10k search in MD

clemsondisneygirl

Mouseketeer
Hi Disney runners! We recently moved to Maryland in the Westminster area and I am signed up for Princess. I'd love to do a 10k as proof of time in the next few months and was hoping someone on here might have a good recommendation? I have done a lot of internet searching but of course think it's better if it's word of mouth from runners who actually know of good races.

In the area would obviously be first choice but Baltimore, Annapolis, DC and Philly are all within driving distance. Would just require more planning for care of my 1 year old as this is my husband's busy season at work!

Thanks in advance!!!

Marine Corps 10k is October 28 in DC. I ran it in 2016 (for POT for Princess) and loved the course. IMHO the Marines put on one of the best races I’ve ever run.

Marine Corps 10k is October 28 in DC. I ran it in 2016 (for POT for Princess) and loved the course. IMHO the Marines put on one of the best races I’ve ever run.

Thanks! I will definitely look into this! I have heard great things about the Marine Corps, but didn't realize they had shorter races.

I can't help you with word of mouth but Running in the USA has a search by state feature. Here is the Maryland link. You can filter by distance to a city (like within 50 miles of Baltimore) and a bunch of other options.

There are currently 61 10Ks coming up within 50 miles of Baltimore and 132 within 100 miles.

I’m in MD (welcome!). I’d second Marine Corps as a fall 10K. Just be warned that it’s a crowded start with a wonky corral system, so pack your patience in that first mile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter