, I could really use a lot of ab work too so this should be just what I need. Good luck everyone!

I just found out about this yesterday and have decided that I'm going to do all three: 100 push-ups, 200 sit-ups, 200 squats! Yikes! I will be starting tomorrow, so we'll see how things go. My kids are going to join me so this should be a lot of fun!

Anyone else having trouble getting through that last set? The one that says "at least __" I max out 3 or 4 pushups before that number!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter