10th anniversary ideas?

Dolewhipt

Earning My Ears
My husband asked where I’d like to go for our 10th anniversary. We never went on a honeymoon—I couldn’t get time off, and then we soon had babies and yada yada yada.

Anyway, we’ve never had a vacation with just the two of us because I’ve always been reluctant to leave my kids or there’s been some sort of work crisis.

SO...I’m looking for recommendations. I’m embarrassed to say that I have no desire for an “authentic” experience like eating bugs or building mud huts or some such meaningful instagram thing. I know it sounds passé and tacky but I actually LIKE a fake, safe, and curated experience (which is why I like Disney stuff so much: I work in a pediatric hospital and my husband is a disabled combat vet—we’ve seen enough reality and we want to escape from it.)

I want fun and relaxation and happiness and exceptional customer service. My husband is cool with wherever, but he doesn’t want to do DL or Wdw. Budget is pretty flexible, but I don’t want to be away from my kids for more than 5ish days or so. Help!!

There are a few "Weekend Getaway" ABDs. New York City, San Francisco and the Disneyland & Southern California Short Escape. There's also Short Escapes for Copenhagen, Rome and Barcelona. These would all fit within your timeframe away from the kids (although there's more travel time with the Europe ones, obviously).

Sayhello

Congrats on 10 years! Look in the other options thread also. Nothing against ABD, but your time limit will restrict your choices. If you want more options there are other, good companies that folks from this board have BTDT experience with, that you can add to your list of choices.

I’m a doctor. I get wanting something curated. There’s enough reality in my daily life, thank you very much.

Based upon your requirements, my suggestions would be a cruise or all-inclusive resort. (That's not to say that the world isn't full of great mud-hut and bug-eating free hotels. I base this suggestion more on the fact that you are looking for a relaxing vacation in a short amount of time. Going somewhere far flung would mean that half your trip would be eaten up with travel and I personally don't find flying relaxing).

No idea of where you live But try this

Fly to Seattle ..... Hire a car ....... Drive to Port Angeles .... take car ferry to Victoria on Vancouver Island ( Canada )

Explore that area ....... Then Car Ferry from Nanaimo To Vancouver ( Horseshoe Bay ) Drive up to Whistler

....... Back to Vancouver ......... To Bellingham ( USA ) & back to Seattle ..... & home

2 Relaxing Boat Trips ..... good scenery ......... Look for good Hotels ......... Enjoy the Fun on the

Chair / Gondola Rides at Whistler ( Go on the Peak to Peak Gondola ) & see another Country.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!