12/3 through 12/11: magic and mischief!

bd410

Earning My Ears
so in the last 10 years we have done
1 Week wife and I pre kids
2 8 day stays as a full family
1 weekend no kids for a wedding
And 1 weekend with kids
After all that I think I have some experience to confidently express some thoughts and ideas esp based on last trip.
wDW is a truly magical vacation, but so are others trips. If you like and want WDW then it’s gonna be perfect. We are that type of family. We go all in. Helped a lot of frustrated mom and dads this week bc they just didn’t know how to navigate it all, you can tell they are not getting everything out of their time (and money)
- parks are getting significantly more and more crowded. It doesn’t ruin anything- just takes more patience and planning. Thank you WDWinfo.com!
- the dining plan works esp for a family that is character dining. Our plan was approx 1650. This time we did 7 sit downs, 3 of them character. Added up total of meals for those 7 was approx 950. Add in the quick services, 20 bucks per Starbucks breakfast runs using snack credits and it all works out with less hassle.
highlights: 1900 park fare- great staff, despite long wait. Great character interaction. Good Buffet as buffets go- I’ve had worse in Vegas hotels. We all though food was exceptional.
The Wave: it was our third time eating there. Reservations are easy to come by. I see a lot of people giving it poor reviews but again it was a great meal. Steak cooked to temp. I had short ribs and noodles which was as good a meal as goin out at home to a micheal Symon joint.
crystal palace: decent food,esp for location. I like being able to get fresh veggies and other options in the parks
Woodys lunchbox breakfast was good- and mobile ordering fast in our times using it
Dining in Disney is simply that. Dining in a place that has massive crowds, high table turn over and needs to prep for that. When we want “good food” we plan foodie trips to Vegas or Chicago. But WDW does what they do very well.
-Star Wars land rocks. Nuff said. Toy story land rocks. The eight millionth time on dumbo with my kids still rocks bc it’s vacation and it’s magical and it’s what we love.
Only complaints we noticed: seems like they are making a ton more dining reservations than ever before. We waited longer this time and had to arrival 30+ minutes early to check in.
unfortunately WDW is a place to spend money...if anyone is on the fence about goin, then I wouldn’t suggest it. I feel you have to want all of Disney: the crowds, the lines the walking,and the willingness to know it will be expensive. If you can check all those boxes, then you’ll be hooked.

Sounds like a great trip! We are planning on going this December- the 4th-12th. How was your weather? Did it change much throughout the day? Were the decorations for Christmas magical?

Sounds like a great trip! We are planning on going this December- the 4th-12th. How was your weather? Did it change much throughout the day? Were the decorations for Christmas magical?
Initially cooler- jeans and light jacket to pool weather hot. Dis at the holidays is amazing, but for us xmas time just needs to be cold coming from the Midwest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!