11-month window pixie dust

Transferred points retain their home resort and UY. So, transferring your AKV points to your daughter will not enable her to use those points for a VGF reservation at 11 months.
sorry I should have clarified. 11 month window for animal kingdom

Why not make the booking yourself if just using AKV points at AKV?
Agree. If you need to use borrowed points, you cannot transfer borrowed or banked points and you cannot borrow transferred points. It should be easy enough for you to make the reservation. If you transfer them to her, she will need to wait for MS to open since she cannot see transferred points online unless they match both the UY and resort. So she has lost an hour to book if you are trying to get something difficult.

I've had two instances of pixie dust.

1. After I bought a second resale VGF contract, MS did a reallocation of points for me to use points from the new contract and then they unborrowed points from my original contract.
2. I booked a 1BR standard view BWV for 1 night using BWV points -- then inside of 7 months, they let me use my VGF points (or maybe even OTU points -- I can't remember) for the room so that I could get those BWV points back into my account (needed those points so that I could book a standard studio at BWV for 5 nights).

But I don't think they'd let you do what your guide was implying.
What is an "OTU" point?

Reallocation in 1. used new home resort points you just acquired to replace home resort points you previously used.

Reallocation in 2. is actually not within the rules. They replaced points used within the home resort priority window with points from another resort, actually letting you go around booking rules. I'm glad for you, bu that was a mistake on the CM part and not something I would count on happening again. Unless there was availability for another 1BR at BWV for the same night, in that case it wasn't really a reallocation but a new booking and then a cancellation.
In the first instance -- the reallocation was fine -- but they aren't supposed to unborrow the points. I certainly wasn't going to complain.

In the second instance -- I definitely do not expect that to work often. I was certainly fortunate on that one (the room was not available at the 7 month mark -- so it was not a new booking with cancellation).

You can also just use one time use year points when you make the reservation. I think its up to $20 per point now but someone can correct me. So if you can't borrow or dont want to since you sound to be right at the line of what you need to use, its an option.

You can also just use one time use year points when you make the reservation. I think its up to $20 per point now but someone can correct me. So if you can't borrow or dont want to since you sound to be right at the line of what you need to use, its an option.

OTU points are only available at 7 months though so it wouldn't apply for the 11 month booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter